56 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Ok finally took a look at anchor beauty.  You guys were right when you say it is bad and the ending... couldn't agree more what a waste of his talents.

Yes this drama is so off. In a way could be good that New Sea isn't coming out. I guess it'll be another off drama....:blink:it's difficult to act when 1 speaks chinese, the other speaks korean.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes this drama is so off. In a way could be good that New Sea isn't coming out. I guess it'll be another off drama....:blink:it's difficult to act when 1 speaks chinese, the other speaks korean.

But I want to watch New Sea :Please:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Or this type of CF? An updated version..

This is good, showing skin is an added bonus! :love: Anything is good for me now. After BM, am currently rewatching TWDR, I'm revisiting his dramas that I've never rewatched before. So well, as long as we can see his face, and better still if he can show more skin. :lol: I hv no complaints, I also agree with @fiesty8001 , I want to watch New Sea. :cutekitty: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Ok finally took a look at anchor beauty.  You guys were right when you say it is bad and the ending... couldn't agree more what a waste of his talents.

Instead watching that better watch the original. All About Eve still be my favorite to these day. The male lead is so charming. The character. He never believe in any rumors or fall to temptation. his eye only for his beloved Sun Mi. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

Joe Taslim posted some Swordsman pics on his instagram, and there is a selfie with JH.

He said that he spent 3 months filming in South Korea and love the food and culture there. Great experience, super friendly cast and crew, he learnt a lot, super excited for his movie. Although it may not be screening in Indonesia as cinemas are still closed there, but he hopes friends who live in Korea can watch it.

118005368_1748858768623111_1837519892727

• Thanks 6

42 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Joe Taslim posted some Swordsman pics on his instagram, and there is a selfie with JH.

He said that he spent 3 months filming in South Korea and love the food and culture there. Great experience, super friendly cast and crew, he learnt a lot, super excited for his movie. Although it may not be screening in Indonesia as cinemas are still closed there, but he hopes friends who live in Korea can watch it.

JH looks super cute and shy in that pic, but also- there is a wound there on his face... I'm glad this movie for which JH works so hard and got injured is finally coming out. I kinda wish he grew his own hair out for that movie... I wonder if this is the movie that made him hate wigs and want to use his own hair in MC.

Seeing how Joe Taslim is so easy with English, while so many Koreans (including JH) struggle with it, I wonder if in indonesia English is an official language or more commonly used? I had a friend who grew up in Malaysia, while her family were Chinese in origin. To my surprise, she said that in her house they actually spoke English. Is this common in many Asian countries?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Joe Taslim posted some Swordsman pics on his instagram, and there is a selfie with JH

He looks so fair. Guess they used darker makeup on him to make his skin look more rough and dark. Otherwise, swordsman Taeyul may look more like Prince Taeyul.

20200825-165153-534.jpg

:winkx:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH looks super cute and shy in that pic, but also- there is a wound there on his face... I'm glad this movie for which JH works so hard and got injured is finally coming out. I kinda wish he grew his own hair out for that movie... I wonder if this is the movie that made him hate wigs and want to use his own hair in MC.

Seeing how Joe Taslim is so easy with English, while so many Koreans (including JH) struggle with it, I wonder if in indonesia English is an official language or more commonly used? I had a friend who grew up in Malaysia, while her family were Chinese in origin. To my surprise, she said that in her house they actually spoke English. Is this common in many Asian countries?

No, it was SOGC that JH said he hated using the wig.

Actually both Malay and Indonesian are very similar to English, so I guess it is easy for them to learn it. And in my house, we speak mainly English to the kids. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, it was SOGC that JH said he hated using the wig.

He did? Well, in that case, I think for his own comfort, he should  always have long hair! I'm just worried for his comfort... :D

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually both Malay and Indonesian are very similar to English, so I guess it is easy for them to learn it. And in my house, we speak mainly English to the kids. 

I didn't know that Malay and Indonesian are so similar to English... Interesting. Is it that those languages have many english words in them because of the British rule?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But I want to watch New Sea

I want to watch too! To see how off it can get. :tounge_wink:

I wonder if in indonesia English is an official language or more commonly used? I had a friend who grew up in Malaysia, while her family were Chinese in origin. To my surprise, she said that in her house they actually spoke English. Is this common in many Asian countries?

In Msia, the 1st language is the bahasa melayu (malay language) so all subjects (except for english) are taught in bahasa melayu. This applies to their public school. Of course if the family is wealthy enough to enrol into Private Schools or International Schools, it would be taught in english.

I didn't know that Malay and Indonesian are so similar to English... Interesting.

I've had the opportunity to study bahasa melayu/chinese language when I was in school. English being my 1st language, chinese as my 2nd language & bahasa as a 3rd language. As of current (since I've left school donkey years ago), I can still speak/understand the malay language but I can't do Bahasa Indonesia although I can understand some phrases but I can't speak their accent. Both are similar yet different languages at the same time. The bahasa melayu & bahasa indonesia have differences in the vocab, pronunciation, spelling & grammar.

For a kid who's learning bahasa melayu & english at the same time, ie. english as the 1st language & bahasa melayu as the 2nd language, can be confusing. Example : the air we breathe in is spelled as AIR. In bahasa melayu, AIR is water. (Hope this explanation helps).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

He did? Well, in that case, I think for his own comfort, he should  always have long hair! I'm just worried for his comfort... :D

I didn't know that Malay and Indonesian are so similar to English... Interesting. Is it that those languages have many english words in them because of the British rule?

I'm Indonesian, even though Malay and Indonesian are similar, I think Malaysia has more adopted words from English since Malaysia colonized by the British (CMIIW). Indonesian is a mixed of Malay and adopted words from English, Dutch, and Portuguese. We speak Indonesian and local languages (different province has difference language and dialect) in daily life, but we are familiar with English, especially for business.

I have a business partner with Malaysian, but I'm more comfortable communicate with them in English, since there are a lot of differences between Malaysian Malay and Indonesian Malay :D.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, budgerie said:

Blame it on JH that we're on the topic of language! Hahaha!

But while we r on this topic, I think JH can understand English pretty well. He seemed to understand what they were explaining to him in his trip to US, u know the one where he was alone with only the cameramen. The translator could be nearby, but I think he can understand, just that he can't speak the language. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

AJH looks super cute and shy in that pic, but also- there is a wound there on his face... I'm glad this movie for which JH works so hard and got injured is finally coming out. I kinda wish he grew his own hair out for that movie... I wonder if this is the movie that made him hate wigs and want to use his own hair in MC.

@Prettysup But he grew his hair out for Chuno and for the first time he interpreted Bangwon in the movie too. Both were filmed before Swordsman and SOGC. So, he probably always preferred not using wigs, if possible. It makes sense, wigs look fake in general. 

@corey JH shows up towards the end of ep 4 in Merchant. Oh and one more thing, Merchant is bad. 

@Ding77 I read from a chinese fan, that he can carry a conversation, or at least small talk in english. They communicated that way. I also met a lady who said was his english instructor, during the fan meeting I attended in Corea. He probably understands it enough but has a harder time speaking it and he has a rather thick accent. His writing seems to also be on basic (adorable) level based on his IG captions lol :lol:

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

But while we r on this topic, I think JH can understand English pretty well. He seemed to understand what they were explaining to him in his trip to US, u know the one where he was alone with only the cameramen. The translator could be nearby, but I think he can understand, just that he can't speak the language. 

Many many years back...I still remember when the magician asked for his wedding ring, he gave. But when he took it back from the magician, he checked the inside of the ring (hahaha) just to ensure the name engraved is his wife name & not some other lady I guess....heeheehee! I also think he can understand & speak quite a fair bit only he isn't confident maybe.

21 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Are Indonesian and Malay difficult languages to learn?

For me, the malay language isn't difficult because the spelling is like english, using alphabet. But like all languages, have to speak frequently to get the hang of it. Only thing now is I've returned the written part to my teacher already. As in the proper grammar writing. :grimace:But for bahasa indonesia, I never could manage it.  

• Like 4