@fiesty8001Thanks! Sure, if I do come across any (new) ones, I will let you know. The poster making for BM looks good (both of them). PSD got nice makeup + nice hairdo for the poster making. Needless to comment about JH, he looks good always. :D 

I don't like to be sick but if my doctor is Lee Young Oh, it's ok to be sick I guess (hahaha)! 

I'm into BTS recently (lol). Drama MF, BM and BPP  his character was serious and no nonsense, it is nice to see BTS of MF and BPP, see that he was enjoying himself while rehearsing. Couldn't find any rehearsal on BM though.

@Prettysupthe pic with the lady model looks nice. The hair is neat so it is acceptable for me. :expressionless:I don't like his Li Gun hairstyle (the earlier part of the drama). Is there anything that this man cannot do? He's a great actor + a great model. He's got the look, he's got the body and he's got the charisma. 

• Like 2

Hello fans of Jang Hyuk! Glad to see a community here that is so supportive of him! 

I'm a new fan, this is my first post on Soompi so I guess it speaks alot about how great an actor he is so much so that I feel compelled to post something here :D 

Interesting thing is I've known of him since his Successful Story of a Bright Girl days, but never really paid attention thereafter somehow... and it wasn't only until recently when I decided to just watch Money Flower that I realized how amazingggg of an actor he is! (And I started watching Money Flower not because of him, but because I heard good things about the show). After that I gave FTLY a try, and that sealed the deal! I'm typically not a romcom fan but JH and JNR's acting was so top-notch that it made the whole romcom so realistic, instead of the usual typical fluffy ones. 

There's been alot to catch up for his other dramas, movies and all the variety shows he participated in, and I wish I had paid attention to him earlier when he was still so active! These days he seems slightly quiet, but I'm sure that means he's getting to spend good quality time with his family!

Like everyone else, can't wait for My Country. And hopefully an announcement of a new drama soon :P I read about the OCN one but the news sounds like he's still in talks and nothing's confirmed yet? I'm half-half about that role, it feels kinda similar to his role in Voice, and I'm hoping for him to do a melodrama but perhaps the time has yet to come for him to get a good melodrama script. Hopefully not too long a wait! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

I'm into BTS recently (lol). Drama MF, BM and BPP  his character was serious and no nonsense, it is nice to see BTS of MF and BPP, see that he was enjoying himself while rehearsing. Couldn't find any rehearsal on BM though.

I always enjoyed watching the BTS of his shows! He is very different behind the scenes and super adorable!  He smiles and laughs a lot and he makes others smile too.

Unfortunately, I think BM doesn't have many BTS..only those @fiesty8001posted I think.

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

And yeah he does look good in those pics, though I didn't like him with long hair initially, I am starting to accept this look.

I am starting to like this look too, though I still prefer him sporting shorter hair. 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Hello fans of Jang Hyuk! Glad to see a community here that is so supportive of him! 

I'm a new fan, this is my first post on Soompi so I guess it speaks alot about how great an actor he is so much so that I feel compelled to post something here :D 

Welcome!! So happy to see more fans posting here! Looks like FTLY really helped him to gain more fans..even he was surprised when his Japan fans voted that drama as their favourite drama. More rom com? I hope the OCN one is confirmed and I am sure he will make the role different from the rest that he has done. He is brilliant at that!

Anyway, happy weekend to everyone!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Like everyone else, can't wait for My Country. And hopefully an announcement of a new drama soon :P I read about the OCN one but the news sounds like he's still in talks and nothing's confirmed yet? I'm half-half about that role, it feels kinda similar to his role in Voice, and I'm hoping for him to do a melodrama but perhaps the time has yet to come for him to get a good melodrama script. Hopefully not too long a wait! 

Hello welcome new fan, nice to see you joining us here! About that new OCN drama, although it is still officially still in the talks, I think it should be 90% confirmed since most of the time once the news is out, it is quite confirmed, at least for JH's case. Not too sure which character he will be playing though, some say he is the detective, some say he is the eccentric profiler. Anyway that is still a long way to go, so we shall see how he portrays it once it airs!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

until recently when I decided to just watch Money Flower that I realized how amazingggg of an actor he is!

Hello and welcome! 

Yes yes, he is so amazing in MF. Can't tell you how much I am so in love with Kang Pil Joo. :blush:Have you watched Beautiful Mind? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

Hello and welcome! 

Yes yes, he is so amazing in MF. Can't tell you how much I am so in love with Kang Pil Joo. :blush:Have you watched Beautiful Mind? 

I have not! I think so many have said they were disappointed because the drama was cut short, so I was slightly worried I’d be disappointed at the end while watching too. Haha. But... l will watch it soon because reviews of his acting there has been great and I know I can’t miss it :joy:

15 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hello welcome new fan, nice to see you joining us here! About that new OCN drama, although it is still officially still in the talks, I think it should be 90% confirmed since most of the time once the news is out, it is quite confirmed, at least for JH's case. Not too sure which character he will be playing though, some say he is the detective, some say he is the eccentric profiler. Anyway that is still a long way to go, so we shall see how he portrays it once it airs!

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining! If he really does take the role I hope it’s one where the character is well developed and multi-dimensional!

By the way, I was thinking about this and wonder what you guys think:

JH rarely has dramas which pair up with hallyu or those very popular actress (apart from Jang Na Ra). I know that’s not the mark of a quality drama or movie at all, but a strong pairing definitely brings in hype and ratings. And My Country seems like the strongest ensemble cast since MF (though MF had GREAT actors, but I don’t know if they had the initial hype). Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if he gets to act with actresses like Kim Sun Ah, Choi Ji Woo or Ha Ji Won, how much more recognition he would get as a result of wider publicity and stronger ratings! Right now his talent seems to go under the radar abit because his drama ratings aren’t as high as the slew of other primetime dramas churned out.

This was just a random reflection haha, I know end of the day all these are just generic means of measuring success, BUT what truly matters is he is happy acting in whatever roles he has chosen and genuinely happy in life haha (which seems like he definitely is! :blush: he’s level-headed and definitely prioritizes well)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I think so many have said they were disappointed because the drama was cut short, so I was slightly worried I’d be disappointed at the end while watching too. Haha. But... l will watch it soon because reviews of his acting there has been great and I know I can’t miss it :joy:

Indeed the drama was cut short by 2 episodes :rage:hence making the romance development of Young Oh (played by Jang Hyuk) and Jin Sung (played by Park So Dam) at very minimal. They were just starting to date properly and it's the end of the drama :persevere:but yes, JH portrayal of Dr Lee Young Oh was superb.

Just my personal opinion, in the beginning few episodes of the drama, Jin Sung did irritate me with her behaviour. I thought as a policewoman she might have more sense than how she behaved/reacted. I guess the writer "slipped up" here. But she grew on me as she got on more cordially with Dr Lee. The ending was rushed for sure. And personally I did find Park So Dam looking very young for Jang Hyuk. 

because his drama ratings aren’t as high as the slew of other primetime dramas churned out.

Just my 2 cents worth here - rating is really beyond an actor's control. Unfortunately, those awards are given out (fair or unfair) depending on the ratings of the drama. JH didn't win any award for BM. Yet, apart from him, I can't think of anyone else who can play Dr Lee. He didn't even get nominated if I am not wrong. 

Until now I still cannot understand why the drama is not well received. I can only guess is because of the genre. Medical drama is not everyone cup of tea. Most people still like romance and love I guess. But on the otherhand, if every of JH drama is with JNR or is like FTLY storyline, I think I would feel bored. Thankfully JH is not someone who only stick to 1 genre of drama. 

what truly matters is he is happy acting in whatever roles he has chosen 

I think he mentioned this in interview, that he must like the character he is playing and that it has room for him to explore the character. It doesn't have to be a lead role but he must like the role. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

By the way, I was thinking about this and wonder what you guys think:

JH rarely has dramas which pair up with hallyu or those very popular actress (apart from Jang Na Ra). I know that’s not the mark of a quality drama or movie at all, but a strong pairing definitely brings in hype and ratings. And My Country seems like the strongest ensemble cast since MF (though MF had GREAT actors, but I don’t know if they had the initial hype). Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if he gets to act with actresses like Kim Sun Ah, Choi Ji Woo or Ha Ji Won, how much more recognition he would get as a result of wider publicity and stronger ratings! Right now his talent seems to go under the radar abit because his drama ratings aren’t as high as the slew of other primetime dramas churned out.

This was just a random reflection haha, I know end of the day all these are just generic means of measuring success, BUT what truly matters is he is happy acting in whatever roles he has chosen and genuinely happy in life haha (which seems like he definitely is! :blush: he’s level-headed and definitely prioritizes well)

Well my take on this is that he generally chooses dramas with strong male characters and weaker female characters, think BM, Money Flower, Bad Papa etc. So I guess most popular actresses will shun away from such roles? Anyway just my own opinion, doesn't mean that all actresses think this way.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Well my take on this is that he generally chooses dramas with strong male characters and weaker female characters, think BM, Money Flower, Bad Papa etc. So I guess most popular actresses will shun away from such roles? Anyway just my own opinion, doesn't mean that all actresses think this way.

Hmm...quite true though. Jin Sung (BM) was a rather weak character. Her portrayal was definitely weaker than Young Oh. Sun Joo (BPP) is a weaker character compared to Ji Cheol. But definitely not Jung Mal Ran (MF). She is super power :lol: Lol 

(Don't slaughter me ya...hahaha). 

• LOL 1

59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hmm...quite true though. Jin Sung (BM) was a rather weak character. Her portrayal was definitely weaker than Young Oh. Sun Joo (BPP) is a weaker character compared to Ji Cheol. But definitely not Jung Mal Ran (MF). She is super power :lol: Lol 

(Don't slaughter me ya...hahaha). 

But technically Jung MR (MF) was not the female lead haha..

• LOL 2

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if he gets to act with actresses like Kim Sun Ah, Choi Ji Woo or Ha Ji Won, how much more recognition he would get as a result of wider publicity and stronger ratings!

He nearly act with Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden.  He was the original choice for the main lead.  They would make a wonderful pairing together.  I always feel HJW is the female version of JH.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

He nearly act with Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden.  He was the original choice for the main lead.  They would make a wonderful pairing together.  I always feel HJW is the female version of JH.

I like HJW. Wonder if both of them will ever have a chance to work together. :)

Sometimes I prefer the 2nd female lead to the female lead. Their drama character aside, in Gaeku, I like Kim Ming Jung more than Han Chae Ah. In SOGC, I like Honey Lee more than Oh Yeon Seo. In FTLY, I like Wang Ji Won more than Jang Nara. In MF, I like Lee Mi Sook more than Park Se Young. (Am I normal)??? :wacko:

Is the Lala interview going to have english sub? 

• LOL 2

47 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

More clips on the interview

JH seems a bit more serious lately, no? Or maybe he's just uncomfortable... But I will say- I love that hair style! His whole current style, in fact (except for the pants. Why on earth are they so short?!). I so wan't a modern character with this look!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1