4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks! very happy that he is selected to be one of them and hope it opens up to more opportunities for him.

By the way, here's the last part that I have translated for Hwasin.   

Enjoy!

It's so cool to see how much these guys know and admire each other! Also, if anyone had doubts, we got the answer to a burning answer- No, JH doesn't use body doubles in nude scenes!

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

:joy:

Westwood just edited a picture Hyuk's legs..  too hairy? I like his original manly legs though.

Now it looks like he wore stockings..mm

Oh, this is just silly! I was actually impressed by they fact that they used the original pic untouched! This actually means that most of the pics the post are also untouched. But besides the slightly hairy legs, you might also notice what looks like bruises on his shin... Maybe that was why they photoshopped it?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

Where can I find the chinese subs? Thank you!

Here it is

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's so cool to see how much these guys know and admire each other! Also, if anyone had doubts, we got the answer to a burning answer- No, JH doesn't use body doubles in nude scenes!

Oh, this is just silly! I was actually impressed by they fact that they used the original pic untouched! This actually means that most of the pics the post are also untouched. But besides the slightly hairy legs, you might also notice what looks like bruises on his shin... Maybe that was why they photoshopped it?

It's  funny how the host always tries to think otherwise. But Hyuk always has a wonderful explanation to his questions.

You're right, maybe it could be the bruises and cuts on his legs. So they had to ps his legs. But they did the same to his hand though. Lol!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, yoeda said:

Also, it is just me that realized there's a glaring inconsistence there? It about his daughter bracelet. Once, I watch he picked it from the woman prisoner but on last scene Gurutai had it. Or mb I'm missing something. And why I don't find any need for 

Spoiler

Or he felt she might harm his daughter if anything happen during the fight, so he got rid of her first.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Now it looks like he wore stockings..mm

Ya, why need to edit his hairy legs? The non hairy legs looked like girl's leg.

Was it @Biology Lessonmentioned that JH performance/drama is more suitable for international audience than k audience? Hope this will boost his career in the international platform. But first, he gotta be opened to accept international offer(s) & not worry about the language of the day. Surely this can be dubbed?? :lol:Of course we prefer his real voice but if he's been offered a role in a german production or similar....hahaha, I'm having big dream.

• Like 3

Actors Cha Tae-hyun, Jang Hyuk and Lee Sang-yeop will appear in a new entertainment show directed by PD Kim Sung. Filming will begin in March.

According to OSEN coverage on the 26th, Cha Tae-hyun, Jang Hyuk and Lee Sang-yeop will appear in MBN's new real variety entertainment show. The first shooting began in March and the timing of the production has yet to be decided.

Producer Kim Sung, who is known to be in charge of directing, participated in KBS' "One Night, Two Days," MBN's "Friendly Entertainment," and "Living for a Long Time and Doing Business." As he has a lot of small bones in real variety entertainment, I wonder what kind of chemistry he will create in this entertainment show.

Cha Tae-hyun and Jang Hyuk are well known for their close relationship with each other as dragon clubs. This is the second time he has appeared on KBS entertainment show "Dragon's Club." Cha Tae-hyun is starring in "The Boss Somehow" with Cho In-sung, and Jang Hyuk is also active, joining the "Law of the Jungle-Pioneers." 

In addition, Lee Sang-yeop is also active as an all-around entertainer who crosses dramas, movies and entertainment programs. Attention is focusing on what kind of chemistry he will show in this entertainment show, which showed different charms through "Siberia's advance team" and "Troubleshooting Reality Interview Game." He recently joined the cast of the new MBC drama 'Unless You Are Crazy' along with Jung Jae-young and Moon So-ri

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@Prettysup Ok, I am happy he is active, working, and that we'll get to continue seeing him (this is obviously much better than not seeing him alone) but on the other hand, I miss him so much in dramas, I want to cry at the same time :brokenheart:

I'm not a variety show fan, I only watch them because I miss him and he is adorable in them, but come on!!!! I get the feeling we won't see him in a drama this year 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Ok, I am happy he is active, working, and that we'll get to continue seeing him (this is obviously much better than not seeing him alone) but on the other hand, I miss him so much in dramas, I want to cry at the same time 

I'm not a variety show fan, I only watch them because I miss him and he is adorable in them, but come on!!!! I get the feeling we won't see him in a drama this year 

I'm with you- When I saw the news I was just disappointed...How can it be that no good project was offered to him this year?! I'm starting to hate the kdrama industry! 

In addition to that, the way he interacts with CTH is not fun for me to watch at all, not like he is with Ki Sup or Seung- Hwan...  Not to mention the other guy that is known for imitating JH. Badly <_< Sounds like a show in which JH will be the constant butt of jokes, and that doesn't make me excited!

Also, isn't CTH already doing a variety show with another Korean actor? 

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Was it @Biology Lessonmentioned that JH performance/drama is more suitable for international audience than k audience? Hope this will boost his career in the international platform. But first, he gotta be opened to accept international offer(s) & not worry about the language of the day. Surely this can be dubbed?? :lol:Of course we prefer his real voice but if he's been offered a role in a german production or similar....hahaha, I'm having big dream.

Yep, that was me. Considering how disappointed I am right now with the Korean TV industry, I really do hope that he will get an international offer soon considering the reaction to The Swordsman.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Ok, I am happy he is active, working, and that we'll get to continue seeing him (this is obviously much better than not seeing him alone) but on the other hand, I miss him so much in dramas, I want to cry at the same time 

Yeah I will prefer to see news of him being cast in a drama or movie rather than variety show. But then I was thinking what if he land himself in a WOL type of role again? Maybe we would rather he stick to variety instead in that case? Haha 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@Biology Lesson Im with you 100% on this. I don’t “mind” CTH that much but him in combination with LSY whose imitation I genuinely don’t find funny (again, no hate towards the guy, I dont know him and I dont have an opinion on him but his impression is not that accurate to my ears either) Anyway its a recipe for JH to be the butt of the jokes constantly and that will get old quickly, not just for JH fans but I figure for everyone. I really hope the marketing campaign of the film industry organization promoting 200 actors to major streaming services and international media bears fruit and JH is finally discovered by some foreign director. I believe his chances to grow in Korea have halted at this point. 

But anyway since this is what we have, more variety I have a couple of hopes, that the show is not too long and that it gets good ratings. According to my friend Holly JH did say that he intended to do more variety (did he say this in interviews? I don’t remember)

Maybe he is thinking its a good idea for people to miss him in dramas. I was getting the feeling that he was getting taken for granted when he took dramas back to back. Or maybe he wants to wait for an actually appealing role. This is a way to keep active, present in the industry but one way or another, resting his “drama actor” image a bit and give himself the opportunity to be more picky.

While I wish he was gearing and focusing his attention more on working outside of Korea, doing variety shows may work as an alternative strategy. Apparently some of these variety shows are super popular outside of Korea. And there have been cases of actors who sort of revive their careers with these shows. But, in order for that to work, they need to have ratings. Of course if the show has ratings they will want to keep him but when he did Real Men, the show was a success and he still left once he felt he had enough and he went back to his “real” passion, acting. And he gave us the wonderful Lee Gun :fullofhearts:here is hoping his comeback to acting is as spectacular this time. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Ok, I am happy he is active, working, and that we'll get to continue seeing him (this is obviously much better than not seeing him alone) but on the other hand, I miss him so much in dramas, I want to cry at the same time :brokenheart:

Is it nobody approached him for drama? :frown:

the way he interacts with CTH is not fun for me to watch at all, not like he is with Ki Sup or Seung- Hwan

I think he's more at ease when he's with Ki Sup + Seung Hwan. I kinda feel CTH tries too hard to make people laugh.

I believe his chances to grow in Korea have halted at this point.

Definitely agree with you. In asian countries, his age isn't to his advantage. Never mind his marital status. And also his style of working may not be to the liking of korean directors. As said, koreans go by the hierachy a lot. Many directors want themselves to be the director & he to be the actor. But JH acting style is not like this. Hence, it could also be the reason why he isn't getting the offers he deserved.

But anyway since this is what we have, more variety I have a couple of hopes, that the show is not too long and that it gets good ratings. According to my friend Holly JH did say that he intended to do more variety (did he say this in interviews? I don’t remember)

I guess this is better than not appearing at all. If he hasn't got drama on hand to keep himself busy, doing variety is also a good way of showing his fans/audience that he still exists. I recalled a taiwanese actor said before, that artistes (singers or actor/actress) cannot disappear too long else (they'll) be easily forgotten as more & more newbie comes out.

Also, JH drama hardly is the type of drama for fangirling (only FTLY). He needs to do more romance if he wants fangirling fans (hahaha)! I think the K entertainment likes to ship actors & actresses. Sometimes I just wonder do these girls actually appreciate the acting skills of the actor or just because he's single & handsome but unable to act.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Im with you 100% on this. I don’t “mind” CTH that much but him in combination with LSY whose imitation I genuinely don’t find funny (again, no hate towards the guy, I dont know him and I dont have an opinion on him but his impression is not that accurate to my ears either) Anyway its a recipe for JH to be the butt of the jokes constantly and that will get old quickly, not just for JH fans but I figure for everyone. I really hope the marketing campaign of the film industry organization promoting 200 actors to major streaming services and international media bears fruit and JH is finally discovered by some foreign director. I believe his chances to grow in Korea have halted at this point. 

I agree. I think he has no where to go in Korea anymore. Unless he finally decides to direct or produce, that is... I'm really not liking the casting of this current show... I sure hope its filming will be as short as possible!

I think he said that in Giant Veteran. Also, we did suspect that this what will happen after the announcement last year about cutting the number of Kdramas due to general drop in the ratings. But I never imagined that he will only do variety! Nota single GOOD drama has been offered to him?! And, yes, the fear of him doing another WOL is always there, but right now I'm not sure I would even mind that. I bet Voice 4 was offered to him, so he probably refused that. I wonder if he has a plan, or is he just going with the flow...

Maybe he is thinking its a good idea for people to miss him in dramas. I was getting the feeling that he was getting taken for granted when he took dramas back to back. Or maybe he wants to wait for an actually appealing role. This is a way to keep active, present in the industry but one way or another, resting his “drama actor” image a bit and give himself the opportunity to be more picky.

While I wish he was gearing and focusing his attention more on working outside of Korea, doing variety shows may work as an alternative strategy. Apparently some of these variety shows are super popular outside of Korea. And there have been cases of actors who sort of revive their careers with these shows. But, in order for that to work, they need to have ratings. Of course if the show has ratings they will want to keep him but when he did Real Men, the show was a success and he still left once he felt he had enough and he went back to his “real” passion, acting. And he gave us the wonderful Lee Gun here is hoping his comeback to acting is as spectacular this time. 

I have noticed that there are many actors that seem to be doing mainly variety shows, and as a result they are fairly popular, but I don't want JH to go that rout :( though I wouldn't mind it so much if it was another show like Real Men...

Here's hoping that JH actually does have an actual good acting project planned, and that he is just passing time until its production will start... Please... 

• Like 3

I agree with everything you guys said. I fully trust him and his choices but I was a little disappointed with that new variety show.

I didn't like the way they treated Jang Hyuk in Hometown Flex, for example, at all. I can't even watch that show again. So I don't think they will treat him well. I know he's not a kid and doesn't need to be protected but I feel that way.

I was putting my hopes on that rumor about a tvN drama because almost every tvN drama is a huge success and could bring the International recognition that he deserves but at this point I think he refused that project. Maybe he is waiting for a good script that will bring challenges for him as an actor and I respect that.

I think I read something about his International career by the time of Dance of the Dragon. I think that was the plan but it didn't work. 

Anyway I hope they won't hurt his feelings in this variety show because I think he feels very uncomfortable sometimes. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, janghaesoo said:

I agree with everything you guys said. I fully trust him and his choices but I was a little disappointed with that new variety show.

I didn't like the way they treated Jang Hyuk in Hometown Flex, for example, at all. I can't even watch that show again. So I don't think they will treat him well. I know he's not a kid and doesn't need to be protected but I feel that way.

I think most of us felt like you about Hometown Flex. To this day I can't bring myself to watch the first episode. The second one was better, but just a bit. 

I also trust his judgement, but the problem is that this show involves CTH, and he said that for his dragon club friends he will make a fool of himself if they ask him to. And this is why I'm concerned about this. 

I was putting my hopes on that rumor about a tvN drama because almost every tvN drama is a huge success and could bring the International recognition that he deserves but at this point I think he refused that project. Maybe he is waiting for a good script that will bring challenges for him as an actor and I respect that.

I hope that is the case... 

I think I read something about his International career by the time of Dance of the Dragon. I think that was the plan but it didn't work. 

He said that he did audition for The Green Hornet, but he wasn't accepted because of his English. It seems that the biggest obstacle here is his English...

Anyway I hope they won't hurt his feelings in this variety show because I think he feels very uncomfortable sometimes. 

Considering this involves CTH, I don't have much hope about that...

Just posted... Looks like he just woke up :) 

• Like 4