Quantcast

28 minutes ago, nyk said:

Sorry to interrupt, I know I am so late for this topic but I want to tell that JH does have freckles and cute birthmark on his cheek.

His freckles are not clearly visible unless we zoom to his face. 

For his moles, I think it's nothing dangerous. I notice he used to have little moles over his face but he probably got facial laser to remove them. Maybe it's easier for makeup.

and talking about this topic I don't mean to point our his flaw.

I feel like I am crazy to observe his moles but I think it is his beauty.

Oh, wow! looking at the pictures you posted, it's clear he had many of them removed. Now I see there was another raised one on the back of his neck. As to the "freckles" in the DC picture, for sure the one next to his ear is a scar from the removal of the mole he had there. Maybe that is why, as his friends from the Dragon Club commented, he almost always has makeup on when he is doing any kind of shoot.

I agree that moles are mostly benign, but they can change. Essentially they are a product of skin cells that stopped behaving normally. I know that the common practice is to have them monitored, in case they change.

As for Searching for the elephant- I also liked that movie. Such and odd and interesting movie. JH's portrayal was very good...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

This one is Bang Beon, not Bang Gwa. LBW killed both brothers from Queen Sindeok. He didn’t kill any of his blood brothers. 
It’s Bang Gan that instigated! The brother who appears funny and carefree but is calculative inside. I don’t think we will see the face of Bang Gwa. Or maybe it will be some unknown actor appearing briefly. 

Thanks @The Reel Lifefor correcting me. These BANG are making me confused. Bang Won, Bang Gan, Bang Beon, Ban Gwa. Esp when translating names from chinese to english. :sleepy:

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

From what I read, Bang won was involved in the decision to make Bang Gwa the king, maybe he even decided on that. From what we saw, BW tends to follow the customs, so I think in order to prevent controversy, he had his brother become the king, but he was the one with the real power behind the scenes, until his brother has had enough of that, which led to the second strife and to BW becoming the king himself

Maybe drama will change to make it more impactful that BW expected to be named but did not which led to 2nd strife. English subtitle still not out for ep 13 and ep 14. 

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Would it be too much trouble to ask you what more was said between BW and his father in their second encounter? It looked like they talked a lot

and question for you! All those people dead on the streets are BW’s responsibility? :o

No worries about recapping ep 13. I just try as best I can. And I realised I cannot do a translator job. It is difficult to translate from chinese to english as I feared I might have used the wrong word. 

Yes alot was said in the 2nd encounter which I was cracking my head how to translate. 

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Two friends on opposite sides due to circumstances, willingly or unwillingly entangled in politics  bla bla bla, but unfortunately they didn’t seem to have a real purpose or motivation other than killing Namjeon. When Namjeon died, it’s like their story is completely over. Too bad, because Bangwon is still interesting but it is the leads who should carry the drama, and writers seem to forget about them. At least they could’ve created a more interesting dynamic between them and Bangwon (I felt chemistry with Hui Jae, but that was dropped, I felt potential with Hwi as a character but they didn’t develop it much, felt absolute potential with Seonho as a character, saw some paralells between Seonho and Bangwon, and liked the chemistry between actors, but again not sufficiently developed) I was enjoying this drama a lot, but I do feel it got stuck on certain areas and they dropped the ball lately. I’m still desperate for eng subs though! 

Yes, the lead seemed to be BW now. Hui Jae role seemed redundant. The 2 boys are.....ok Hwi got his revenge but Seon Ho is still floating. 

Seems like King wants to make BW bear the responsibility of all the killings. That's why BW said he was almost cheated by his father's tears when at the palace gate. But BW realised it is to make people cry with the king and blame BW.

• Like 3

Episode 14

Started with BW confrontation with the king. He asked king to withdraw his army. But king refused. He forbid the king to leave the chamber (confine the king). King said the more you force, the more people will hate you. But Bang Won said I ask you one more time to withdraw. King refused. BW knelt and said the people will forget you. Once you are no longer a king, you are just an old man. 

Bang Won said to the army chief in red at the forest - from now on, all of you will die. Whether you will beg for mercy or try to escape or what you will do, all of you must die. 

Hwi asked BW what is his country? Bang Won answered, protecting you people is my country. He did come to the rescue of Hwi and Hui Jae.

Hwi said he will ensure BW becomes king (agrees to join force with BW) but if BW abandons his people after he ascends the throne, Hwi will kill BW. 

Seon Ho instigates those bunch of crooks to revenge. Seon Ho wants to make use of Bang Gan to "trap" Bang Won. 

Bang Won told the king the one who begin all these is not me. Is from the "top" but king said the "ending" will be you. King said no doubt he got his country through fighting but can't use fighting to rule the country.

When told that the king wants to summon BG in to the palace, BG said "now the king wants to make use of me" King said to BG, if your brother (BW) becomes king, how will you be able to survive? When BG saw BW in the palace, BG said to himself, Bang Won treats himself like a king already.

Hwi confronted the king why did king abandon them? Hwi said he will ensure BW rise up to the throne to make king regret he once abandon them. But king is adamant not letting BW rise up. 

BIG TIME JUMP : King abdicate. Who became king? I am confused. THIS IS BAD. SUDDEN TIME JUMP. And BW dressed in normal clothes with untidy hairstyle. 

BW wants the new king to lay down foundation for the country (meaning name the next in line). King said I still don't know who yet. 

(Stop here for a moment because I am confused with the story now. @The Reel Lifeplease correct me if I am wrong. Translate from text to text is difficult) hahaha.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@budgerie Thanks again! The king did not die, he abdicated leaving the throne to Bang Hwa his oldest available son (I mentioned this before and it’s also on wikipedia lol), but the king took the royal seal with him, thus holding still the power to make important decisions (they are following history in this respect) Next will be Bang Gan’s revolt or what is known as “The second strife of princes” 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

continue from ep 14

king is adamant not to let rising up the throne through blood. He is confined in the palace ground but Hui Jae said king will find ways to come out and by the time, it is her duty (illawaru) to stop the king.

another time jump?? It is said that BW hasn't carried his sword for a long time?? And hasn't trained his army for a long time....?? He is just pretending to be a drunkard so that he is not the suspect any more. Old king is still adamant to rid Bang Won.

Bang Won (with new hairstyle) is planning to lure BG to a certain place. Hwi and Hui Jae is in collaboration with him. 

Seon Ho wants to team up with BG. He said if BG don't team up with him, BW will kill him. BG said if BW die, he (BG) will be king. SH wants to kill BW for a long time already but is still not done.

(to be continued)....

• Like 3

Too bad ratings have dropped! I guess in such case the good thing is JH doesn’t have to bear the burden like if he was the lead. Actually, not that I think the leads should bear any burden at all, I think there is more to ratings than that but ppl always first think of actors than the behind the scenes people. I agree with some of you that the writer seemed to have lost the plot bit.  

With Nam Jeon dead, the overarching story is not so prominent and Hwi, SH and HJ seem to not know what they are fighting for or fighting for odd reasons (like SH). The dynamics have definitely shifted to LSG and The Bangs haha but yet it’s not the main story which was developed in detail so it doesn’t seem as solid. 

Its interesting that naver comments pointed out about the plot, and it’s also interesting that they are unhappy about the immortality of characters when stabbed haha! I’ve always felt it was absurd how they miraculously survive arrows and sword stabs but just chose to close one eye because it happened too frequent. Seems like knetz are not that forgiving haha. 

One more week to go! Then we can look forward to his next OCN drama. Fingers crossed a couple of interviews in between and some good promo from OCN :)

• Like 5

My Country ep 14 Knetz comments

"My country" Jang Hyuk, confrontation with Lee Seung-gye ..." "You’ll just be an old man."
1.    The title of this article. Lee Bang-won by Jang Hyuk, and Lee Sung-gye by Kim Young-chul. If you wrote Jang Hyuk, I think it would be right to write Kim Young-chul at the back. (+91 -1)
2.    Wasn't Jang Hyuk's past life is Lee Bang-won? Why are you being so good? (+61 -0)
3.    Yang Se-jong is not the main character, but Jang Hyuk is like the main character. (+56 -1)
4.    Wow, Jang Hyuk you're older than you thought. You're talking to Lee Seong-gye, the founder of Joseon Dynasty (+18 -0)
5.    Lee Seong-gye and Lee Bang-won weren't really on bad terms with each other. Lee Seong-gye had a record of worrying that Lee Bang-won might get ill even when he went to the Ming Dynasty as an envoy. Lee Bang-won respected his father and treated him with filial piety after his abdication. The value of filial piety was important in the country. (+10 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003236261

1.    The moment when Bang-won and Hwi checked with each other the meaning of their countries, that’s the existence of this drama. Jang Hyuk is so cool. (+84 -1)
2.    Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang-won, Aura…  Gradually changing into the leadership mode of Taejong. (+51 -0)
3.    Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang Won, you’re the only one who can do it ᅲᅲᅲᅲ This drama re-enacts Jang-hyuk, regardless of quantity. (+45 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003236250

0000642516_001_20191117080700783.jpg?typ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Episode 14

BIG TIME JUMP : King abdicate. Who became king? I am confused. THIS IS BAD. SUDDEN TIME JUMP. And BW dressed in normal clothes with untidy hairstyle. 

BW wants the new king to lay down foundation for the country (meaning name the next in line). King said I still don't know who yet. 

Time jump of 2 years. The king is now Bang Gwa, the second brother who was the oldest. 

And I think the change in hairstyle is to reflect BW trying to fool others thinking he is weakening and having no ambitions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Its interesting that naver comments pointed out about the plot, and it’s also interesting that they are unhappy about the immortality of characters when stabbed haha! I’ve always felt it was absurd how they miraculously survive arrows and sword stabs but just chose to close one eye because it happened too frequent. Seems like knetz are not that forgiving haha. 

One more week to go! Then we can look forward to his next OCN drama. Fingers crossed a couple of interviews in between and some good promo from OCN :)

Yeah at the end I was just rolling my eyes thinking “Not again?” haha... but just one more week to go! I think the OCN director is getting impatient already 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Some snippets of the ep 14

Messy hair and drunk Bang-won who seemed to have "lost" his archery skills.

No more funny moments with Bang Gan

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Sorry to interrupt, I know I am so late for this topic but I want to tell that JH does have freckles and cute birthmark on his cheek.

His freckles are not clearly visible unless we zoom to his face. 

Wow! Actually I didn't notice he has quite a number of moles on his face...because  he looks so handsome  barefaced too. His good looking features are just too distracting. Haha. :wub:

@budgerie Thank you so much for the translation! At least I get the gist of what is going on in the last 2 eps.

43 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And I think the change in hairstyle is to reflect BW trying to fool others thinking he is weakening and having no ambitions. 

I also think it is part of his strategy to trick BG into believing that he is now vulnerable to attack. I wonder why is there no preview to ep 15. Are they still filming it? I really marvel at JH's ability to pull off that messy hair.. Not really to my liking.. I think he will change it in the last 2 eps as he is more "sober" then.

42 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah at the end I was just rolling my eyes thinking “Not again?” haha... but just one more week to go! I think the OCN director is getting impatient already 

We are also getting impatient too! Especially about his image.. haha.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Next will be Bang Gan’s revolt or what is known as “The second strife of princes” 

I want to see him don that war gear armour again...:rolleyes:

• Like 3

(last part of ep 14)

I thought the palace is heavily guarded. But Seon Ho can sneak in easily and be in close contact with the king. Doesn't the king recognise that is Seon Ho in disguise? Am I the only one hating the king now? He is planning to revenge again? 

Ok but Hwi is loyal to Bang Won. When the 2 boys met again, Seon Ho said, in his world, there is no Bang Won and no Hwi. Than he stabbed Hwi. 

There is no preview for episode 15. (sorry for my amateur recap & translation). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Too bad ratings have dropped! I guess in such case the good thing is JH doesn’t have to bear the burden like if he was the lead. Actually, not that I think the leads should bear any burden at all, I think there is more to ratings than that but ppl always first think of actors than the behind the scenes people. I agree with some of you that the writer seemed to have lost the plot bit.  

What a waste of ep 13 and 14. Bang Won had significant screen time and he is getting fierce. Thankfully he isn't the lead. Doesn't need to bear the "responsibilities" of dropped ratings. 

With Nam Jeon dead, the overarching story is not so prominent and Hwi, SH and HJ seem to not know what they are fighting for or fighting for odd reasons (like SH). The dynamics have definitely shifted to LSG and The Bangs haha but yet it’s not the main story which was developed in detail so it doesn’t seem as solid.

There is no preview for ep 15 and still no english sub for ep 13 and ep 14. The plot is so jumpy like it was in the beginning. 

You think Hwi will survive the stab from SH? I think so he will miraculously survive like SH did. Hui Jae also survived a stab. Lol. People in this drama survived stabbings. 

57 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Messy hair and drunk Bang-won who seemed to have "lost" his archery skills.

And he blamed it on his shoe. At the end he asked his man to change his shoe. Heeheehee! 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, budgerie said:

What a waste of ep 13 and 14. Bang Won had significant screen time and he is getting fierce. Thankfully he isn't the lead. Doesn't need to bear the "responsibilities" of dropped ratings. 

There is no preview for ep 15 and still no english sub for ep 13 and ep 14. The plot is so jumpy like it was in the beginning. 

You think Hwi will survive the stab from SH? I think so he will miraculously survive like SH did. Lol.

And he blamed it on his shoe. At the end he asked his man to change his shoe. Heeheehee! 

I was thinking the drop in ratings could be due to the baseball matches? Korea was playing against Mexico and Japan the last 2 nights. SBS suspended its drama this week.

And of coz Hwi will survive the stab. Knetz have commented that this show is about phoenixes, who can all come back to life after dying hahaha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking the drop in ratings could be due to the baseball matches? Korea was playing against Mexico and Japan the last 2 nights. SBS suspended its drama this week.

And of coz Hwi will survive the stab. Knetz have commented that this show is about phoenixes, who can all come back to life after dying hahaha

Oh. I thought the dropped rating was due to no subtitle than I figured out koreans need no subtitles. :sweat_smile: I enjoyed ep 13 and ep 14 because BW is getting fierce and no nonsense. He had gotten enough of his father. Good one Bang Won. Like it when he is in his drunkard state to make BG and old king believe he is no longer a threat. What a marvelous performance JH did there at the archery ground. Can blame his shoe some more :joy: I like it when he acts this way. The cannot be bothered way. He is damn good in it.

Wait...did he blame it on his shoe or on the arrow board? I remember reading a shoe...hahaha! 

It is like no kick any more. Usually when people got stabbed, we will be wondering oh dear, will he or she survive? But in this drama, we know the ones who got stabbed will survive so it becomes so predicted. 

Btw, why no preview for ep 15? Still filming?  

• Like 4

A comment that I came across from a chinese netizen : commented that because she/he had watched 6 flying dragon and knew the story of Bang Won more in detailed, coming here to MC, the drama was such a disappointment. Only watching for the sake of JH. The plot is a mess. Making a mess of BW real life story. Netizen said it is not the fault of the artistes or the director because they are just following the script but the fault lies with the writer because she wrote a mess. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Btw, why no preview for ep 15? Still filming?  

The support truck picture that we saw yesterday indicates they are still filming, and BW still with messy hair. Hmmm.. but since WDH cut his hair, I guess NSH should be dead already? But why is BW not king yet? Anyway one more week to go, there is supposed to be some twist at the end. We shall see then.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

edited: ah the rating managed to be 4.3% in ep.14 

• Like 3