This year seems quiet. We were too pampered in 2018 as we had drama + variety one after another.  From MF to Wok to Bad Papa. (Until today I'm still so in love with Pil Joo. Is there any man like Pil Joo in real life? Without the revenge tho). In 2018 we also got Dragon Club, Urban Cop, Carefree Traveler & Alaska Fishing or whatever that's called. Suddenly 2019 no new drama/variety to watch. The ones we're waiting for haven't come out. He had overworked in 2018 so I'm happy if he's resting well (now), but on the otherhand, missing him on screen.

@azureblue7I've seen that video before. Someone presented him an award at the SOGC shooting site, award for FTLY. Can't remember exactly what's the name of the award (he was presented a transparent award plaque) Jang Nara got the same one too.  Oh ya, do you remember the scene in FTLY where he helped to deliver a baby? I wonder if he felt anything - knowing his real wife was going to go through childbirth again. At that time wife should be already pregnant. 

I'm just curious - which image do you like him in? For clean cut look, I like Pil Joo. For rugged look, I like Wang So. :lol: I really cannot stand his hair in FTLY the longer hair. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, budgerie said:

He had overworked in 2018 so I'm happy if he's resting well (now), but on the otherhand, missing him on screen.

That's true.. missing him yet wants him to have a rest...

12 hours ago, budgerie said:

which image do you like him in? For clean cut look, I like Pil Joo. For rugged look, I like Wang So. :lol: I really cannot stand his hair in FTLY the longer hair. 

I like the the clean cut  Pil Joo or Lee Gun ( shorter hair).  I love the rugged Wang So  or Daegil too. Prefer him to show some forehead though .

I am with you @azureblue7i don't like his hair to be full fringe. In Urban Cop, what's with his hair!! Apart from liking his clean cut look in Pil Joo & rugged look in Wang So, I also like that long hair of his when he shoot the wine advertisement (the advertisement where he called out his wife name). Er...I also like him in moustache. Think he looks hot with it. :wub: 

• Love 1

Missing him on screen, so re watched his (previous) interviews. Watched 3 in a row!

(1) People Inside (2013) the one that has a photograph of his eldest son climbing on the kitchen cabinet. Youku has it in chinese subtitle. This interview talks more about Real Men. 

(2) TVN Taxi (2013) this interview he talked more about his wife/children. Who his children looked like & their character. Talked about he/wife wanted a daughter but #2 is a boy.  :blush: Youku has it in chinese subtitle.

(3) Sunny's FM date with Jang Hyuk (2015) he was still filming SOGC. Talked about the filming of SOGC. Tudou has it in chinese subtitle. 

Always a pleasure listening to his interviews.

In TVN Taxi, the talk host is quite a plump lady. She teased him about men not liking big size lady. He replied he liked big size lady!  Hyuk is a sweet talker ya! The host then said to him, but the wife you married, her size is opposite from big. The host teased is the marriage a mistake? Hyuk replied, but that's true love. Awww, how sweet & touching! I believe he's quite "mischievious" in his younger days. In WIN WIN interview, he said he didnt allow the Dragon Brothers or anyone to visit him in the army on visitation days because he wants to have sleepover with his GF. If they came, he could'nt have the sleepover.  Hmmm.....naughty naughty...lol...

• Like 3

I am not sure if this (news) is accurate but is what I saw when I googled chinese website. It said 新海 will be out in 2022. Swordman & My Country in 2019. I wonder what causes the slow down in his work schedule. Previously he will have "next" before he even finished his current. Could it be the Industry is slowing down or more opportunities given to younger newbies? Whatever it is, I am happy for his wife/childen, to be able to have him at home often. On the otherhand, we're running out of his programmes to watch. 

:expressionless:  

• Like 1

At the boxing gym today 

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

It said 新海 will be out in 2022. Swordman & My Country in 2019.

Wah... so late. . Just hope swordsman wont be delayed anymore. I want to see him as a blind swordsman. As for My Country, I just hope he has more screen time than Wok of Love. But I am happy just seeing him back on screen.

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

I am not sure if this (news) is accurate but is what I saw when I googled chinese website. It said 新海 will be out in 2022. Swordman & My Country in 2019. I wonder what causes the slow down in his work schedule. Previously he will have "next" before he even finished his current. Could it be the Industry is slowing down or more opportunities given to younger newbies? Whatever it is, I am happy for his wife/childen, to be able to have him at home often. On the otherhand, we're running out of his programmes to watch. 

I dont' know what you mean by his slowing down his work schedule? He is currently filming My Country. Since this is a pre-produced drama and a saguek some more, I will expect it to take longer than usual. It probably will only wrap up in June or so. I guess we will hear news of his next project by this month or next. 

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Wah... so late. . Just hope swordsman wont be delayed anymore. I want to see him as a blind swordsman. As for My Country, I just hope he has more screen time than Wok of Love. But I am happy just seeing him back on screen.

Haha it is a miracle that New Sea will be broadcast at all, given the current relationship between the 2 countries. Let's look forward to The Swordsman.

• Like 1

@azureblue7Me too. Hope he has more screen time than WOL. I wonder how many sets of that boxing attire he has. :blush:

@PrettysupOh, I had the impression that My Country is completed. As for New Sea, 2022 is still 3 years away & anything can happen. :confounded:I only hope if it is broadcast, audience will be nicer, don't give nasty remarks about him. He's an actor & his job is to act the character. Any other matter, is not within his scope of work. In the movie Inside/Outside, I read there were nasty remarks about him, which he doesn't deserve at all.  

• Like 1

I am waiting for The Swordsman too. A short clip of him practicing sword fighting is already awesome. i think he must be very very cool in the movie. He also injured his wrist while filming. All the effort for this movie...... :tears: I hope it will be released soon. 

I am curious about My Country. but I want him to cast in another drama too this year. 

I think I prefer the drama which he is the center. 

I love when he's talking about his family. It is very sweet. My mind kept wishing his friends to ask him more in Dragon Club. lol

Ask ask him ask him moreee. :D  In ep 3, when they're sitting at the cafe. When he said that his wife is loyal and he was about to explain more but then they just laughed and like changed the topic. I was likeee whyyyyyyyyyy let me hear it moree.:o

It would be good if we can hear his wife talking about him too. I want to hear it from her side. haha

but that is impossible though.

• Like 3

@budgerie Haha! Talking about his boxing attire, I think he is really such a down to earth person with no airs of a star. He dressed just like any other guys at the gym. If not for hawk-eyed JH fans, we may miss him. But he will still stand out no matter what. 

@nykMe too . I want him to be the lead in his next drama. 

• Like 2

@nykIKR..me too! Tbh, I was quite pissed when they laughed at his "loyalty" remark. He was wanting to say more. It may not mean anything to the others who had not gone through a major scandal but to JH, that "loyalty" meant so much to him. For this, I salute his wife & ship them together forever. 

Although I enjoyed watching the Dragon Club programme, enjoyed their friendship/bromance, but after I watched it countless times, there were some scenes I found that their teasing of JH had gone overboard & from his expression, he was uncomfortable although he kept quiet. Out of the remaining 4, I like Hong Kyung In. He doesn't talk/tease much. I like the way he gazes at JH warmly. Both of them acted in the drama Robbers. 

@nykI think we'll never get to hear his wife speak. He protects her so well from the limelight. Knowing how people like to criticize & give bad comments/remarks, I think it's wise she doesn't come out at all. As it is, he already had a plate full of bad remarks/criticism from military scandal to having a baby before the wedding ceremony & to not wanting to go home (rumour of divorce). He doesn't need anyone saying bad things about his wife or comparing her with some young pretty actress that he works with. 

@azureblue7Yes, he looks like just another person working out at the gymn. I'm wondering if the red boxing glove is the one that his fan gave to him. She came from Taiwan or Mainland China, spent a day with him in Korea & presented him with a silver ring from a certain tribe. 

• Like 6

How come Swordsman is taking so long to premier?

As for New Sea, I’m still waitinggggg he looks gorgeous in that one! 

Well, I prefer him to expose his forehead - his current hairstyle that is the one he is keeping Long for this upcoming drama is really not what I would like to see but I believe if he styles is well, he will still look awesome :) 

• Like 3