3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I like his look! I like him with hair half tied up. Moustache. A little untidy looking.....but when he acted loud or act funny, it was a resemblance of Li Gun. 

Am I the only one who likes Honey Lee in this drama? B)

His look greatly improved. The dark foundation and bad lighting on set scenes were the problem. 

I love Honey Lee in general. I find her stunning in historical look. I loved her more in the drama Rebel though. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Really I don't feel any thing extraordinary. I just feel bromance. As for "he is my man" sounds common to me because in C period drama - you hear this quite often 他是我的人.....(he is my man). :sweat_smile:

You don’t but many do and that’s the point. To leave things subtle and tell the actual story but trigger people’s fantasy (for whomever wants to go with it) I find it actually amusing, the whole thing. I saw a fanart of Banghwi as a couple and I was like Lol! People are funny 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

You don’t but many do and that’s the point. To leave things subtle and tell the actual story but trigger people’s fantasy (for whomever wants to go with it) I find it actually amusing, the whole thing. I saw a fanart of Banghwi as a couple and I was like Lol! People are funny 

It also seems to be part of Korean idol culture. Korean male idols often provide homoerotic fanservice though I never bothered to think much about it except that it looked super akward. So preference for flowery(girly) looks among Korean male idols can also be deliberate?

Now you've pointed out I'm forced to see Money Flower and bunch of other Korean dramas in totally new light. I used to think that all of those interactions were 'innocent' probably because in my culture it's completely OK to show too much affection towards same sex friends and I think same is also true for Korean culture.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

It also seems to be part of Korean idol culture. Korean male idols often provide homoerotic fanservice though I never bothered to think much about it except that it looked super akward. So preference for flowery(girly) looks among Korean male idols can also be deliberate?

Now you've pointed out I'm forced to see Money Flower and bunch of other Korean dramas in totally new light. I used to think that all of those interactions were 'innocent' probably because in my culture it's completely OK to show too much affection towards same sex friends and I think same is also true for Korean culture.

Nah! There’s affection and affection. The way Bucheon and Piljoo ate those apples has nothing to do with “affection”. It was homo-erotic innuendo and it was damn blatant. Also they way Bucheon would stare at Piljoo. WOL Poong - Chilsung bromance or Lee Gun - Sec Tak bromance was much more like the playful friendly banter you refer to (though there was butt smacking from Lee Gun and Sec Tak haha!) Im ok with all kinds of fantasies and pairings imagined or insinuated as long as its consensual and not abusive, all is good with me :P 

But, yes, kpop idol culture exploits the flower boy concept to a fault and yet ironically, korean society is still pretty closed minded regarding LGBTQ community rights. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, budgerie said:

Really I don't feel any thing extraordinary. I just feel bromance. As for "he is my man" sounds common to me because in C period drama - you hear this quite often 他是我的人.....(he is my man). :sweat_smile:

Haha I also had no feeling, not even bromance. I guess in general I am not a very 'feeling' type of person, when I watch dramas I am quite distant type.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I also had no feeling, not even bromance. I guess in general I am not a very 'feeling' type of person, when I watch dramas I am quite distant type.

Perhaps you and me are quite similar in our choice of drama. I am not "distant" because I rant alot but you don't usually rant. Usually I will rant about the plot. I hardly notice about men-men relationship or women-women relationship. I only pay attention to the man-woman relationship :sweat_smile: Maybe the writer wanted to show bromance but too much bromance here....hahaha.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AgnesO said:

This is the dilemma of a fan.  I'm also aware of his age, and know there'll come a time he'll gradually have to take on supporting role, or even lesser of him.  So I want to see him on screen now as much as possible, and treasure every appearance of him on screen.  Afterall,  I'm first attracted to him because of his screen presence and passionate acting, and of course his handsome face.

But I have to say, I'm proud of his supporting roles so far.  The impact he has created with the little screen time he has makes me glad that I'm his fan. 

You are so right! Treasure him as much as possible while he is still on screen. Some day when he decides to cut down his filming, we can always go back to his old drama to watch him. 

17 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

But then you have people fantasizing about these and creating “ships” and creating fanfic and fanart based on those.

You are so right. Can't people just enjoy a drama without creating ships. Especially if the actor or actress is already married. This is so insensitive. It's like telling your spouse that he/she should be marrying someone else instead of you.

I happened to browse a drama trailer. Not Jang Hyuk. Already people are saying things like "they should be together in real life" "they are meant to be with each other" "he is looking at her like he is in love with her" "they should get married" and all those stuff. Don't you want to faint??!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

You are so right. Can't people just enjoy a drama without creating ships. Especially if the actor or actress is already married. This is so insensitive. It's like telling your spouse that he/she should be marrying someone else instead of you.

I happened to browse a drama trailer. Not Jang Hyuk. Already people are saying things like "they should be together in real life" "they are meant to be with each other" "he is looking at her like he is in love with her" "they should get married" and all those stuff. Don't you want to faint??!! 

Yes I do! Absolutely cannot stand those shippers who ship every couple they see on screen. If everyone end up with their reel-life partners in every drama, wont all actors have multiple spouses by now?? Then all married actors got to quit acting?? They need to know that drama and real life are separate issues !!

Btw I need to rant some more, why no new stills today? Usually they have on Thursdays arrgh... I think JTBC has decided to focus more on promoting new upcoming dramas now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes I do! Absolutely cannot stand those shippers who ship every couple they see on screen. If everyone end up with their reel-life partners in every drama, wont all actors have multiple spouses by now?? Then all married actors got to quit acting?? They need to know that drama and real life are separate issues !!

Btw I need to rant some more, why no new stills today? Usually they have on Thursdays arrgh... I think JTBC has decided to focus more on promoting new upcoming dramas now.

Let's count. If JH ends up with every actress he acts with, how many "partners" by now? Every 6 months change partner. Lol. All these brainless fans! If JH dates every actress he acts with, he is not worth my time for me to hero worship him. :grimace:Hahaha! 

Oh. Afterall MC is already coming to a close. JTBC probably don't see the need anymore. So this year end this drama will be JTBC award or MBC award or what award? I hope Bang Won gets a good one.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think there is no JTBC award haha. Usually cable dramas are just lumped under Korea Drama awards or Baeksang Awards I think. 

I am such a bad fan. I don't bother if it is cable drama or weekend drama. Or I never knew what is the rating. Whether it is MBC or KBS or JTBC. I only put all my attention on JH and the drama. :expressionless:@The Reel Lifethan I hope he gets a Baeksang. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think there is no JTBC award haha. Usually cable dramas are just lumped under Korea Drama awards or Baeksang Awards I think. 

I alao hope he will get an award. He is really great depicting Yi Bang Won..

And @Prettysup is right, where the part 2 of the BTS JTBC promised? :bawling:

Meanwhile, let's admire his beautiful eyes once more...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I am such a bad fan. I don't bother if it is cable drama or weekend drama. Or I never knew what is the rating. Whether it is MBC or KBS or JTBC. I only put all my attention on JH and the drama. :expressionless:@The Reel Lifethan I hope he gets a Baeksang. 

Well at least u know which is the most prestigious award hahaha...

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Woooo

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

And @Prettysup is right, where the part 2 of the BTS JTBC promised? :bawling:

Another gripe I have with JTBC is that they release everything with no translation. I checked and I noticed that some of the videos JTBC uploads do have a translation! I'm so frustrated by this- I really want to know what is being said in the last BTS they released... :tears: Besides the Kimchi from nectarines comment... :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Already people are saying things like "they should be together in real life" "they are meant to be with each other" "he is looking at her like he is in love with her" "they should get married" and all those stuff. Don't you want to faint??!! 

Then this is another level of delusion or maybe the couple is aleardy rumored to be in a relationship.lols 

One advantage of following JH is that he can't be shipped and fans can breathe in peace. By the way I've never seen people shipping JH with anybody except Jang Nara that too only for a while. He doesn't do romantic dramas in the first place and his advancing age means he won't be doing anymore in the future. So we are safe. :D

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Another gripe I have with JTBC is that they release everything with no translation. I checked and I noticed that some of the videos JTBC uploads do have a translation! I'm so frustrated by this- I really want to know what is being said in the last BTS they released... :tears: Besides the Kimchi from nectarines comment... :) 

I think those you see with subs are fans-translated. Anyone can add in subs to youtube if you understand the language.

And ok, I think they just released a new BTS !!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I think those you see with subs are fans-translated. Anyone can add in subs to youtube if you understand the language.

I don't know... the clips were really long clips from one of their shows, actually looked interesting... If it's fan translated- well, is there a Korean speaking fan that can come to the rescue?! :weary: I swear I'm going to learn Korean... so frustrating...

• LOL 1

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't know... the clips were really long clips from one of their shows, actually looked interesting... If it's fan translated- well, is there a Korean speaking fan that can come to the rescue?! :weary: I swear I'm going to learn Korean... so frustrating...

Which show is it? Another possibility is that a foreign network translated it eg Netflix or Kocowa TV due to its appeal to overseas viewers.

In any case, yeah the best way is to learn Korean, which some of us here had tried too haha..

• Like 1