14 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Sorry! I know I'm crazy! I don't know what all of you are talking about. I need to backread! But Jang Hyuk! I love him so much. He is an amazing actor. I loved watching him in Money Flower!! 

Hello to you! Yes I love Pil Joo so much too. Esp when he rolled up his sleeve and without the jacket. Hahaha! Please join us to chit chat about our amazing actor. 

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually am excited about this. :)  I mean, we know that YBW is not going to die, so this is actually a good thing for YBW as a character- it will probably reveal a different side of him, maybe a bit softer. Also, someone needs to take care of him, so maybe we'll finally get to meet his wife (if the writers even remember that he is married, that is). And the best thing- it's more than likely that we will get a shirtless YBW scene! Finally! :lol: I mean, I've been loving JH's clothes in this show, but, come on... 

The only thing that might be concerning is that due to the injury, JH's screen time will be shorter if he's unconscious. That, I won't like...

@Biology LessonCome, let's play Director ourselves again. I have not watched ep 8 yet. But here's my thoughts about the injury. I think it is a plot between Hwi and BW. Because Hwi is the lead, he is not going to die yet at this point of time in the drama. But in that era, if one tries to assasinate the Prince, his head will roll on the floor. So I feel this could be a plot to injure BW either to frame the Chief Secretary or to gain the Chief Secretary trust. Because Hwi is answerable to the Chief Secretary, probably he has to injure BW to show his loyalty. So with the CS trust, Hwi is able to inform BW what's coming next. And because of BW being injured, perhaps the girl will come nurse him to health and agree to work for him. Maybe she feels guilty because it is Hwi who injured BW. And with BW injured and having to be on "medical leave", he is able to plan his next move from his home without people suspecting him. Hahaha! 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hello to you! Yes I love Pil Joo so much too. Esp when he rolled up his sleeve and without the jacket. Hahaha! Please join us to chit chat about our amazing actor. 

@Biology LessonCome, let's play Director ourselves again. I have not watched ep 8 yet. But here's my thoughts about the injury. I think it is a plot between Hwi and BW. Because Hwi is the lead, he is not going to die yet at this point of time in the drama. But in that era, if one tries to assasinate the Prince, his head will roll on the floor. So I feel this could be a plot to injure BW either to frame the Chief Secretary or to gain the Chief Secretary trust. Because Hwi is answerable to the Chief Secretary, probably he has to injure BW to show his loyalty. So with the CS trust, Hwi is able to inform BW what's coming next. And because of BW being injured, perhaps the girl will come nurse him to health and agree to work for him. Maybe she feels guilty because it is Hwi who injured BW. And with BW injured and having to be on "medical leave", he is able to plan his next move from his home without people suspecting him. Hahaha! 

Sounds likely some of the things you said! Except I don’t think the girl will nurse him back to health. She doesn’t care for him at all and only cares for Hwi and his sister haha. 

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk has arrived in Japan Haneda airport today, for the fan meeting tomorrow. No pics at the airport were allowed same as previously, but according to Japanese fans, he was wearing leather jacket, black pants, black hat, grey sneakers and thick sunglasses. Still with long hair.

https://1janghyuk.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11153.html

Seriously can’t wait. Anyone going? Please please share your experiences! Hopefully we will get some pictures from the event too. 

• Like 4

Ep 8 Oh! This is good piece of news for Stepmother. Finally the King revealed, the younger the Crown Prince, the longer the King stays on the throne! So she thought her son is the favoured son ;) 

I still can't decide if I trust Hwi will be loyal to BW. When BW said to Hwi "count me in" I seem to think Hwi is not exactly loyal but playing with both sides. I seem to feel the soldiers in BW residence are not highly skilled. It's so easy for Hwi to run around BW residence and shoot the arrow. :sweat:

I think Bang Won is prepared for Hwi because he casually said "you're here" so calmly. Maybe is a plot between him and Hwi to frame the Chief Secretary. I hope so. And also so that BW need not leave his residence to go South. 

BW conversation and anger when talking to the King was so heartbreaking. You can feel BW holding back tears and feel very angry and sad at the same time. JH is superb in this scene. But he is superb in every scenes he appear. Like it when he tells the CP not to hide behind a skirt. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Except I don’t think the girl will nurse him back to health. She doesn’t care for him at all and only cares for Hwi and his sister haha. 

Since BW already knows Hwi has a sister, he could use this to get the girl to work for him. Like if you work for me, I will rescue Hwi sister...(maybe). Otherwise his speech to her to work for him at Ilhawaru the other day seems redundant. BW does not speak carelessly. And for such words to come out from BW mouth could mean something. This is just my thoughts. And I simply love it when he opens that fan! Maybe having a fan thingy is JH idea. Add spice to BW role. Hahaha! And since JH perspire so much, the fan does come in handy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

That pout is JH’s not LBW hahahah!

Anyone here knows how to bow and arrow? I am not sure but I heard that the person has to hold the instrument very closely to his lips and maybe that is what causes the pout...hahaha! I don't know - just guessing. :lol:

I saw the preview for ep 9 (without subtitle). Seems Bang Won is fine. He went to court wearing that white garment. And the Chief Secretary got a shocked when he saw Hwi and Bang Won. And the girl appeared infront of the Queen. Could she have agreed to work for BW? 

Oh, I actually came across a comment (saw at Dramacool), someone didn't like JH acting. :blink: I saw the bts for Hwi's hunting scene, he was holding his script. The script looked clean compared to JH :blush:

I went back to watch ep 1. BW said they can't win without Hwi. Ok, so Hwi is loyal to BW and BW ordered him to go to a certain place with his soldiers and said Nam Jeon is there. So has NJ decided to join forces with BW to oust the king? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Since BW already knows Hwi has a sister, he could use this to get the girl to work for him. Like if you work for me, I will rescue Hwi sister...(maybe). Otherwise his speech to her to work for him at Ilhawaru the other day seems redundant. BW does not speak carelessly. And for such words to come out from BW mouth could mean something. This is just my thoughts. And I simply love it when he opens that fan! Maybe having a fan thingy is JH idea. Add spice to BW role. Hahaha! And since JH perspire so much, the fan does come in handy. 

Yah i was wondering what happened to that offer for her to work for him. Perhaps there will be some interaction once she becomes the head of Iwharu. However I find the writing of the show abit sloppy. Like how somethings are skipped and we just have to figure them out, and so I sometimes also wonder whether certain scripts and storyline are just abit careless. Nothing to do with LBW’s personality, but wondering if it’s more of the scriptwriter’s carelessness haha. 

Compared wigh Money Flower, the writing in that was super tight. Very little loopholes and everything was realistic. 

And like you said, I too can’t figure out why LBW would just let a hunter run him over and trick him again and again. It’s not consistent with the ferocious personality that YBW has, but that’s just how the writer wants to story to go, so I guess it is what it is haha. To that I attribute it to the writing haha. :joy:

And i think Hwi definitely doesn’t trust LBW, he is just using him to defeat Nam Jeon, and truth be told he would probably switch sides anytime for his only goal is to save his sister. I don’t think being loyal to anyone is what he cares at this point. As for LBW, I too don’t know if he trusts Hwi, maybe both are just using each other and everyone in this show is just grey with no clear good or evil. They are just doing whatever it takes for their own benefit. However, maybe that may change in the future, not sure. But there needs to be some deeper story for them to really trust each other. Maybe that will be the Seo Geom card?

My personal opinion is that whether they trust each other earnestly is not what matters to them. All LBW wants is the throne, and all Hwi wants is a peaceful life with his sister and Hee Jae. We have the added benefit of knowing that LBW triumphs in the end. As long as they don’t tone down his claws please. Haha. He is smarter than that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I went back to watch ep 1. BW said they can't win without Hwi. Ok, so Hwi is loyal to BW and BW ordered him to go to a certain place with his soldiers and said Nam Jeon is there. So has NJ decided to join forces with BW to oust the king? 

I think LBW ordered Hwi to go there to kill Nam Jeon. Hwi confronted Sun Ho and said that he will kill Nam Jeon and take his own life after that. But Sun Ho was going to prevent Hwi from killing his father. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yah i was wondering what happened to that offer for her to work for him. Perhaps there will be some interaction once she becomes the head of Iwharu. However I find the writing of the show abit sloppy. Like how somethings are skipped and we just have to figure them out, and so I sometimes also wonder whether certain scripts and storyline are just abit careless. Nothing to do with LBW’s personality, but wondering if it’s more of the scriptwriter’s carelessness haha. 

Yup so true. If she doesn't work for Bang Won, means Bang Won just blurted that out. But knowing Bang Won, he doesn't simply blurt out words. I hope Writer-nim doesn't forget what she had written. :sweatingbullets:

13 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Compared wigh Money Flower, the writing in that was super tight. Very little loopholes and everything was realistic. 

My personal opinion is that whether they trust each other earnestly is not what matters to them. All LBW wants is the throne, and all Hwi wants is a peaceful life with his sister and Hee Jae. We have the added benefit of knowing that LBW triumphs in the end. As long as they don’t tone down his claws please. Haha. He is smarter than that!

Agree! MF was so well written. I don't recall us complaining about the script. 

Agree with you too. It's a win-win for both. I help you oust the King. I have a peaceful life with my sister and my girlfriend. But when I went back to ep 1, ok, for now, Hwi is on BW side and that's a good news. We need to get rid of the Nam Jeon and his son and the stepmother. 

I didn't watch the whole episodes. I mostly watched JH parts so I wonder who is Poeun? Did he appear in the drama?

Or it is just "Tell" again? since I didn't see LBW killing anyone except the animals in the forest.

JH is so great!!! can't really comment about other characters for their acting. but I like the actors playing Nam Jeon and the King.

I think Nam Jeon is more cruel than LBW.  At least LBW feels bad for killing people. 

by the way, I am confused now. Hwi's goal is to save his sister so he uses LBW in order to eliminating NamJeon right?

and I somehow get upset at Hwi for using LBW. I am actually upset whoever tries to harm LBW though :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, nyk said:

I didn't watch the whole episodes. I mostly watched JH parts so I wonder who is Poeun? Did he appear in the drama?

Or it is just "Tell" again? since I didn't see LBW killing anyone except the animals in the forest.

Poeun (Jeong Mong Ju) was a real-life historical character. He was a scholar/diplomat with much influence during the later Goryeo period. Wikipedia link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeong_Mong-ju

His assassination is considered to be starting point to the fall of Goryeo dynasty, a statement for the rebellion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nyk said:

JH is so great!!! can't really comment about other characters for their acting. but I like the actors playing Nam Jeon and the King.

I think Nam Jeon is more cruel than LBW.  At least LBW feels bad for killing people. 

by the way, I am confused now. Hwi's goal is to save his sister so he uses LBW in order to eliminating NamJeon right?

and I somehow get upset at Hwi for using LBW. I am actually upset whoever tries to harm LBW though :lol:

Yes it was a 'tell' event again, YBW killed Po-eun to help his father ascend the throne, since he was loyal to the old Goryeo dyanasty. U can read about him in the link @SirRaizel provided above.

And yeah Hwi was using LBW, he is the lead, he is the hero, of coz he will be the one having the upper hand haha.. after all this is drama land, need to accept the fictitious storyline, don’t get too serious.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And yeah Hwi was using LBW, he is the lead, he is the hero, of coz he will be the one having the upper hand haha.. after all this is drama land, need to accept the fictitious storyline, don’t get too serious.

Haha, almost forgot that Hwi is the lead, too mesmerize by LBW here, he's too charismatic that I thought the show is all about LBW, lol... I've even forgiven him for hunting down the animals cos he looks so cool on that horse while shooting arrows (sorry creatures).

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

I think you are probably right about it being a ploy between Hwi and BW. But, since the writers are working extra hard to make Hwi seem like a genius strategist, the writers will probably make it that it was his idea.

As to the girl taking care of YBW- have you seen the way she took care of Hwi? Did no one notice that when she fell asleep after "taking care" of him and bandaging him, he was still filthy and covered with blood? This girl knows nothing about taking care of people! If she ends up taking care of YBW, he will probably die of infection!:lol: 

I agree with The Reel Life  when she says that the writing is sloppy on this show, so it's quite hard to predict where the show will take this. The only thing we can be sure of is that JH will be epic and beautiful and so will his numerous fans! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, nyk said:

I laughed at this. This is a TELL drama, not a show drama. Hahaha! 

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Haha, almost forgot that Hwi is the lead, 

I also keep thinking JH is the lead. The way he performs is really like he is the lead.

35 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But, since the writers are working extra hard to make Hwi seem like a genius strategist, the writers will probably make it that it was his idea.

As to the girl taking care of YBW- have you seen the way she took care of Hwi? Did no one notice that when she fell asleep after "taking care" of him and bandaging him, he was still filthy and covered with blood? This girl knows nothing about taking care of people! If she ends up taking care of YBW, he will probably die of infection!:lol: 

I agree with The Reel Life  when she says that the writing is sloppy on this show, so it's quite hard to predict where the show will take this. The only thing we can be sure off is that JH will be epic and beautiful and so will his numerous fans! 

Yes, since Hwi is the lead, the writer making Hwi more genius and skillful than Bang Won. WHICH I DONT LIKE. Suddenly making Bang Won not the ferocious warrior anymore. Suddenly making Bang Won listening to Hwi. 

I laughed so much. Ok, I take back my words. She better not nurse Bang Won to health. He will indeed die of infection! :sweat_smile:This drama has some details not detailed enough. The "timing" department has forgotten to change the Crown Prince to someone older. The "effects" department forgot to darken the sky so that we knew Bang Won had stood for 4 hours. The "art" department had forgotten to clean up Hwi wounds after treatment. Lol. 

Exactly. The storyline is TELL more than SHOW. Don't know how the story will go. There's 8 more eps to go (is it 16 eps in total)? In 8 eps, we need to get rid of the stepmother, we need to get rid of the Chief Secretary and his son, we need to oust the King. We need to kill the Crown Prince. We need to rescue Hwi sister. There's quite alot to do though. 

In ep 8, randomly there is this bro of Bang Won that appeared. Is he the one going to take over the throne first before Bang Won? I want to see Bang Won become King. Writer-nim, please remember this. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Haha, almost forgot that Hwi is the lead, too mesmerize by LBW here, he's too charismatic that I thought the show is all about LBW, lol... I've even forgiven him for hunting down the animals cos he looks so cool on that horse while shooting arrows (sorry creatures).

Yeah love him on horseback with his bow. I think that’s all the action scenes we can expect from LBW since he is a prince so he probably doesn’t need to lift his hands to fight physically. Wonder whether he’ll do action scenes in the new OCN drama? Since PD said it’s gonna be different from Voice.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes, since Hwi is the lead, the writer making Hwi more genius and skillful than Bang Won. WHICH I DONT LIKE. Suddenly making Bang Won not the ferocious warrior anymore. Suddenly making Bang Won listening to Hwi. 

yes I hope the writer continues to keep LBW genius and not used by Hwi again and again. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nyk said:

yes I hope the writer continues to keep LBW genius and not used by Hwi again and again. 

But Hwi is the lead. It has to happen this way.:tired:

More balanced situation would be if both of them would be helping each-other. I don't why but for me this drama lacks sense of urgency. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Just to show to what lengths the show will go in order to glorify Hwi- Prettysup posted on the My Country Soompi forum information about Po-eun and his death, and according to this information the reality was that YBW DIDN'T kill Po-eun himself, like the show claims. In reality it was 5 men that he hired  to kill him. So the show switches this in order to invent an excuse as to why YBW needs Hwi.

And my question is- why not use reality, shift the entire show in time a few years back, and make it Hwi and his 4 idiot friends the 5 men that were hired to kill Po-eun?! In that way we could have seen all the things that YBW did for his father, understand how betrayed he felt, and not be reduced to being told about all those things- making this "the tell show". Instead, the show wasted two episodes on establishing the 3 fictional main characters in a time that was in the middle of the historical story. This why we're jumping around in time in a confusing way, and every now and again a character will mention in passing an important historical detail, confusing the viewer even more! 

This show is so lucky to have JH in it- he's so impressive that he makes people disregard all the flaws of this show. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2