I thought last episode, I watched live.

regret.

no vet.

again drag the OTP story....... 

and DCS awesome CEO image less than a minute.

even Dim sum disappeared. 

All of DCS scenes in the last episodes seem so meaningful (no subs, guessing).

Glad that is over.

JH can plssss rest. 

• Like 3

Overwhelmed with emotions and gratitude when I see these fans without fail, every drama will do this. Any idea who is initiating all these ? I’m quite clueless. 

Janghyuk_no.1 is a person or fan club?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Overwhelmed with emotions and gratitude when I see these fans without fail, every drama will do this. Any idea who is initiating all these ? I’m quite clueless. 

Janghyuk_no.1 is a person or fan club?

She is a person, but she has many followers on her instagram account. So most of the time, when there is such an upcoming event, she will initiate and gather help from the other fans.

• Thanks 2

A better translation of the interview article yesterday:

In an interview with news outlet Herald POP, Jang Hyuk talked about his experience filming the drama, delving deeper into his character Doo Chil Sung. He explained, “In one phrase, Doo Chil Sung is like ‘3000 Leagues in Search of Mother’ [a Japanese animated series based on a classic Italian novel]. The reason why we had him always wear suspenders and sunglasses was because we wanted to portray him like a child visiting an amusement park. After being abandoned at a Chinese restaurant, the character has always waited for his mother [to return], so I thought that he would still have some childlike tendencies.”

He continued, “I think there are a lot of sub-themes in Doo Chil Sung as a character. There are a lot of different sides to his story: his journey to find his mother, the way he becomes someone else’s stepping stone, and also his kindness as a sort of guardian angel. While filming, I thought a lot about how to portray these sides to the character in a simple but fun way. I also tried to be comfortable and enjoy myself while filming.”

Jang Hyuk concluded by thanking the viewers of the drama, saying, “Thank you for watching ‘Wok of Love.’ Through the drama, I think I was able to show a variety of sides to myself, including melodrama and cooking. I hope the meaning of the drama was conveyed well, and I will return with another charming character in my next project.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/17/wok-love-cast-shares-final-thoughts-dramas-conclusion/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Done! So upset that he only got 8 minutes and 10 seconds of screentime in the finale. But it's okay, as long as it's over. 

Ep 37
7:46 - 8:19 
15:11 - 16:11
17:07 - 18:30
20:53 - 23:33
23:47 - 24:13
28:24 - 30:49

Ep 38
10:16 - 12:17
15:39 - 16:10 - walking as ceo scene

21:14 - 21:26

@kohnlee  Hyukie as handsome new ceo scene only lasted 21 seconds. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

Done! So upset that he only got 8 minutes and 10 seconds of screentime in the finale. But it's okay, as long as it's over. 

Ep 37

Ep 38

Ya man. Very little screen time :(

we see see him again in 2 months??

• Like 2

‘A trusted actor’, Jang Hyuk did it again.

Actor Jang Hyuk once again proved himself to be a ' trusted actor ' by his performance in 'Greasy Melo'. 

In SBS's Mon/Tue drama ‘Greasy Melo’ (written by Seo Sook-hyang and directed by Park Sun-ho) aired on July 17, Jang Hyuk bought over the Giant Hotel and took office as a its CEO.

Loyalty was the biggest driving factor for the hotel acquisition. Doo Chil-sung, who used to be known as ' The Legend of Seven Star Sword', is now the owner of a local Chinese restaurant that only has flies in it. The reason why he bought over the local Chinese restaurant is also unusual, it was to allow his former gang members to make a living. 

The loyalty of Doo Chil-sung can be seen everywhere. He took revenge for Seo Poong (Lee Jun-ho) when he found out that he had been hurt by Yong Sung-ryong (Kim Sa-won) He asked Oh Maeng-dal (Jo Jae-yoon) to “buy a house” with the money on the walls of ‘Hungry Wok’. Doo Chil-sung's loyalty led to his success in acquiring the Giant Hotel with the help of Dan Sae-woo’s  father Dan Seung-gi (Lee Ki-young).

On the other hand, he showed a sense of purity and innocence in front of the woman he loves. Doo Chil-sung, who fell in love with Dan Sae-woo at first sight, said, "Don't get married, divorce is so difficult" and she burst into laughter with his unexpected confession. Also, when he was rejected by Sae-woo, he said, "Don't throw away your pride, do not cry".

Although the character Jang Hyuk played in ‘Greasy Melo’ seems to be strong on the outside, he managed to portray its pure and warm inner personality.

Sometimes comical, sometimes serious. Playing the various aspects of Doo Chil-sung with great delicacy, he captured the audience into the story and touched people's hearts. Jang Hyuk's performance, which radiates charm, was another main reason to watch the drama ‘Greasy Melo’. 

Previously, Jang Hyuk had realistically portrayed characters with different stories in the dramas such as ‘Money Flower’, ‘Voice’ and ‘Iris 2’. Through the 3-dimensional role of Doo Chil-sung in ‘Greasy Melo’, he once again confirmed that he is a ‘trusted actor’.

On the other hand, ‘Thirty but Seventeen’ starring Shin Hye Sun and Yang Se-jong will be broadcast on 23rd July after ‘Greasy Melo’. 

image_readtop_2018_451260_15318654023391

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&year=2018&no=451260

• Like 4

'Greasy Melo' Jang Hyuk stands out with unique fashion sense

Actor Jang Hyuk showed fashion style that is comparable with those in their 20s.

On the afternoon of 17th July, Jang Hyuk attended the SBS drama Greasy Melo's wrap-up party at a restaurant in Yeouido-dong, Seoul.

On this day, Jang Hyuk appeared wearing a thin thigh-length gray knit shirt with black jeans. He matched the look with glossy black boots and completed the intense styling.

In particular, Jang Hyuk attracted attention as his slim body fitted perfectly with the thin summer knit, an unbelievable feat for one in his 40s.

2018071811360153556_1.jpg

http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2018071811360153556

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Ok at first I thought this is some thick knitted wear but on second look it is not that thick. I can see his pendant. 

And JH shines in every scene he appeared in for WOL.

The writing may he Bad but the actor made it bearable :) 

Judging from the K netizens comments that @Prettysup posted it goes to show that we are not Alone.

Once again, I’m a proud proud fan!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Ep 37

Ep 38

Just finished watching the last 2 episodes!

Aww.. it was so sad when CS said the reason why he doesnt eat jajangmyeon with sweet sour pork, I almost cried. Then I burst out laughing when SW's dad hang up on her when she wanted to ask him to help Poong hahaha...

Gonna miss Chil-sung even though I'm glad it's ended.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Just finished watching the last 2 episodes!

Aww.. it was so sad when CS said the reason why he doesnt eat jajangmyeon with sweet sour pork, I almost cried. Then I burst out laughing when SW's dad hang up on her when she wanted to ask him to help Poong hahaha...

Gonna miss Chil-sung even though I'm glad it's ended.

I laughed at that scene too. Hahahah. Daddy only wants to help Chil Sung.. not Poong. Hahah

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

I laughed at that scene too. Hahahah. Daddy only wants to help Chil Sung.. not Poong. Hahah

Of course, CS is the one who helped him ya... and why is SW always going around asking people for help :wacko:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Nice!!! JH really shines in every scenes in this drama.  If there's any love I have for this show, its JH! He deserved more screentimes in this drama :bawling:

Well at least he gets enough rest before Bad Papa. Seems that shooting has began

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Haha where is the rest?? It really looks like is one drama after another.

Come to think of it, his screen presence not much in WOL that could have meant rest in between too :) 

Yaya that was what I meant, he got ample rest while shooting WOL haha..

• Like 5