Guest love.

thank you, o-cha for the translation of the interview!

but i was wondering if you could rephrase the sixth answer

to the interview question. i don't think the translation that you

offered does jang hyuk justice.

In fact, although I'm attracted by the character

Kiseo, I'm more fascinated by the role Youngshin. Living

together with a child infected by AIDS and an idiotic old man,

she maintained her straightforwardness. Her emotions and

thoughts became the root of the village. I'm much impressed

by this character.

my translation:

사실 기서란 인물도 눈길을 끌었지만 그보다는 영신의 캐릭터에

반해 버렸죠. 에이즈에 감염된 아이, 치매 노인들과 살면서 꼿꼿함을

잃지 않는 모습, 그리고 그 사람의 정서와 생각이 마을의 뿌리를 이루는

것이 인상적이었어요.

honestly, although the role of kiseo fascinated me, the role

of youngshin fascinated me more so; living with a child diagnosed

with AIDS, taking caring of an elderly grandfather suffering from

dementia, youngshin does not lose her bright attitude toward life.

and it is this image and her thoughtfulness that leaves me with a

deep, lasting impression.

my translation isn't the best, either, i admit.

but i think that the "old idiotic man" doesn't do him

justice. thank you for taking the time to read this!

and thank you again, o-cha for taking the time out to

translate the interview for us!<3

Guest o-cha

thank you, o-cha for the translation of the interview!

but i was wondering if you could rephrase the sixth answer

to the interview question. i don't think the translation that you

offered does jang hyuk justice.

my translation:

사실 기서란 인물도 눈길을 끌었지만 그보다는 영신의 캐릭터에

반해 버렸죠. 에이즈에 감염된 아이, 치매 노인들과 살면서 꼿꼿함을

잃지 않는 모습, 그리고 그 사람의 정서와 생각이 마을의 뿌리를 이루는

것이 인상적이었어요.

honestly, although the role of kiseo fascinated me, the role

of youngshin fascinated me more so; living with a child diagnosed

with AIDS, taking caring of an elderly grandfather suffering from

dementia, youngshin does not lose her bright attitude toward life.

and it is this image and her thoughtfulness that leaves me with a

deep, lasting impression.

my translation isn't the best, either, i admit.

but i think that the "old idiotic man" doesn't do him

justice. thank you for taking the time to read this!

and thank you again, o-cha for taking the time out to

translate the interview for us!<3

h

.♡. : I agree with your translation. Dementia is of course the correct word.

I didn't translate the article :) ...hope from acejanghyuk.com did the translation. I didn't change anything except for some minor formatting and typos. I think Hope did a great job with her translation with maybe the minor thing about the use of idiotic man. I'll make some changes to my previous post.

Guest betchay

guys.... whats new about JANG HYUK oppa? i'm sure he's now in Seoul, just hoping he will have some tv guestings so that we can have some updates about him. :)

Guest o-cha

Wynter : thanks for posting Hyuk oppa's pics. He must like that blue beret...hehehe..he looks good though so that's okay.

Does anyone have the song(s) and/or the MVs from when Jang Hyuk was a singer? I think he went under the name TJ Project..or something like that. I'm really curious to hear him singing.

janghyuksinger4.jpg

janghyuksinger.jpg

janghyuksinger3.jpg

janghyuksinger2.jpg

tjproject.jpg

Don't you just love the 90's? hahaha...look at those jeans and hairstyle. :lol:

Does anyone have the song(s) and/or the MVs from when Jang Hyuk was a singer? I think he went under the name TJ Project..or something like that. I'm really curious to hear him singing.

I remember I posted the TJ's album a few weeks ago.. a few pages back.

Better yet, check the first post... it seems updated with all the links :)

Guest o-cha

I remember I posted the TJ's album a few weeks ago.. a few pages back.

Better yet, check the first post... it seems updated with all the links :)

Thanks ay_link . Silly me for not checking the first page! :blush:

Guest Wynter

I have the album! LOL. For some reason I'm really proud of that. The songs are alright, but the MVs are something you should check out because 1) you get to see Jang Hyuk in action, and 2) some of them are cute, like the Hey Girl MV that you posted the screencaps of. :P

Guest o-cha

I have the album! LOL. For some reason I'm really proud of that. The songs are alright, but the MVs are something you should check out because 1) you get to see Jang Hyuk in action, and 2) some of them are cute, like the Hey Girl MV that you posted the screencaps of. :P

Wynter : I'll definitely check out the MVs...especially to see blonde Hyuk in action..hehehe.

By the way is there a thread for his upcoming movie Beastie Boys yet? I found some more information on the movie and would like to post it. I checked the directory and couldn't find any. In the meantime I'll just post the information here.

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/movie.../v16943074.html

news credit: starnews

a quick recap of the article (link above):

A new cast member has joined 'Beastie Boys'. Yoon Ji Su will be joining Jang Hyuk and Ha Jung Woo in the movie 'Beastie Boys'. They are currently negotiating the contract with Yoon Ji Su.

Also saying how 'Beastie Boys' is director Yoon Jong Bin's next work after his previous work 'Unforgiven/Can't Be Forgiven' was invited to a non-competing section of some film festival. There's also a small part where the article mentioned how after coming back from military service and successfully finishing 'Thank You' Jang Hyuk's next project 'Beastie Boys' collected a lot of buzz because of the theme. The movie will be about the love and joy of lives of hosts of a host bar.

this is yoon ji su

yoonjisu.jpg

Guest kaonamp

Thanks for the news Fiona, wow I seriously can't wait for his new movie. He sure is keeping himself busy, oh well that only means we get to see more of him.

Guest kiehlsphilosophy

i haven't watched thank you yet..it's in one of my "to watch" list.

delighted to read that he really made a good comeback.

i've read his interview posted by o-cha and made me admire him even more.

?

Thanks Wynter for the pix. Who are these ahjummas? They are grabbing at every opportunity, I thot I saw a doggy in one of the pix? :unsure:

Guest o-cha

Posting some interview from Hyuk's trip to Japan for the Hallyu Romantic Festival :

sorry for the daum link (I know it's a pain waiting for it to load)..that's all I can find so far. Not sure if something similar is on youtube or not.

indivual interview (approx 1:30 min long)

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...;q=%C0%E5%C7%F5

interview (approx 08:55 min long)

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...;q=%C0%E5%C7%F5

oH MY... Im going to visit this thread more often. After "Thank You" ended, I miss seeing JangHyuk so much. So he's coming out with a new movie??? That is good, he had left us for so long and now coming back. He's given us a lovely drama to watch and now a movie. I can't wait.

o-cha, thank you so much for posting that interview. It was really good to read it.

I was a bit sad, somehow that he considered himself as a con in deciding to do a drama. Like when he said all the stuff about actresses turning down the Young Shin role because they would have to act with him. LOL, I guess he has a right to think so, but it's a little bit depressing for me. I really like JH for being so mature and thoughtful about what he does, how he does it, he seems to be so thorough in learning about medical jargon and adjusting the sentiments for acting. It really shows how he's serious about this. That this is not just 'to make money'. I'm really becoming more and more in love with the guy.

funny... who do not want to act with him??? oh my gwad I would do anything to be in his arms :blink: and he won't bite ya....

Guest o-cha

oH MY... Im going to visit this thread more often. After "Thank You" ended, I miss seeing JangHyuk so much. So he's coming out with a new movie??? That is good, he had left us for so long and now coming back. He's given us a lovely drama to watch and now a movie. I can't wait.

funny... who do not want to act with him??? oh my gwad I would do anything to be in his arms :blink: and he won't bite ya....

~lin~ : I know what you mean..how could anyone not want to act with him? :lol: But I guess it's mostly due to his military service scandal before his enrollment. I guess some people aren't sure how Jang Hyuk will be received by the public after coming back from military.

Guest betchay

~lin~ : I know what you mean..how could anyone not want to act with him? :lol: But I guess it's mostly due to his military service scandal before his enrollment. I guess some people aren't sure how Jang Hyuk will be received by the public after coming back from military.

I heard that some actress red the story of THANK YOU and turned down the role coz its a big risk for them to act together with JANG HYUK OPPA coz of his military scandal, for sure whoever actress she is, <_< she did one of her mistake in her acting career coz THANK YOU was good in tv ratings and well loved by the viewers, well, of course one of the reasons why we liked TY its bcoz JH is so hot and handsome now, credit from his military training. :blush:

Guest puredasani

i heard that some actress red the story of THANK YOU and turned down the role coz its a big risk for them to act together with JANG HYUK OPPA coz of his military scandal, for sure whoever actress she is, she did now one of her mistake in her acting career coz THANK YOU was good in tv ratings and well loved by the viewers, well, of course one of the reasons why we liked TY its bcoz JH is so hot and handsome now, credit from his military training.

do u happen to remember what the scandel was at that time?