1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's like he's trying to inject pattern into something that really doesn't have it :)  More strangely- he said that in the second time that he worked with JNR he was just married, and now he's a father, and I was like "what?!" :blink: In the second time he worked with JNR he had two children already! It was immediately after the filming of FTLY that he had his third child. Poor boys :sweat_smile:, they don't seem to count. Come to think about it- he was never "just married"...

Maybe he's confusing JNR with LDH, because when he worked with her in Robbers he already had his first son, and then announced that he's going to get married

Haha I just he forgot he got married after being a father? 

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I suddenly recall, in LA he said their characters were single in the first drama, married in the second one and now parents. Is that what he meant instead of he himself? Either he said wrongly this time or the subs got him wrong. 

OH!!! That makes much more sense!! :sweat_smile:I guess he spoke about his characters, as if they were himself

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I suddenly recall, in LA he said their characters were single in the first drama, married in the second one and now parents. Is that what he meant instead of he himself? Either he said wrongly this time or the subs got him wrong. 

Oh you're right! I think he's talking about his characters in the 3 dramas. Now it makes more sense. 

• Like 3

A new fan of FTLY and Jang Hyuk. Can someone let her know they have a new drama coming in April? It's been so long since the press release that he was considering the role. I'm still miffed about how little was done for Bloody Heart among other things... fingers crossed they start promoting the show sooner rather than later

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

A new fan of FTLY and Jang Hyuk. Can someone let her know they have a new drama coming in April? It's been so long since the press release that he was considering the role. I'm still miffed about how little was done for Bloody Heart among other things... fingers crossed they start promoting the show sooner rather than later

So happy that FTLY is still making people fall in love with the characters and becoming a JH fan. It was a drama done 8 years ago! 

Looking at the current tvN Mon-Tues Dramas, I think promotion will start about 1 month before broadcast. So looking forward to March! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Looking at the current tvN Mon-Tues Dramas, I think promotion will start about 1 month before broadcast. So looking forward to March! 

It was announced on 27 Dec for first broadcast on 6 Feb, so about 6 weeks. The Wed-Thur drama was announced 5 weeks before though. Anyway if Family is starting on 17 Apr, we can expect news around 6-13 March? Woohooo.:. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

It was announced on 27 Dec for first broadcast on 6 Feb, so about 6 weeks. Thus if Family is starting on 17 Apr, we can expect news around 6 March. Woohooo.:. 

Now I'm praying for it to be broadcast on Netflix too..pleassse..:heart4: 

I noticed that MOST tvN Mon-Tues dramas are on Netflix and  Wed-Thurs  dramas are on VIU/ Disney plus/Prime. Not sure if I'm correct but hoping Family will be on Netflix

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Action star Gyeonjadan X Janghyuk, 'Running Man' scramble... Martial arts special with masters
출처 : SBS연예뉴스 원본 링크 : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010265243&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSENTERNEWS

[SBS Entertainment News | [Reporter Kang Seon-ae] 'Action Star' Hong Kong's Gyeonjadan and Korea's Jang Hyuk appear on 'Running Man'. On SBS 'Running Man', which will be broadcast on the 5th, Gyeonjadan and Jang Hyuk will appear as guests. The recent recording of 'Running Man' was decorated with a 'martial arts special', and Gyeonjadan and Jang Hyuk were together. The members drew attention by wearing various martial arts outfits from the opening. Yoo Jae-seok showed off the coolness of Hanbok, saying, "People like me are masters," and Kim Jong-guk showed the style of a local gym leader in sportswear fashion. In addition, Song Ji-hyo wore a leather jacket and perfectly summoned the movie 'The Matrix'. Subsequently, the members held the 'Running Man Boat Martial Arts Contest' and unfolded a baseless brawl, drawing laughter. Afterwards, Jang Hyuk, who showed intense action acting in various works such as 'Chuno' and 'Iris 2', appeared and overwhelmed the scene with a wooden seal performance. Jeon So-min, who watched this, struggled with the carpenter with mad eyes, while Song Ji-hyo took a bounce and showed off the unique Jang Hyuk catch-up. In addition, world-renowned action star Kyeon Ja-dan, who became known as 'Ip Man', showed off the aspect of a 'Woorim master' by using various martial arts from Wing Chun to Ho Kwon and Drunk Kwon. The members who watched this couldn't hold back their admiration, saying, "The force is different" and "You can feel the energy when you demonstrate it yourself." On the other hand, on this day, 'Moorim Jokgu' was held with Gyeonjadan, which raised expectations, and Gyeonjadan showed a friendly charm by continuously fussing at Kim Jong-guk's Spartan serve and complaining that "the burden is too great." The unprecedented meeting between 'Action Star' Gyeon Ja-dan and Jang Hyuk will be revealed in 'Running Man', which will be broadcast at 6:20 pm on Sunday, the 5th.
출처 : SBS연예뉴스 원본 링크 : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010265243&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSENTERNEWS

Running Man

• Like 5

The Korean press seems to have selective amnesia when it comes to JH. Still going on about Chuno and the less memorable Iris II. Like he didn't have a more recent and critically acclaimed action film like The Swordsman under his belt

Thanks for the pics and article. Though I did not understand a word of what was written on the article apart from the references to the two JH shows. Article 1, reading & comprehension 0. I did read a better translation on Insta thanks to @azureblue7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

At least he got a change in outfit haha

I noticed that one of the RM members Yang Se-Chan is not around. So I guess Hyuk will take part in the games as one of the RM members. Fighting Dragon Brothers! 

And we get to see a rare super-excited KJK  whenever he's with Hyuk. Lol!

content-1.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

So I started a rewatch of FTLY yesterday but not in the correct order. Started with the middle / painful bits. I know some people felt those episodes dragged on a bit but I think the performances were spot on. I watched the scene where Dragon got them to meet at the cafe and I love how understated and naturalistic it was - the awkward pauses, micro expressions, what they said, how they said it - all of it was so darn good / satisfying to watch. The fact that so much was left unsaid but you could still sense their deep longing and effection for each other. That's the kind of grown up relationship / conversation that isn't portrayed in the kdramas I've seen. I don't care much for flowery language or overly symbolic gestures

All of this is making me nervous and excited about Family. Yeah big action set pieces are cool but can they also just talk. That scene in bed with the teddy bears in FTLY was also really good. I just want a mature and fun relationship (maybe with more than a dose of angst)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So Do Hun will change his hairstyle halfway through the drama or he just combed it up for the poster shoot? 

It's too short for a comb especially the sides

Depends on whether they're shooting things in order. The longer hair is slightly flamboyant so I can imagine it's from his younger days. So there could be flashback scenes or maybe it's just flexible to style in different ways if he's going to be in disguises. I can also imagine the shorter hair would be used in a flash forward to the future type thing. Depends on how they play with time in the drama. Tbh your guess is as good as mine. It's all very intriguing though

Just thinking out loud whether he's even allowed to post this. It looks more official than the bts photos we're used it.  Could this be a spoiler?

I've looked at the photos again *cough* for research purposes *cough* and he does look younger. Maybe there will be flashbacks to when he was just starting out with the intelligence service. Looks like a photo for an ID badge

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

Just thinking out loud whether he's even allowed to post this. It looks more official than the bts photos we're used it.  Could this be a spoiler?

Haha I won’t be surprised if he delete it later after being prompted by his team lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3