Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm watching ep 6, and the characters in the show continue to explain nothing. we have no idea who was the child YBW was with, nor do we see any women in the compound-  Didn't they hire a woman to play his wife?  All they had to do was flash text on screen telling us where we are, and for YBW to make a short comment about the child. Instead we get nothing.

This episode stressed even more the strange omission of the scenes showing YBW protecting his step mother on the road. Twice it was mentioned in the episode as though it was very important as it proved YBW loyalty, but for some reason we didn't get to even see it?! Also, they tell us that the girl almost killed YBW, yet we have no idea why! 

so that the show omits, but, on the other hand, the show does have time to give us almost 30 minutes of nothing in the middle of the episode- we see mainly high jinks with Hwi's band of idiots, an unlikely fight scene- Hwi fending off a group of thirty men with a bow and arrow (!) and, of course, the whole love triangle... all, to me, were boring to the extreme . Maybe my problem is that I really don't care about any of the leads- Hwi is whiny and bland, the girl is arrogant and not very nice, and Nam Seon acts like a spoiled brat that has tantrums... 

It feels like JH is in a completely different show... I think I'll just return to watching only "JH's show"...:ph34r:

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, budgerie said:

Thank you for explaining. Are you korean? So it should actually be pronounced as Ee Bang Won? 

 

 

I'm so so far from being Korean. Lol. Just read here and there.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the korean community & media also praising JH for his portrayal as YBW. If yes, this is such good news. I hope he gets lots of recognition for his work as Yi Bang Won. (But if I can just have a word with this ahjusshi, I would like to tell him that, 2 supporting roles in a span of 1 year is one too many. 2018 WOL, 2019 MC. It's time to go back to lead role). 

 

Apart from the "visual effect" department doing a bad job (not doing a good job letting the audience know that YBW had stood for 4 hrs), the "timing" department is also doing a bad job here. How many years have past since the war or the escape and little brother is still little brother. Shouldn't they change to an older child by now?   

 

Like that pic when he is all sweaty. Even with sweat on his face and neck, he still looks good. Do you notice the scene when YBW captured Hwi back to his residence, at certain angle, he looks like YBW in Empire of Lust. Esp the way YBW sits on the chair while waiting for Hwi to wake up. Loving this Yi Bang Won so much! 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

What if he turns out a jerk.:grimace:

But looks like he is more inclined to kill her instead of having her.:yum:

Even if he is a 100% jerk, we all will still love this Yi Bang Won. Hahaha! I don't think so he will kill her. Looks more like he will have her (heeheehee)! 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm watching ep 6, and the characters in the show continue to explain nothing. we have no idea who was the child YBW was with, nor do we see any women in the compound-  Didn't they hire a woman to play his wife?  All they had to do was flash text on screen telling us where we are, and for YBW to make a short comment about the child. Instead we get nothing.

That's why I said, with this drama, we have to play director ourselves. We assume that girl he fan is his child. I don't think YBW would be so free to fan another person child. 

30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It feels like JH is in a completely different show... I think I'll just return to watching only "JH's show"...:ph34r:

Don't abandon the drama so fast. At most fast forward like what we did with WOL. But yes, this drama editing is bad. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, budgerie said:

That's why I said, with this drama, we have to play director ourselves. We assume that girl he fan is his child. I don't think YBW would be so free to fan another person child. 

Don't abandon the drama so fast. At most fast forward like what we did with WOL. But yes, this drama editing is bad. 

Exactly! We need to act not just as a director, but a writer too... I'm baffled by what's going on here. Again, especially considering the middle of the episode that was a whole lot of nothing...

Oh, I didn't mean I'm gonna stop watching the show. JH is too good here! :)As you said, I'm just going to stick to the JH scenes, what I would call "JH's show" within this show... 

I know I may not be objective- but I think the show runners made a mistake making these characters the only main ones. It doesn't make sense, especially since in every confrontation with YBW, they lose! I think the show feels so badly edited because the show runners are fighting to decrease YBW presence, which leads to major plot points to be lost. YBW should have been named as one of the leads, and that would have made the show more balanced...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is the korean community & media also praising JH for his portrayal as YBW. If yes, this is such good news. I hope he gets lots of recognition for his work as Yi Bang Won. (But if I can just have a word with this ahjusshi, I would like to tell him that, 2 supporting roles in a span of 1 year is one too many. 2018 WOL, 2019 MC. It's time to go back to lead role). 

 

 

 

Erm you must have missed the translations of knetz comments on JH as YBW I posted the last 2 days for ep 5 and 6? Full of praises from Koreans for him.

 

As for lead roles, he has one upcoming in OCN early next year, but i believe he will continue to take on supporting roles from now on. He wants to play characters which he likes regardless of it being a lead or supporting one. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! I don't think so he will kill her. Looks more like he will have her (heeheehee)! 

Yes he will have her to execute her.:skull:

Just kidding...

But if she will try to obstruct his way I don't think he would forgive her. Atleast historical LBW is supposed to be like this. He killed his own brothers.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, budgerie said:

The years of acting and fatherhood had taken its toil on him. Look at his eye bag but he still definitely is very handsome especially as he aged.

Yes he has definitely aged physically and it does show abit. But It’s good in the sense that he gets to play meatier roles and not get stuck playing Prince Charming sort of roles. However a little part of me still hopes that he has a chance to play in an age-appropriate romantic-melo drama/comedy before he really ventures fully into the ahjussi zone haha. 

 

And he is aging like fine wine. He reminds me of George Clooney. The older they get, the hotter they are! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

considering the middle of the episode that was a whole lot of nothing...

Oh, I didn't mean I'm gonna stop watching the show. JH is too good here! :)As you said, I'm just going to stick to the JH scenes, what I would call "JH's show" within this show... 

Yes it was a whole load of boring stuff in the middle :triumph:I actually fast forwarded. 

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the show feels so badly edited because the show runners are fighting to decrease YBW presence, which leads to major plot points to be lost. YBW should have been named as one of the leads, and that would have made the show more balanced...

The forest scene itself already we can see a big hole there and we don't know what happen there. I don't deny maybe the production team originally only wanted JH to be a supporting role but this supporting role is getting more attention than the leads now. 

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Erm you must have missed the translations of knetz comments on JH as YBW I posted the last 2 days for ep 5 and 6? Full of praises from Koreans for him.

 

As for lead roles, he has one upcoming in OCN early next year, but i believe he will continue to take on supporting roles from now on. He wants to play characters which he likes regardless of it being a lead or supporting one. 

Sorry sorry, I didn't miss it but I must have mis read it. I thought the praises were from Intenational Fans. 

I feel too, he will continue to do supporting roles for the sake of wanting to spend more time with his family. Who knows, it might be part of his family planning (not making babies ah), maybe the first 10 years of marriage - go all the way for his career and financial, next 10 years gear more towards children upbringing and family life. 

10 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Yes he will have her to execute her.:skull:

Just kidding...

But if she will try to obstruct his way I don't think he would forgive her. Atleast historical LBW is supposed to be like this. He killed his own brothers.

 But this Yi Bang Won is different. He wants to show more the humanity side of the character. He won't kill a girl. Lol. I think he will corner her to do his bidding more than he would kill her. If you don't do what I say, I will kill Hwi that sort of thing more like it. With this drama, we have to play director as well. Hahaha! 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes he has definitely aged physically and it does show abit. But It’s good in the sense that he gets to play meatier roles and not get stuck playing Prince Charming sort of roles. However a little part of me still hopes that he has a chance to play in an age-appropriate romantic-melo drama/comedy before he really ventures fully into the ahjussi zone haha. 

 

And he is aging like fine wine. He reminds me of George Clooney. The older they get, the hotter they are! 

I find that it is true that k men looks better as they aged. JH is a classic example. Let me see...apart from Bad Papa, has he played a father role? It'll be nice if he can do a father role to young children. He would definitely bring all his real life years of experience as a father to the table. That'll be interesting. He is already prince charming in any role he is in so no need to particularly go for prince charming roles (hahaha). I am fine with romance but please no, I pine for you, you pine for me that sort of plot or lovesick that sort of plot, I can't live without you that sort of plot! Whew! 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Didn't they hire a woman to play his wife? 

IDK why I laughed reading this. I can sense your frustration :sweat_smile:They definitely didn't hire a woman to play Bang Won wife. Bang Won hasn't got any sons at this point of time as his 3 sons are dead so no sons to compete for the next Crown Prince "election" (not for BangWon generation but is for after Bang Won generation). So his wife role is redundant. Hence, they didn't hire one. 

 

The scene where he fan his daughter is probably just to show the human side of Bang Won as what JH wanted to portray. 

 

@Biology LessonMaybe korean audience know their history well so many details are omitted from the drama. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Yes it was a whole load of boring stuff in the middle :triumph:I actually fast forwarded. 

The forest scene itself already we can see a big hole there and we don't know what happen there. I don't deny maybe the production team originally only wanted JH to be a supporting role but this supporting role is getting more attention than the leads now. 

Sorry sorry, I didn't miss it but I must have mis read it. I thought the praises were from Intenational Fans. 

I feel too, he will continue to do supporting roles for the sake of wanting to spend more time with his family. Who knows, it might be part of his family planning (not making babies ah), maybe the first 10 years of marriage - go all the way for his career and financial, next 10 years gear more towards children upbringing and family life. 

 But this Yi Bang Won is different. He wants to show more the humanity side of the character. He won't kill a girl. Lol. I think he will corner her to do his bidding more than he would kill her. If you don't do what I say, I will kill Hwi that sort of thing more like it. With this drama, we have to play director as well. Hahaha! 

I find that it is true that k men looks better as they aged. JH is a classic example. Let me see...apart from Bad Papa, has he played a father role? It'll be nice if he can do a father role to young children. He would definitely bring all his real life years of experience as a father to the table. That'll be interesting. He is already prince charming in any role he is in so no need to particularly go for prince charming roles (hahaha). I am fine with romance but please no, I pine for you, you pine for me that sort of plot or lovesick that sort of plot, I can't live without you that sort of plot! Whew! 

 

 

In Voice, he had a young son too.

 

And about the missing forest scene, I was thinking, maybe they did plan to shoot it, but in the process somehow JH got injured (above his eyebrow) ? Then they decided to do away with it as he was recuperating  and could not re-shoot? I dunno, just my wild guess...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

In Voice, he had a young son too.

 

And about the missing forest scene, I was thinking, maybe they did plan to shoot it, but in the process somehow JH got injured (above his eyebrow) ? Then they decided to do away with it as he was recuperating  and could not re-shoot? I dunno, just my wild guess...

Thanks! Ya I forgotten about his son in VOICE. 

The thing is he doesn't come out (or maybe not asked to come out since he is a supporting role) to talk about the drama or have an interview. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thanks! Ya I forgotten about his son in VOICE. 

The thing is he doesn't come out (or maybe not asked to come out since he is a supporting role) to talk about the drama or have an interview. 

 

Maybe we can get one after the drama ended. I remember some pics he shared sometime in July during one of his rare returns to instagram. Are they for some interview ??

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

In Voice, he had a young son too.

 

And about the missing forest scene, I was thinking, maybe they did plan to shoot it, but in the process somehow JH got injured (above his eyebrow) ? Then they decided to do away with it as he was recuperating  and could not re-shoot? I dunno, just my wild guess...

In swordsman (if we ever get to see it at all..:tears:), he also plays a father.  I thought maybe the forest scene  got edited out since they reduced it from 20 to 16 eps according to what @fiesty8001mentioned in My Country thread.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

Maybe we can get one after the drama ended. I remember some pics he shared sometime in July during one of his rare returns to instagram. Are they for some interview ??

you mean the black and white with his eyes closed?

 

Screenshot-20191021-132727-Instagram.jpg

 

I thought it was his Sidus new profile pics..remembered him sharing at fan meet that the pics will be taken yearly instead of 5 or 10 years once.. 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

 

The thing is he doesn't come out (or maybe not asked to come out since he is a supporting role) to talk about the drama or have an interview. 

Shouldn't the cast be doing various variety and interview shows by now, as part of the promotion of the show? This show is behaving very strangely promotion-wise... I am sure after episode 5 and 6 many shows are contacting JH for an interview. There is no way that is not happening....

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

 

As for lead roles, he has one upcoming in OCN early next year, but i believe he will continue to take on supporting roles from now on. He wants to play characters which he likes regardless of it being a lead or supporting one. 

 

 

I think it's a good idea to play supporting roles but not in dramas. There are very few well written dramas or well written supporting characters and nobody particularly cares about the supporting actors(barring a few exceptions). But movies generally give opportunity to play wide array of intresting characters and not to mention have much more talented teams to work with. In short a better place for polishing skills I guess second only to theater. On top of that schedules are much more human than the dramas so more free time to spend with the family.

It's not like JH has stopped getting offers for lead roles.:) If it was the case then I would've thought differently. 

In the end all depends upon JH's wish and luck. Not like I know about his job better than him.

No pressure JH ssi. Lols... 

 

 

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

In swordsman (if we ever get to see it at all..:tears:), he also plays a father.  I thought maybe the forest scene  got edited out since they reduced it from 20 to 16 eps according to what @fiesty8001mentioned in My Country thread.

We're like waiting forever for New Sea and Swordsman. If it would even come out at all.

Hmm...do you know why it got reduced? But even if need to reduce, reduce the not important stuff. We don't need to see the love triangle for so long though. But we want to see what happen at the forest. It's a big missing puzzle scene. 

 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Shouldn't the cast be doing various variety and interview shows by now, as part of the promotion of the show? This show is behaving very strangely promotion-wise... I am sure after episode 5 and 6 many shows are contacting JH for an interview. There is no way that is not happening....

 I also find it weird. For most of JH drama (but this is not JH drama), usually he will come out for interview or even play games in variety shows or some form of drama promotion. This one he's quiet but like I said, this one is not JH drama. Even if he's contacted for interview, knowing how polite he is, he might decline due to he's not the main lead.

 

@azureblue7Thanks for the pics. I don't mind if his new drama is this hairstyle and not some Iris hairstyle or Voice hairstyle. You know when I was watching Voice, I felt so much wanted to cut his fringe for him. Doesn't it poke his eyes!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...