3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think it is the filter Choi Kisup used on the pic.

Same here. I will only recommend if my friends asked me about him. Haha. 

I read someone mentioned that you need to go past the 1st episode and you'll like it.  I've finished Uncanny Counter. It's quite entertaining if you like the superhero fantasy genre. I was thinking how JH might have played Yoo Jun Sang character as I was watching it too. But I think he might steal the thunder from JBG. Hehe.

I really want to watch UC also becoz their stunt director is Kwon Tae-Ho. I like him a lot when he appeared in KBS sport gameshow Let's Go Dream Team 2. I don't mind superhero genre coz I'm a girl of action. lol. JH definitely stole the thunder but somehow he can make people around him doing better. With JBG talent I have no doubt about that. 

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Uncanny Counter was easier to watch throughout, but actually Yoo Jun Sang character didn't seem that deep.  I'm not sure if it's because of YJS portrayal or the writing and character story was reveal in later episodes.  They actually change writer in that show which I found interesting when the show was still going strong and near the end which makes me wonder as well.  People don't seem to be too upset about the changeup though.

Read about writer change. Guess once the drama was so popular and the new writer can carry the show from going downhill viewers totally will be okay.

@budgerie @Biology Lesson from all the actor that I stan from around the world JH is the most talented in acting. lol. I stan Keanu Reeves and Jimmy Lin since I was little coz they're cute. lol. But, over the years I come to appreciate Keanu more as a person than his acting. I stan Ekin Cheng mostly for Y&D. You'll see the pattern here most of them not really a strong actor except JH. hahaha. Guess I'm more to personality rather than talent. I've got lucky that JH became a strong actor since my first crush on him in SSOBG day.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, yoeda said:

I think I'll pick Uncanny Counter later since JBG was a hot stuff now and he work with JH before. At the same time my mind said why they don't offer Yoo Jun Sang character to JH? Haha.

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I read someone mentioned that you need to go past the 1st episode and you'll like it.  I've finished Uncanny Counter. It's quite entertaining if you like the superhero fantasy genre. I was thinking how JH might have played Yoo Jun Sang character as I was watching it too. But I think he might steal the thunder from JBG. Hehe.

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Uncanny Counter was easier to watch throughout, but actually Yoo Jun Sang character didn't seem that deep.  I'm not sure if it's because of YJS portrayal or the writing and character story was reveal in later episodes.  They actually change writer in that show which I found interesting when the show was still going strong and near the end which makes me wonder as well.  People don't seem to be too upset about the changeup though.

I watched Uncanny Counter and I also kept thinking how Hyukie will fit into YJS’s role. But later on I changed my mind coz I don’t want him play second fiddle in a drama, despite how popular that show is. 

About the change in writer, it was done becoz the team could not reach an agreement about the ending, so the writer quitted in protest. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I watched Uncanny Counter and I also kept thinking how Hyukie will fit into YJS’s role. But later on I changed my mind coz I don’t want him play second fiddle in a drama, despite how popular that show is. 

About the change in writer, it was done becoz the team could not reach an agreement about the ending, so the writer quitted in protest. 

Yea that's same with me I prefer JH to be main lead.  Supporting not always bad, but I wanted more..

Yea the ending is setup for second season.  I wonder what kind of ending the original writer had for the show.  Although, I wanted to see JH in a new drama, there hasn't been any that really fascinate me either so mix feelings of maybe it's better that he didn't star in them.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I love it that in our corner of "fandoms" things are rather calm

Because we're sensible people who can differentiate real & reel. As much as we want to live in fandom world, we still must return to reality.

10 hours ago, yoeda said:

from all the actor that I stan from around the world JH is the most talented in acting. lol. I stan Keanu Reeves and Jimmy Lin since I was little coz they're cute. lol. But, over the years I come to appreciate Keanu more as a person than his acting. I stan Ekin Cheng mostly for Y&D. You'll see the pattern here most of them not really a strong actor except JH. hahaha. Guess I'm more to personality rather than talent. I've got lucky that JH became a strong actor since my first crush on him in SSOBG day.

My opinion is slightly different.

For me, there's no who's the best. Every generation has got good actors & actresses. It's just that in every generation or every different era, things were different or done differently given the resources available at that moment.

If you look at artistes in the 70s & till current, how much have changed! Fashion, makeup, hairdo, props, environment, etc. I used to love Hawaii 5 O (1980), 6 Million Dollar Man (1973), Charlie Angels (1976), Wild Wild West (1979), Bionic Woman (1976), however, if I watched it again now (if I can still find it), it looked yiaks! Yet in those days, they were so popular drama. (Oh, in those days there was no luxury of youtube or anything, just wait for it to be broadcasted on tv).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

If you look at artistes in the 70s & till current, how much have changed! Fashion, makeup, hairdo, props, environment, etc. I used to love Hawaii 5 O (1980), 6 Million Dollar Man (1973), Charlie Angels (1976), Wild Wild West (1979), Bionic Woman (1976), however, if I watched it again now (if I can still find it), it looked yiaks! Yet in those days, they were so popular drama. (Oh, in those days there was no luxury of youtube or anything, just wait for it to be broadcasted on tv).

I'm 90's kid but I like to watch some 80 show like Family Ties but couldn't get past Charlie's Angel. Yeaks. haha. Talking about rewatching these past few weeks I keep rewatch K-show that I like from 10 or 11 years ago. when there's flip phone everywhere. lol. I want to know if my older me still like those show using my matured thinking mind. Surprisingly, I still like them but still with glaring issue that younger me never found before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

I'm 90's kid but I like to watch some 80 show like Family Ties but couldn't get past Charlie's Angel. Yeaks. haha.

Charlie Angels - I watched the one which is 1976 which starred Farah Fawcett, Kate Jackson & Jaclyn Smith. In those days, Farah Fawcett hairstyle was the talk of town where I lived. Many people wanted to imitate her hairstyle.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

Talking about rewatching these past few weeks I keep rewatch K-show that I like from 10 or 11 years ago. when there's flip phone everywhere. lol. I want to know if my older me still like those show using my matured thinking mind. Surprisingly, I still like them but still with glaring issue that younger me never found before.

Haha yes, I know what you mean. I too wonder if I could still live like how I had lived, ie. without a hp, without computer. Even if those who had computer in offices, was Word Star. No fax machine, only telex machine. Typewriter was manual, later became electric typewriter. But yet in those days, we could remember/memorise people's phone number. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

Hmm... Jang Hyuk is not included in the poll... 

• Sad 2
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmm... Jang Hyuk is not included in the poll... 

Jang Hyuk was included in the My Ultimate Oppa poll last fall. :kiss_wink: The new poll features oppas that weren't included in that one. Please vote if you have other favorite oppas except for Jang Hyuk. :partyblob:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, budgerie said:

Charlie Angels - I watched the one which is 1976 which starred Farah Fawcett, Kate Jackson & Jaclyn Smith. In those days, Farah Fawcett hairstyle was the talk of town where I lived. Many people wanted to imitate her hairstyle.

I know but till this day I still feel that style ugly. lol. Maybe I'm not a fashion forward girl.

• LOL 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, budgerie said:

Haha yes, different people different reactions. Somehow she likes Hyun Bin so to her, he's the best. She might have  take it that I'm comparing who's a better actor....

We just spoke about this strange "touchiness" that some Hyun Bin fans have about JH, and I thought I'd mention some tweets I recently noticed, really from just two people (And what do you know, the main hater is a Hyun Bin fan ;) ), that seem to really detest JH. But the really strange thing is that they still watch his shows!  I mean, when I don't like an actor's acting, I simply don't watch his shows. Seems basic... :blink: Stands to show that their problem with JH has nothing really to do with his acting.... :smirk: Also, one of them actually liked the live action Mulan... enough said... :huh: Obviously I didn't respond to their tweets, as attention is what trolls want, and I'm not going to give that to them. 

As to Hyun Bin, the only show of his that I tried watching was Memories of the Alhambra and I couldn't be bothered to watch beyond the first episode. No special reason, it just didn't grab me. Also, I remember asking you guys about "Crash landing on you" and none of you recommended it, so I didn't bother... 

All in all, these tweets are really the exception to the rule, as I rarely encounter anything but admiration for JH online. I think JH's fans get attacked more than he does, as we are often derided as being mostly "ajoumas". But since I guess I am an ajouma, I can't really get offended by that :D

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson I have seen some hate in the past (much less in recent years, fortunately) At the beginning of FTLY, during Voice, during SOGC, I read some hate about his work in TWDR. The common denominator there was, the OTT moments. I actually agree that “a tendency to go OTT” may be JHs major weakness as an actor (but he hasn’t been this way ever since Money Flower, fingers crossed) and I can understand people disliking that and reacting to it. But, what I simply cannot fathom is why dismiss everything else he does well (which is A LOT) and have the damn nerve to call him a bad actor, just because of some bad scenes or dramas and also why watch and mock an actor you don’t like? Why not just stop watching? And finally I can’t fathom anyone hating this beautiful human being, Period!. Its one thing to hate the acting and say “this actor gives me allergies” or “I don't like his face”. I think they are being closed minded but I “can” accept it, but when they actually hate the actor and start making assumptions about his personality based on their prejudice, I get really MAD. Like people saying “he must be a bad husband” because he scooped the egg during Dragon Brothers. Or those people who assume he is conceited and vain and likes to hog the spotlight in dramas and Im like “have you ever even watched an interview with the guy or anyone who knows him? Its the opposite!”

Also, what you have perceived about HB fans (I haven’t encountered those, thank goodness) Ive seen too but with Yoo Ah In fans. Especially after Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang Won. They have a hard time staying out of the conversation when someone praises Jang Hyuk. They HAVE to butt in and say “Oh but Yoo Ah In is the bestestestest” This in turn, has made me annoyed at YAI lol 

However, in general it has been a long while since Ive seen stupid haters (except one or two here or there) and I hope it stays like that :partyblob:

PS I just saw a twitter convo by two people, one of them loves to mock him and call him “Chuno” instead of his name. They are actually criticizing his acting in Beautiful Mind saying that, the role was good for him because it didn’t require expressions. Talk about living in bizarro world! One of them is a fan of Cobra Kai, enough said! 

• Like 3

@yoeda Recalling my past, I think JH is actually the most talented actor/artist Ive stanned too lol! My previous favorite actors had more limited range or were charismatic with potential but there was much more room for improvement :P There are many other actors that I consider super talented (maybe more than JH?), I watch them and enjoy their performance but thats not the same as “stanning”, right? Stanning is on a different level. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I have seen some hate in the past (much less in recent years, fortunately) At the beginning of FTLY, during Voice, during SOGC, I read some hate about his work in TWDR. The common denominator there was, the OTT moments. I actually agree that “a tendency to go OTT” may be JHs major weakness as an actor (but he hasn’t been this way ever since Money Flower, fingers crossed) and I can understand people disliking that and reacting to it. But, what I simply cannot fathom is why dismiss everything else he does well (which is A LOT) and have the damn nerve to call him a bad actor, just because of some bad scenes or dramas and also why watch and mock an actor you don’t like? Why not just stop watching? And finally I can’t fathom anyone hating this beautiful human being, Period!. Its one thing to hate the acting and say “this actor gives me allergies” or “I don't like his face”. I think they are being closed minded but I “can” accept it, but when they actually hate the actor and start making assumptions about his personality based on their prejudice, I get really MAD. Like people saying “he must be a bad husband” because he scooped the egg during Dragon Brothers. Or those people who assume he is conceited and vain and likes to hog the spotlight in dramas and Im like “have you ever even watched an interview with the guy or anyone who knows him? Its the opposite!”

it's simple why they do this- because they are trolls. Trolls are professional attention seekers. All they want is to goad people to react to them. They probably have some psychological condition, or simply be really lonely people. I think you could find entire articles online analyzing the motivation behind a troll. They usually latch on to a fandom, and low key bash. The moment they get a reaction, they will go into high gear, so again, I will recommend to ignore. I have been part of several fandoms that without fail had at least one troll dogging it. Oh, yes, and at times, a troll would have several accounts and would actually have conversations online to make it a appear he has support. Not sure if this is the case here, but sometimes it is...

Also, what you have perceived about HB fans (I haven’t encountered those, thank goodness) Ive seen too but with Yoo Ah In fans. Especially after Jang Hyuk played Lee Bang Won. They have a hard time staying out of the conversation when someone praises Jang Hyuk. They HAVE to butt in and say “Oh but Yoo Ah In is the bestestestest” This in turn, has made me annoyed at YAI lol 

I also noticed that when My country was being shown, but I have to say it amused me. Especially in the beginning, after just a few episodes of MY country when JH appeared for only a few short scenes and still managed to awe everyone, and these fans rushed to post saying that Yoo Ah In's performance had more depth to it :) My reaction was "well, da! He had 50 episodes to delve into his character". This reaction amused me because it reveals that they felt threatened- meaning they also felt that JH performance was epic enough to warrant them rushing to their idol's defense. I took it as a compliment to JH. But nowadays I hardly ever see them respond when someone praises JH's Bang won... Maybe even they had to admit it's a lost cause?:D 

However, in general it has been a long while since Ive seen stupid haters (except one or two here or there) and I hope it stays like that 

PS I just saw a twitter convo by two people, one of them loves to mock him and call him “Chuno” instead of his name. They are actually criticizing his acting in Beautiful Mind saying that, the role was good for him because it didn’t require expressions. Talk about living in bizarro world! One of them is a fan of Cobra Kai, enough said! 

That was the convo I was referring to in my original post- showing how rare it really is :) It's funny to me that even though they claim to think JH is a bad actor, they still watch his shows. Again- I would recommend to ignore. Trolls want attention...

But you know- there is another thing that bothers me a bit more. I noticed that when some people review JH works and they end up praising him, some of them have to add the qualification "Not that I'm a fan of his...". I noticed it with the woman that did the astrological analysis for JH. The one that posts reviews with two other women. Whenever she speaks about JH, she has to add "not that I'm a fan of his..." but when she did the analysis for the other guy from "What about secretary Kim" there she didn't add that qualification. I also noticed that in some reviews of Chuno back in the day. The reviewers had to add "Not that I'm a fan of his...". And I don't understand why- what, he's not refined enough for them? Or is it that he's not part of the accepted "Elite" group of actors, so god forbid anyone would think they are fans... Don't know why but that really annoys me...

BTW Indeed the photoshoot Sidus posted pics from was for the new calendar. Zoi just got hers- 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, yoeda said:

Maybe I'm not a fashion forward girl.

No no it's not that you're not a fashion forward girl. It's just different generation. How people dressed in those days would look ugly in today's fashion.

the main hater is a Hyun Bin fan ;) ), that seem to really detest JH. But the really strange thing is that they still watch his shows! 

Watch his shows & swear below their breath what a great actor JH is! Hahaha! They probably just want to find fault with his acting or comparing it to HB. 

as we are often derided as being mostly "ajoumas". :D

First, JH would not even be bothered with those senseless attacks. People who deride us as being ahjumma, it's ok. We aged gracefully. Everyone gets there at some point in their life. No one remains young forever. Those who deride us ahjumma will be ahjumma themselves in time to come.

I actually agree that “a tendency to go OTT” may be JHs major weakness as an actor

May I know what's OTT?

but when they actually hate the actor and start making assumptions about his personality based on their prejudice, I get really MAD.

Haters will always be haters. It's kinda sad life they're living. They're so much into fantasy world that they can't tell apart what's real & what's acting anymore.

Agree very much that we must NEVER attack the actor/actress. We can attack the bad script, the bad style of acting or filming, but we must never attack the person.

They HAVE to butt in and say “Oh but Yoo Ah In is the bestestestest” This in turn, has made me annoyed at YAI lol 

PS I just saw a twitter convo by two people, one of them loves to mock him and call him “Chuno” instead of his name.

You know, every generation of fans will have such kind of people. Let's say if people compared HB & JH, I can still "accept" it because both are men. Worse is comparing man & woman! Like that also can.

Just briefly, there was this very super popular singer/actor in the 70s. Is a he. There was also another very super popular singer, is a she.

The fans of the he singer/actor are like us - we don't attack people. The fans of the she singer attacked the fans of the he singer & also attacked the singer that he sings badly. Their she singer sings better. Really, like that also can. How crazy can fandom get?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Watch his shows & swear below their breath what a great actor JH is! Hahaha! They probably just want to find fault with his acting or comparing it to HB. 

I think you are right :) 

First, JH would not even be bothered with those senseless attacks.

Oh, for sure JH wouldn't be bothered with those attacks! I mean, he had so much worse directed at him, so I'm sure these days things like that just slide off his back.

People who deride us as being ahjumma, it's ok. We aged gracefully. Everyone gets there at some point in their life. No one remains young forever. Those who deride us ahjumma will be ahjumma themselves in time to come.

Young people rarely realize that they won't stay young forever :) Especially celebrities. Whenever I see young popular celebrities acting like they own the world, I have only pity for them, because they don't know it will last for only a short while, and the crash to the ground from those heights is especially painful...

But as to JH's fans, I think that another group that is usually missed is the men! From what I've seen and read, JH has a lot of male fans- young and old. We saw it in the actors from My Country and in Hometown Flex. But since in fandoms woman are usually more active, the male fans are overlooked...

• Like 3