Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Don't think my focus on JH will be welcomed :)

@Biology LessonThank you. My sentiments too. Don't think my focus on JH will be welcomed as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's a rather sleepy forum. After the 3rd episode there were almost no comments which surprised me. Also- even when commenting about the 3rd and 4th episode, no one really commented about JH or his performance. Most of what I see are comments about the lead characters and the plot, and I can't really say i'm interested in that, so I don't comment there either. Don't think my focus on JH will be welcomed :)

 

I find it boring when they wrote long analysis of the friendship, love story between the 3 leads, so I generally dont bother to read those. I prefer to discuss about the history of YBW and his father over there.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, budgerie said:

@Biology LessonThank you. My sentiments too. Don't think my focus on JH will be welcomed as well. 

 

It is indeed not too nice to focus too much on a supporting character over there at the drama thread, they did not even tag JH's name in the thread title. But not to worry, we can gush all we want in the new OCN thread below once it starts haha

 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-call-it-like-you-see-it-본대로-말하라-jang-hyuk-sooyoung/

 

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

But not to worry, we can gush all we want in the new OCN thread below once it starts haha

 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-call-it-like-you-see-it-본대로-말하라-jang-hyuk-sooyoung/

 

Awesome! Thank you @Prettysup for the thread. Yes, we are all here for JH only. :thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kohnlee said:

and can I say I love this gif :)

Oh yes! I love this scene too, in particular how he emoted, his eyes, his slight smirk, his tone... it was so memorable. It was like he was saying “I hate you but being respectful to you won’t anger me because I can’t care less anyway, I have a bigger goal”. So condescending LBW is! :joy:

 

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

We are indeed hard to please. Too clean shaven...too much fringe...too long stubble....:sweat_smile: although he addressed her "mother" but in his heart probably calling her something else...that starts with a B

Exactly the thoughts in my mind! Haha we are debating on what hairstyle he should have. Poor Hyukie hahahahaha. If he knows what takes place in this forum he will have a good laugh LOL.

 

And yes on your last line hahaha. But he concealed his disdain so well, he did it sarcastically. 

 

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

I read a chinese (interview) article of him, where he was asked if he would continue to act in 儿童不宜 (not suitable for children) drama since he is a married man. His answer is although he is a father, but where work is concerned, actor supersuede  father (演员在父亲之上). He said that he will accept all sorts of roles so that he can try out different acting styles. To him, work is work, personal is personal (工作是工作,私事是私事).  

 

Having said that, but I believe that when it comes to intimate scenes, he will still be very careful. If you look carefully at his kiss scenes, it doesn't give you the uncomfortable feeling. Even in FTLY when many audience went "hoo gar gar" about his kiss with Mi Young at the Press Conference, I thought it was nicely done. Just comfortable. Some people commented that that kiss would get Hyuk divorced from his wife. What a horrible thing to say or to wish for. 

 

 

 

@budgerie do you remember where you read it? I would love to read it too. 

 

And yes, I felt that FTLY showed that he was professional. He didn’t hold back to the point it would affect the impact the scene had on viewers. He just did what he needed to do professionally, but was able to snap out of it easily in that there were no rumors at all between him and JNR. They both respected each other as colleagues and good friends and that was it. 

 

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think we should open a new forum named "JH's hair and  stubble" :joy:

Unlike most of you, I happen to like JH's longer hair- I think it gives him so much more options in terms of styling. I adored Dae gil's hair, and loved most of the photoshoots he did back then. But I guess I'm in a minority here... :)

Too hilarious! I’m sure the forum will be active and filled with wonderful pictures haha. It’s funny that we are debating about his hairstyle here without a single picture at all. Shows how seriously we take the topic. :P You’re not in the minority by the way, I love his long hair too, just not the Snape hairstyle in FTLY, and not IRIS2/Bad Papa/WoL. 

 

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

and I can't imagine JH is not being contacted right now to lead another show of this genre. I don't know if JH would accept- but he must be getting tons of offers right now! What he brought to that role- in looks, charisma and presence is so rare! It's mind boggling! So before he cuts his hair- I hope he gets a good script he can sink his teeth into, instead of a procedural in OCN...

My sentiments too... but I know we have zero control over what roles he gets offered or chooses - so let’s just enjoy whatever ride Hyukie takes us on... he knows what is best for himself and as long as he is happy, we will be happy for him! ^_^

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

 

I hope there are no LDW fans lurking here, but to be honest, I find him too pretty for my taste lol

But his acting is really good in that show..very creepy and yet pretty.:P

 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

 

It is indeed not too nice to focus too much on a supporting character over there at the drama thread, they did not even tag JH's name in the thread title. But not to worry, we can gush all we want in the new OCN thread below once it starts haha

 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-call-it-like-you-see-it-본대로-말하라-jang-hyuk-sooyoung/

 

I guess so too..that's why I only pop by once a while to My Country thread to check but I feel happier discussing about Yi Bang won here. And will gush more about him after Oct 26. 

 

25 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Exactly the thoughts in my mind! Haha we are debating on what hairstyle he should have. Poor Hyukie hahahahaha. If he knows what takes place in this forum he will have a good laugh LOL.

What to do..I think he has the most number of hairstyle changes I have ever seen in a Korean actor. Most of them usually stick to one or two hairstyles that look best on them. JH is game to have any hairstyle which suits whatever role he is playing or maybe just to downplay his good looks..haha!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

What to do..I think he has the most number of hairstyle changes I have ever seen in a Korean actor. Most of them usually stick to one or two hairstyles that look best on them. JH is game to have any hairstyle which suits whatever role he is playing or maybe just to downplay his good looks..haha!

But I really wonder what the directors think sometimes. Like why can’t he have Pil Joo’s hairstyle in Beautiful Mind! I suppose like you said, they really wanna downplay his good looks... otherwise he will seem unreal hahahahah

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Let me share a chinese article I read  (during filming of Real Men). He was interviewed about his love life. He said he wants to be the kind of person his wife can rely on ( 要成为可以让老婆依赖的人 ) he also said no matter what difficulties, he will never leave his wife (不论遇到什么样的困难,都不会弃下老婆). My translation may not be 100% correct. If anyone can translate more accurately, please help me. 

Sorry but I can’t see the article anywhere in your post! Do you mind sharing the link again? 

 

Yes I too think that he must be an AMAZING father and husband for the wife to be able to ignore all the comments and also be unfazed (I’m assuming) by all that is happening in the entertainment world in his life. I think it also helps that she doesn’t watch his shows haha. Probably only award shows. In that sense she only sees him as a normal individual, not as a superstar. 

 

Also, you know how when something is too good, you just trust fully and nothing will shake the trust? It feels like that. There is no reason for her to feel insecure because Hyukie is that wonderful of a husband and father to them. (Again, just my speculation hahaha)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

But I really wonder what the directors think sometimes. Like why can’t he have Pil Joo’s hairstyle in Beautiful Mind! I suppose like you said, they really wanna downplay his good looks... otherwise he will seem unreal hahahahah

Haha! I think I might not be able to focus on his acting.. because I will most probably pause the show a few times to admire his looks.. :joy:

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

If he knows what takes place in this forum he will have a good laugh LOL.

 

do you remember where you read it? I would love to read it too. 

If he knows what takes place in this forum, he might be thinking his fans here not only judge his performance but also his hair and his moustache and his stubble and beard and like his veins, like his sleeve, like his arm...:sweat_smile: @The Reel LifeYou can read the articles at 中国报 (heading : 张赫不怕接演儿童不宜戏) and 娱乐每日头条 (heading : 张赫老婆是谁,两人感情不浅). 

  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes I too think that he must be an AMAZING father and husband for the wife to be able to ignore all the comments and also be unfazed (I’m assuming) by all that is happening in the entertainment world in his life. I think it also helps that she doesn’t watch his shows haha. Probably only award shows. In that sense she only sees him as a normal individual, not as a superstar. 

 

Also, you know how when something is too good, you just trust fully and nothing will shake the trust? It feels like that. There is no reason for her to feel insecure because Hyukie is that wonderful of a husband and father to them. (Again, just my speculation hahaha)

Frankly, but this is just my opinion, I don't think his wife totally doesn't watch his show. In today era, you can catch a quick glimpse just from the handphone. Perhaps he said that so that people don't ask him (more) question about how his wife feel if he is kissing someone. I think maybe she watch selectively. If my memory didn't fail me, in an interview with Daegil, I saw this in youku, he said his family asked him to bring home the script for the last episode. They are curious to know the ending. Family at that time would only be his parents and wife since sons are too young to watch Daegil except maybe seeing papa riding on a horse. And he wore pampers to ride a horse. Won't his sons pampers be too small???????  

 

Perhaps many will feel his wife will get jealous about his kiss/intimate scenes. Here is what he said during Midas filming. 

In a chinese article, he said his wife is very supportive of his work because she was a former dancer and she knows what it is to be an actor. All in a day's work. And because she is very "open minded" about his kiss or intimate scenes, he is very thankful to his wife. @The Reel Lifeyou can read this article at 朝星网专访, 张赫访谈实录, 老婆不介意自己拍吻戏. She knows best what her husband is and I believe their love is strong or it would not have lasted this long. 

 

@The Reel LifeHow authentic are the articles, I have no idea. These are articles that I have read and I believe his words as written. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Perhaps many will feel his wife will get jealous about his kiss/intimate scenes. Here is what he said during Midas filming. 

In a chinese article, he said his wife is very supportive of his work because she was a former dancer and she knows what it is to be an actor. All in a day's work. And because she is very "open minded" about his kiss or intimate scenes, he is very thankful to his wife. @The Reel Lifeyou can read this article at 朝星网专访, 张赫访谈实录, 老婆不介意自己拍吻戏. She knows best what her husband is and I believe their love is strong or it would not have lasted this long. 

This is good to know. They are such a strong and mature couple. Made for each other! 

 

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@The Reel LifeHow authentic are the articles, I have no idea. These are articles that I have read and I believe his words as written. 

Thank you @budgerie for listing all the articles! I shall try to find and read them :)

 

By the way since not many of us are commenting in the My Country Soompi forum, I suppose it’s ok for us to discuss his performance here? Hehe. Or will it be considered spoilers? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

By the way since not many of us are commenting in the My Country Soompi forum, I suppose it’s ok for us to discuss his performance here? Hehe. Or will it be considered spoilers? 

I didn't dare discuss there since I will only be focusing on JH as YBW and his relationship with his father (or anyone). But JH will be my main focus so I don't think that thread will welcome people like me who is talking so much about the supporting instead of the leads. :tears:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

 

By the way since not many of us are commenting in the My Country Soompi forum, I suppose it’s ok for us to discuss his performance here? Hehe. Or will it be considered spoilers? 

 

It wont be considered spoilers as long as you discuss plots after they have been aired, but I think most ppl here are gushing about his looks rather than the storyline hahaha..

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

It wont be considered spoilers as long as you discuss plots after they have been aired, but I think most ppl here are gushing about his looks rather than the storyline hahaha..

oh dear you're right! I'm getting distracted by his good looks again.. :joy: 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Perhaps many will feel his wife will get jealous about his kiss/intimate scenes. Here is what he said during Midas filming. 

In a chinese article, he said his wife is very supportive of his work because she was a former dancer and she knows what it is to be an actor. All in a day's work. And because she is very "open minded" about his kiss or intimate scenes, he is very thankful to his wife. @The Reel Lifeyou can read this article at 朝星网专访, 张赫访谈实录, 老婆不介意自己拍吻戏. She knows best what her husband is and I believe their love is strong or it would not have lasted this long. 

 

I think it was in an interview for Tazza, that was held very close to his wedding so he had problems calling his wife "my wife" :) I think he called her "the woman that is in my house":joy:. In that interview he was asked about his wife being jealous, and he said the her being a dancer she's actually completely understanding of it and that she is actually pushing him to be more open in those scenes.

No one really knows what happens in anyone else's marriage. Hell, most people don't even know what happens in their own marriage! What we do know is what JH was willing to reveal: that he loves and respects his wife, that they long since decided on her and his children staying out of the limelight- which I think is very smart decision, seeing the nasty comments directed at the wives of Hugh Jackman, Pierce Brosnan, Adam Driver and so. Very smart. 

He also said that they don't joke that much with each other, that they don't get to speak about themselves that much being busy with life and children and that he often feels guilty for not being there for her to help with the children. Also, remember he was filming Chuno while she gave birth to their second son...

And finally, what we know for sure from the Dragon Club- he doesn't cook in his house or cleans :). he probably hardly goes into the kitchen considering his cooking skills. My guess, every now and again he tells his wife "I'm free today so I'll cook"- and goes ahead to make hotdogs :no_mouth:, which his kids probably love :D it's just recycling for him!

What is for sure is that his family is very important to him and he is trying to have what he said he fantasized about- a normal regular family.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

I find it boring when they wrote long analysis of the friendship, love story between the 3 leads, so I generally dont bother to read those. I prefer to discuss about the history of YBW and his father over there.

I thought it was just me :) I was completely skipping those discussions, and it's the majority of the discussions there... But from what I did read- it seems that the show doesn't clearly explain whats happening. People seem to be completely confused about very basic things in the show, like why Hwi's father killed himself. I think the strange jump in the plot that led to the fight scene in the forest is not rare in the show... 

Maybe it will be OK to discuss YBW and JH if we remain specific to his performance, even if he is a supporting character... The thing is, seeing how the number of people posting there is not that big, If we start posting there, I think we'll hijack the discussion :) did anyone here even watch the two first episodes?! I didn't... :sweatingbullets: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

I hope there are no LDW fans lurking here, but to be honest, I find him too pretty for my taste lol

You guys find him pretty?! I guess it's a matter of taste :) I saw him in two things- "Goblin" which I had to stop watching  because I thought the plot was stupid and embarrassing to the actors. I also saw him in The return of superman, and I thought he was a complete cutie-pie there, though I guess some of it is staged, but I didn't think he's pretty... is his new show any good?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

f we start posting there, I think we'll hijack the discussion :) did anyone here even watch the two first episodes?! I didn't... :sweatingbullets: 

Yes..I also don't feel good posting there since I didn't exactly finish the 1st 4 eps. Just parts of the eps but I read the dramabeans recap though. 

 

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

You guys find him pretty?! I guess it's a matter of taste :) I saw him in two things- "Goblin" which I had to stop watching  because I thought the plot was stupid and embarrassing to the actors. I also saw him in The return of superman, and I thought he was a complete cutie-pie there, though I guess some of it is staged, but I didn't think he's pretty... is his new show any good?

I don't find him pretty but some people do. Guess it has got to do with his fair skin and red lips. I like OCN thrillers like signal, tunnel and voice. So I enjoyed Strangers from Hell. The entire cast acted superbly well! If you like this type of genre, I think you shouldn't miss it.It is one of the only non JH dramas I don't fast forward or drop halfway. (Others include Trap, Sky castle, light in your eyes and beautiful world)

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...