2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

U must watch real man! It’s fantastic hahah 

Me? I watched it already. Yup, I enjoyed the programme and I also found the Officer (the one who proposed to his gf) handsome! :grimace:

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

In case anyone still skeptical about how many episodes 'My Country' has, this should clear all doubts:

'My Country' Last 2 episodes! What will be the final twist to the game??

... Meanwhile, the final chapters of "My Country" will air on JTBC at 10:50 p.m. on Nov 22 and 23

The english subtitle for episode 13 is out. 

I am fearful of "final twist to the game". We all know BW ascends the throne. Twist? BW didn't ascend the throne? BW died? :unsure:

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It was interesting to see how people initially couldn't get over his hair and laugh, and then slowly fall in love with Lee gun,. Also, I was fascinated by the fact that initially the article criticized JH for even accepting such a role cause he's too old and doesn't do comedies... Well, I guess he showed them!

I still didn't like the hair (1st part) :joy: If they find him too old in LG, how about in BW? BW is supposed to be in his 20s but seriously no 20s actor can take this heavy role. 

I think it's korea culture. Most men JH age would have been married with kids. For a 38 years old man to play a bachelor (for his case FTLY) seems old to K fans I think. But he proved all of them who criticized him wrong. He did a fantastic job as LG.    

Again, I don't think he cared who he cheated as long he got money out of it. Since women reacted positively to him and his face, they were his natural target. Considering how easily he accepted his friend being gay and how he said that he if he wasn't in love he might had a relationship with him, shows that if he met a gay guy in his conning years, he would targeted him also. He didn't care who the target is, as long as there was money to get.

Sadly to say, there are people like this in real life. I hated his character in Robbers. I recalled reading a chinese article about him, that in reel life is a playboy but in real life is a good boy. That was around the time he announced his wedding or still shooting Robbers. 

I know that many didn't like that male character from the original FTLY, while Lee Gun is very loved. I wonder if JH used the insights he gained from Robbers and its failure, to make Lee Gun a more likable and human character. 

K FTLY and the original Taiwan FTLY characters differ slightly. K version LG is the noisy and lively one. The Taiwan version of Mi Young is the noisy and bubbly one. Taiwan version of Li Gun is more serious. He doesn't act like K version of LG so the drama can get dry and boring.

However, I read that for some scenes (this is individual preference) the taiwanese version was found to be more impactful compared to the K version. I have watched the original and for my taste, I prefer the K version. Some people prefer the Taiwan version or even maybe the Thai version. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I am fearful of "final twist to the game". We all know BW ascends the throne. Twist? BW didn't ascend the throne? BW died? :unsure:

I think that's not a twist, that's a rewriting of history hahaha. Audience will be angry and will be like WHAT??? Doesn't make sense!!! 

I think it will probably be Seon Ho becoming good in the end? Or BW sparing Seon Ho and taking him in under his wing? Or maybe Hwi betrays BW hahaha. 

I'm curious about that statement too!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think that's not a twist, that's a rewriting of history hahaha. Audience will be angry and will be like WHAT??? Doesn't make sense!!! 

I think it will probably be Seon Ho becoming good in the end? Or BW sparing Seon Ho and taking him in under his wing? Or maybe Hwi betrays BW hahaha. 

I'm not concerned about Hwi or SH. They are fictional figures in the drama. Bang Won better ascends the throne or fans + audience will freak out. 

I've never considered SH to be bad bad. He is just a figure the writer didn't know what to do with his role so he go from there to here, from here to there. As for Hwi, almost similar except he got a lover.

I only care about BW and the writer better not rewrite history. :expressionless:

• Like 1

It's interesting to see how many young actors have been influenced by Chuno. We already know about the leads in MC, and here is Kang Ha-neul- Kim Ji-seok says that Kang Ha-neul doesn't stop talking about Chuno with him...

Chuno was really huge, wasn't it? I don't think I ever got just how big it was when it came out...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's interesting to see how many young actors have been influenced by Chuno. We already know about the leads in MC, and here is Kang Ha-neul- Kim Ji-seok says that Kang Ha-neul doesn't stop talking about Chuno with him...

Chuno was really huge, wasn't it? I don't think I ever got just how big it was when it came out...

Oh wow, Gong Hyo Jin. I only watched 1 drama of hers Thank You. She still looks the same as before. Didn't age much.  

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

The english subtitle for episode 13 is out. 

Nah they won't rewrite history dont worry

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I was thinking maybe Hwi and SH will be revealed to be long-lost brothers? Same mother different father? Hahahaha... or maybe something about HJ

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Ya..maybe the twist is a happy ending since everyone is predicting a sad one?  Haha! The director is raising everyone's expectation by revealing there's a twist in the end. He'd better make sure it is a good twist.. haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking maybe Hwi and SH will be revealed to be long-lost brothers? Same mother different father? Hahahaha... or maybe something about HJ

You're thinking Hwi and SH to be brothers. I'm thinking HJ is the sister of Hwi.  :sweat_smile: Anyone else has another thinking? Let's spice this thread up. 2 more days to episode 15. 

Btw, for his new drama, we are going to chat at the new thread right? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It was interesting to see how people initially couldn't get over his hair and laugh, and then slowly fall in love with Lee gun,. Also, I was fascinated by the fact that initially the article criticized JH for even accepting such a role cause he's too old and doesn't do comedies... Well, I guess he showed them!

I still didn't like the hair (1st part) :joy: If they find him too old in LG, how about in BW? BW is supposed to be in his 20s but seriously no 20s actor can take this heavy role. 

I think it's korea culture. Most men JH age would have been married with kids. For a 38 years old man to play a bachelor (for his case FTLY) seems old to K fans I think. But he proved all of them who criticized him wrong. He did a fantastic job as LG.    

I like FTLY as a non-JH fan for its plot and mostly , the beautiful acting by not just the leads but all the supporting cast. The chemistry is just so perfect! And yes there were criticisms about him being too old for the role. ButAnd It's funny how when the same group of people commented how much younger he looked in BM.. lol

But many eventually came to love Lee Gun. When I became a JH fan and I rewatched it a 2nd , 3rd and nth time, then I came to truly appreciate JH's acting as Lee Gun.

• Like 2

18 Seasoned K-Drama Actors Who Always Give Us Butterflies

We have all been through it. You watch a series or catch a glimpse of an actor who makes your heart flutter and when you look up their age, you’re surprised to see how much older they are. This doesn’t take away from the fact that they are totally swoon-worthy and it makes it all the more exciting when you can look up the long history of K-dramas and movies that they may have starred in throughout their life. Win! Here’s a look at 18 K-drama actors who are a bit older and still manage to give us butterflies.

Jang Hyuk

No matter what role Jang Hyuk picks up, he has the acting chops that prove he’s still a force to reckon with. He’s just so good at capturing viewers’ attention and hearts!

Jang Hyuk exudes charisma as Lee Bang Won in “My Country”:

jang-hyuk.gif

https://www.soompi.com/article/1364361wpp/18-seasoned-k-drama-actors-who-always-give-us-butterflies?fbclid=IwAR30KEsmtYKAK-mu0o-CfBSmnvOfnOrR6Xf-6T4__ikZuoYqE28BYifGvdk

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Btw, for his new drama, we are going to chat at the new thread right? 

Yeah yeah of coz, we should not let a JH-lead-actor drama thread be too quiet eh...

Link again

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-tell-me-what-you-saw-본대로-말하라-jang-hyuk-sooyoung-jin-seo-yeon-premieres-in-february-2020/

And this lucky J-fan won a signed autograph

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes, Chuno was huge, at least in Korea from what my korean friend told me (I don’t know about the international markets) She said its a drama that people anticipated so much from the previews that it opened with huge ratings from the get go. It was a huge deal not only for JH but for kdrama, in general. I’ll ask her to give me an example of its impact. She always tells me interesting things but my memory sucks 

@azureblue7 About the twist at the end of MC, I agree, I think it’ll be “everyone lives!” cause in sageuk normally everyone dies :lol::sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk

No matter what role Jang Hyuk picks up, he has the acting chops that prove he’s still a force to reckon with. He’s just so good at capturing viewers’ attention and hearts!

Jang Hyuk exudes charisma as Lee Bang Won in “My Country”:

Did you notice his wrinkles are so even on both sides? I'm actually admiring it. :joy:His smirk smile makes him even more handsome! 

Yeah yeah of coz, we should not let a JH-lead-actor drama thread be too quiet eh...

Oh ok! Got it! When he starts filming there, we can move over there (hahaha). When does he start to film? Do you know if MC is done filming? 

And this lucky J-fan won a signed autograph

So jealous! Your profile photo, is this the one you mentioned that you took a photo with him? 

52 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes, Chuno was huge, at least in Korea from what my korean friend told me (I don’t know about the international markets) She said its a drama that people anticipated so much from the previews that it opened with huge ratings from the get go. It was a huge deal not only for JH but for kdrama, in general. I’ll ask her to give me an example of its impact. She always tells me interesting things but my memory sucks 

@azureblue7 About the twist at the end of MC, I agree, I think it’ll be “everyone lives!” cause in sageuk normally everyone dies :lol::sweatingbullets:

Oh wow! I also didn't know its huge impact. Thought was a drama with high rating and very popular drama but didn't expect it to be huge huge. Makes me so happy for JH. His hard work paid off in that moment when he rec'd the baeksang award. Do you think JH will rec'd any award for MC? I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will. 

No no no! I'm fine if everyone dies but Bang Won got to live! :sweat_smile:

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Did you notice his wrinkles are so even on both sides? I'm actually admiring it. :joy:His smirk smile makes him even more handsome! 

Oh ok! Got it! When he starts filming there, we can move over there (hahaha). When does he start to film? Do you know if MC is done filming? 

So jealous! Your profile photo, is this the one you mentioned that you took a photo with him? 

Oh wow! I also didn't know its huge impact. Thought was a drama with high rating and very popular drama but didn't expect it to be huge huge. Makes me so happy for JH. His hard work paid off in that moment when he rec'd the baeksang award. Do you think JH will rec'd any award for MC? I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will. 

No no no! I'm fine if everyone dies but Bang Won got to live! :sweat_smile:

Looking at his boxing video yesterday with the long hair, my guess is MC filming is still not done yet, but it definitely has to be done by this Saturday!!! Haha... then the new drama can start.......

Ah yes, my profile pic... He was holding my handphone in that pic, u see the white phone? That's mine hehehe...  This picture was actually taken by someone opposite us, so I was in this picture but I got cropped out from the profile template.

And dont worry, Bang won wont die in this drama.. unless they do a time jump to 22 years later, the year which King Taejong passed away...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

18 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think you and I are the only fans here that liked Robbers. :) I actually think that in spite of all the melodrama, robbers is actually one of his most realistic shows, a bit like Bad Papa. It was gritty, showed relationships and issues that are bit more complex. Not to mention this is the only show I like LDH in.

Most kdramas that have con men in them, like Legend of the Blue Sea, show them as charming and make sure to make their con jobs cute and acceptable. Showing the charming con man cheating only "bad people". While in reality con men are despicable! Robbers was the only show that I've seen that showed that reality. I thought the scene in which he destroyed that poor woman was so powerful and real! JH's acting was so brave in that scene! And that horrible scene was what made his later change and redemption so impactful. I would say that Robbers is my third favorite show of JH, after FTLY and BM. 

Also, did you notice that the whole plot line of the gangster trying to help his men find honest jobs was lifted out of Robbers into WOL? :) I kinda wish they would have lifted the gangster's love story with the mother in law too... that was cute!

Oh I like Robbers.  While Chuno got me started into JH, Robber is the one that made me fall completely into him.  He's a jerk all right in the beginning, but he's also cute and has a vulnerability that brings out that something in me.  Though it was a drama that deals with serious issues, it has its comical moments.  And JH is cute when he did all those dancing, in public and also in front of LDH.  And not to mention when he showed off his perfect and musculine body.  That was a real treat for someone who just got interested in him :D 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

You just made me roll my eyes, lol... but talking about Hwi, I find myself rolling eyes at him more and more, esp in the last 2 episodes.  I don't understand why he must get hurt everytime he fights, and what he has done that made YBW trusts him so much.  Why is he still so soft after going through so much?  And I don't know why, but its pretty annoying to see Hwi and that girl together.  I just can't buy their love line, its so forced.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Looking at his boxing video yesterday with the long hair, my guess is MC filming is still not done yet, but it definitely has to be done by this Saturday!!! Haha... then the new drama can start.......

What a relief! MC had been quite a nightmare for most of us although I'm beginning to like the drama (only Bang Won cut). At least in ep 13 and 14, I see BW angry. Earlier episodes he was a mild Bang Won and it didn't quite sit in with me. Honestly don't know what sort of twist the Director was implying but I hope it is not those lame story like SH and Hwi are (really) brothers or that Hwi and HJ are siblings. But what can we expect from this writing?  

Ah yes, my profile pic... He was holding my handphone in that pic, u see the white phone? That's mine hehehe...  This picture was actually taken by someone opposite us, so I was in this picture but I got cropped out from the profile template.

Ahhhhh! You're 1 lucky person! How did you get him to stop by you? Wore a tee shirt with his face on it? Hahaha! It must be such a memorable moment for you. Hug him tight did you? 

And dont worry, Bang won wont die in this drama.. unless they do a time jump to 22 years later, the year which King Taejong passed away...

I think whatever the writer does, he/she cannot touch Bang Won. He is a historical figure. For the rest of them, write whatever it pleases the writers but for BW, he has to ascend the throne. But I hope the ending is not like the sour ending of  SOGC. Makes me very upset you know SOGC. The history Wang So had 3 wives! And the drama Wang So is a lonely man! 

32 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I don't understand why he must get hurt everytime he fights, and what he has done that made YBW trusts him so much.  Why is he still so soft after going through so much?  And I don't know why, but its pretty annoying to see Hwi and that girl together.  I just can't buy their love line, its so forced.  

This drama even people get stabbed and bleed profusely also won't die one. I read people comment the same thing in other forum also. 

Bang Won needed Hwi to help kill NJ. And you're right, he is so soft. At least show some toughness like SH. 

Now that the drama is ending, I can see it so clearly that HJ role is pretty redundant. She didn't have much to do except look shocked with her eyes opened bigger and the love between her and Hwi is .....They are better of as brother and sister. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

You just made me roll my eyes, lol... but talking about Hwi, I find myself rolling eyes at him more and more, esp in the last 2 episodes.  I don't understand why he must get hurt everytime he fights, and what he has done that made YBW trusts him so much.  Why is he still so soft after going through so much?  And I don't know why, but its pretty annoying to see Hwi and that girl together.  I just can't buy their love line, its so forced.  

Haha for me I’m not interested in love lines anyway so I don’t care much about Hwi and the girl. 

10 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Ahhhhh! You're 1 lucky person! How did you get him to stop by you? Wore a tee shirt with his face on it? Hahaha! It must be such a memorable moment for you. Hug him tight did you? 

Haha we (me and @AgnesO) were holding cards with his name, guess he saw that and came to us. But no hugs, there was a barrier between us and beefy security guards around us. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, budgerie said:

Welcome back to this thread! I was just asking about you afew pages back in this forum. Haven't heard from you here in awhile. Have you finished MF and what are you watching now? 

@budgerieI have not left this thread, instead reading and following the comments silently. Yes, I have finished MF and totally enjoyed it. This is the kind of drama that I enjoy - the lead character is very good at what he does, always a step ahead and gives the audience the confidence that he will achieve his plan/objective at the end of the drama. In this case, we know he has this master plan of revenge and despite so many twists and turns and roadblocks, he was able to overcome the obstacles all the time or even prevent some of the roadblocks. Basically Pil Joo is a hero in suits! Besides, the drama kept me intrigued because I was anticipating something to happen between Pil Joo and JMR - the sexual tension was just too strong!

I haven't watched My Country and to be honest, not sure if I will watch it. Am a superficial person - if JH is not the lead, I really don't feel like watching. Having said that, reading this thread has kept me abreast of the drama, and I am fine not actually watching it.

By the way, has anyone here thought of how many boxing tshirts JH has? He must have plenty of the same one...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

By the way, has anyone here thought of how many boxing tshirts JH has? He must have plenty of the same one...

I was thinking the same. He never wears something different when boxing. Maybe he doesn’t change for a few days :tounge_xd: haha joking joking. I’m sure he has like 5-6 same shirts ahha. They probably gave him a week’s supply. 

Is this another evidence of his consistency and simplicity? He doesn’t see the need for fanciful stuff and is ok wearing the same shirt for yearssssss. 

• Like 3