4 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Too good looking to stop acting, in my humble opinion. Beside, the industry needs an experienced, skillful, good looking, versatile, professional actor like JH. It will be everyone's loss otherwise.

More than that- Too good an actor to stop acting! :) and as you said- when he joins a production, he doesn't just act, he brings his own insights and ideas into a role. We all know what he did on chuno's set- He single handedly dragged a show that would have been mediocre at best, to being extraordinary! JH is no ordinary actor... no wonder we admire him so much!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But wasn't the show shot while it was being broadcasted? How could they bring him in to redo earlier scenes? 

Even live filmed dramas only start airing after shooting 5-6 episodes. I think first 2 episodes of JH's part were re-shot. They also changed his look (that sunken mouse hair :sweatingbullets:).

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But wasn't the show shot while it was being broadcasted?

I remembered in the earlier release of the WOL teaser and pics before its first broadcast, his hairstyle and outfit were different (Fringe combed up) from what we saw later in the eps. Anyway, like what you said, the way they sidelined DCS later made me dislike the show but I still continued as I find DCS really very cute. Haha!

5 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

She was 11 years older in reality. But still it's less funny than the actress who played JH's mom in SOGC (she is only a 6-7 years older than him).

Oh really? That's really funny! Just like the actress who played the female lead's nanny in SOGC is actually JH's age..:lol:

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Too good an actor to stop acting! :) and as you said- when he joins a production, he doesn't just act, he brings his own insights and ideas into a role

Yes!!! Like in FTLY, BM and Money Flower, I doubt any other actors would have left such an impact if they were to take on his role..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

For K drama, I only watch Jang Hyuk and Ji Jin Hee. Other actors don't really catch my attention (and I don't know why). So yes true, I shouldn't be so critical of the young casts - see how their acting first. 

I'm like you in that. Jang Hyuk is the only actor that I consistently enjoy his shows and films in K dramas. There were random kdramas that I did enjoy like Black, Terius, I'm not a Robot and Oh My Ghost, but when I try to watch another show of the same leads, it usually can't keep my attention and I stop in the middle.

I did try to watch a show with Woo Do-Hwan, but here also I stopped in the middle...

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I remembered in the earlier release of the WOL teaser and pics before its first broadcast, his hairstyle and outfit were different (Fringe combed up) from what we saw later in the eps. Anyway, like what you said, the way they sidelined DCS later made me dislike the show but I still continued as I find DCS really very cute. Haha!

What is it with JH and that combed down hair style?! Why does he love it so much?! I don't get it! I actually think that part of the reason BM had low ratings was that damn hair cut! For sure he knows that he looks better with his fringe combed up as when he goes to award shows he always has it combed up- so what's the deal? Is he trying intentional to look worse? Does he think it makes him look like an ordinary man? :) He did say that his face prevented him from getting various roles...

• LOL 3

52 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

But it doesn't mean what I don't like is necessarily 'bad'. 

Oh yes, it is totally just my personal preference and not that the younger casts or any casts are bad. :expressionless:

43 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Just like the actress who played the female lead's nanny in SOGC is actually JH's age..:lol:

Really? Than credit should go to the makeup artiste. She did a good job to make her look older than JH age. :D

50 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH is no ordinary actor... no wonder we admire him so much!

It also doesn't hurt that he has good looks, an athlete's body, knows martial arts, has a great personality and a warm family. :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

when I first heard Lee Mi-Sook will also be in WOL, I kinda hoped she would be his love interest, considering the incredible (if creepy :) ) chemistry they had in Money Flower. But, as it turned out WOL was a complete waste of time! Next time, JH should at least know who his character is before he takes on a role... and stop taking supporting roles! 

Is it only me but I feel even Lee Mi Suk didn't perform as well in WOL as compared to MF. Is it the directing or the story? IDK. Given her and Jang Hyuk performance in MF, WOL was a total disappointment. MF was just levels higher. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

There were random kdramas that I did enjoy like Black, Terius, I'm not a Robot and Oh My Ghost, but when I try to watch another show of the same leads, it usually can't keep my attention and I stop in the middle.

I did try to watch a show with Woo Do-Hwan, but here also I stopped in the middle...

Same here too! He's the only actor whose dramas I will always watch no matter what. Otherwise I will usually go for the storyline for my selection of dramas. 

12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

What is it with JH and that combed down hair style?! Why does he love it so much?! I don't get it!

:lol:Maybe the writer or PD was the one who suggested it? He looks too handsome with his hair combed up..can distract people from his role..:D When I first watch BM, I didn't even realise that he was very handsome because of his hairstyle..lol! I was simply so amazed by his acting in the drama that I had to watch his other dramas. Only when I saw his other pics than I realised that he is actually very good looking. So maybe that is his way to downplay his looks?:joy:

• LOL 2

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

part of the reason BM had low ratings was that damn hair cut! 

I am laughing so much now @Biology LessonI can still accept his hair in BM. I hated his hair in Urban Cops and Bad Papa and Iris. Ok I can accept it that a boxer needs to have short hair but the hair in Iris!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I think many fans don't like when he has short hair but I have no problem with his hair in Bad Papa or even IRIS2. 

I prefer his hair in Bad Papa. It's natural and not much styling. similar to his hair in Dragon Club show.

I notice not many actors dare to get hair cut as short as him. haha

JH should know that some of his fans lose interest for the other casts and the story when he plays as a supporting role.

and I am one of them :sweatingbullets: I want to fully watch the drama without doing fast-forward but it has to happen again too after WOL. Sigh... 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Last but not least, I hope that all those who sent the rice wreaths to the press conference do not feel like their efforts were wasted! Although our JH wasn't there, I'm sure he would have seen it on social media or someone would have sent it to him, and being the grateful and wonderful person he is, he would deeply appreciate everyone's support even if he doesn't verbalize it :) 

On the contrary, i'm sure those who sent the rice wreaths felt their efforts have paid off, cos those rice wreaths have definitely made an impression for someone who didn't attend the press-con.

9 hours ago, budgerie said:

So to him, it is not whether being a lead role or not that is important but whether or not he liked that character. And we know for sure lead or supporting, he puts his 100% into it. 

The problem is that he's so good even in supporting roles that I ended up wishing his role is the main lead, aww....

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, nyk said:

JH should know that some of his fans lose interest for the other casts and the story when he plays as a supporting role.

and I am one of them :sweatingbullets: I want to fully watch the drama without doing fast-forward but it has to happen again too after WOL. Sigh... 

16 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

The problem is that he's so good even in supporting roles that I ended up wishing his role is the main lead, aww....

Yes!! I agree with both of you! I definitely support him in his decision to be a supporting role if the character is one which interests him but I find it agonising at times having to wait for him to appear for a few minutes in each ep..  And to make things worse, when he appears, he dazzles us with his brilliance..:joy: Making us wish he wasn't the supporting role.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes!! I agree with both of you! I definitely support him in his decision to be a supporting role if the character is one which interests him but I find it agonising at times having to wait for him to appear for a few minutes in each ep..  And to make things worse, when he appears, he dazzles us with his brilliance..:joy: Making us wish he wasn't the supporting role.

And... making us crave for a lead role next, ASAP hahaha. 

I do just want him acting like a normal guy for once. Like a slow brewing melo, that just allows him to show a side that is closest to his own personality. Something relaxed, warm and yet pensive. Haha. Just like the “story/script” he talked about in a talk show many years ago, about a simple ordinary love of 2 individuals. Wonder if that day will ever come!

36 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

On the contrary, i'm sure those who sent the rice wreaths felt their efforts have paid off, cos those rice wreaths have definitely made an impression for someone who didn't attend the press-con.

That’s wonderful to know! I somehow was just a bit worried that some may have felt disappointed that they sent the rice but he didn’t attend, but it’s wonderful to know that JH’s fans are so mature and supportive. :blush: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He only appeared at the start. Well, better than we thought.. we should be happy I guess..haha.

This is going to be torture! but he does so much with the short time he has. So intense and powerful! 

So, did anyone actually see the entire episode? Any thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is going to be torture! but he does so much with the short time he has. So intense and powerful! 

I'm not really a fan of sagueks, but I thought it was okay. Too long though. One thing I hate about cable dramas is the extra long episodes. It looked great which is not a surprise given the PD's previous works. The three leads didn't really excite me but they were fine. I'm glad Yang Se Jong's character is the one on Yi Bang Won's side because I like that actor the best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I do just want him acting like a normal guy for once. Like a slow brewing melo, that just allows him to show a side that is closest to his own personality. Something relaxed, warm and yet pensive. Haha. Just like the “story/script” he talked about in a talk show many years ago, about a simple ordinary love of 2 individuals. Wonder if that day will ever come!

It would be nice if the script he talked about is about his love story with wife. Simple ordinary but strong love between 2 individuals. Since we never will get to know his wife, playing out their love story would be a nice way of letting us in to some of the tender side of them. 

I am contradicting myself actually. I want him to act a role which has all the screen time. On the otherhand, I also want him to enjoy the joys of being with his wife and children at home. If he has all the screen time means he is busy filming. So, he won't be enjoying the joys of home. (Can he act a drama which has all the screen time and after that take a 3 months hol to be with wife and children and act another drama with all the screen time and take another 3 months hol)....this would be ideal for me. Lol. 

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Look at the fierce look! This YBW means business! It is scary when he gives you that look. Ready to draw the sword type of look. But looks like his right eye also got a scar...

• Like 1