Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

This is very cute! I just can’t tell which is the little Hyukie behind the strawberry, I thought it was Chulmin but I think he is by his ear :P

I can't tell that little Hyukie and the one behind LYO. But I think you are right, It could be Chulmin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

 

Btw just wanted to get you guys thoughts of what Hyukie said in his latest fan meeting. I think there were some parts where it was abit hard for me to understand clearly but I guess the gist of it was that he feels that he’s been charging forward too much (always looking ahead only) and now he wants to take a step back and be more present with people and also reminisce the past more? He wants to make more effort in catching up with friends and investing in friendship gestures that he didn’t use to do in the past isit? 

 

Yeah something like that, to do more planning instead of just working hard etc. I think the fans there also may not understand his views totally so they just do their own interpretation of his words. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I can't tell that little Hyukie and the one behind LYO. But I think you are right, It could be Chulmin.

I think the one next to LYO is Chulmin (the psychos lol) but the one behind the strawberry! I need to know! Lol

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw just wanted to get you guys thoughts of what Hyukie said in his latest fan meeting. I think there were some parts where it was abit hard for me to understand clearly but I guess the gist of it was that he feels that he’s been charging forward too much (always looking ahead only) and now he wants to take a step back and be more present with people and also reminisce the past more? He wants to make more effort in catching up with friends and investing in friendship gestures that he didn’t use to do in the past isit? 

Yea, I think his focus shift in last few years, but it also might not be in way we imagine.  He's pretty creative and sometime hit two birds with one stone.  Take for instance how he use variety shows to achieve this.

 

Jang Hyuk: I would like to do a travel variety show with my friends as they are all busy and we can’t meet up regularly. This kind of variety show will allow us to meet up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I think the one next to LYO is Chulmin (the psychos lol) but the one behind the strawberry! I need to know! Lol

Hahaha! No wonder Chulmin looks scarily  "innocent" looking behind LYO who's busy examining the quality of JH's hair. Maybe the one behind the strawberry is Joonki.. because the girl in that movie loves strawberry milk..lol!

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea, I think his focus shift in last few years, but it also might not be in way we imagine.  He's pretty creative and sometime hit two birds with one stone.  Take for instance how he use variety shows to achieve this.

 

Jang Hyuk: I would like to do a travel variety show with my friends as they are all busy and we can’t meet up regularly. This kind of variety show will allow us to meet up.

Yes!!! I hope his will do more variety show like Dragon club to reconnect with his friends. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw just wanted to get you guys thoughts of what Hyukie said in his latest fan meeting. I think there were some parts where it was abit hard for me to understand clearly but I guess the gist of it was that he feels that he’s been charging forward too much (always looking ahead only) and now he wants to take a step back and be more present with people and also reminisce the past more? He wants to make more effort in catching up with friends and investing in friendship gestures that he didn’t use to do in the past isit? 

Thank you so much - at least you could understand/read korean.

 

I'm glad he has decided to take a step back. If I'm reading what is written here in english, yes, me too feel that he's been charging forward too much. In the early days was because of money issues for he had many mouths to feed + what netizens/reporters always like to say (in chinese articles), earn money for milk powder :rolleyes: but now that he is financially very sound and stable, it is good for him to slow down. If not for anything else, at least for his health. Working non stop back to back is not good for his health. 

 

(Just for sharing & chit chat purpose - sorry a little long)

I'm looking at this not from he's an idol angle but from he's a man angle, a husband and a father angle + a son angle.

 

From a son angle, he has 2 aged parents who (I guess) are well into their 70s. How many 70s does a person have? If he doesn't slow down and spend the time with them now, when is he going to make time for his parents?

 

From a father angle, he has 2 to-be teenage sons. Ok, little princess is still a "baby" compared to the 2 boys. If he doesn't spend time with his boys now, it would be even harder once they hit the rebellious stage. Not saying all teenagers are like this but the "severity" also depends on how much bonding there is at home with the parents.

 

From a husband point of view, it isn't easy to have a "missing in action" husband for prolonged period of time. And JH knows that. He always said he felt apologetic towards his wife.

Love is 1 thing but reality is another. Relationship can be estranged due to prolonged absence. What we're seeing is the good, the handsome, the hot, the super actor JH. What his wife sees is the real JH who none of us will ever see or will ever know. It's good to slow down and catch up on spousal relationship (again).

 

From a friend angle, when you're out of the picture from your friends for a long time, you find that you missed out on the friendship. One can have many friends on instagram or on facebook or on whatever social media, but how many of those friends are your true friends who will be with you in good and bad times or how many of those friends whom you will be with them in good and bad times? 

 

I think his words "more present with people" and "reminisce the past more" does not only apply to friendship. Technically every aspect of his relationship with everyone starting from his family.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes!!! I hope his will do more variety show like Dragon club to reconnect with his friends. 

I like VS too. Seeing the real JH.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Thank you so much - at least you could understand/read korean.

Haha please don’t misunderstand! Those were my own words from interpreting what the blogger who went there wrote. I wanted to seek clarification and confirmation from you guys :sweatingbullets:

 

but i I agree with everything you said. His role as a father, husband and son is way more important than his role as an actor. 

 

That is why I am very curious about how he juggles his family life. Half of me feels abit sad knowing that he will reduce his acting time in the future, but i know it is inevitable and necessary as he grows old, as he is first and foremost all those roles above in his loved ones’ lives, before he is an actor to anyone else. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

but i I agree with everything you said. His role as a father, husband and son is way more important than his role as an actor. 

 

That is why I am very curious about how he juggles his family life. Half of me feels abit sad knowing that he will reduce his acting time in the future, but i know it is inevitable and necessary as he grows old, as he is first and foremost all those roles above in his loved ones’ lives, before he is an actor to anyone else. 

He won't quit acting. He's only giving us (fans) notice in advance that in the future, he will cut down screen time (I take it that your interpretation is correct).

He had been working very hard, apart from earning money, also so that he can leave to us (fans) as many projects as possible. Should there come a day when he eventually cuts down screen time, fans still have his many projects to reminisce his good old acting days.

Although he said he wants to work till 70s, but who will know what tomorrow will be?

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

This is very cute! I just can’t tell which is the little Hyukie behind the strawberry, I thought it was Chulmin but I think he is by his ear :P

You are right! The artist just replied, she said" Behind Dr. Lee Young-oh is Han Cheol-min and after strawberry is Kwon Oh-joon!"

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, budgerie said:

 

Frankly, apart from FTLY with Mi Young, all of his love story sucked. His relationship with Min Jae (BM), with Sun Joo (BPP), with So Yi (TWDR), with So Sa (Gaekju), with Jung Yeon (Midas). In MF, even Boo Cheon relationship with Mo Hyun sucked.

 

 

Nah, he has Yang Soon that doesn't suck. lol. 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha please don’t misunderstand! Those were my own words from interpreting what the blogger who went there wrote. I wanted to seek clarification and confirmation from you guys :sweatingbullets:

 

but i I agree with everything you said. His role as a father, husband and son is way more important than his role as an actor. 

 

That is why I am very curious about how he juggles his family life. Half of me feels abit sad knowing that he will reduce his acting time in the future, but i know it is inevitable and necessary as he grows old, as he is first and foremost all those roles above in his loved ones’ lives, before he is an actor to anyone else. 

Hmmm but the older his kids are, the less he needs to be “home” literally. They will be the first to want to be more with their friends. I think he was simply saying he will “focus” more on the present and reaching out and continue nurturing his relationships in life, I suppose he is referring to family and friends in general. But he has said many times he does not want to stop acting. He wants to act until his 70s. Nothing to worry about. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yoeda said:

Nah, he has Yang Soon that doesn't suck. lol. 

Exactly, the romance wasn’t with MJ in BM. The love story in SOGC was cute too (only the ending sucked). And I even appreciate his moments with GHJ in Thank You. Definitely love him and LDH in Robbers and Chuno. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yoeda said:

Nah, he has Yang Soon that doesn't suck. lol. 

Hahaha! How can I forget about YS?? But his hair in SSBG is horrible.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question- does anyone recognizes this picture? I don't understand what the post says- maybe it says something about the picture... I don't recognize from which picture these sections were taken. I do notice JH has long hair in it... 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Could they be part of the exclusive Japan fan meeting photos? 

I have no idea. I can't understand what is written... I think in the fan meeting he wore a tux and a white sweater, so I don't think it's from there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have no idea. I can't understand what is written... I think in the fan meeting he wore a tux and a white sweater, so I don't think it's from there...

Guess we can only find out when she posts more.

 

I love his speaking voice too. Like what you all mentioned, would love to see him use his voice in a drama. But maybe to him, it wouldn't be a challenge.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Could they be part of the exclusive Japan fan meeting photos? 

It looks like an old photo taken during the Rabbit and Lizard movie period. Not too sure though. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...