7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually I want him to play a character who can't speak for some reason...because I am super curious to see how he would depict all emotions without lines ( He's already very good at it). 

That's a great idea! I actually once read a book about a nobleman (duke) that had a stroke, and as a result he had to relearn how to speak and do other basic things (like tie his shoe laces) while fighting to prove that he can still function and be the head of his family. It was a great romantic story too. It could be great to see JH challenged in that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He is a true actor!

His insights about acting are fascinating. I don't think I've ever heard an actor say things like that. His approach is so different and deep. Loved also to hear how he treats taking funny roles so seriously. 

It's interesting that he didn't know that "Fated to love you" was so loved. Now that I've actually seen Chuno, as impressed as I was with his performance, I'm not sure I even liked that show, partly because of the other characters and partly because DG's arch wasn't complete like in FTLY or Beautiful mind. The equivalent would have been if Lee Gunn was still in love with Se Ra by the end of FTLY. A horrible thought...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He is so frank and funny when he said "Until now it has been good memories , but when I start to sing, it might turn into bad memories. Would it be alright with you?"  :lol::joy:

Oh he's so funny - ya, we established the 3 things he can't do right? Sing, cook & typing. Hahaha! So curious to know how his toast would look like - not burnt hopefully. :lol: But he can do a fierce hotdog so maybe his toast wouldn't be that bad. I really like how he "separate" work & home. Actor at work, husband & daddy at home. 

17 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually I want him to play a character who can't speak for some reason...because I am super curious to see how he would depict all emotions without lines ( He's already very good at it). 

I want to see him act as someone "tortured" in the mind. Similar to sealed with a kiss (chinese drama) that kind of plot. Looks normal on the outside but sick mind in the inside. I'm sure he can do this very well....

@azureblue7You mentioned Empire of Lust, I like his look there & he did already look quite young. And My Country, he looks younger & hotter? I'm already drooling :lol:

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

His insights about acting are fascinating. I don't think I've ever heard an actor say things like that. His approach is so different and deep. Loved also to hear how he treats taking funny roles so seriously. 

It's interesting that he didn't know that "Fated to love you" was so loved. Now that I've actually seen Chuno, as impressed as I was with his performance, I'm not sure I even liked that show, partly because of the other characters and partly because DG's arch wasn't complete like in FTLY or Beautiful mind. The equivalent would have been if Lee Gunn was still in love with Se Ra by the end of FTLY. A horrible thought...

Oh wow, I'm also surprised that FTLY chosen as most loved by his fans. I thought it was gonna be Chuno or MF. But I agree, FTLY is like one of the better plot in all of his drama, he got his girl in the end & he didn't die. This will stay very well with fans/audience. I'm not sure if I'm right to say this but if you look at all his drama, it's can be extreme sometimes. Is either majority can accept the plot (example : FTLY) or majority don't like the plot (example : BM). Even MF & Bad Papa, perhaps not all fans like that kind of storyline. 

I don't mind if JH team up with "Sera" in a drama. With his acting skills, he can have chemistry with any female lead but is the female lead that cannot have chemistry with him. Actually I kind of like the actress who acted his wife in Bad Papa. For someone not married, having to act a 17 years old couple isn't easy but I think she portrayed her role pretty well.  

• Like 1

Oh yeah this is finally out! 

Watch the video here http://www.dramabeans.com/videos-posts/2019/07/ask-an-actor-jang-hyuk-on-action-scenes-character-choices-and-his-iconic-laugh/

[Ask an Actor] Jang Hyuk on action scenes, character choices, and his iconic laugh

Jang Hyuk, who needs no introduction, answers questions you submitted in his recent Ask an Actor post.

prettysup: What is your criteria when choosing a role? Do you accept it because you are confident of pulling it off? Or you want to try something new? #

earthna: I’m wondering how scenes that require long dialogues were shot. There were really long dialogues in Deep Rooted Tree that were not just long but very emotional as well. Any know how to ace such scenes? #

R.L.: You have done countless of action scenes and you are terrific in them. Was there any one action scene where you were most worried about? In terms of complexity of the action sequence or the risks of injury? #

YY: Do you laugh that booming laugh in Fated in real life as well? #

Thanks for sending in your questions! Stay tuned for more videos in the Ask an Actor series!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who could not watch the video :

Q : What is your criteria when choosing a role? Do you accept it because you are confident of pulling it off? Or you want to try something new? 

A : I wish for a character that’s compassionate. Also, who is portrayed charismatically in the story. Such character will be fun to act. Also, the most important thing is me wanting to be this character. I will personally need to feel interest to want and act as that character

Q: I’m wondering how scenes that require long dialogues were shot. There were really long dialogues in Deep Rooted Tree that were not just long but very emotional as well. Any know how to ace such scenes? 

A : If I only continue to do lines in long dialogue scenes, it will become more of delivering information rather than emotion. So by using appropriate rhythm, tempo, and breaks in between, I’ll use moments where emotions can be amplified … the style and situational factor to dynamically deliver to the viewers. More emotionally persuasive performance.

Q : Your performance in ‘Voice’ was incredible. It was a show that was memorable. Do you find it difficult to let go of that character after filming had finished ?

Well, not only in ‘Voice’ but in every project, I bring myself together once it finishes. Actually its not that hard for me to get out of a character. Ive been acting since I was young and at first it wasn’t as easy. But now that ive been doing this for a while, I quickly adjust right in when I move onto next projects. It’s a great project anyways, and I really miss him. Um, anyways I had lots of fun acting as that character.

Q : You have done countless of action scenes and you are terrific in them. Was there any one action scene where you were most worried about? In terms of complexity of the action sequence or the risks of injury? 

A : More than worry, there is an interest. Also because its an environment where accidents are bound to happen anytime, the director, actors, and staff have a thorough talk about safety at the day of the shoot. So I put that aside and rather focus on making sure that the emotions in that action are well conveyed. I think action is an expressive technique because it represents characters’ situations. I think about that a lot before shooting so that it can be conveyed.

Q : Do you laugh that booming laugh in Fated in real life as well? 

A : In fact my normal voice is very different from my acting voice. I talk in a way that fits the dialogue being spoken, or to the character’s personality. In real life, I don’t laugh that booming laugh. I have a quiet tone with soft spoken way of speaking.

Q : Any last words you want to say?

A : Please continue to give me attention like you are doing now. In future I’ll meet you again in a great project with very rounded and charismatic character. I will continue to work very hard. Thank you I will try my best.

http://www.dramabeans.com/videos-posts/2019/07/ask-an-actor-jang-hyuk-on-action-scenes-character-choices-and-his-iconic-laugh/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Oh yeah this is finally out! 

Watch the video here http://www.dramabeans.com/videos-posts/2019/07/ask-an-actor-jang-hyuk-on-action-scenes-character-choices-and-his-iconic-laugh/

[Ask an Actor] Jang Hyuk on action scenes, character choices, and his iconic laugh

Jang Hyuk, who needs no introduction, answers questions you submitted in his recent Ask an Actor post.

prettysup: What is your criteria when choosing a role? Do you accept it because you are confident of pulling it off? Or you want to try something new? #

earthna: I’m wondering how scenes that require long dialogues were shot. There were really long dialogues in Deep Rooted Tree that were not just long but very emotional as well. Any know how to ace such scenes? #

R.L.: You have done countless of action scenes and you are terrific in them. Was there any one action scene where you were most worried about? In terms of complexity of the action sequence or the risks of injury? #

YY: Do you laugh that booming laugh in Fated in real life as well? #

Thanks for sending in your questions! Stay tuned for more videos in the Ask an Actor series!

There were a lot of questions and yours was picked! :) As usual, always passionate even when answering interview questions.

I miss Hyukie in a drama. :bawling:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Q : Do you laugh that booming laugh in Fated in real life as well? 

A : In fact my normal voice is very different from my acting voice. I talk in a way that fits the dialogue being spoken, or to the character’s personality. In real life, I don’t laugh that booming laugh. I have a quiet tone with soft spoken way of speaking.

I'm surprised that he said that because in "Friends in Croatia" there is a moment that he actually burst out laughing in a very similar laughter, but maybe it's rare and only when he is with friends, because with them he was also less soft spoken. 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Yes!! I am equally surprised that he didnt know too! And he actually takes all roles super seriously ! I wouldn't want to think about Lee Gun still liking Sera...I think for me, that would make me like him less.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 8:43 AM, budgerie said:

really like how he "separate" work & home. Actor at work, husband & daddy at home. 

Such a nice daddy! Looks like he is spending quality time with his kids and loving it..

cr. owner 

• Like 3

The drama due to air before 'My Coutry' - 'Melo is my nature' has pushed back its premiere date by 2 weeks from 26 Jul to 9 Aug. So does this mean that JH had insider information earlier that's why he said the premiere date will be in October instead of September? Or is 'My Country' is going to be pushed back a further 2 weeks?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1338270wpp/oh-seung-yun-to-be-removed-from-love-me-actually-and-melo-is-my-nature-due-to-recent-controversy?fbclid=IwAR26rhzCZVewnINRDWRdm4zE8xm-CunE6GRV7rJ9IA-OuvuizhohMawWvlY

Meanwhile, dramabean's instagram is on a roll

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

So does this mean that JH had insider information earlier that's why he said the premiere date will be in October instead of September? Or is 'My Country' is going to be pushed back a further 2 weeks?

Definitely looks like it.. Looks like we have to wait a little longer...:tears:

• Like 1

Hyuk sent a coffee truck this time to actress Jo Bo-ah, who is from same company Sidus HQ as him, and she also worked with him previously in the film 'Innocent Thing' . He seems to be sending lots of trucks to many people recently... has he signed an annual contract with the coffee truck company or something? Hahaha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

22 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hyuk sent a coffee truck this time to actress Jo Bo-ah, who is from same company Sidus HQ as him, and she also worked with him previously in the film 'Innocent Thing' . He seems to be sending lots of trucks to many people recently... has he signed an annual contract with the coffee truck company or something? Hahaha...

Well, he did say that he makes it a mission of his to support actors that are his juniors... I wish that some of the interviews they did together for "Thorn/Innocent thing" were translated to English. Can't say that it was my favorite movie of his, but his insights about his roles are always interesting. I also would love to know about her experience working with him. In the behind the scenes she seemed very cheerful. 

• Like 2