Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's quite a big event to do around Big Papa... Was Big papa very successful? 

Actually I always thought that the storyline for Bad Papa will be more received in Japan than Korea. -_-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, Biology Lesson said:

So, I've been watching some of "Real man" episodes, while we're waiting for something new from JH, and I have a question about the relationship between JH and Ryu Soo-young. Both JH and Ryu Soo-young seemed to have a good relationship with everyone, except for with each other. They didn't have a bad relationship, just not as friendly as with the others, so I wondered about it.

I know that they worked together on "Successful Story of a Bright Girl", and Ryu Soo-young seems like a really nice and helpful guy on the show, but I noticed that he seemed standoffish with JH. Now, I have no translation, so I may be way off here, but just watching their interactions, I noticed that they very rarely spoke to each other, and if they did it was always in a big group. But if they were in a smaller group, like just the two of them and another guy, Ryu Soo-young would usually be speaking with the other guy and not JH. Also, in a few bits that were translated by some of you, I noticed that Ryu Soo-young would sometimes slightly mock JH, like when he said that JH did more push up (182) than he is tall, or make fun of JH while he was working out (making wooshing sounds while JH was shadowboxing). Again, Ryu Soo-young looks like a really nice guy, so that made me wonder about what I saw between him and JH- did I miss something that was maybe said in Korean that clarifies this?

 

I think pretty much everyone who meets him is 'mean' to him. Lols

They can't resist the temptation of 'bullying' him.:w00t:

RSY didn't make difference. I also like RSY.

 

But there were rumors of some BTS drama during earliest episodes of Real Men(when JH was not even casted). Seems like RSY and PD of the show did not get along very well due to unknown reason. 

RSY was the most famous guy on RM so PD might have thought of replacing him with someone else or atleast of shadowing him.  

KSR and PD were close just like KSR and JH. So it seems like PD asked KSR to convince JH for joining the show. We know JH did the show on insistence of KSR. Although in the end RSY stayed in RM as long as JH. 

Maybe this is the reason why RSY felt some 'insecurity'. It was not only JH but Park Hyun Sik also surpassed popularity of everyone in the show. 

But I don't give much thought to this. It's normal to experience all of this in the professional world. Atleast we know that entertainment world is not a best place for building genuine friendships.

  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually I always thought that the storyline for Bad Papa will be more received in Japan than Korea. -_-

Actually I like the story of Bad Papa. It is a very realistic story that happens in real life too. Estranged husband/wife relationship, struggling with teenage children. Bread and butter issues. Mid life crisis/job insecurities. Only I hate the ending and i cried so much! :bawling: 

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

 At least we know that entertainment world is not a best place for building genuine friendships.

Agree with you. Maybe that's why whenever he is being interviewed, he takes his time to think/answer. He is careful with his words. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Not forgetting the incident below that made him blush so much..hahaha

He looks so cute when he is bashful. He and his kinsey report. I bet he knows alot about women. :POk, he has 3 children (hahaha)! :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

 

I think pretty much everyone who meets him is 'mean' to him. Lols

They can't resist the temptation of 'bullying' him.:w00t:

RSY didn't make difference. I also like RSY.

This is something that I noticed, and at times, I admit, it annoys me. But I kinda get it- He's like the guy in a group that is so sincere that everyone loves. so, when they are one on one, people will usually have great conversation with him. But when in a group, men tend to tease each other, so his sincerity and seriousness make him an easy target. But it's more than obvious he deals with it very well...

6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But there were rumors of some BTS drama during earliest episodes of Real Men(when JH was not even casted). Seems like RSY and PD of the show did not get along very well due to unknown reason. 

RSY was the most famous guy on RM so PD might have thought of replacing him with someone else or atleast of shadowing him.  

KSR and PD were close just like KSR and JH. So it seems like PD asked KSR to convince JH for joining the show. We know JH did the show on insistence of KSR. Although in the end RSY stayed in RM as long as JH. 

Maybe this is the reason why RSY felt some 'insecurity'. It was not only JH but Park Hyun Sik also surpassed popularity of everyone in the show. 

This is very interesting. I didn't hear much about Real Men except for what I saw in the episodes, so it's always great to hear more information. If we go by the YouTube clips posted from the show from JH time, it's indeed clear that JH centered clips have the most views and he gets the most comments, and after him it's comments about Park Hyun Sik (who I also adore after this show. He's such a sweetheart!). The other guys are hardly mentioned, but I really like them too. Really good bunch of guys!

I think I got more insight into JH's and RSY's relationship from one of the Navy episodes, ep 35. As you can see below, the team was split into two groups, with JH and RSY on different boats. At a certain point both the teams' ships participated in an exercise to deal with a sick person on board and the teams were reunited briefly. RSY was so happy to see the other team, that they actually made a joke about his smile being so wide he looked like the joker (I think). On the other hand, JH hardly reacted. He was so focused on the mission, that he almost missed RSY touching him and saying goodbye. And I think this was it- JH is a very reserved man, by his own admission, while RSY is so outwardly warm and friendly that I think he didn't know how to deal with JH's reserve. I guess it was a simple personality mismatch. Sure, I bet there was a bit of jealousy, but JH bungling some missions, I think made him likable to RSY at the end.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I think pretty much everyone who meets him is 'mean' to him. Lols

They can't resist the temptation of 'bullying' him.:w00t:

 

It is really not easy to survive in the entertainment industry. JH really have a big heart to endure the pressures of this industry. "All that glitters is not gold" is so applicable in this industry.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first  teaser and poster for my country are out!

 

Not sure why but I can't help but feel a little sad that JH is not the lead...:bawling: But will still support his decision..

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, budgerie said:

JH really have a big heart to endure the pressures of this industry. "All that glitters is not gold" is so applicable in this industry.

He didn't have it easy too.. he had suffered from panic attacks while filming dragon dance in Singapore. Guess he definitely has a big and strong heart to brave through all these..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Not sure why but I can't help but feel a little sad that JH is not the lead...:bawling: But will still support his decision..

I'm with you... Seeing that he wasn't in the teaser really disappointed me. Maybe he took this role because both the actors in this show expressed admiration towards him and he always talks about wanting to act as a mentor to the younger generation? Or maybe he really wanted to reprise the role of that prince? You guys said that he is going to look younger and sexier than in the movie, so that is one thing to look forward to... :)

One thing I noticed is that JH seem to have been given almost total freedom with his character in WOL and I think in Bad Papa. Maybe they offered him something similar in this show to entice him into taking the role... At any rate, I'm just waiting for the filming to end here, so that he can start his new role as a lead...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

He didn't have it easy too.. he had suffered from panic attacks while filming dragon dance in Singapore. Guess he definitely has a big and strong heart to brave through all these..

He also told about how when he was cast to Model, and he was so nervous that he couldn't even walk normally and did many NGs. He said that his seniors in the show said very harsh things to him as a result. If I'm not mistaken this is why he promised himself to never be like that, and to always support his juniors, and we already know that he actually practices that. It's seems like he tends to make a positive from any negative thing that he might experience...

 

There was this interview JH did with the guys from WOK in which they were asked about people they'd like to have a small revenge against, and JH said that if anyone did anything bad to him, because he's positive, he just doesn't remember, meaning he doesn't keep a grudge :)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He didn't have it easy too.. he had suffered from panic attacks while filming dragon dance in Singapore. Guess he definitely has a big and strong heart to brave through all these..

I think I remembered reading he fainted or almost fainted. Can't remember, that was quite many years ago. 

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Not sure why but I can't help but feel a little sad that JH is not the lead...:bawling: But will still support his decision..

Seems like he is more into nurturing younger actors, just like WOL. I am sad too. Guess I will have to fast forward until it is his screen time. Like I did in WOL. 

 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH said that if anyone did anything bad to him, because he's positive, he just doesn't remember, meaning he doesn't keep a grudge :)

 

He really has a big heart. It's not easy. He has come a long way to be where he is today. The younger generation actors should learn from him and use him as their role model. Dislike it when younger generation actors act snobbish and have that "know it all" attitude.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 4:15 PM, Biology Lesson said:

This is something that I noticed, and at times, I admit, it annoys me.

But it's more than obvious he deals with it very well...

 

  I think he didn't know how to deal with JH's reserve. I guess it was a simple personality mismatch. Sure, I bet there was a bit of jealousy, but JH bungling some missions

 

It doesn't annoy me at all. If I knew him I could've teased him myself to get cute reactions from him. If he doesn't mind(which is right thing to do) then why should we? It was just a light-hearted comment from my side. :)

 

Whoa! I guess you are reading too much in my earlier post. Let's not decide what happened and what didn't happen. We only get to know very little. JH can be reserved and awkward but he is not exactly 'unfriendly'(like So Ji Sub) and we know that he can be quiet talkative. Variety shows(doesn't matter what they claim) are often scripted. Sometimes the participant's onscreen personality is totally 'fake'. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Whoa! I guess you are reading too much in my earlier post. Let's not decide what happened and what didn't happen. We only get to know very little. JH can be reserved and awkward but he is not exactly 'unfriendly'(like So Ji Sub) and we know that he can be quiet talkative. Variety shows(doesn't matter what they claim) are often scripted. Sometimes the participant's onscreen personality is totally 'fake'. 

I'm actually not reading into your post at all. These are my observations. I didn't say JH isn't friendly. He's just not as friendly as RSY is to strangers. JH himself said he's very reserved, but when he is amongst friends, he is more himself, being his funny and talkative self. I just noticed that RSY wasn't as easy with JH as he was with the rest of the guys, and I think I now understand why. Thanks anyway.

I actually know nothing about So Ji Sub, so can't comment about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Not sure why but I can't help but feel a little sad that JH is not the lead...:bawling: But will still support his decision..

What if his character is really good?:)

It is a  character teaser so I think Hyukie will also get one of his own.:rolleyes:

If it's depressing then we can also look forwad to new OCN drama !

 

My Country's director is good but I don't trust the writer. :ph34r:

What do you think? How is this drama going to be?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

If it's depressing then we can also look forwad to new OCN drama !

 

 

Oh...is there a new OCN drama of his coming up? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh...is there a new OCN drama of his coming up? 

 

 

You can go back to read page 603

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

What if his character is really good?:)

It is a  character teaser so I think Hyukie will also get one of his own.:rolleyes:

If it's depressing then we can also look forwad to new OCN drama !

 

My Country's director is good but I don't trust the writer. :ph34r:

What do you think? How is this drama going to be?

 

 

Yeah this is a character poster, so I am waiting for our Hyukie one to appear too :) 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

 

You can go back to read page 603

Thanks! I totally forgot about this one. I could only recall Swordman...My Country ...New Sea. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, budgerie said:

think I remembered reading he fainted or almost fainted. Can't remember, that was quite many years ago. 

I think he shared about it on Carefree travellers too. :)

 

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

What if his character is really good?:)

It is a  character teaser so I think Hyukie will also get one of his own.:rolleyes:

If it's depressing then we can also look forwad to new OCN drama !

 

My Country's director is good but I don't trust the writer. :ph34r:

What do you think? How is this drama going to be?

 

I really hope his character in my country  will be a scene stealer and impactful! As for the OCN drama, I am looking forward to it even more as he is the lead! 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...