4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't why you'd think JH doesn't use products for his hair. This is a guy that treats his body like a tool for his profession, and as his friends joked in DC, he always wears makeup when he is doing a shoot, so why are hair products so unbelievable? Also, don't forget than in one of the recent fan meetings in Japan he spent like ten minutes talking about his hair, and, after I saw MC, I understand why. He's made manipulating his look for a role into an art... 

If he has to shoot, he'll do his hair + makeup. Not he own self do of course, his hairstylist + his makeup artiste do the job. On his own, his hair will look like in Urban Cop & Alaska fishing. I don't believe he will diligently put essence on his hair by himself...hahaha. Oh but his hair looked quite alright in DB although too short.

Exactly! His sense of humor is unique in that it is unexpected.

His sense of humor is truly unique. He sound so serious, don't know if is real or bluff.

Yes, the kind of "joke" for bluffing children. Like if you don't finish all the rice on your bowl, every rice left inside the bowl, will become a pimple on your face. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Looks like filming  has already started.

My goodness! This hairstyle?

2 hours ago, nyk said:

@46.10  jh was so mischievous. or should I say 'playboy' ? haha   

"Hi Beautiful!" and he looked at the topless lady like nothing. :lol::lol:

That's why he gotta wear his sunglass. Lol. Did you watch the whole 4 episodes? He's pretty hilarious and mischievious sometimes. And he's a clean man. He told the other 2 not to dirty the toilet when they use it. I always enjoy his variety prog.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Have a feeling he does have a stake in Sidus. "I check all other works, not just the works that come to me" does indicate something??

Poor Hyuk, feels that he should do more (now) before age catches up and his range narrows. His worries never ends. 1st he is worried if he'll get a next project. But I can understand his anxieties then as his children were small and he was restarting his career. 

Now that he's better off in terms of dollars and cents, he's worried that when he grows older, less range of work for him, but that's the sad truth in this industry. Just don't overwork ok...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Have a feeling he does have a stake in Sidus. "I check all other works, not just the works that come to me" does indicate something??

Poor Hyuk, feels that he should do more (now) before age catches up and his range narrows. His worries never ends. 1st he is worried if he'll get a next project. But I can understand his anxieties then as his children were small and he was restarting his career. 

Now that he's better off in terms of dollars and cents, he's worried that when he grows older, less range of work for him, but that's the sad truth in this industry. Just don't overwork ok...

I agree. From what JH describes it feels like he is actually in management is his agency. I wonder why doesn't he come right out and say it... Maybe it's not an official position, and he's doing it out of his own initiative? If so, he needs to make it official.

It feels that more than worried, JH seems to be a realist. He knows how the game is played, and he simply plays within those rules. I do hope that he will realize he potentially can garner enough influence to actually become a producer. I don't know how the Korean industry works, but this is something that is common in Hollywood, actors producing their own projects... I think he'd be better off doing that than managing and supporting other talents :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, budgerie said:

My goodness! This hairstyle?

That's why he gotta wear his sunglass. Lol. Did you watch the whole 4 episodes? He's pretty hilarious and mischievious sometimes. And he's a clean man. He told the other 2 not to dirty the toilet when they use it. I always enjoy his variety prog.

Nono this is Jin Seo Yeon, the other actress haha. I think she will act as the boss of JH and CSY. His hairstyle is still a mystery.... I hope he ties it up too. Or makes it wavy like those Japanese stars. 

I too wish he would do some variety program again. Truly miss seeing his cheeky and playful side. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

luckily his wife never watches him in everything like us otherwise he might get scolded from her. :lol:

I watched all 4 episodes but 1-3 without sub...  I can't read Chinese too so I don't understand anything.

I want to blame my fate for not liking someone who speaks my language.

but I enjoy watching him. He's very cute and mischievous haha  like ordering strawberry ice-cream and asked for the receipt to later claim expense from his company.  

30 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

At what minute did that happen? He looked really handsome during this trip

It's at minute 46.10 . it's almost at the end of the clip. Agree that he's super handsome. I guess during this trip his stylists must prepare clothes for him too since they all look very stylist unlike his usual looks. And his skin is very beautifully fair. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"I check all other works, not just the works that come to me" does indicate something??

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. From what JH describes it feels like he is actually in management is his agency. 

Not sure what he refers to "works" is the movie/drama scripts? If so it must be something confidential? but if he can access to it easily, he really looks like one of the management.

He even has his own room at the company right? (remember in DB ep.1 when his friends picked him up at Sidus) 

Someone said that since he's the senior actor so he gets his own room. but I don't think every senior actor/actress has their own office. He's sitting there like one of the directors in the company. haha 

“I am enjoying in the filming site. There are moments when I get irritated or I feel like I'm about to explode and angry, but......" 

I like this part. I get to know more human side of him. In my view, he's like a very positive person and never gets angry.  but I'm glad he feels irritated/angry some times at work like me too. haha  but I think even he gets angry inside but he's still calm and in control of emotions. Like not aggressive type which I admire him for that. (at least it's what I assume it's his personality on screen though) 

• Like 4

I agree. From what JH describes it feels like he is actually in management is his agency. I wonder why doesn't he come right out and say it... Maybe it's not an official position, and he's doing it out of his own initiative? If so, he needs to make it official.

I think he is really not the sort to say anything about his private matters except his acting work. If I guess correctly, maybe the building he owns, is not his own intention to tell the public. Being a private person that he is, why would he want to tell the public I own a building or I also own Sidus? Apart from his role, he will not say anything unless the reporters find it out.

It feels that more than worried, JH seems to be a realist. He knows how the game is played, and he simply plays within those rules. I do hope that he will realize he potentially can garner enough influence to actually become a producer. I don't know how the Korean industry works, but this is something that is common in Hollywood, actors producing their own projects... I think he'd be better off doing that than managing and supporting other talents :)

I think if one day he doesn't act any more which is unlikely, he can also be a director. He has lots of ideas that he could impart to the younger blood. But he said he wants to act till 70. So we'll still get to see halabeoji JH :lol:

50 minutes ago, nyk said:

luckily his wife never watches him in everything like us otherwise he might get scolded from her. :lol:

They've been together for 17 years. What has his wife not seen of him? :lol:She's seen worst (his true colour that is not shown to us). And no matter how nice a person can be (as how he is), there's still the true side of him unknown to us. 

50 minutes ago, nyk said:

but I enjoy watching him. He's very cute and mischievous haha  like ordering strawberry ice-cream and asked for the receipt to later claim expense from his company. 

I enjoyed watching him/them at the farm stay. He's very cute/mischievious. And he guessed it right that the dessert is made of chocolate and milk powder! His daughter was just born that time, he must be used to the smell of milk powder. :joy:

41 minutes ago, nyk said:

He even has his own room at the company right? (remember in DB ep.1 when his friends picked him up at the office) 

Someone said that since he's the senior actor so he gets his own room. but I don't think every senior actors/actresses has their own office. He's sitting there like one of the directors in the company. haha 

KJK picked up CTH, picked up HKM, HKI from their residence. Only JH is picked up from the office. That's how much he doesn't want the public to know his residential address/area.

I guess he has his own office cum resting area in the office for him to read scripts, practise whatever he needed to practice. It's true that home is hardly the environment for work matters. Home is all children matters, wife matter, domestic matters. Lol.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, nyk said:

I am enjoying in the filming site. There are moments when I get irritated or I feel like I'm about to explode and angry, but......" 

I like this part. I get to know more human side of him. In my view, he's like a very positive person and never gets angry.  but I'm glad he feels irritated/angry some times at work like me too. haha  but I think even he gets angry inside but he's still calm and in control of emotions. Like not aggressive type which I admire him for that. (at least it's what I assume it's his personality on screen though) 

It's very difficult for him and all other celebrities. If we're angry, we can vent our frustration, nobody will bother. But for him, when he is angry, he has to keep it contained. Show calmness. Even if he wants to be aggressive also cannot. The reporters will write about it.

Whenever he appears in public, he has to smile, bow politely, wave, do the thumb/index finger love sign. But no one knows that he could have had a bad day that day and is in no mood to do all the above but he got to because he's in public. So how much is real, how much is for show? Although I "love" JH and even idol worship him (as my kids put it), ultimately I do not know this man personally. What I see is what I see on screen. What I know is what I read in articles.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, nyk said:

“I am enjoying in the filming site. There are moments when I get irritated or I feel like I'm about to explode and angry, but......" 

That's the odd thing. We usually see him as mellow and easy going, but in the HWASIN interview he did with his friend I was surprised by how tightly wound he seemed. You can find the link on dramanice (ep 15). I knew he was intense, but he seemed almost controlling. His friend actually seemed genuinely worried JH would get mad at him. Some of it was for the sake of entertainment, but I do think some of it was genuine... So this quote from him is really telling. For him to say that he can get to a point in which he can explode is a surprise to me (but I'd really like to see that :). I wonder if he mentioned that on this interview because he had moments like that on the set of MC... But from what we know he never explodes on set. No matter what. So there is a possibility that off the set, he is capable of losing it.  

• Like 2

We usually see him as mellow and easy going, but in the HWASIN interview he did with his friend I was surprised by how tightly wound he seemed. You can find the link on dramanice (ep 15). I knew he was intense, but he seemed almost controlling.

Oh I'm watching this now! It's really good. It talks about all the rumors people say about JH and you can see how he responds to it. I think he has a cheeky sense of always trying to deny it but he is bad at telling lies hahaha. And his friend kept letting out his secrets LOL. But I think overall he still seemed quite ok and laughed quite abit. But definitely can sense that he does not enjoy it when people have untrue things they say about him and at times was quite serious (I mean, who does right?) and he tries his best to clarify so that there is no misunderstanding. But lots of new things I am learning about him here in this show!

• Like 2

I can't recall if I've watched it before. It's called Hwasin Interview?

The show is called HWASIN: CONTROLLER OF THE HEART. It was an odd show- I think their whole point was talking about rumors relating to their guests. The episode I'm talking about is episode 15. azureblue7 recently posted clips from another episode he appeared in, ep 25, but that episode I didn't find

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Oh I'm watching this now! It's really good. It talks about all the rumors people say about JH and you can see how he responds to it. I think he has a cheeky sense of always trying to deny it but he is bad at telling lies hahaha. And his friend kept letting out his secrets LOL. But I think overall he still seemed quite ok and laughed quite abit. But definitely can sense that he does not enjoy it when people have untrue things they say about him and at times was quite serious (I mean, who does right?) and he tries his best to clarify so that there is no misunderstanding. But lots of new things I am learning about him here in this show!

Right?! It's a great interview. The version that I found had english subs up the middle, so I missed what was said from that point on wards. If someone can summaries what was said in the parts without the translation, that would be great! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

He has shown a bit of a “short fuse” in Family Outing and Happy Together too, when he was teased, but then after getting a little mad, he kinda laughs it off, awwww. I think he is cute even when he gets mad (I guess I’m in love lolol) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Right?! It's a great interview. The version that I found had english subs up the middle, so I missed what was said from that point on wards. If someone can summaries what was said in the parts without the translation, that would be great! 

Haha sorry I can’t help, grasp of Korean language not good enough. I’m not sure too why it was only half subtitled but the good thing is that JH’s part was in front!

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

He has shown a bit of a “short fuse” in Family Outing and Happy Together too, when he was teased, but then after getting a little mad, he kinda laughs it off, awwww. I think he is cute even when he gets mad (I guess I’m in love lolol) 

which episode of family outing was this, do you recall? I’ve not seen him in family outing yet, I wanna catch up on it. The Happy Together episode with the gaekju cast I’ve seen, that was a very fun and hilarious episode even with the rest of the cast!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

which episode of family outing was this, do you recall? I’ve not seen him in family outing yet, I wanna catch up on it. The Happy Together episode with the gaekju cast I’ve seen, that was a very fun and hilarious episode even with the rest of the cast!

You should watch! lol. Especially the episode with him and DB fellow CTH and KJK. It's hilarious 

• Like 2