Quantcast

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

LDH in Daegil or Slave Hunter is after her surgery. I think she's cuter when she act in My Girl and Robbers. at least I dont distract with how difference her face at that time. lol

Er yes, I like her face in Robbers. I thought she looked fine in Chuno. Not much changes. 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Pic posted by actress Kim Gyu-ri.

According to the news, she drew the fan he used it in the drama.

Look at the table, lots of prop food for JH to eat. :yum:

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

OMG, is right! I don't even know what to say about these pictures... They're almost too much- too sensual, too intimate... like we're not supposed to see them... :sweatingbullets:

Would you say that this is the most sensual that we've seen JH being? 

I love those dreamy eyes. The one on the sofa with his leg propped up is very sensual. :wub: 

• Like 5

Woosh! Can't wait for ep 7 to come. So excited! I hope the girl will decide to work for Bang Won. Liking his interactions with her and liking his interactions with his father. Since it's only 16 episodes (am I right is 16?), let's not waste time on unnecessary scenes but get straight to the point where stepmother is gone and BW kills the people he needed to kill in order to rise up to the throne. :sweat_smile:But since it's only 16 eps, don't know whether the drama will show his other bro take the throne first or not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I love those dreamy eyes. The one on the sofa with his leg propped up is very sensual. :wub: 

I likes these shots.. he had got the perfect side profile. And I really like his 2 cute bunny front tooth showing a little. Haha! 

IMG-20191025-121911-330.jpg

IMG-20191025-122515-033.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

So Sidus finally managed to have a decent photoshoot with him.

When was the last time he posed shirtless? Lols

Haha! He didn't go totally shirtless this round too. Guess he is more conservative with age.

• LOL 2

Combination of Jang Hyuk and historical dramas, the unchangeable law of ratings success

127336_114734_855.jpg

It remains unchanged after three years. It's about Jang Hyuk, an actor who goes well with historical dramas. In JTBC's "My Country," a historical drama he chose for the first time in three years, he is shining and fluttering more than anyone else.

JTBC's "My Country," which first aired on October 4, is an action historical drama that depicts people's explosive desire for power and protection by pointing swords at each other over their respective beliefs. "My Country" is set against the backdrop of the late Goryeo and early Joseon. Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang-won, a man with the head of a fox and the heart of a tiger.

Jang Hyuk's unique charisma in historical dramas is making viewers move their minds after a long time. Jang made his debut through the 1997 SBS drama "Model" and played the character "Lee Dae-gil" with impressive acting skills in KBS2TV's "Chuno," which aired in 2010, leaving a strong presence for viewers. In particular, Jang Hyuk's charismatic eyes and colorful action scenes in "Chuno" did a great job in making "Lee Dae-gil" his life character.

Afterwards, Jang showed a unique presence in historical dramas, drawing huge love from viewers. Through SBS' "The Deep Rooted Tree" (2011), he played the role of "Kang Chae-yoon," an officer in uniform and the royal guard of Sejong (Han Suk-kyu), as well as a delicate internal performance, which earned him a positive response from viewers.

In addition, KBS2TV's "Gaekju 2015" (2015-2016) laid down the heaviness for a while and lightly released the character 'Cheon Bong-sam', while drawing rich emotion lines to give viewers a different charm. The term 'professional historical actor' was also coined.

Jang, however, briefly stopped his historical drama career since "Gaekju 2015," drawing many viewers' regret. This is why many people were so pleased with Jang's choice of "My Country."

Three years have passed, but through "My Country," Jang has shown his ability to play a historical drama. With a fierce look in his eyes, Jang Hyuk holds the viewers' attention again with his trademark action. Moreover, as "My Country" has a heavy sense of traditional historical drama, Jang's performance has been receiving a series of positive reviews from viewers, holding the drama's weight.

Is it the effect of Jang Hyuk? "My Country" started with a 3.5 percent viewership rating for the first episode, and has been steadily rising, recording a 5 percent viewership rating for the recent episode according to AGB Nielsen Korea

"Deep-rooted tree" had a top viewer rating of 25.4 percent, while "Gaekju 2015" had a top rating of 13 percent. As such, Jang has displayed his true value in historical dramas and recorded good performances. Thus, the meeting between Jang and historical dramas has led to the recognition of viewers as "a combination of trust and view" and "a formula of entertainment." His formula for box office success also works in "My Country."

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=127336

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

54 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! He didn't go totally shirtless this round too. Guess he is more conservative with age.

I'm totally immune to shirtless men. I only admire men's chest for aesthetic value nothing else. 

Didn't he say he disliked posing barechested?

It's been nine years since then.:yum:

• LOL 2

Looks like it has been confirmed that JH will be the male lead in "Speak as you See". But I don't think I understand what character is the male lead :blink:. The google translation of this article is really confusing, but seems like the actress is looking forward to work with JH. If anyone can make more sense of this article- please share! :) I really-really hope this will be character driven and has a romance story in it! Oh- and he better not cut his hair!:D

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004270285

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Choi Soo-young 'Speak As You See It' - It's an honour and good fortune to work with Jang Hyuk

Actress Choi Soo-young said she was honored to be working with Jang Hyuk.

Choi Soo-young attended the OCN Thriller House event in Seongdong-gu, Seoul at 7 p.m. on October 25 and introduced the OCN drama "Speak As You See It" (playwright Ko Young-jae and Han Gi-hyun/director Lee Joon-hyung/creator Kim Hong-sun).

Director Kim Hong-sun, who acts as the creator of "Speak As You See It," said the story is about a person named Swimming who can remember the scene as it is, and a cold-hearted profiler chasing a cold serial killer. I want to explain it as a psychological investigation thriller," he said.

Choi Soo-young plays detective Cha Soo-young in "Speak As You See It." "It's the first OCN film in 2020," Choi said. She played a detective who has the ability to remember what she saw once as if she had taken a picture. I don't realize that my abilities will be used well for investigation, but then I meet a profiler (played by Jang Hyuk) and develop my abilities," she explained about her role.

On Jin Seo-yeon, who will also be starring in "Speak As You See It," Choi Soo-young said, "When I first met her, I felt like I knew her for a long time. I spoke well and had similar personalities," she said.

As for Jang Hyuk, she shared a set when he was filming "Money Flowers." He was a senior who I wanted to work together if I had a chance. For me, this meeting is a lucky and an honor," she added.

'Speak as You See It' is a thriller drama that tracks a sneaky genius profiler and detective with photographic memory chasing after a serial killer who was once thought to be dead. Kim Hong-sun, who directed the Liar Game, Pied Piper, Voice 1 and Hand the Guest, participates as a creator. In addition, director Lee Jun-hyeong of 'God's Quiz 1', Ko Young-jae of the movie 'Cha Hyungsa', and new artist Han Ki-hyun add to the expectations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think his sidus image is excellent for this role.. imagine..the eccentric profiler is thinking deeply about the case....haha.

Screenshot-20191025-201746-Instagram.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Kim Hong-sun said, "I must bring in Jang Hyuk . In his previous film 'Voice.', he used more of his body and actions. But in the new drama, he is the genius profiler. You'll be able to see something different."

So will he be a nerdy genius this time? Zero action scene who needs the female detective to rescue him? That will be fun haha... I hope he puts on glasses, that is my wish !! 

original.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So will he be a nerdy genius this time? Zero action scene who needs the female detective to rescue him? That will be fun haha... I hope he puts on glasses, that is my wish !! 

original.jpg

Oh yes..let him be a genius but a nerdy guy and has poor social skills.. The detective will save him?? Hahaha! Now he is the brains and needs protection. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think his sidus image is excellent for this role.. imagine..the eccentric profiler is thinking deeply about the case....haha.

Oh god! I hope he will keep this look for this next role... that would be amazing...

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh yes..let him be a genius but a nerdy guy and has poor social skills.. The detective will save him?? Hahaha! Now he is the brains and needs protection. 

Probably won't be nerdy. The description was "cold hearted genius", so I think he will be more like Lee young from BM. Maybe JH would like to go back to him, perfecting him even more. Even though he was very nearly perfect already... 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh god! I hope he will keep this look for this next role... that would be amazing...

Probably won't be nerdy. The description was "cold hearted genius", so I think he will be more like Lee young from BM. Maybe JH would like to go back to him, perfecting him even more. Even though he was very nearly perfect already... 

I agree with everyone. Please director let him keep his hair now and not make him do those weird hairstyles of the past!!! 

And does Jin Seo Yeon play the killer? I actually hope the killer is someone we don’t know yet. I find it slightly boring if we know who was the actor who was playing the killer at the onset. Like Kim Jae Wook on Voice 1. And I do hope it’s not just one cold blooded case after another but has a lot of heart in it. JH is so good in roles that require him to pour his heart out. Though I’m highly doubtful since it’s OCN. 

Does anyone know much about soo young and Jin Seo Yeon? And they good actresses? I’ve never watched any of their works and don’t see their names much in dramas. I’m glad Soo Young is able to work with JH since she sounds like she really looks up to him! 

• Like 4