@Prettysup may I ask if you watched the whole FTLY and didn’t like it or you dropped the series somewhere along the way? If you watched it completely and still didn’t like it I guess it’s really not your cup of tea. Or perhaps because you’re one of his really longtime fans that’s why it’s jarring to see him as Lee Geon? I think I’d feel the same if that’s the case. I’m glad FTLY was my first! JH was a blank canvas for me and after FTLY I felt ready for anything.

Is it true that there are more action scenes in TWDR than Chuno? Is Iris 2 his most action-heavy drama? I liked his action scenes in TMWYS.

Also… who is ajincome?

@dramafan33 yes it’s me *covers my face* I completely agree that the FTLY feeling is hard to replicate, not just for JH’s series but for series with other leads as well.

@yoeda thank you so much for the Midas push! I can take the boring financial talk, I just wasn’t sure if his character is redeemable. But since it’s only ep 7 for me I guess there’s lots of room for improvement (still, the path to the turning point is bound to be a painful watch).

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Smoking hot. :kiss_wink: But did they over trim his eyebrows? :lol:

Is it the hair or what? They made him look girlie here.

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

Hello. I’m Jiyuu, a new Jang Hyuk fan :)

Welcome aboard! Have fun with us here. We're like a big extended family of JH, not necessarily talking about his projects all the time, we also talked about him as a person from top to toe, ie. from his hair to his toes to his eyebrow, etc...& we also disagree with each other :lol:

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I read through your entire long post,  you are with the mass majority here who love him after watching FTLY. I am the exception here who hated that show haha.

You forgot me! I'm also not a die hard fan of FTLY. I love the chemistry of the leads but the drama isn't my fav cup of tea esp the 2nd half of the show.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

But I already tried it, 2x? 3x?  I just found it too cringy for my haha. Maybe another day when the stars are aligned ...

Have you tried skipping? In which episode have you dropped it? 

@Jiyuu Nowadays I think Im considered an old-ish fan (Since 2012, first drama TWDR, and yes I think he was artificially tanned for that one. In Chuno he has a more natural and flattering tan) and yeah I found the first ep of FTLY super cringey lol but then I loved him even though I don’t normally go for romcom 

Dear @Prettysup is more into “injured heroes” and I think that’s LGs problem, he never got injured :P

Not to put her on the spot but the veteran in these parts is @yoeda She is a fan since SSBG right chingu? Now that’s a commitment! 

His action scenes are THE BEST in Chuno! Totally and absolutely mezmerizing. Please just at least give 2 eps of Chuno a chance. The last scene on ep 2 I believe, it’s just awesomeeee 

Midas, I liked the plot but I never truly warmed up to his character. However if you are interested in a story with a great redemption arc, I’d recommend Robber. His character starts out as pure scum but miraculously managed to make me forgive him. 

@budgerie We do! We disagree a lot lot! But that’s part of the charm of this little group :fullofhearts:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@dramafan33 I'm maybe a longgg fan but sometime I can be lazy. Not all of his show I could watch. lol. my taste also weird. I can't finish SOGC without skipping even he look hawt in last part of the drama but I can finish 50 episode of Gaekju and cry bucket over that. I think I need to rewatch SSBG to see if it still hold dear in my heart these day.:Megalol:

@Jiyuu in term of redeemable, DH is far redeemable compare to his other character in my opinion. I think Midas is the drama that he accept in SBS after all the SeGa chaos. Maybe to lower the blow.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

@Prettysup may I ask if you watched the whole FTLY and didn’t like it or you dropped the series somewhere along the way? If you watched it completely and still didn’t like it I guess it’s really not your cup of tea. Or perhaps because you’re one of his really longtime fans that’s why it’s jarring to see him as Lee Geon? I think I’d feel the same if that’s the case. I’m glad FTLY was my first! JH was a blank canvas for me and after FTLY I felt ready for anything.

I was not really a longtime fan when I first tried FTLY. I got to know him after Chuno and TWDR, then I went to try FTLY since I saw so many ppl raving about it.  I sort of fast-forwarded it after a few episodes, then jumped all the way to the end or something. Maybe as @dramafan33 said, it is because LG never get injured in the show haha.

• LOL 4

31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie We do! We disagree a lot lot! But that’s part of the charm of this little group

Hahaha, this shows we're still humans. If we all agree the same thing all the time, we're machines. :lol:

14 minutes ago, yoeda said:

@dramafan33 I'm maybe a longgg fan but sometime I can be lazy. Not all of his show I could watch. lol. my taste also weird. I can't finish SOGC without skipping even he look hawt in last part of the drama but I can finish 50 episode of Gaekju and cry bucket over that. I think I need to rewatch SSBG to see if it still hold dear in my heart these day.

I don't think your taste is weird. I think it's normal. IMO, it doesn't mean being a fan means we have to like all his drama. For one, I "hated" WOL. If I could vote his worst drama, WOL would be it.

I first watched him in SSBG but I didn't have any good impression of him then. I only started to "notice" him in TY because of the chemistry with the little girl.

Gaekju is 1 drama which I fast forwarded quite a bit. I couldn't stand the FL. I liked the 2nd FL doesn't matter her role.

I think I have liking for 2nd FL syndrome, it's also the same in SOGC, I liked Honey Lee more than the FL, whatever her role & I also liked Sera in FTLY more than JNR, whatever her role.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, corey said:

MF is very "tight" scriptwriting, namely there are no unnecessary scenes or characters, everyone contributes to the story and the story does not become something else two or three times throughout the drama.

Hey, I liked the way you describe MF. There are no unnecessary characters right? I think so ya...unlike some drama where certain characters we can do without. Hahaha! :tounge_wink:

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, @Jiyuu! Always fun to read a new fan's path to finding JH! You will notice that we are diverse here in out opinions- luckily JH's filmography is diverse enough to accomodate all of our different tastes! :lol:

What you wrote about missing JH's shows in your regular K drama viewing actually relates to a discussion we've been having here- we've been wondering why so many people miss JH's shows when they first come out. I've been seeing on twitter many similar comments to yours- people that say that only now, with the covid-19, that they started to watch JH's shows and they love it! And all of them said that they never even thought about watching his shows before. And I wonder why that is...

Could you share how you used to choose the shows to watch before COVID-19? Was it the promotion of the shows or was it from media reviews or viewer "best of" lists? I noticed that in those lists the shows that are usually mentioned are those with the highest ratings...  If you saw a mention of a JH show- do you remember what made you back then choose not to watch it?

I'm asking because I wasn't a k drama watcher before I saw FTLY. The show was recommended to me, I watched it, and eventually, loved it. Then I chose other shows of his, and eventually, after watching MF AND seeing the real him in The dragon club, I became a JH fan. After trying to watch other K Dramas, I realized I'm not a K drama fan, I'm a JH fan. So it's curious to me why, amongst K drama watcher, JH is not that popular.

As to Midas- Like @yoeda, I would recommend to you to continue watching it. I agree at first it was boring, but the plot of the second part is really good. Another thing about Midas is that JH said that he regretted how Midas ended up, which is why he agreed to do MF. He looked for a show similar to Midas and MF for him was an opportunity for a redo. I will say, that Midas's plot is better than MF's, but JH's performance in MF is way better! JH is mind blowing in MF! So I would suggest- finish midas, and then watch MF :) 

As to Chuno- I can say that Chuno is one of my least favorite JH shows. Not just because of the female character, but because of the entire plot. I admit that after the first episode I fast forwarded the show and watched only JH's part (what I also did in MC :D). JH is amazing in the show, it's just that I can't stand anything else in it...

As to the female lead, the director and writer in Chuno failed her. I don't think it was her fault how her character came out. I would actually recommend you watch her in Robbers. She was really good in it, and it's one of my favorite show. You spoke about JH's range? You will see it demonstrated in Robbers very nicely. Also- since you love FTLY, watching Robbers you might notice a lot of elements that JH tried out there, and then implemented in FTLY. I would say that it was his performance in Robbers that led to the brilliance of Lee gun.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@budgerie I think he start in my radar in SSBG maybe bc he not afraid to be ugly. At that time the WS and AiMH fever is big here. All male lead looking so beautiful but I don't gaga over them. Also his eye acting. There's one particular scene when he need to kneel in front of Jun Tae so he not to be jail. His eye there is so full of anger and tears but he very slowly get down on his knee. I really feel his resentment there. And when Yang Soon slap him and his single tears fall. At that time I decided he's my oppa. lol. And that dimple is a bonus. hahaha. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

@budgerie I think he start in my radar in SSBG maybe bc he not afraid to be ugly. At that time the WS and AiMH fever is big here. All male lead looking so beautiful but I don't gaga over them. Also his eye acting. There's one particular scene when he need to kneel in front of Jun Tae so he not to be jail. His eye there is so full of anger and tears but he very slowly get down on his knee. I really feel his resentment there. And when Yang Soon slap him and his single tears fall. At that time I decided he's my oppa. lol. And that dimple is a bonus. hahaha. 

Awww the single tear is my favorite scene in the entire drama. I liked Kitae when he was quiet (but that didn’t happen often :lol:) I could see JHs raw talent shining through in those quiet scenes. Despite being OTT in that drama, he has always had amazingly expressive eyes, To me that drama was like watching a telenovela. I thought it wasn’t very polished but enjoyable. I never got bored. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Someone blogged on Naver about meeting Hyuk and Yoo Oh sung filming in Gyeongpo. 

Naver blog post

Wait! Does this means that the noir movie is really happening?!  So did he finish filming the show for Yacht Expedition? 

What's the point in them putting out a weekly schedule for JH if it is never updated?! :blink:

Yesterday I saw this post, and it looks like the Yacht Expedition guys after filming, though you really can't see anything in the pics...

The translation of the caption:

#Yacht expedition #After shooting #Mokpo #Port carriage
#Janghyeok #Soyou #Choi Yeojin #Heo Kyunghwan
Your face is too small,. Hahaha
Jang Hyeok is nice ㅠㅠ You are so nice
16h

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFofKOj_bG/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wait! Does this means that the noir movie is really happening?!  So did he finish filming the show for Yacht Expedition? 

What's the point in them putting out a weekly schedule for JH if it is never updated?! :blink:

Yesterday I saw this post, and it looks like the Yacht Expedition guys after filming, though you really can't see anything in the pics...

The translation of the caption:

#Yacht expedition #After shooting #Mokpo #Port carriage
#Janghyeok #Soyou #Choi Yeojin #Heo Kyunghwan
Your face is too small,. Hahaha
Jang Hyeok is nice ㅠㅠ You are so nice
16h

I have no idea too. Maybe they started filming it earlier on. And so this week  they are completing the last part of the filming. Anyway, it is a different concept from the first season so i guess they may not need to shoot continuously for days?

I don't think the weekly schedule has everything he does. 

I saw the IG post too.

The captions reads "Heo Kyunghwan's face is too small. Jang Hyuk is so handsome. You're so nice." The 4th and 5th picture looked like Hyuk, judging from the cap that Hyuk loves to wear. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I have no idea too. Maybe they started filming it earlier on. And so this week  they are completing the last part of the filming. Anyway, it is a different concept from the first season so i guess they may not need to shoot continuously for days?

I think the show will have two parts- the yachting license part, and then I guess they will go on a continuous sail between islands. They said along the coast, right? so I'm guessing the sailing part will not be 21 days, like they wanted to do in the first season- so maybe two weeks, something like that?

I saw the IG post too.

The 4th and 5th picture looked like Hyuk, judging from the cap that Hyuk loves to wear. 

The captions reads "Heo Kyunghwan's face is too small. Jang Hyuk is so handsome. You're so nice." The 4th and 5th picture looked like Hyuk, judging from the cap that Hyuk loves to wear.

Ok, it's official! google translate doesn't know how to deal with Korean :) what site do you use for the translation?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the show will have two parts- the yachting license part, and then I guess they will go on a continuous sail between islands. They said along the coast, right? so I'm guessing the sailing part will not be 21 days, like they wanted to do in the first season- so maybe two weeks, something like that?

Ok, it's official! google translate doesn't know how to deal with Korean :) what site do you use for the translation?

I think you might be right since the show is called Yacht expedition : The beginning. So I guess it will be not as tough as the first season? Maybe more interesting.

I use papago app. It can translate Korean text on images. Papago website works well too , as recommended by @Prettysup

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Someone blogged on Naver about meeting Hyuk and Yoo Oh sung filming in Gyeongpo. 

Naver blog post

Can't access this Naver post, can screenshot or copy paste the Korean words here?

45 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I saw the IG post too.

Actually the captions didnt say Heo Kyunghwan face is small. It actually hash-tagged all their names and Heo's name was the last one. Then the last sentence was by itself reading "They're saying your face is too small. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Jang Hyuk is so handsome. You're so nice."

Yeah I love Papago

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Can't access this Naver post, can screenshot or paste the Korean words?

how about this link?

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/cafes/cge80/articles/776764?useCafeId=false&query=장혁&buid=41c14b87-67e5-4a31-9704-78f0d279eb1c&art=ZXh0ZXJuYWwtc2VydmljZS1uYXZlci1ldGMtZm9yLWNvbW1lbnQ.eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjYWZlVHlwZSI6IkNBRkVfSUQiLCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOjc3Njc2NCwiaXNzdWVkQXQiOjE2MDIyMzM3OTExNjgsImNhZmVJZCI6MTQwNjU0ODB9.ijIABak3wZJ2Jru1GSZ9yQ7TsK3IvrmLSquBhaEVdcA

One of the comments is "I heard that you are shooting a movie in Gangneung for over a month. Jang Hyuk, you're the main character."

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually the captions didnt say Heo Kyunghwan face is small. It actually hash-tagged all their names and Heo's name was the last one. Then the last sentence was by itself reading "They're saying your face is too small. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Jang Hyuk is so handsome. You're so nice."

Hahaha! I see. Sorry Heo Kyung Hwang.

Why does my papago website does a lousier translation job?  :smashes:

Please help translate the Naver blog and see if I have misinterpreted it too..

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

how about this link?

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/cafes/cge80/articles/776764?useCafeId=false&query=장혁&buid=41c14b87-67e5-4a31-9704-78f0d279eb1c&art=ZXh0ZXJuYWwtc2VydmljZS1uYXZlci1ldGMtZm9yLWNvbW1lbnQ.eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjYWZlVHlwZSI6IkNBRkVfSUQiLCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOjc3Njc2NCwiaXNzdWVkQXQiOjE2MDIyMzM3OTExNjgsImNhZmVJZCI6MTQwNjU0ODB9.ijIABak3wZJ2Jru1GSZ9yQ7TsK3IvrmLSquBhaEVdcA

One of the comments is "I heard that you are shooting a movie in Gangneung for over a month. Jang Hyuk, you're the main character."

Hahaha! I see. Sorry Heo Kyung Hwang.

Why does my papago website does a lousier translation job?  

Please help translate the Naver blog and see if I have misinterpreted it too..

Yeah this link works, thanks. Sometimes u just have to split the words at the right places to get the right translations.

Translation says :

Shooting a Gyeongpo movie?

Is there a movie shooting in Gyoengpo?
It was noisy passing by.

What did he take?

One of the comments below says:

I heard that they were shooting a movie in Gangneung for over a month, Jang Hyuk and Yu Oh-seong are the main characters

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 4