5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk in talks to appear in new JTBC's historical drama 'My Country',

He is in talks to act the role of Yi Bang-won (the same character he played in movie Empire of Lust). This drama had earlier confirmed Yang Se-jong and Woo Do hwan as its leads. Actress Seolhyun was also reported to be in talks for its female lead.

Previous articles about the other actors :

1. https://www.soompi.com/article/1279717wpp/yang-se-jong-confirmed-appear-upcoming-historical-drama

2. https://www.soompi.com/article/1280475wpp/woo-hwan-confirmed-join-yang-se-jong- ew-drama

3. https://www.soompi.com/article/1286849wpp/aoas-seolhyun-talks-new-drama-yang-se-jong-woo-hwan

Huh.  It doesn't really matter to me whether he's in a lead role or not if the drama is good, but while the two male leads are decent actors, they are young and don't have any experience in sagueks and the writer is questionable. This wasn't quite what I had in mind when I said I wanted him to do a cable drama. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, qynn said:

Huh.  It doesn't really matter to me whether he's in a lead role or not if the drama is good, but while the two male leads are decent actors, they are young and don't have any experience in sagueks and the writer is questionable. This wasn't quite what I had in mind when I said I wanted him to do a cable drama. 

I think he likes the character - LBW right ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, qynn said:

I remembered Yang Se-jong said he was a big fan of Jang Hyuk. Maybe he got invited to this role because of this reason? Maybe it will be a special appearance or something? Or maybe he got inspired by Kim Sang Joong who won the daesang despite being a supporting role in The Rebel ? So many questions haha... anyway as long as he enjoys what is doing, I guess it is fine. 

• Like 4

Well, there goes my wish - Hyukie in a sageuk! It's alright if he's not the main lead as long as he is happy with what he's doing. I just hope the writer would not waste his talent. But nothing is confirmed yet anyway.

• Like 3

Soompi article :

Jang Hyuk In Talks To Join Yang Se Jong And Woo Do Hwan In Historical Drama

Jang Hyuk is in talks for a new historical drama!

Recently media outlets reported that the actor had confirmed his casting in the JTBC historical action drama, “My Country” (working title).

On January 16, his agency, SidusHQ, stated, “Jang Hyuk has received a casting offer from JTBC’s new historical drama and he is positively reviewing it.”

If he accepts the offer, he will be playing the role of Lee Bang Won, the prince who helped his father overthrow the Goryeo dynasty and begin the Joseon dynasty. He would later become known as King Taejong, the father of King Sejong the Great.

Both Yang Se Jong and Woo Do Hwan have confirmed their roles in the drama, which takes place between the end of the Goryeo dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon dynasty. Yang Se Jong plays the son of a general and Woo Do Hwan plays an aspiring military officer who is hampered by his background as an illegitimate son.

AOA’s Seolhyun is also in talks for the role of the female lead.

dd7980dc883c4fa3ba8a01adf6b4baa0.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293735wpp/jang-hyuk-talks-join-yang-se-jong-woo-hwan-historical-drama

• Like 3

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

More on his co stars in The country 

Awww. I love how these rising stars look up to him. He definitely is an amazing actor. I bet they will be looking forward to working with him to learn more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

First time I get to know of this 'doorway pull-up bar', and it seems pretty easy to fix and cheap too.

Ya..I used to have one fixed at home which my brother used for exercising. ..So tough!! And he used it like this! Even harder!! 

IMG-20190118-125655-710.jpg

• Like 3