2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I noticed it too! Well, I have no idea. But he does like to recommended his friends for shows.

He does, doesn't he? I love how he takes care of his friends... I kinda suspect that the only reason he accepted the role in WOL was that the production allowed him to bring any friend he wanted :)

I also noticed that when he had a show that had low ratings, like Robbers and Beautiful Mind, he recommended an actress from that show to a new show he was accepted a role in, like he is trying to make it up for them... And interestingly, in both times, the second show had exceptionally high ratings (Chuno and Money Flower). Considering that, I hope to see him in another show with Park So-dam soon :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, considering how fast his beard grows, as we saw in Urban cops, we can always have it both ways :)

That's true! I remembered when he showed up at the airport to go for Taiwan golden bell awards, he was clean shaven. But when we watched him on the show that night, light stubble already grew on his face..haha!:joy:

• LOL 3

Does anyone here know if Hyuk hosts fan meetings or meet ups with his fans? If yes where does one usually find those information, like an official fan page? I can only imagine that as his age increases he will no longer do these things anymore :tears: 

And im also curious to know if any of you have attended his fan meeting before? Would love to hear your experience! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Considering that, I hope to see him in another show with Park So-dam soon :)

Maybe I'm the (only) one who finds him not matching with PSD. Of course without doubt I love JH in Beautiful Mind. Only I'm slightly uncomfortable with the pairing of both of them. I find PSD is more matching with Yoon Hyun Min than with JH. B) But yes, hoping the cast of BM can have another team up together. 

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Maybe I'm the (only) one who finds him not matching with PSD. Of course without doubt I love JH in Beautiful Mind. Only I'm slightly uncomfortable with the pairing of both of them. I find PSD is more matching with Yoon Hyun Min than with JH. B) But yes, hoping the cast of BM can have another team up together. 

At first I also was baffled by her casting and was quite annoyed by her character, but as the show progressed I realized that actually she was the perfect casting. She was the sunlight to his darkness. It had to be someone as bright and as fresh as her to be able to see beyond his cynicism and condescending behavior and see the good and vulnerable person underneath and help him chase his darkness away. I loved to see how she actually intimidated him by her positivity and baffled him by really liking him. Their relationship by the second half of the show was so believable and sweet...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

At first I also was baffled by her casting and was quite annoyed by her character, but as the show progressed I realized that actually she was the perfect casting. She was the sunlight to his darkness. It had to be someone as bright and as fresh as her to be able to see beyond his cynicism and condescending behavior and see the good and vulnerable person underneath and help him chase his darkness away. I loved to see how she actually intimidated him by her positivity and baffled him by really liking him. Their relationship by the second half of the show was so believable and sweet...

No i don't mean the character that she played in BM. But yes, at the initial few episodes she certainly was annoying in her portrayal as the traffic police. 

What I meant is that she looks like a teenager in BM and I tend to feel that Lee Young Ngor is romancing a teenager. That's what I meant and I'm quite uncomfortable with such pairing. :expressionless: 

59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

No i don't mean the character that she played in BM. But yes, at the initial few episodes she certainly was annoying in her portrayal as the traffic police. 

What I meant is that she looks like a teenager in BM and I tend to feel that Lee Young Ngor is romancing a teenager. That's what I meant and I'm quite uncomfortable with such pairing. :expressionless: 

I also am talking about her looks- her being young was essential for the character, I think. It went really well with her optimistic, trusting attitude. An older woman would have recognized that Lee Young was also dangerous... And since she wasn't a teenager, I wasn't too bothered by it :) . I am more bothered by how many Korean actors look feminine, making it impossible for me to enjoy their shows

15 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Does anyone here know if Hyuk hosts fan meetings or meet ups with his fans? If yes where does one usually find those information, like an official fan page? I can only imagine that as his age increases he will no longer do these things anymore :tears: 

And im also curious to know if any of you have attended his fan meeting before? Would love to hear your experience! 

Yes he has regular fan meetings, but most of the time in Japan only.

Here is the Japanese fan club page http://www.jang-hyuk.jp/

Upcoming Fan meeting in Tokyo and Fukuoka on 28 and 30 Oct https://www.lala.tv/janghyuk_2019/event/

Upcoming Birthday and Xmas fan meeting in Osaka on 15 Dec https://a-ara.co.jp/event/733

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Here's some accounts from those who went for his fan meetings.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's some accounts from those who went for his fan meetings.

Thanks for sharing these @azureblue7

Love how he comes across so sincere, thoughtful and contemplative when he answers the questions. And the fan’s experience at his birthday gathering was so precious! 

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yes he has regular fan meetings, but most of the time in Japan only.

Here is the Japanese fan club page http://www.jang-hyuk.jp/

Upcoming Fan meeting in Tokyo and Fukuoka on 28 and 30 Oct https://www.lala.tv/janghyuk_2019/event/

Upcoming Birthday and Xmas fan meeting in Osaka on 15 Dec https://a-ara.co.jp/event/733

Ah I see! I wish he did fan meetings in other countries too, I don’t understand both Japanese and Korean so it would be just seeing his face only haha (which is good enough too :joy:). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

just seeing his face only haha (which is good enough too :joy:). 

Yes, just looking at his face is good enough. 

Have you watched "Jang Hyuk in USA" (dated 2010)? If you've not, can try watching. 

He did tap dance :rolleyes: he did wine tasting and he was afraid he will get drunk and talk rubbish. He spoke some english. What caught my attention was when the magician made his (wedding) ring disappeared and appeared again, Hyuk took the ring back and checked it thoroughly inside and outside (usually the inner of the wedding ring will have name engraved right), I guess to make sure that's really his (wedding) ring and slipped it back onto his wedding finger. Hahaha...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Love how he comes across so sincere, thoughtful and contemplative when he answers the questions. And the fan’s experience at his birthday gathering was so precious! 

You can also read this blogger's very interesting account of JH when he came to Singapore for a few months to film the movie "Dance of the dragon" in 2007. She worked as one of the background actors and you can read about how humble and down to earth he was  (eating at a food court, using the staff pantry like everyone else, using the common toilet instead of his own exclusive one), shy and super hardworking (practising non stop)

http://tiffanykimchiland.blogspot.com/2007/09/jang-hyukdancing.html?m=1

http://tiffanykimchiland.blogspot.com/2007/09/jang-hyuk-dancing-in-afoodcourt.html?m=1

http://tiffanykimchiland.blogspot.com/2007/08/dancing-with-jang-hyuk-in-singapore.html?m=1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/11/2019 at 12:23 PM, budgerie said:

@AquariusMY@fiesty8001Did you manage to find the wedding clip? Apology, I wish I am more helpful but I'm truly bad with computer stuff. 

No I couldn't. Seems like it's not available in my country. I can't read Chinese characters so I've no idea what do the words that appear on my screen (after opening the links) mean.

I'm feeling illiterate.:sweatingbullets:

Nevertheless thanks for posting the links and answering me. 

I think I've to learn to live with my several shortcomings.:D

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

You can also read this blogger's very interesting account of JH when he came to Singapore for a few months to film the movie "Dance of the dragon" in 2007. She worked as one of the background actors and you can read about how humble and down to earth he was  (eating at a food court, using the common toilet instead of his own exclusive one), shy and super hardworking. 

Wah thanks, first time i am reading this, gorilla manager haha.. How i wished I had known him in 2007

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 9/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, budgerie said:

saw also another interview, they interviewed the female co star in "Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty". She said, in the earlier part of filming, before she and JH even got familiar, they had a kiss/hug scene in which JH had to hug her and kiss on her cheek. She revealed that after the kiss, she could'nt act. She was so mesmerised and felt her heart raced. Not knowing what's happening, she asked another male co star to do the same to her, hug and kiss her but with this co star, she didn't feel anything at all. The interviewer said "you have fallen in love with JH

I found the interview. "Zhu Dan falls for Jang Hyuk and used Wu Jian to practise hugging" 

https://m.v.qq.com/play.html?&vid=u05340f7p8h&ptag=www.google.com%23v.play.adaptor%232&mreferrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1