6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

And there's a total of 1540kg rice wreaths!! Wow! For an actor who is not a lead and didn't even attend the press conference, what an achievement!:D

Thats hell a lot of rice!!! 

Any news on the cable tv drama?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

Looks like this ahjusshi is really setting the stage for the younger artistes. But who knows, maybe he was told not to attend because if he attended, the limelight will definitely be him and not the other 3 young leads. But still, I don't like this. Not another Wok of Love scenario please! :tears:

That's what I was thinking too... Could it be that he was filming at the time of the presscon? not sure... I know the guys admire JH, but I wonder what they felt when they saw all the attention JH is getting. This should be a lesson for JH- if he wants to be considerate and not steal the limelight from lead actors, he simply shouldn't take supporting roles! :) That will also help us avoid fast forwarding through shows...  

• Like 4

And so becoz he didn't attend the press conference yesterday, the support rice wreaths came out in the news instead of him haha...

Google translated :

Actor Jang Hyuk, wreaths for JTBC 'My Country' production presentation!

JTBC Golden Drama 'My Country' production presentation was held.

On the 2nd Oct, an exhibition was held at Imperial Palace Seoul, Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, where JTBC's drama 'My Country' was held. Actors Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Seol-hyun, and director Kim Jin-won participated in highlight demonstration, photo time, and press conference.

Actor Jang Hyuk's fans sent wreaths to cheer for the drama “My Country”.

Jang Hyuk did not attend the production presentation on this day, but PD Kim Jin-won said, “I was wondering if he would play the role of Lee Bang-won in 'My Country' again because he played the role of Lee Bang-won in 'The Age of Innocence'. The actor was interested in Lee Bang-won's role in 'My Country', so we got together. ' "I thought it would be nice to have an actor with a strong presence in the background of 'My Country, and I'm glad Jang Hyuk was with us."

JTBC 'S My Country' is an action historical drama that depicts the desire of power and protection by aiming the blades on each other, set  in the background of the early Chosun Dynasty. It airs at 10:50 pm.

20191002174144.jpg

http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1992352&thread=07r05

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's what I was thinking too... Could it be that he was filming at the time of the presscon? not sure... I know the guys admire JH, but I wonder what they felt when they saw all the attention JH is getting. This should be a lesson for JH- if he wants to be considerate and not steal the limelight from lead actors, he simply shouldn't take supporting roles! :) That will also help us avoid fast forwarding through shows...  

I could be wrong but this is just my opinion. 

If he had filming at the time of the press con, it showed even more clearly that he isn't needed at the press con. If he is needed, arrangement will be made to suit his schedule. I am quite sure that the production company or producer or director or whoever it is that is "promoting" the 3 young leads, needed a strong mentor to be in the film, at the same time, not overshadowing the 3 leads. And who else who is of the same level as JH would be willing to take a supporting role? To be willing to be a mentor but yet not taking the driver's seat? I guess no one except JH. 

I guess he might be (slowly) cutting down filming time and not taking main role, is for the sake of his family.  So that he has more time to be with his family. No matter how perfect a husband and father he is, constantly being away from home is "not healthy" for a family unit. Prolonged absence of a father figure might have negative impact on his children too, as his children especially the boys are approaching teenage. (In Healing Camp he said, family is forever the most important, 2nd is work, 3rd is jeetkundo/martial arts/exercise). 

As to how the younger artistes will feel that JH is getting all the attention/limelight, maybe a mixed reaction? A mixture of admiration at the same time, slight jealousy? If he was at the Press Con, it might be awkward for the 3 leads. So I guess his absence gives the 3 leads a chance to be in some limelight. 

But I agree with @Biology Lessonthat we will have to fast forward through shows. In the end, not even watching 1/2 the drama. :tears:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

He actually went boxing at the gym ..haha! Think he didn't want to be in the limelight.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Detailed translation of what PD said about Hyuk during press con yesterday 

Hmmm, from what he said and the words he uses "I assume","I heard", "I think" it seems like he didn't actually speak to JH about this. Kinda strange. Also in the end of the article about the rice wreaths posted he is quoted to say ""I thought it would be nice to have an actor with a strong presence in the background of 'My Country, ..." the background?! JH's in the background of the show?! Also this is just about JH's presence? nothing about his acting? Ugh...

• Unamused 1

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He actually went boxing at the gym ..haha! Think he didn't want to be in the limelight.

I did wonder if that video was from yesterday... :) I wonder who exactly didn't want him to be in the limelight, him or the production... I think the fans made sure he remained in the limelight either way with their rice wreaths :) I will be so disappointed if indeed JH's role is just in "the background of the show" like the PD said...

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm, from what he said and the words he uses "I assume","I heard", "I think" it seems like he didn't actually speak to JH about this. Kinda strange. Also in the end of the article about the rice wreaths posted he is quoted to say ""I thought it would be nice to have an actor with a strong presence in the background of 'My Country, ..." the background?! JH's in the background of the show?! Also this is just about JH's presence? nothing about his acting? Ugh...

We got to accept it, he is not the main focus of this show. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah i think so too, it's quite rare for such a big saguek production to only have 3 actors attending the press conference? 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes agree! Seems like he doesn't communicate much with JH. I didn't like the "I heard, I think, I assume, and background". :rage:

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder who exactly didn't want him to be in the limelight, him or the production... I think the fans made sure he remained in the limelight either way with their rice wreaths :) I will be so disappointed if indeed JH's role is just in "the background of the show" like the PD said...

Although JH is low profile, but still I don't think he would purposely absent himself if there is work to be done. If he is needed to go for the Press Con, he would. So I feel it is more a case of he is not needed, and whoever it is that didn't want him to steal the limelight.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

This is funny. :lol:

Knowing Jang Hyuk, he maybe add another hat fashion there if he came.

Haha but he usually doesn't wear hats to press conferences. He only do that for script-reading or wrap-up parties, less official events.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha but he usually doesn't wear hats to press conferences. He only do that for script-reading or wrap-up parties, less official events.

Talking about that, I wonder why isn't there any script reading video for My country?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Talking about that, I wonder why isn't there any script reading video for My country?

Probably forgotten about it? Anyway it seems like they still left 5 episodes to film, I hope JH will attend the wrap up party?

• Like 1