Today the news reported that JTBC's new historical drama 'My Country', has confirmed its female lead to be AOA's Seolhyun, the love interest of the 2 male leads Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan.

Jang Hyuk had earlier been reported to play the role of Yi Bang-won in this drama. It will start filming in March, and to be broadcast in second half of 2019.

Does this mean it is going to be a pre-produced drama?

http://www.sportalkorea.com/butterfly/view.php?gisa_uniq=201902200754773688

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk confirmed to star in 'My Country' , once again transformed into Yi Bang-won 

According to Jang Hyuk's agency sidusHQ, Jang Hyuk has confirmed his appearance in JTBC drama 'My Country' (directed by Kim Jin-won), adding a strong presence to the drama with a bloody fight.

The drama 'My Country' is an action historical drama based on the Goryeo and early Joseon dynasties. A work that explores the desires of power and loyalty to the country when opposing beliefs and values fight against each other. The names of director Kim Jin-won and writer Chae Seung-yong  are also raising the expectations of the drama.

In the drama, Jang Hyuk will take on the role of Yi Bang won, a character who was engaged in a lonely battle after being denied of his contributions to the country and stripped of the crown prince’s title. He will show intense charisma with his acclaimed acting skills and anticipated action scenes. 

Earlier in the movie 'Empire of Lust' which was released in 2015, Jang Hyuk had also played the character Yi Bang-won, where he portrayed a sexy charisma character different from his previous image. Thus there is a growing expectation of his second portrayal of the character. 

Jang Hyuk said, "The whole composition of the work is exciting, and the story is also interesting. This is the second time I am playing the character after ‘Empire of Lust’, I hope to present a different charm of the antagonist this time. It has been a long time since I act in a historical drama, hope that everyone will look forward to this, thank you very much. "

On the other hand, JTBC 'My Country' is scheduled to be broadcasted in the second half of 2019. 

201902211016214110_1.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201902211016214110

• Like 2

Soompi article

Jang Hyuk Joins Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, And Seolhyun In Upcoming JTBC Drama

da81711c3cbc4058a05b76618489f1a8.jpeg?s=

On February 21, Sidus HQ Entertainment revealed that Jang Hyuk has confirmed his appearance in JTBC’s new historical drama “My Country” (literal title). The drama takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty.

Previously, it was confirmed that Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan, and Seolhyun will also star in the drama.

Jang Hyuk will be taking on the role of Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo dynasty to begin the Joseon dynasty. While he was expected to become the successor to the throne for his contribution to the founding of Joseon, his father shows favor to his half-brother instead. Thus, Lee Bang Won begins his lonely journey to become the crowned prince.

Jang Hyuk responded to the casting news, “The overall development of the drama fascinated me. The story is also interesting. This is my second time taking on the role of Lee Bang Won after the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” This time, I would like to portray a different side of the antagonist.”

“My Country” is scheduled to premiere in the second half of this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1305211wpp/jang-hyuk-joins-yang-se-jong-woo-do-hwan-and-seolhyun-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama

• Like 2

My account has been locked! Anyway the reset password did the trick. :)

And wow. So glad JH confirmed to join My Country. I wanted to see him again in a sageuk. And I think is the first time for him to be an antagonist in a TV series? I'm so looking forward to this!

Urban Cops episode 6 still not uploaded on any drama sites. :bawling:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

My account has been locked! Anyway the reset password did the trick. :)

And wow. So glad JH confirmed to join My Country. I wanted to see him again in a sageuk. And I think is the first time for him to be an antagonist in a TV series? I'm so looking forward to this!

Urban Cops episode 6 still not uploaded on any drama sites. :bawling:

I think a couple of us had this problem with the password tooz

Welcome back :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Does this means he is not the lead actor or something? Don’t really mind but would like to know what to expect.

Yeah he is not the lead, he is the antagonist this time. I am wondering whether his face will be even in the poster or not??

9 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Yes it is the first time! 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Oh no. Not out? I thought I saw some Eng subs via IG?

Ya..it's not out yet..maybe the one on IG is ep5.

I love what he said in this old interview. Maybe that's why he doesn't mind taking on certain roles he likes even though he may not be the lead..

And his guiding principle for being a good sunbae everytime.. 

• Like 3