@Biology Lesson @corey If you guys ever find a trip JH made to California, USA years ago. That program was amaaaaazingggg! Viki had it subtitled but then they pulled it. I have not been able to find it again but it was such a great trip, it was JH alone, only talking with the person filming who was really good. JH was really comfortable and he was allowed to talk and make observations all he wanted. This is the interview that allowed me to “see” his true self for the first time. I loved one interesting/childlike observation he made when he was looking at the sea lions and he said, I suppose all sea lions from all parts of the world speak the same language right? Wouldn’t that be great if we (humans) were the same? That was so adorable! He said is so casually, like a kid and it was also kinda deep imo but not pretentious. That’s just how he is. I think that’s when I fell in love with him. I used to say what @corey said, because I rarely ever cared about celebrities in real life or personal life, but JH is an exception. I don’t care to know about his private life (and he doesn’t want us to care either) but I care about him, his thoughts, etc. He is an interesting guy, if one pays attention. But yes I remember the time when I was content to just admire his acting and characters (because he is that good, it could be enough) but Gumi kinda forced me to pay attention to the behind the scenes person too and that only made me like him more (although I was initially surprised at the contrast with his on screen persona) Another good interview to watch is his appearance in “Healing camp” 

Besides IG, I invite you to explore my blog Stuck on Hyuk, there are some old interviews translated by Gumi that were very interesting. 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/category/interviews/

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Besides IG, I invite you to explore my blog Stuck on Hyuk, there are some old interviews translated by Gumi that were very interesting. 

yes the good old stuck on Hyuk blog! I spent so much time there reading the articles and postings after watching Money Flower lol. 

another good fangirl  article too @corey

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2013/04/19/admiring-ogling-jang-hyuk/#more-2705

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson @corey If you guys ever find a trip JH made to California, USA years ago. That program was amaaaaazingggg! Viki had it subtitled but then they pulled it. I have not been able to find it again but it was such a great trip, it was JH alone, only talking with the person filming who was really good. JH was really comfortable and he was allowed to talk and make observations all he wanted. This is the interview that allowed me to “see” his true self for the first time. I loved one interesting/childlike observation he made when he was looking at the sea lions and he said, I suppose all sea lions from all parts of the world speak the same language right? Wouldn’t that be great if we (humans) were the same? That was so adorable! He said is so casually, like a kid and it was also kinda deep imo but not pretentious. That’s just how he is.

I have seen it online, but the subs are in Chinese I think, so I haven't watched it... This is the first part posted on YouTube

Another good interview to watch is his appearance in “Healing camp” 

That's a great interview, and it actually was uploaded with eng subs, but for some reason it was pulled.. 

Yep, great site very informative! :) 

Until we get the episode with subs, I saw some pics and clips from today's episode and JH seem to have been extra cute in it :) Even more than usual. The production actually put a puppy picture behind him when he was smiling after failing to recognize a soup(?!) Strange game...  All in all it looks like the guys were having fun- 

I will leave you with that image for now :) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

:heart2:The chinese subs to Hometown Flex is out at http://www.bilibili.com/video/av243798255

But what about the English ones?! :tears: I saw there is a TV channel that will be also airing the show, and that channel is in English...  

6 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

aww so jealous maybe i should look it up in viet at this rate.  Lol, the part where girl got his autograph was funny.  Who would of thought of all his dramas bc of WOL.

Why was the girl getting his autograph funny? I noticed they were laughing at that and couldn't understand why...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But what about the English ones?! :tears: I saw there is a TV channel that will be also airing the show, and that channel is in English...  

Why was the girl getting his autograph funny? I noticed they were laughing at that and couldn't understand why...

I haven't seen any for English yet.

She left and went away when he stood up.  They joke it look like he was using his martial arts and scare her away.

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I haven't seen any for English yet.

She left and went away when he stood up.  They joke it look like he was using his martial arts and scare her away.

Looking at JH in the show, I was trying to find a way to define him... I mean he is so smiley and laid back, and so quirky, that he makes everyone around him smile at him softly. And then I'm trying to think how that guy manages to produce this guy?

The Hometown flex show looks like fun, but, I guess like @corey,  I'd much rather see JH in more professional shows, where it's OK for him to be serious and maybe show a bit more of the real intense him. I'd love it if in the next show he does, his work process will be documented. I'd love to see that...

Oh, and by the way, the other variety show that JH filmed is called Giant Veteran, and essentially it's about a group of celebrities trying to lose weight. I guess they came to JH's gym to train with him. That show doesn't have subs, from what I saw... 

If this is how they train, I don't see them losing weight any time soon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee Seung Gi And Cha Tae Hyun Meet Up With Lee Si Eon, Simon Dominic, And Jang Hyuk To Explore Their Hometown Of Busan

Jul 13, 2020
by S. Cho

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun explored the city of Busan with Simon Dominic, Jang Hyuk, and Lee Si Eon on “Hometown Flex”!

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” is a new variety program that follows Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun around various cities in Korea as they meet up with celebrities who grew up there to help introduce them to the area.

On the July 12 premiere, Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun took the KTX to Busan Station where they met up with Busan locals Simon Dominic, Jang Hyuk, and Lee Si Eon. The producing director (PD) explained the program to them saying, “‘Hometown Flex’ is a variety program where local representatives take Seoul natives around various cities and show off what the cities have to offer.”

The Busan natives were asked to speak in their Busan dialect and Jang Hyuk explained, “It’s awkward. I used to use it really well, but after living in Seoul for 26 years, my dialect ends up turning into Seoul speech.” He continued, “The Busan dialect depends on your generation. Once you learn the emotion, you get the feel for it.” Simon Dominic jokingly commented, “How can you explain the dialect so well…when you aren’t very good at it?”

Jang Hyuk later suggested pork and rice soup for their first meal, and the group headed off to his favorite restaurant. However, they were surprised by the producers’ sudden proposal of a competition, with only the winning team being able to eat, making Simon Dominic comment, “If I knew it was like this, I wouldn’t have joined this program.”

Despite having suggested the restaurant, Jang Hyuk got the first quiz wrong, and only Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun were given the chance to eat.

15.jpg

After eating, the group officially began their trip around Busan. Simon Dominic shared, “I didn’t know much while living in Busan. I never went to Haeundae and didn’t really go to the Gwangan beach, but after working in Seoul, I began to miss Busan.”

Their first stop was Taejongdae, a natural park in Busan with cliffs overlooking the sea. Despite the heat warning, Jang Hyuk insisted on a hot latte, and Lee Seung Gi commented with a laugh, “I feel so secure going with locals.” However, as they strenuously climbed the steps, Cha Tae Hyun exclaimed, “I’m not letting you guys get away with this if the view isn’t amazing.”

For lunch, the producers gave them a mission to get chopsticks from the store on the cliff. With a three-set seafood meal on the line, the Seoul team won once again. They even won the next mission and teased the Busan team by saying, “We want to stop eating. We’re so full.”

Through a special opportunity, Simon Dominic finally got to eat, and he suggested that Jang Hyuk and Lee Si Eon eat with him. While they were eating, Lee Si Eon talked about his admiration for Jang Hyuk while growing up, sharing, “I really wanted to become like you. In my neighborhood, there were always so many rumors about you having lived there.”

After visiting a cafe overlooking the Yeongdo District at Lee Si Eon’s request, the group head to the Pusan National University Station. Simon Dominic explained his connection with the place saying, “When I was in 8th grade, I went to a live bar in Busan,” crediting the owner there for getting him into breakdancing and rap.

The live bar turned into a non-alcoholic nightclub one day, and Simon Dominic shared that he stopped visiting. He also talked about always practicing his rap under the bridge beside Busan Station, and he put on a performance of “Simon Dominic,” which he created in his hometown.

After a mini fan sign under the bridge, Simon Dominic visited the club where he ran into the bar owner he mentioned earlier. Seeing him for the first time in 20 years, he honestly revealed, “When I was younger, I was so upset that the live bar turned into a non-alcoholic nightclub.”

Greeting many others from his past for the first time in 20 years, Simon Dominic shed some tears one of the part-time workers at the time commented, “I still remember clearly the Ki Seok (Simon Dominic’s birth name) who opened the door and walked in.”

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” airs on Sundays at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1412374wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-cha-tae-hyun-meet-up-with-lee-si-eon-simon-dominic-and-jang-hyuk-to-explore-their-hometown-of-busan

• Thanks 1

I have to say, the more I'm seeing clips of Hometown Flex, the more CTH is annoying me. He's literally acting like JH is embarrassing him, but at the same time makes it a point to embarrass JH <_<. This is not the first time I'm seeing this behavior from him... JH has the patience of a saint! 

• Unamused 2

43 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have to say, the more I'm seeing clips of Hometown Flex, the more CTH is annoying me. He's literally acting like JH is embarrassing him, but at the same time makes it a point to embarrass JH <_<. This is not the first time I'm seeing this behavior from him... JH has the patience of a saint! 

Wait did you watch with sub already?  Can you send me english sub if you find it because sometime translation can be off.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Wait did you watch with sub already?  Can you send me english sub if you find it because sometime translation can be off.

I haven't seen with English sub yet. I'm waiting like you :)  It's just from the clips we've seen already. I don't need translation to see that CTH is making fun of JH... I guess it's the same problem I had with their appearances in Family outing and The dragon club. That a lot of the humor is to make fun of people, and, more specifically, JH. Also, I don't like the games they played in Hometown flex, without preparing the guests "if you don't win, you don't get to eat"... They play that a lot in variety shows, don't they? I guess this is why JH said in one of the clips that the show is cruel...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I haven't seen with English sub yet. I'm waiting like you :)  It's just from the clips we've seen already. I guess it's the same problem I had with their appearances in Family outing and The dragon club. That a lot of the humor is to make fun of people, and, more specifically, JH. Also, I don't like the games they played in Hometown flex, without preparing the guests "if you don't win, you don't get to eat"... They play that a lot in variety shows, don't they? I guess this is why JH said in one of the clips that the show is cruel...

Yea they do play that a lot in more active and funny shows.  I'm not surprise because when I first read the description it did say there would be games.  JH may fit better with 3 Meals a Day.  It's more relax and guest don't do much unless they want to and he can learn.  The new show House on Wheels has guy he kiss feet with in Chuno also relaxing and just nice chitchat.

They tease him, but like with fan signing as you can see like his Busan dongsaeng also comforted him when fan first left.  One gave him massage and other touch his arm.   

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea they do play that a lot in more active and funny shows.  I'm not surprise because when I first read the description it did say there would be games.  JH may fit better with 3 Meals a Day.  It's more relax and guest don't do much unless they want to and he can learn.  The new show House on Wheels has guy he kiss feet with in Chuno also relaxing and just nice chitchat.

It's funny, I just saw a link to 3 Meals a Day, and that's exactly what I thought- that that might be a better show for JH. I saw one episode of that and it seems really mellow and allows the participants to talk. The other show also sounds nice, JH likes that guy too... Any show that doesn't have CTH or Jong Kook would be just fine with me... 

12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

They tease him, but like with fan signing as you can see like his Busan dongsaeng also comforted him when fan first left.  One gave him massage and other touch his arm.   

Oh, I actually didn't have a problem with the rest of the guys, I especially liked the dynamics between the Busan guys. They look to have connected really fast.  I also noticed how nice they were in that bit :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The fact that they are starving our JH is particularly cruel because its him and we know how much our boy loves to eat! And these are his hometown meals! Ugh nonononono I protest the concept of this show! :smashes:

Exactly! That was what I was thinking- they are getting between JH and his food! How dare they!! You can see the look on his face- it literally hurt me to see! :tears: I remember the time in Real men in which JH's team lost, and Park Hyung-sik insisted on feeding JH, because how can you allow JH to remain hungry?! That's just cruel...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

More lovely screencaps of him
Pics-Art-07-13-10-14-11.jpg

Even though the games and CTH annoyed me, these screen caps make it worth it... How can a man his age have lips like that?!

Also, it seems like JH was in the top 5 naver hot search yesterday, I guess that's good too :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCleDfbpq4u/

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes I agree with you. CTH & KJK seemed annoying to me. IDK if it's because of they have to make the show "interesting" or it's just them by nature to be noisy, but both have annoyed me quite to the max. Not only is KJK annoying & noisy in DB, he's also noisy & over doing it in RM. To me, I feel that CTH is somehow "jealous" of the attention that JH is getting without even trying. CTH always try to "laugh it off" with that laugh of his whenever JH tries to speak. It's like cutting him off. This happened couple of times in that programme (as usual, I can't remember the title) where the BPP cast were in the interview. Few times JH tried to speak but was cut off by CTH laugh or by CTH cutting him off from his speech. It also happened in DB as well & the other variety show which I cannot remember title, the one that has KJK & CTH together. Family outing is the name is it?

The reason why I'm not watching this new variety show is because of CTH. I hate his annoying onscreen behaviour. Ok I give him the benefit of the doubt, I say it's his onscreen behaviour because IDK him off screen but his onscreen behaviour is annoying to the max.

As usual, JH just accept the teasing & all sorts. He's just being a gentleman. Imagine losing his cool onscreen would invite many unnecessary remarks & attacks. Not forgetting that CTH also has many supporters & is looked upon as one of the top "presenter" or whatever you call it...tv host? Plus not wanting to sour a long time friendship too.

And I have to say AGAIN that I hate this background. :confused:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes I agree with you. CTH & KJK seemed annoying to me. IDK if it's because of they have to make the show "interesting" or it's just them by nature to be noisy, but both have annoyed me quite to the max. Not only is KJK annoying & noisy in DB, he's also noisy & over doing it in RM. To me, I feel that CTH is somehow "jealous" of the attention that JH is getting without even trying. CTH always try to "laugh it off" with that laugh of his whenever JH tries to speak. It's like cutting him off. This happened couple of times in that programme (as usual, I can't remember the title) where the BPP cast were in the interview. Few times JH tried to speak but was cut off by CTH laugh or by CTH cutting him off from his speech. It also happened in DB as well & the other variety show which I cannot remember title, the one that has KJK & CTH together. Family outing is the name is it?

The reason why I'm not watching this new variety show is because of CTH. I hate his annoying onscreen behaviour. Ok I give him the benefit of the doubt, I say it's his onscreen behaviour because IDK him off screen but his onscreen behaviour is annoying to the max.

As usual, JH just accept the teasing & all sorts. He's just being a gentleman. Imagine losing his cool onscreen would invite many unnecessary remarks & attacks. Not forgetting that CTH also has many supporters & is looked upon as one of the top "presenter" or whatever you call it...tv host? Plus not wanting to sour a long time friendship too.

And I have to say AGAIN that I hate this background. :confused:

Ok, now that I watched it in English, some of the reactions I kind of get. 

JH does say some stuff that are pretty unique and the Busan's boys are not even sure about like getting more sleepy in Busan.

When they talked about him having a kid's taste bud.  I kind of think of his hotdogs. 

@Biology Lesson yea oppa was thinking of a relaxing vacation kind of show only to be surprise.  Hopefully, he'll win more in the next eps.  I thought the Busan's loyalty was admirable and cute.  

• Like 4