i like him in Succesful story of bright girl, such a spoil wealthy kid. arrogant and beast...about that pink, yeah.. i like him in pink..he suits pink very well...

wish i could meet him in person.

anybody here who meet him, please send my warmest hug to him... :D

Guest betchay

wow.... i like him in pink. he has a good complexion thats why the color suits him. i still remember his pink top in episode 14, oh he's so goodlooking

Guest Wynter

he's looking good in pink...

He looks good. Full stop! :D Thanks for the pics and the interview, o-cha! Hope someone can translate the interview soon. I love hearing from him!

Guest kaonamp

He looks amazing in PINK and only a few guy can pull off that color. O-cha thanks so much for the pictures and his interview. Really wishing someone would translate it for the rest of us.

Guest o-cha

guys...I'll try working on the translation this weekend. No guarantees though since my Korean is pretty sucky....hehehe. He is indeed one of the few guys who can pull off wearing pink without looking the least bit feminine.

In the meantime Jang Hyuk appearing in a Japanese magazine 'Broccoli'. He is wearing clothes designed by a Korean designer Kim Seo Ryong.

credit: acejanghyuk.com

japmagazine.jpg

Guest betchay

thanks O-cha for the pictures. he likes to wear white pants too, he wore mostly white pants in THANK YOU, maybe coz he's a doctor there. he's so so gooodlooking.

Waaaaa, :w00t:o-cha, thanks for the news and the pictures. He looks good. And the interview seems interesting as well (from how serious he looks). Thanks for trying to translate it. I luuuuuvvvv you!!! Muakss.

Guest juhjuh

He actually looks hotter now, coming back from the army <3

I've just downloaded the whole series of "Thank You".

Can't wait to watch it ^^

o-cha, thank you for the pics!

That third pic is too yummy for me to handle! xD

Guest o-cha

Another article (not the one posted above). This one is from 05/29/2007.

http://www.film2.co.kr/people/people_final.asp?mkey=2814

news and photo credit: Film 2.0

film2.jpg

film2-1.jpg

Thank You For All

translation credit : tt,hope and sylvia @ acejanghyuk.com

Film 2.0 Interview with Jang Hyuk, 5/29/07

Part 1

Can the words said in a telephone interview be so appropriate? Jang Hyuk discovered hopes in the drama Thank You, which narrated the likelihood for warm fairy tales to exist in the adult world. Jang

Hyuk shared his recent thoughts after filming the drama.

Reporter Kim Hye Sun: Were you that thin originally?

Jang Hyuk: I've been like that since before. Not much change in weight.

Kim: But you seem to have lost much weight

Jang: After military service, I got some changes in my body. (Smile)

I speak less too. Now, I'll feel embarrassed in interviews. In the past, in particular, at the end of the 'Volcano High' press conference, when the reporters started to leave, I used to grab them and ask, "Where are you going? I haven't talked enough yet." I can't believe how I could do it before.

Kim: Your drama after military service, 'Thank You', a pure fairy tale for the grown-ups, was well received and gained much support. Invitations for interviews were flooding in. How could you manage to keep yourself in the island filming?

Jang: The entire island was a filming spot. We filmed for the whole day. Therefore, it's hard to do something except filming. After filming the drama, I would do whatever I should do. Anyway, I went to the army under unfavorable situation (due to illegal exemption). This is my first comeback project after I returned to society. I had no choice but to devote to the drama wholeheartedly. It's impossible for me to spare time for interviews or any other things in the midst of shooting. I had no spare time.

Kim: Min Ki Seo of 'Thank You' was a doctor who experienced sorrow. He was exhausted but still embraced hopes; felt helpless but wanted be forgiven for mistakes made. The role shared similar personality and experience as you. Is this the reason for you to accept the project?

Jang: Well, this is not exactly true. To me, it's just partially correct. I like 'Thank You' because it's about 'family'. I like the character of Min Ki Seo, but my favorite role in the drama is Young Sin, acted by Kong Hyo Jin. Though Min Ki Seo gave me a feeling of starting anew, I think the feeling of starting anew is more matched with Young Sin's personality. Young Sin is a person who believes in hopes. She let people see her toughness when facing life. She cherished all of her possessions without any unrealistic aspirations. She lived genuinely. As for Kim Ki Seo, I saw it just as an actor. This drama let you feel hopeful and Young Sin's personality brought people hopes. Thus, Young Sin's role was more impressive to me. If I were a woman, I would certainly choose to act Young Sin.

Kim: When the broadcast of 'The Ivory Tower' ended and 'Thank You' began, this drama is also about doctors and related stories from the hospital. I thought, "why doctors again?" (Smile), although it's of

different dimensions, different characters and different stories.

Jang: It was a drama about interpersonal relations. More specifically, the theme is related to serious family issues. But it shows you that people could live happily and peacefully even under hardships. The author Lee Kyung Hee wanted to examine people's bias towards AIDS too.

Kim: In the end, 'Thank You' created a more prominent image for the actor Jang Hyuk than that before his military service. You must have been very prudential in selecting your project after army discharge. So, what changes did 'Thank You' bring to you?

Jang: It should be feelings like this. Here is coffee. Those who know about coffee will hesitate in making choices. Should I pick this or try another flavor? But people who haven't been able to taste coffee for a period of time would think: I would be satisfied as long as I can drink coffee, regardless of the flavor. Though it'ss just a drink, it's very meaningful to them. In any case it's my

comeback project. Although I did something similar to before, but it's very meaningful to me.

Kim: 'Thank You' made me feel that I met very warm people. What do you think?

Jang: 'Thank You' is a story like the one in 'the Guest of the Boarding House' (a Korean novel). It is likely because of the host mother Young Sin and her daughter Bom (daughter's name in the drama), and because Ki Seo came from Seoul and stayed at Young Sin's house. These are similar to the novel. Ki Seo is also similar to the main character in the novel. Ki Seo is also like Ok Hee (the daughter of the boarding house, in the novel). He himself became another Ok Hee after he had met someone and experienced a broader world than the one he had understood. And then he gave his experience to Bom. Ki Seo didn't have good interpersonal relations. Only his deceased girl friend could communicate with him. He met Bom, Young Sin and the residents on the island under this dilemma.

Later he opened his heart and became a man pursuing hopes. I thought only 'eyes' can express it. Script lines are important. But I thought how to express the world and the people Ki Seo sees through my eyes was the most important. The look from those who means a lot to me is different from the look from passing-by strangers. I tried to show Ki Seo's reactions when he interacted with people by changing eye expressions.

Kim: You are right. Without the power of eyes, a smile will be indistinct. When seeing [you] on the screen, we used to feel burdened. But now in 'Thank You' we don't feel like that anymore. This is the major change.

Jang: The reason is that everybody has changed. A few more years later if you interview me again, it might be different again.

Kim: Despite that you have had a good comeback after the two-year military service, it is now a difficult time for Korean movies. However, you already have two movies to film, right?

Jang: The first thing I wanted to do after military service was to make a movie. I anticipated very much to act in a film noir [noir is black in French; film noir may mean a kind of hong kong action

movies]. The burdened feeling you just mentioned, I feel the same way. It is like when in your 20s, you don't know what to wear. What is the right clothing for me? You have to try several times to know the right choice. However, if an actor only cares about changing his clothes while wasting his time without any improvements, he will be defined as such. However, I have kept going. I do not end an experience with a period mark. I leave a "..." mark and then move on. When in my 20s, I went through such a process. Now I'm in the 30s. I have my own idea of the theme [of a movie]. I want to show the act of a real man or a character who strives to live under a circumstance. While I was waiting for such a movie, I saw the script of 'Thank You' by accident. Then I decided to act in the TV drama first. Now that I have taken off the 'Thank You' clothes, it's time to change. I do not want to put on the same clothing that I had worn before.

Kim: So your next movie will be 'Beastie Boys' by Director Yoon Jong-bin who worked with Ha Jung-woo before?

Jang: Should be! I'm studying the character and discussing with the director now. The role in 'Thank You' is entirely different from that of 'Beastie Boys.'

Kim: But the main character of 'Beasties Boys' is a host boy.

Jang: Ki Seo in “Thank You” is a man looking for hope. The host boy in “Beastie Boys” is one who wanted to look for hope, but gave up when his hope was deprived. This is the main difference. There are people who go on living even though they are aware of the reality and know their wishes are unlikely to come true, aren’t there? I have joined this movie because I want to tell such a story. I have many feelings to express. For people who accept me, this may not be an interesting role. But this is the reason I have chosen this movie. Based on the feelings I have for starting again in my 30s, I wish to demonstrate all my capabilities. Another reason is that I have seen Director Yoon’s “The Unforgiven.” I believe his movies are very down to earth.

Kim: Is life in the military very down to earth?

Jang: Seeing my life after the service, I know that my military experience was very interesting. My relations with peers and superiors were all like that: there is consistency, just like in a movie. And they all have their own personalities. The stage [in the military] was big. I can move from here to there. I wondered whether it was because of the lighting system. But I wanted to do it once. So I was playing a character whose name was Jang Hyuk and kept growing. I also wanted to be recognized. Recognition seems very important for an actor. There are many fascinating and great movies filmed by Choi Min-shik. However, how significant <Failan, a Korean movie> weighed in his career as an actor!

Part 2 translation hasn't been posted yet. I'll post here once it is available.

Guest betchay

thank you O-cha for the pictures and translations of his interviews. he's so handsome! looking forward for the part II of it. thanks again...

Guest lilolee

thanks for the translation. JH...definitely a great actor and real handsome. Hope to see him in more dramas! Like "Thank You" so much...

Guest nadhura

thanks o-cha for the translations

Reading that, he seems soo much mature and wiser now after his military service..

Can't wait for the 2nd part of the translations.

Guest cianny

Jang: Well, this is not exactly true. To me, it's just partially correct. I like 'Thank You' because it's about 'family'. I like the character of Min Ki Seo, but my favorite role in the drama is Young Sin, acted by Kong Hyo Jin. Though Min Ki Seo gave me a feeling of starting anew, I think the feeling of starting anew is more matched with Young Sin's personality. Young Sin is a person who believes in hopes. She let people see her toughness when facing life. She cherished all of her possessions without any unrealistic aspirations. She lived genuinely. As for Kim Ki Seo, I saw it just as an actor. This drama let you feel hopeful and Young Sin's personality brought people hopes. Thus,Young Sin's role was more impressive to me. If I were a woman, I would certainly choose to act Young Sin.

Jang: 'Thank You' is a story like the one in 'the Guest of the Boarding House' (a Korean novel). It is likely because of the host mother Young Sin and her daughter Bom (daughter's name in the drama), and because Ki Seo came from Seoul and stayed at Young Sin's house. These are similar to the novel. Ki Seo is also similar to the main character in the novel. Ki Seo is also like Ok Hee (the daughter of the boarding house, in the novel). He himself became another Ok Hee after he had met someone and experienced a broader world than the one he had understood. And then he gave his experience to Bom. Ki Seo didn't have good interpersonal relations. Only his deceased girl friend could communicate with him. He met Bom, Young Sin and the residents on the island under this dilemma.

Later he opened his heart and became a man pursuing hopes. I thought only 'eyes' can express it. Script lines are important. But I thought how to express the world and the people Ki Seo sees through my eyes was the most important. The look from those who means a lot to me is different from the look from passing-by strangers. I tried to show Ki Seo's reactions when he interacted with people by changing eye expressions.

Wow! O-Cha thank you for the translations and posting the previous interview transalation.

I like reading Jang Hyuk's interviews. He sounds like a thoughtful person.

I like how he describes YS's character and his character. He really understands the script, and the other characters not just his character. No wonder he can act GS's emotion so well.......

And also what he said about expressing emotion through his eyes.

His eyes really convey different emotions (depending on who he sees) and if you look closely (in Thank You) he really did communicate with this eyes (whole face/without words) :blush: or maybe I'm bias :sweatingbullets:

ooh...love the new hair do...makes him looks younger....

n i adore guys who can look manly in pink...

*waves to cianny*

fancy meeting u here, chingu! hehe...

edit:

woah....2nd page i own in this thread

:D

Guest axyooj

OMG! LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE HIS COMEBACK IN "THANK YOU!"

gosh he so HOT AND HANDSOME!~ hehe

knew him since in windstruck....i think...

i'd just watched "successful story of bright girl" AGAIN awhile ago.

he dramatically CHANGED his appearance! LOOKING HOTTER! ^^

althought he's turning 31....HE'S MY MAN. kekek

i'm looking forward to see more of his acting in dramas if he's still want to go for it again.

--almost forgot... ~~THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATIONS! :D

Guest Wynter

Thanks o-cha for posting the translations here. :) I love reading his interviews, because you can see how sincere he is, and how much thought and effort he puts into his acting. ^_^

Oh, and I finally got a JH avatar. :blush: