3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's the link to the chinese sub

@azureblue7Please accept my big bear hug! Thank you! :thumbsup:The dry noodles he cooked looked like very delicious :yum:Can't stop laughing when KSR told the elder man that JH needs to go home to do recycling. And JH showing his postures when carrying rubbish to the elevator. So cute! 

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@budgerie Our favourite arms.. haha

Yes and you know what is missing for me? A rolled up sleeve! I am just so "obsessed" with his sleeve/arm. :sweat_smile:Lol. This was filmed during Thank You. You remember there is a scene in Thank You, episode 7, where he did intubation for the ahjumma. He walked in to the clinic and rolled up his sleeve. :blush:

• Love 1

3 hours ago, nyk said:

I like the veins in his arms too :wub:

I kinda wondered if in the running scene in FTLY, Lee Gun was wearing that yellow jacket to hide those prominent veins, even though in the BTS pictures we saw it made him sweat a lot.  Maybe they thought those would be the veins of an action character?! :)

• LOL 2

22 hours ago, budgerie said:

If there is too much sex, definitely some audience might complain that it is a bad influence. So usually all we get to see is "kiss" "undress" "lie on the bed" and the rest is up to your imagination. :blush:

I'm not talking about too much sex, but just normal behavior that is absent in kdramas whenever the focus is not on the relationship - like the strangely asexual relationship between Lee Gun and Se ra. I mean, in the way Se Ra would grab his neck you'd think she was his older sister! Or in BM- the most that we see Lee Young and Kim Min-jae do is kiss on the cheek, even though they had a long term relationship. There are more examples in the mostly asexual relationships in Tree with Deep Roots, in Midas (how odd was it to see the same actress in "Penthouse elephant?!), in Tazza.

Also, don't forget our celibate characters :) - Pil Joo, a man in his forties (!) never had a girlfriend for all we know (except for that odd scene with Jung Mal-Ran, that we hope didn't mean what we think it may mean. ick!). We know for sure he didn't have one in the three years Na Mo-hyun and Jang Boo-Cheon were gone. Also, Dae gill, again, looking at the way he behaved, never got involved with another woman since Hye-Won, meaning this guy never had sex!  

I think the most normal relationships that I saw in JH's Kdramas are with Mi young in FTLY and Gye Jin-Sung, in BM.

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, nyk said:

I like the veins in his arms too :wub:

We sure have weird places to like :blush:. Lol...

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm not talking about too much sex, but just normal behavior that is absent in kdramas whenever the focus is not on the relationship - like the strangely asexual relationship between Lee Gun and Se ra. I mean, in the way Se Ra would grab his neck you'd think she was his older sister! Or in BM- the most that we see Lee Young and Kim Min-jae do is kiss on the cheek, even though they had a long term relationship. There are more examples in the mostly asexual relationships in Tree with Deep Roots, in Midas (how odd was it to see the same actress in "Penthouse elephant?!), in Tazza.

Oh, I know what you mean now. Yes, I very much agree about the asexual part.

• LOL 1

Comparing the pics that @nykposted, in 4 years, from Li Gun to Ji Cheol, his face has changed quite a bit. I find him so much more appealing as he aged. If it isn't because of the haircut in Bad Papa, he would look very handsome too. 

17 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also, don't forget our celibate characters :) - Pil Joo, a man in his forties (!) never had a girlfriend for all we know 

Yes I hated it that Pil Joo is without a woman. But there was no other woman in the drama for him to have a love line. 

This really got me confused. When Pil Joo was a 7-8 year old boy, Jung Mal Ran was already an adult adult. So when Pil Joo became the adult Pil Joo, how old should Jung Mal Ran be? I never got this math correct. :sweat_smile:and I just cannot imagine if they had slept together which I hope not and think not too. But when Pil Joo was strangling her and asking her to beg him, he said "I know all about you from top to toe" that is even more yucks! Lol...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

56 minutes ago, budgerie said:

This really got me confused. When Pil Joo was a 7-8 year old boy, Jung Mal Ran was already an adult adult. So when Pil Joo became the adult Pil Joo, how old should Jung Mal Ran be? I never got this math correct. :sweat_smile:and I just cannot imagine if they had slept together which I hope not and think not too. But when Pil Joo was strangling her and asking her to beg him, he said "I know all about you from top to toe" that is even more yucks! Lol...

If he was 7-8, she could have been in her 20s. So lets say- early twenties? In the show Pil Joo was supposed to be around 40, right? I think I saw 38 written somewhere.... So she would be in her mid 50s. but more than her age, the mere thought of Pil Joo sleeping with the woman that ordered the death of his family is just horrifying! But I don't think they did- I think the way she reacted to him before he revealed who he really was, suggests she never slept with him. She wanted to, but didn't :)  I think he said that he knows her, because he has been taking care of her for so long and she used to confide in him, so he know everything about her. 

• Insightful 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

According to the official web of the drama, Pil Joo was 37 years old and JMR was 59 years old.

So when PJ was 7-8 yo, JMR was 29 yo. 

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/moneyflower/cast/cast01.html

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/moneyflower/cast/cast04.html

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

find him so much more appealing as he aged. If it isn't because of the haircut in Bad Papa, he would look very handsome too. 

20 hours ago

Yes..he is very handsome despite the haircut. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cKn_OppQ2/?igshid=1jhk1fd0a5ced

• LOL 1

20 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also, don't forget our celibate characters :) - Pil Joo, a man in his forties (!) never had a girlfriend for all we know (except for that odd scene with Jung Mal-Ran, that we hope didn't mean what we think it may mean. ick!). We know for sure he didn't have one in the three years Na Mo-hyun and Jang Boo-Cheon were gone.

And the most Pil Joo had was the kiss that NMH gave him, which he didn't even reciprocate. Nonetheless, unlike how you all feel, I can accept the thinking of Pil Joo and JMR having a sexual relationship. 20 years of age difference with a woman who exudes sexuality - yes it is imaginable. Let's put it this way, do you want a Pil Joo that is celibate most of his life, or a Pil Joo who at least get to be a 'man' albeit with an enemy? In a way, sleeping with her can be part of the revenge...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this screen cap of Lee Bang Won!

I noticed apart from the "cut" there is a thinly razored part on the eyebrow as well... so interesting and oddly attractive!  Wonder if it is part of his character and the plot...

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Guys, I saw this clip was posted on twitter- do any of you know what OJO is saying about JH? I'm guessing something about Chuno and JH's workout regimen

I can try to answer, but it probably is limited in accuracy haha... I read this article yesterday on Naver (translated as usual), and I think Oh Ji Ho said that when they were filming Chuno.. instead of reading the script, most of them were working out :lol: He worked out with 10kg weights, while JH did 60kg weights.... something like that. Hope that helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

, I saw this clip was posted on twitter- do any of you know what OJO is saying about JH? I'm guessing something about Chuno and JH's workout regimen :) Also, weren't two of the guys in this clip in

Here's the subs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this screen cap of Lee Bang Won!

I think for period drama, I like him in untidy hairstyle. The one half tied up, and half let down. He looked gorgeous looking untidy and dirty :yum:

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:
Yes..he is very handsome despite the haircut.

I noticed that about (most) korean men. You compare Jang Hyuk in Thank You (he was 32 in korean age) and compare him in 2018, he now has that aura & distinct features that wasn't so prominent when he was younger. 

10 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

And the most Pil Joo had was the kiss that NMH gave him, which he didn't even reciprocate. 

But his hand that held hers after the kiss spoke volume. But I did find the plot too straight forward. It would be more entertaining if he had pulled her back for a good kiss. It would add more spice to the drama and to his revenge. 

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I noticed apart from the "cut" there is a thinly razored part on the eyebrow as well... so interesting and oddly attractive!  

Actually at certain angle, I noticed there is a scar at his red eyebrow also. Only sometimes can be seen. 

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

while JH did 60kg weights..

That explains the veins....wow, that's an adult human weight. Although I have no issue with his height, but I ever saw people comment on his height that he is short. 1.74-1.75 is not short. Just that these days people grow taller I guess. 

Anyway, I have not watched My Country. I am very biased. Without him I will just fast forward and this is annoying. 

• Like 2