Quantcast

He always remains true to his original intent of going into acting , like what he shared in this interview in 2007. He is really a born actor.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He always remains true to his original intent of going into acting , like what he shared in this interview in 2007. He is really a born actor.

Oh, this was so long ago! Thanks for bringing it up! Looking back at his younger days, from then till now, he really matured alot in the way he spoke, his body language, etc. Most of all, he grew more handsome and more charisma. Hahaha! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:
Boxing today too...

Bang Won needs to gear up for this week 2nd strife! :joy: Need more practice. 

Folks, I need confirmation that I read the correct thing. Saw some comments at Netflix n Reddit that this drama is 20 episodes but Netflix only showing till ep 16. Correct? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I never saw this video, thanks for posting!

He's so reserved in this video.. His answers always amaze me with how thoughtful they are. So, even 12 years ago he already knew his acting will change with age and didn't even try to limit himself to a single character. What more can we say about him?! (I'm sure we'll think about something...:relaxed:).

It's always surprising to me to think that the second stage in his career started when he was in his mid 30s. Essentially he had to restart his career when others his age have already been well established. I remember he did a photoshoot with many of the actors his age that I guess are now considered bigger stars. This was before his military service. I guess doing that photoshoot with them indicates that back then he was considered to be in the same status as them. So maybe it was indeed the scandal that changed his trajectory? But not just what happened, but the fact that it really changed who he is and his way of thinking. Add to that that he married soon after his discharge, and you can see how his career went a different way. I personally love where life took him, but it's possible it hurt his status in the entertainment industry in Korea.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Bang Won needs to gear up for this week 2nd strife! :joy: Need more practice. 

Folks, I need confirmation that I read the correct thing. Saw some comments at Netflix that this drama is 20 episodes but Netflix only showing till ep 16. Correct? 

20 episodes?! meaning, six more episodes? about what? The story for the leads has been done in episode 12! Ugh... Does anyone knows if the filming is over already?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Folks, I need confirmation that I read the correct thing. Saw some comments at Netflix n Reddit that this drama is 20 episodes but Netflix only showing till ep 16. Correct? 

Not correct, this drama  has 16 episodes only. Last episode on 23 Nov.

JTBC has already announced next drama 'Chocolate' to premiere on 29 Nov.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never saw this video, thanks for posting!

He's so reserved in this video.. His answers always amaze me with how thoughtful they are. So, even 12 years ago he already knew his acting will change with age and didn't even try to limit himself to a single character. What more can we say about him?! (I'm sure we'll think about something...:relaxed:).

It's always surprising to me to think that his second stage in his career started when he was in his mid 30s. Essentially he had to restart his career when others his age have already been well established. I remember he did a photoshoot with many of the actors his age that I guess are now considered bigger stars. This was before his military service. I guess doing that photoshoot with them indicates that back then he was considered to be in the same status as them. So maybe it was indeed the scandal that changed his trajectory? But not just what happened, but the fact that it really changed who he is and his way of thinking. Add to that that he married soon after his discharge, and you can see how his career went a different way. I personally love where life took him, but it's possible it hurt his status in the entertainment industry in Korea.

I always feel that the scandal is a blessing in disguise.

Imagine if he had gotten away with it, what sort of a person he would turn out to be? If he had managed to buy himself out of military, would I or would we still respect him the way we do now? Some audience might argue that it isn't a big deal. Not like he committed a grave unpardonable crime. Technically he didn't, but is he being fair to the other celebrities who served military and it would reflect badly on his integrity too, if he had got away with it.

Of course at that moment and moments after that, it did hurt his career and reputation somehow somewhat. Netizens are unforgiving people. They can put him on a pedestal and they can also blast him down. But so many years had past since 2004, the sentiments is not as raw as it was before. But it was said that when he did Real Men, it reopened old wound as in netizens remembered his dodging of the military.  

This man sure had his fair share of criticisms from netizens. From dodging military to baby before marriage. I read that during Chuno, many netizens were interested to know his personal story. It sort of died down after a while but re ignited again during FTLY, people started to dig his history again. I am quite sure it will happen again this time due to his portrayal of Bang Won. 

What makes me admire him is his courage to admit his wrongdoings. Not many actors will do that and will find ways to cover up but JH didn't. He admitted that was his mistake and blamed no one although it was speculated that this cannot be his idea alone. I also admire his courage to not hide about his marital status and not like some actors who will hide their marital status. But can't blame those actors too, some fans are really crazy. All you need is 1 delusional fan commit suicide and you're done for - guilty in the mind. 

In an interview JH said, that being a married man is good for his acting as he sees things from different point of view and from different angles, different perspective. It actually helped his work. So although the scandal is a thorn in the flesh but at the end of the day, those thorns made him the man all of us here love and admire. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Not correct, this drama  has 16 episodes only. Last episode on 23 Nov.

JTBC has already announced next drama 'Chocolate' to premiere on 29 Nov.

Thanks! When I read it, I was like !!!! If it is true, cutting 4 episodes! How on earth did those people over there say is 20 eps?? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I always feel that the scandal is a blessing in disguise.

Imagine if he had gotten away with it, what sort of a person he would turn out to be? If he had managed to buy himself out of military, would I or would we still respect him the way we do now? Some audience might argue that it isn't a big deal. Not like he committed a grave unpardonable crime. Technically he didn't, but is he being fair to the other celebrities who served military and it would reflect badly on his integrity too, if he had got away with it.

I also agree that it was a blessing. To this day I can't watch any of his projects from before the army. His body language and mannerisms were so different. For me, that guy was a completely different actor. The change that JH underwent during the army, both mentally and physically, is what led to me being a fan, for sure. I don't think that that guy could have produced performances like we got after he was discharge. I don't think that that level of depth and maturity would have been there.

So, if that means he's not considered top tier actor today due to that- so be it. I'm more than fine with most of the projects he did and does today.

But, since I don't know what goes on in Korea, the question for me is - how is he regarded nowadays by the entertainment industry and the Korean public?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

To this day I can't watch any of his projects from before the army. His body language and mannerisms were so different. For me, that guy was a completely different actor.

I watched SSBG and part of Volcano High and he was awful with the yellow hair! His acting was...I found his acting too much exaggeration. But given that he was only in his late 20s, there was surely room for improvement. Hahaha! 

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The change that JH underwent during the army, both mentally and physically, is what led to me being a fan, for sure. I don't think that that guy could have produced performances like we got after he was discharge. I don't think that that level of depth and maturity would have been there.

He had said that he read widely in the military. He read many books including his famous sexual book. What is the title now? And he pondered deeply too. Physically he was kept fit by those regimental training/exercises and mentally he gained wisdom through those books (including the sexual one), through deep thoughts and like what we discussed before, the whole saga brought him back to reality, how he realised he had not been called his real name for over many years. Rediscovering the person he is supposed to be and not the person of JH. So what does his parents call him then if he hasn't heard his real name being called for over many years?

20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, if that means he's not considered top tier actor today due to that- so be it. I'm more than fine with most of the projects he did and does today.

But, since I don't know what goes on in Korea, the question for me is - how is he regarded nowadays by the entertainment industry and the Korean public?

With the exception of MC? Hahaha! You are still not enjoying it? 

I think the general public sees him as a good actor, hardworking, humble and has good personality. That's my guess. So far we haven't come across any one bad mouth him. And that is good enough. 

But allow me to voice my displeasure, I get annoyed when people tries to imitate him the way he speaks. To me, it is disrespect.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

For those who love his veiny arms..:wub:

You have to show (me) his rolled up sleeve, is it? Hahaha! I love it! :wub: Thank you ah...

• Love 1

Looks like we've got the official English title of the new OCN drama. I like this version, it seems to be a line spoken by the profiler :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

But allow me to voice my displeasure, I get annoyed when people tries to imitate him the way he speaks. To me, it is disrespect.   

Yes I don't like it too. I never finds it funny. 

• Like 4

@Prettysup @azureblue7You both have stuff at your fingertips always. :grimace:Do you have the subtitles for these? I have searched high and low but I can't find the sub. Or anyone knows where to find subtitles for these? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KggjgNP2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo8P-ouExgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3aebDDMd84

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like we've got the official English title of the new OCN drama. I like this version, it seems to be a line spoken by the profiler :)

This hair is good for the drama! Lol. This title sounds nicer too as compared to Call It Like You See It. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@Prettysup @azureblue7You both have stuff at your fingertips always. :grimace:Do you have the subtitles for these? I have searched high and low but I can't find the sub. Or anyone knows where to find subtitles for these? 

No sorry I seldom search to watch his old stuffs. I haven’t even watched Real Man. I’m a bad fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1