23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

will admit to not paying attention at all to the rest of the cast, but in these clips from the special episode I did finally watch them, and I'm really not impressed

When i first watched the special clips, I also feel like their acting has more room for improvement. I just hope they don't dwell too much on the love triangle. I guess the leads are still new and I think JH has upped the bar for everyone. I really hope the 2 leads get a chance to act with JH, the actor they look up to and be able to learn from him. All his solo scenes are so amazing, his screen presence and aura... :wub:  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Obviously, JH, being more experienced, doesn't seem to be affected by this- looks like he's directing himself... Maybe that explains why it felt from the PD's words like he didn't actually speak to JH.

This reminds me of WOL .... he was left to interpret DCS the way he wants..

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Still hoping that Noh Hee Kyung would cast Hyukie in one of her dramas. :( I really like her writing (not all, but most of them).

Noh Hee Kyung only casts same set of actors in her every drama. She is like movie directors. B)

I want to have a reunion with writer of Beautiful Mind. But I don't know whether they want to have it or not. Lols

• LOL 1

55 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm really not impressed. I don't know the lead, but here he seem incredibly bland

Me not impressed too. Bland and don't have the "oomph" (vigour and energy) feeling of a fighter. 

47 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I too wish that JH would take up a pure romance melo.

I hope to see him in a bad guy role. One that would make us forget that he is Jang Hyuk and we "hate" his character. It would be a big challenge (for fans) as no matter how villain his character is, we will still end up loving that character. :D 

33 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Guess this might be one of the reason why he accepted the role. He can explore the character the way he wants it. BTW, when is this drama airing? 

59 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I will admit to not paying attention at all to the rest of the cast, but in these clips from the special episode I did finally watch them, and I'm really not impressed. I don't know the lead, but here he seem incredibly bland and lacking in intensity.

I've seen both of lead actors earlier and they were good. They are still young and inexperienced in Saeguk(which requires different acting style) but I don't think it's right to judge them just from the previews. Let's watch the drama and then decide besides I personally don't see anything wrong with their acting in the preview. Different actors have different way of expressing themselves so as long as they are convincing it's not fair to compare them to each-other.

My personal favourite in the whole drama is Jung Young Nam. I wish she could have a love line with JH.:wub:

And it's quiet funny that Park Ye Jin is JH's step-mommy on the screen but she is younger than him in real life.:lol:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Noh Hee Kyung only casts same set of actors in her every drama. She is like movie directors. B)

I want to have a reunion with writer of Beautiful Mind. But I don't know whether they want to have it or not. Lols

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

He was? I didn't know that. But it did feel like he was essentially let loose :)  I know that most people like his performance in WOK, even if they didn't like the show itself, but I actually thought he needed to be reigned in a bit. The whole drunk scene of his character yelling "Maaaaan!" all the time was a bit... too much. 

I think every actor needs direction, another eye that is critical of the performance is always good. Even his own eye can be used, but one needs the position of a director. In "My country" he seems to slaying in his role... I wonder if this is one stage before JH will start directing shows himself. I read that the actress from Voice said that JH would do acting session with her, and that it felt to her like he was a second director. I don't want him to stop acting, so I would love to see him take a position of a director in his own show, even in one episode, like many actors do in in American shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Noh Hee Kyung is the writer that is famous for melodramas, right? 

I too wish that JH would take up a pure romance melo. He would shine!! I remember him saying on Guerilla date hat he is born to do Melos.... but he doesn’t often get melo scripts :anguished:

Yeah famous for Dear My Friends, Live, It's Okay that's Love, and many more. Romance Melo is a big yes for me. 

54 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Like how she casted Lee Kwang Soo thrice in her dramas. LOL. BM is still my favorite Hyukie drama I guess. The character development was so awesome. I hope My Country won't waste his talent and make him shine as LBW. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't want him to stop acting

Too good looking to stop acting, in my humble opinion. Beside, the industry needs an experienced, skillful, good looking, versatile, professional actor like JH. It will be everyone's loss otherwise.

Reading all the comments here made me admire him even more. Clearly he is a great actor who enjoys experimenting roles, portraying in depth emotions, and really showcases true professionalism. I like the fact that he takes on roles where he finds interesting and gives him room to experiment. He is not merely seeking fame and status. This is a good attribute.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

a so I would love to see him take a position of a director in his own show, even in one episode, like many actors do in in American shows.

But the directors have no life.:sweatingbullets: I mean it's extremely difficult job. Actors act their part and go home but poor directors get no break because they have to control pretty much every aspect of the drama. I guess that's why many of them turn eccentric at some point of their lives.:lol:

Instead I wish JH finally completes the script that he has been writing for 22 years.:D

24 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Like how she casted Lee Kwang Soo thrice in her dramas. LOL. BM is still my favorite Hyukie drama I guess. The character development was so awesome. I hope My Country won't waste his talent and make him shine as LBW. 

It seems Jo In Sung appears in every Noh Hee Kyung drama.:lol:

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Guess this might be one of the reason why he accepted the role. He can explore the character the way he wants it. BTW, when is this drama airing? 

Tonight! But I'm prepared that he might not appear yet. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Let's watch the drama and then decide besides I personally don't see anything wrong with their acting in the preview. Different actors have different way of expressing themselves so as long as they are convincing it's not fair to compare them to each-other.

My personal favourite in the whole drama is Jung Young Nam. I wish she could have a love line with JH.:wub:

And it's quiet funny that Park Ye Jin is JH's step-mommy on the screen but she is younger than him in real life.:lol:

I agree. I guess it might be their style of acting that I am not used to. Maybe I need to understand their character development more.

Maybe Yi Bang Won's stepmom is really younger than him (in history)and that made him loathe her more?

47 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Too good looking to stop acting, in my humble opinion. Beside, the industry needs an experienced, skillful, good looking, versatile, professional actor like JH. It will be everyone's loss otherwise.

I second that!! Too handsome and skilful to stop  .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

He was? I didn't know that. But it did feel like he was essentially let loose :)

Maybe not fully as he was asked to redo the earlier scenes but I feel that the writer didn't really know what she wanted in the role.

• Like 2

Tonight! But I'm prepared that he might not appear yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks @azureblue7not sure if I want to watch it live as I would get frustrated waiting for him to appear B) 

I agree. I guess it might be their style of acting that I am not used to. Maybe I need to understand their character development more.

For K drama, I only watch Jang Hyuk and Ji Jin Hee. Other actors don't really catch my attention (and I don't know why). So yes true, I shouldn't be so critical of the young casts - see how their acting first. 

Maybe Yi Bang Won's stepmom is really younger than him (in history)and that made him loathe her more?

I second that!! Too handsome and skilful to stop  .

Hey it could be true. How kings can have many wives and I am not surprised if (they) are younger than YBW and a scheming one too. 

• Like 2

Maybe not fully as he was asked to redo the earlier scenes but I feel that the writer didn't really know what she wanted in the role.

I so agree with this. I was hoping Chil Sung and Ji Kyung (the vet) will have a love line since they met 4x and she said "if they meet the 5th time...." but they didn't meet :crazy:

• Like 2

Guys, do be prepared JH may not be appearing in tonight's premiere, or even tomorrow's episode eh, you have been warned lol...

Meanwhile, here is a nice pic.

72268619_1750047148462610_19297578228918

And snippets of his interview section during the special broadcast yesterday plus some teasers 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I know about this upcoming one but no idea about this title and when will it come, and now I know :) 

There has been several versions of the title - Call It Like You See It,  Say What You Saw, Say It As You See It etc... No official English title yet, all literal translation of the Korean title. More info here :

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-call-it-like-you-see-it-본대로-말하라-jang-hyuk-sooyoung/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Thanks @azureblue7not sure if I want to watch it live as I would get frustrated waiting for him to appear 

Haha! Me too! :lol:

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

so agree with this. I was hoping Chil Sung and Ji Kyung (the vet) will have a love line since they met 4x and she said "if they meet the 5th time...." but they didn't meet :crazy:

That was what many viewers were puzzled and angry about too. She brought in the vet and just left it like that

I love this fan made poster! 

cr. owner 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

But wasn't the show shot while it was being broadcasted? How could they bring him in to redo earlier scenes? I guess if he was brought in to redo something maybe it was because he managed to inject so more into the character as time went by that they had to compensate or correct the earlier scenes? It's also possible JH himself asked to redo earlier scenes... At any rate, I can't really comment about WOL since I hated the plot so much and the way JH's character was treated that I stopped watching it in the middle...

As to the love interest of JH's character, when I first heard Lee Mi-Sook will also be in WOL, I kinda hoped she would be his love interest, considering the incredible (if creepy :) ) chemistry they had in Money Flower. But, as it turned out WOL was a complete waste of time! Next time, JH should at least know who his character is before he takes on a role... and stop taking supporting roles! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

She was 11 years older in reality. But still it's less funny than the actress who played JH's mom in SOGC (she is only a 6-7 years older than him).

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Other actors don't really catch my attention (and I don't know why). So yes true, I shouldn't be so critical of the young casts - see how their acting first. 

It's just your personal preference. :lol:

Just like there are hundreds of music genres in the world but all of them are not universally liked. But it doesn't mean what I don't like is necessarily 'bad'. Sometime taste can also chage with age or exposure. Like I suddenly started liking Indian classical music after completing 23 years of my life also I suddenly stopped watching comedy movies with my friends (then they started doubting if I'm same person who used to hang out with them for years).:D

• LOL 1