1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

According to my one korean friend (who also happens to be a history buff) and this is based on a conversation I had with her a long time ago, koreans view Bangwon precisely as a grey character. They see him as ruthless and scary but with respect (of course individual appreciation may vary) but I thought he was viewed like a “Hitler” and she said “Not at all”. Bangwon is seen more like a founding father of the nation, not a villain or a traitor. Monarchs who wasted their time and life on women and acted crazy, abused power but did nothing for the country or those who sold the country are the ones considered “villains”, with traitors and weaklings being the worse. 

That’s good to know! Thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

But I am surprised too that they are still filming when next week is the finale? Thought we can see the wrap up party this weekend.

I thought so too. Such a long and arduous filming haha. At least it was worth it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Finally we get BTS from SidusHQ!!

Click link here for more https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=26879176&memberNo=28456565

17.jpg?type=w1200

This picture is too handsome!!!!! He looks like he's posing for a photoshoot heheh.

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Me either... So I'm thinking this essentially the same trick... 

But I'm confused- Is the dad still the king in ep. 13? 

Yes still King, but I don't know when he's going to abdicate and pass his throne to Bang Gwa. I watched without subs so I could be wrong. And Bang Gwa's role wasn't casted too, so maybe they are only going to give it a passing mention?

I saw the screencaps for today and the article that said tonight will be the 2nd strife of princes. Technically if it is, Bang Gwa would have been sitting on the throne already. Because after LBW beats Bang Gan, he will ascend the throne. I have a feeling we won't see him ascending the throne though... this story isn't about LBW afterall. Maybe they will just end it with the 2 friends going their separate ways but with a wistful memory of the past, and then Hwi leaving Bang Won because he wants to leave a simple life. It will probably just be a knowledge that "Bang Won will take the throne after this" but it won't be shown... my 2 cents from making a wild guess haha.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

This picture is too handsome!!!!! He looks like he's posing for a photoshoot heheh.

Right? Almost all the pics they released looks like they are from a photoshoot. But it's striking how different JH's expression is from YBW. His eyes are gentler and more patient. 

8 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes still King, but I don't know when he's going to abdicate and pass his throne to Bang Gwa. I watched without subs so I could be wrong. And Bang Gwa's role wasn't casted too, so maybe they are only going to give it a passing mention?

I saw the screencaps for today and the article that said tonight will be the 2nd strife of princes. Technically if it is, Bang Gwa would have been sitting on the throne already. Because after LBW beats Bang Gan, he will ascend the throne. I have a feeling we won't see him ascending the throne though... this story isn't about LBW afterall. Maybe they will just end it with the 2 friends going their separate ways but with a wistful memory of the past, and then Hwi leaving Bang Won because he wants to leave a simple life. It will probably just be a knowledge that "Bang Won will take the throne after this" but it won't be shown... my 2 cents from making a wild guess haha.

What a mess... I understand that this is not YBW, but it still needs to makes sense. So we will get another time jump... sigh... Maybe they are not even going to waste time on Bang Gwa rule at all and skip it altogether? Considering they finished the script only last week, it looks like even the writers didn't know what will happen...

I will be honest- I think JH has gotten what he wanted from this show- he got to play out his vision for YBW, and that vision has proven to be a smash success, which is great. I'm just sad that this was the venue he got to realize his vision in... At this point I'm just waiting for the show to end, as JH produces more mind blowing performances, so that he can finally move on the next show, that hopefully has a better story.

• Like 3

Resharing @azureblue7‘s clip... can this be a Joseon Dynasty advertisement for healthy hair/great shampoo? LOL. Look at that glorious hair falling off his shoulders haha. I know it’s not his real hair, but still it’s hilarious!! 

Speaking of hair, I love this razor commercial of his below, so sexy!!! 

Look at this perfect face. No wonder he knows he’s good looking too ROFL. :D Oh wait, maybe Oh Hyun Jae should have this look? But hmm likelihood is low, they probably will want to “uglify” him so that people aren’t distracted while watching the show...

Btw I hope you don’t mind me keep sharing your IG posts here from time to time @azureblue7! There’s a whole lot of JH treasure that you’ve given us fans! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I just watched episode 13 on Dramanice without subs...

Ya, what is happening to the sub? I just checked at Dramacool, still no subtitles! :triumph:

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Also I was thinking about this. @budgerie I wonder if it addresses your curiosity about why he seems so "weak" as compared to the historical definition of the character? My personal take on this is that LBW isn't like that, many a times we see he is decisive and courageous to make difficult decisions, but just that the powerful and ruthless aspect wasn't a persona of LBW that JH wanted to show, perhaps? Cos everyone knows LBW is smart and a great fighter, but not many see the softer side of him. And as for the fighting scenes, I'm coming to think that as a prince, he just lets his minions do all the work and he only kills the important enemies. And since he has limited screentime, he can't show every aspect of LBW. Haha. What do you think? 

I do not know about Korea history so no idea about the real YBW. I only started to search for him when this drama started because as I mentioned in earlier post, he had so many offspring so I was interested to know about his sex life and gosh!

I was told that if I want to find out about YBW life, 6 flying dragon drama is as good as it can get. But since I am not interested in the actor, so.....I will make do with the Bang Won here. 

I would assume the real YBW to be somewhat a great fighter, decisive, quick witted and perhaps ruthless. These are the pre requisites before going to the battlefield right? I guess given the screen time that JH has, he prefers to portray a softer side of Bang Won. If this drama is solely about Bang Won, yes, he will have time to explore the tough side of BW as well as the soft side. But since he doesn't have that much screen time, this is the best we can get out of him and it is truly his best since SOGC. I hope he gets a Baeksang Award for this role.  

As for the fighting, in any war drama that we see, in order to conquer the other nation or kingdom or country, the general or warrior of this side has to fight the best warrior from the other side. As for all the small soldiers, leave it to the minions to do the job. Lol. 

I didn't see Bang Won as a weakling here. I only didn't like the way the script is written in certain parts. Fighting is 1 of them. Since Bang Won is a great warrior, at least show us a scene where BW fights. Not he just appear with bloodstain on his face but who had he fought with?

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Dramanice or Dramacool all took their subs from Netflix, so if Netflix doesn't have, they wont either.

See @Prettysupwe should have persisted with the learning of K language. Hahaha! I haven't given up on the language yet but it is taking me a long time to remember the alphabets. 

And so now what? We have to guess what they are talking about with no subtitles? :blink:

Of coz that is not the reason, JH is too professional for that.

But I am surprised too that they are still filming when next week is the finale? Thought we can see the wrap up party this weekend.

I am waiting for him to go on an interview! You think he will do one? Or at least an interview about his new drama. 

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

They did mentioned Bang Gwa in ep 13. Bang won told his dad Bang Gwa is going to be the next king as he is the eldest, so pls abdicate.

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

What a mess... I understand that this is not YBW, but it still needs to makes sense. So we will get another time jump... sigh... Maybe they are not even going to waste time on Bang Gwa rule at all and skip it altogether? Considering they finished the script only last week, it looks like even the writers didn't know what will happen...

I will be honest- I think JH has gotten what he wanted from this show- he got to play out his vision for YBW, and that vision has proven to be a smash success, which is great. I'm just sad that this was the venue he got to realize his vision in... At this point I'm just waiting for the show to end, as JH produces more mind blowing performances, so that he can finally move on the next show, that hopefully has a better story.

Why are u judging the rest of the story before they have even shown it? Give it a chance  :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

See @Prettysupwe should have persisted with the learning of K language. Hahaha! I haven't given up on the language yet but it is taking me a long time to remember the alphabets. 

And so now what? We have to guess what they are talking about with no subtitles? :blink:

I am waiting for him to go on an interview! You think he will do one? Or at least an interview about his new drama. 

Haha I give up on waiting so I am watching with Chinese subs now but I do not understand some words and it really needs my 100% concentration. I literally got to pause the show before I can reply you, whereas if I had been watching with English subs, I could do both concurrently haha..

Well I think we get will subs eventually, either by Netflix, or some other streaming sites manage to rope in their own subbers after they realise they cannot rely on Netflix anymore.

And yes i am expecting an interview, typically they have one after the show ends.

• Like 2

I don't like it either, it cannot be the new hairdo as he becomes the king right?

Ahhh well at least someone ilkes it so it's not that bad after all hahaha

Lol. When I like his hairstyle, I don't care whether he is king or prince or who. I just like him with slightly messy hairstyle in saeguk drama. And I like the #2 picture, the one which is the moonlight night look...he looked so tempting in that look. :yum:

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Me either... So I'm thinking this essentially the same trick... 

But I'm confused- Is the dad still the king in ep. 13? 

Yes, dad is still king but we don't know what is going on as there is no subtitle. Why did king arrow his clip? I take it that the king is telling him that he is unfit to be a king or a prince? So frustrating when I do not know what is being said. He had long conversation there with his father and he raised his voice until it sounded hoarse. 

I don't think writer is going to waste time on Bang Gwa. It would probably just be a mention or a short clip showing BG wear the king robe. 

Given Bang Won popularity now, I think show will let us see Bang Won ascend the throne. If he doesn't, netizens will scold. And I want to see the great King Bang Won (JH) ascend the throne! Oh, 1 of my wish was to see him act as an Emperor and I got my wish fulfilled in such a way. Lol.

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

And some fanciful GIF too

Did he change his fan again? The one with blood stain was torn. Changed to a black one. Now this one. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Watching with Chinese subs now but I do not understand some words and it really needs my 100% concentration. I literally got to pause the show before I can reply you, whereas if I had been watching with English subs, I could do both concurrently haha..

Oh, chinese sub is out? Ok, discuss later. Let me go watch in chinese subtitle. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I give up on waiting so I am watching with Chinese subs now but I do not understand some words and it really needs my 100% concentration. I literally got to pause the show before I can reply you, whereas if I had been watching with English subs, I could do both concurrently haha..

Where did you watch the one with mandarin subs? I need to understand at least what they were saying in Episode 13 so that I can watch Episode 14 raw with abit of context :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Why are u judging the rest of the story before they have even shown it? Give it a chance  :) 

Give what a chance? The show is almost done. It's not gonna suddenly magically change and in the three last episodes have character development and a time line that is coherent. We're by the end and I still don't understand what was the point of this show! What was the overarching story here? Now I see that the synopsis of the show was accurate- the plot of the show is as vague as it was :smirk:

If you happen to enjoy the show itself, than that's great. I'm glad for you. I didn't. And JH not being the lead is just one of the reasons. Right now I'm kinda hoping that someone will create a supercut of all of JH's scenes so that I can rewatch that...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Think this is essentially the same trick from episode 3? YBW and his men pretending to be drunk, when in fact they are sober and waiting for action? The next episodes should be showing the second strife and YBW finally becoming a king, right? So, I can't imagine we'll be spending too much time on a broken YBW, but who knows with this show...

Let him be broken for a scene or two, he is only human :P but he’ll quickly snap out of it 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1