2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

According to his work schedule, filming is still ongoing this week.. 

I really hope the time he invested in this is worth it...

I wonder- Aren't kdramas usually filmed while the show is being broadcast? And also- isn't it strange that no pictures or footage of the BTS has been released yet?

25 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder- Aren't kdramas usually filmed while the show is being broadcast? And also- isn't it strange that no pictures of footage of the BTS has been released yet?

I hope so too.. Actually the other leads are also very quiet. No news at all.

With regards to live shoot format vs preproduction format, I find the article below rather insightful. 

"Most Korean TV series start airing after shooting just a few episodes. Production gets busier as the shows rush to the end. Actors have been known to receive scripts right before filming starts on all-night shoots, while editors often struggle to deliver a final cut on time. The end result usually meant lower-quality episodes as a series reached its climax.

In spite of such problems, the live-shoot model has enjoyed consistent popularity as it allows series the flexibility to adapt to real time audience feedback: popular characters receive increased screen time and writers may even change plotlines to satisfy audience expectations.

However, the success of KBS’ 2015 series “Descendants of the Sun” opened the industry’s eyes to the potential of a fully pre-produced series. “Descendants” started airing only after production had wrapped.

It’s an endless dilemma: entirely pre-produced series are given no room to reflect audience feedbacks,” notes a talent management agency’s head, whose actor recently performed in a pre-produced series. “That’s why some pre-produced episodes often get re-edited and sometimes even require reshoots on the day of airing, just like any other live-shoot shows. It may downgrade the overall quality of the show as the whole process is done in a rush.”

Recent hit series including “Goblin,” “Good Manager” and “Defendant” were either partially pre-produced, or not pre-produced at all.

That said, Han believes more producers will recognize the value of completing a series before it airs. “Broadcasting stations and production companies may go back to live-shoot format for now, but in time, more series will be pre-produced,” he says. “It is important for quality dramas to be made under stable production environment.”

Source : https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2017/tv/asia/korean-dramas-descendants-of-the-sun-pre-produced-format-1202019925/amp/

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder- Aren't kdramas usually filmed while the show is being broadcast? And also- isn't it strange that no pictures or footage of the BTS has been released yet?

Yeah most k-dramas adopt a live-filming style, ie they film the drama as it airs. However as @azureblue7 quoted in the article above, there has been a trend of more going for pre-produced style, which is the case of 'My Country'. Hence no spoilers, no BTS until they are nearer the broadcast date. Everything is hush-hush at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I hope so too.. Actually the other leads are also very quiet. No news at all.

With regards to live shoot format vs preproduction format, I find the article below rather insightful. 

Very interesting. I didn't know about this. I wish that Beautiful Mind was pre-produced so that we could have gotten the full 16 episodes, instead of only 14... I feel like the pre-produced format is much better both for the quality of the shows ans for the wellfare of the actors and crew, but I do wish they'd release something for us poor fans... JH looks incredible in recent pictures, so I just hope the production is taking full advantage of that, even though his character is supposed to be the antagonist. I know that I didn't like the bulkiness of the clothes of this character in Empire of lust

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

wish that Beautiful Mind was pre-produced so that we could have gotten the full 16 episodes, instead of only 

Oh yes, if only..2 more episodes of BM would be so perfect and I could have seen more cute scenes of the wifi couple.. 

Looks like "My Country " will air on October 4.. another about 2 more months to go...

Cr.owner

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson@azureblue7I feel the same way too. After 14 episodes of suspense, the ending of BM is so anti climax. :tears:Although I am "in love" with Kang Pil Joo, but if is to find a husband material, I will go for Lee Young Ngo. :lol: Haiz, I need a slap to get out of this fantasy island.

@Biology LessonI actually like his look in Empire of Lust. With the big awful earring and oversized clothes. But yes, hopefully in My Country, they don't give him that awful looking earring. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

but if is to find a husband material, I will go for Lee Young Ng

Me too..He is so innocent and shows his love in such sweet ways.. Lee Gun will be great too..hahaha. 

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

@Biology LessonI actually like his look in Empire of Lust. With the big awful earring and oversized clothes. But yes, hopefully in My Country, they don't give him that awful looking earring. 

I heard his image in My Country is younger, with lighter stubble and more sexy.. think he will kill people with his charm.....why is october 4 so far away..sigh 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Me too..He is so innocent and shows his love in such sweet ways.. Lee Gun will be great too..hahaha. 

I heard his image in My Country is younger, with lighter stubble and more sexy.. think he will kill people with his charm.....why is october 4 so far away..sigh 

i think many of his fans will choose Lee Gun as husband material instead of Young Ngo. My 2nd choice would be Min Ki Seo. For me, I think Pil Joo is suitable as boyfriend material. Hahaha...

Talking about BM makes me upset. I wanted to see Dr Lee proposing. I wanted to see how bad a job he would do since he has difficulty expressing himself. :wacko: I really thought he was going to propose since he was "dressed up" and walking towards her. Btw, would you know if DVD version is 16 episodes or 14 episodes? Is there any DVD version? 

I hope the ending for My Country will be a good one. If he's going to die, I don't think I can watch it. I cried so much in Bad Papa. :bawling:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Describing Lee Young is very interesting. It shows how fascinating this character was. To be so sophisticated and conniving on the one hand, and still be so innocent and vulnerable when it came to his relationship with Gye Jin. The way he several times physically backed away from this sweet much younger women, as though she represented a danger to him, and how he got stressed when he thought she was angry at him... This is one aspect I regret we didn't get to see- the slower exploration of the way he copes with actual feelings and being with a woman he actually desires, instead of just pretending to. 

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

More sexy... that sounds really interesting considering some scenes in the movie :) , which I also wonder about- none of the interviews for Empire of Lust had English subs so I don't know this was addressed- do any of you know why JH sex scene was so short and highly edited? Was it his request?

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Describing Lee Young is very interesting. It shows how fascinating this character was. To be so sophisticated and conniving on the one hand, and still be so innocent and vulnerable when it came to his relationship with Gye Jin.

Yes..LYO is really a very interesting character and I love how JH disappears in his portrayal of him. It's really a pity they didnt have time to delve deeper into his relationship with Gye Jin. 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Biology Lesson said:

English subs so I don't know this was addressed- do any of you know why JH sex scene was so short and highly edited? Was it his request?

Hahaha.. I have no idea too..

Have a great weekend! Just for laughs.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He looks so hot in these pics! I really wonder why sidus is not releasing any of his fan meeting or profile pics...taking so long..

Fan meeting was held in Japan, cannot release yet

And btw u call that a simple white shirt when it had so many buttons undone?? Hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Any idea what he said in the (latest) video? Something to do with Midas & Bad Papa???? 

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And btw u call that a simple white shirt when it had so many buttons undone?? Hahaha

:blush: I'm blushing seeing so many buttons undone....hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Fan meeting was held in Japan, cannot release yet

Oh...so it cannot be released yet? Then at least Sidus should show us the profile pics he took and posted in his last IG post..

It's a plain white shirt but yah.. not simple at all..hahaha...too many buttons undone.. :wub:

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Any idea what he said in the (latest) video? Something to do with Midas & Bad Papa???? 

I think it has got to do with Japan LalaTV having a "Jang Hyuk special feature" for 3 months and they are going to air 6 of his works starting with Midas and Bad Papa. There will be an exclusive interview with him on September 1st too! Please correct me if I'm wrong.:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think it has got to do with Japan LalaTV having a "Jang Hyuk special feature" for 3 months and they are going to air 6 of his works starting with Midas and Bad Papa. There will be an exclusive interview with him on September 1st too! Please correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Thanks for the clarification! :) 

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

It's a plain white shirt but yah.. not simple at all..hahaha...too many buttons undone.. :wub:

I don't think that I will ever say about JH's shirts that they have too many buttons undone... :) maybe too many done... LOL... 

But, from what I managed to understand from the interviews that went along with those incredible photoshoots from 2010 that Christine (janghyuk_forever on twitter) has been graciously posting , Jang Hyuk actually seemed to be disappointed by the fact that everyone were focusing on how sexy he looked in Chuno. From what I understood using google translate (and I understood very little :) ) he seemed to be constantly telling the interviewers that his physique in Chuno was all about the character, to fit how he has been living his life, and not about looking sexy, but I guess whoever was responsible for the photoshoots was like "yeah... yeah... unbutton you shirt and get on the bed!" (have you noticed how many of those photoshoots are on beds?! )

• Like 1

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh Wooh! :wub:Wish I know korean/japanese language! Looking forward to the exclusive interview. Wonder which 6 of his work will be picked. 

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Jang Hyuk actually seemed to be disappointed by the fact that everyone were focusing on how sexy he looked in Chuno. From what I understood using google translate (and I understood very little :) ) he seemed to be constantly telling the interviewers that his physique in Chuno was all about the character, to fit how he has been living his life, and not about looking sexy.

He always put in alot of effort in his work to build the character. Am sure he will be disappointed...

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

unbutton you shirt and get on the bed!" (have you noticed how many of those photoshoots are on beds?! )

Hahaha yes, makes people drool! All I can say is, Mrs Jung is one lucky girl! So envy her :blush:

• Like 2