Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m loling at @budgerie punking @Biology Lesson :lol:

 

I haven’t been able to get hooked on anything myself! Im currently watching clips of House MD that keep popping up for me and The Big Bang Theory on YT (Ive never watched the full show and Im looking for it now) 

 

*sigh* I miss Jang Hyuk 

 

@corey I only watched ep1 of Healer and was totally not in the mood for it :unsure: Maybe I should try again. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • azureblue7

    3495

  • Prettysup

    3495

  • Biology Lesson

    2312

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had to show my friends on here one of my Christmas presents  Hope you all had a blessed Christmas.  

Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was supe

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing h

51 minutes ago, corey said:

Side note example - in the search of a good drama to watch I started "The Third Charm" - and in one of the first scenes the ML explains to his co-worker that he is wearing BB cream. I imagine that very few men in my country would even know what BB cream is...

What's a BB cream?! :blink: Seriously, I don't know... :D

 

Quote

You've got to be kidding me... Only 4 episodes??! However, this actually explains a lot. Namely, why most of the dramas get so boring after 7th or so episode and in many dramas the ending is just a rushed sloppy lazy shlock. Because who would bother to polish the script if nobody is going to look at it until the production is well under way and it is too late to stop...

You actually have a point there, explains why JH took TMWYS, on a promise that wasn't delivered... On the other hand, BM got better after the first 4 episodes and also FTLY... But I guess that is rare...

 

Quote

 

I can only nod my head vigorously in agreement.

BTW, have you seen Healer? I suddenly remember that this was not that bad. And the ending was not stupid, either. The first episode dragged a little, that is why it took me two attempts to see the drama, but once I got past the first episode, it got a lot better. FL is not an idiot.

No, I haven't seen it... I will try... thanks :) 

 

Quote

I, on the other hand, out of desperation Iam watchin "Joseon survival", another time travel drama. Any other suggestions from you? (similar in quality to Ms Temper?)

 

similar in quality to Ms Temper? I wish...

Not really, I think you know about all the shows that I liked (they are not that many...)- I did like "Hello, Monster" in my first viewing- the mystery was interesting, though I didn't buy the love story. However, when I tried to rewatch the show, I got bored, maybe because I already knew what will happen...

What else did I like? I kinda liked "Terius behind you",  but mostly for the supporting cast, they were great. The kids were annoying and the love story bland, but the show had amusing moments.

And that's it...

 

48 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I’m loling at @budgerie punking @Biology Lesson :lol:

Oh, you should watch that show... That will stop your loling... :rolleyes: I mean it was painful, and all the while the music was very upbeat, as though trying to convince me that what I'm watching is hilarious, and not incredibly annoying!  <_<

 

Quote

I haven’t been able to get hooked on anything myself! Im currently watching clips of House MD that keep popping up for me and The Big Bang Theory on YT (Ive never watched the full show and Im looking for it now) 

If you are looking for something light and funny let me recommend a show to you called "psych"- the show is funny, with great crime cases, and some of the most perfect episodes I've ever seen! (There is one episode that involves a telenovela that I think you'd love! :D)

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson Oh I had a “Psych” phase, I used to watch that show with my mom every weekend (but I don’t remember the telenovela episode, interesting!)  Certainly the kind of fun stuff I’m craving right now 

 

Did you ever watch “Scrubs”? Damn I loved that show! It combined comedy and tragedy so efficiently. I mean there were some really poignant and hard episodes since it was set in a hospital but it was essentially a comedy so I was always amazed at how they made that work. 
 

Anyway, Jang Hyuk is hot! Just saying this to keep this “on topic” :D


A BB cream or CC cream, these are creams that are a combination of foundation and moisturizer + sunscreen basically, and they add vitamins and such. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Oh I had a “Psych” phase, I used to watch that show with my mom every weekend (but I don’t remember the telenovela episode, interesting!)  Certainly the kind of fun stuff I’m craving right now 

 

Oh, it's a hilarious episode! I love it! :) It's episode 13 in season 2

 

8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Did you ever watch “Scrubs”? Damn I loved that show! It combined comedy and tragedy so efficiently. I mean there were some really poignant and hard episodes since it was set in a hospital but it was essentially a comedy so I was always amazed at how they made that work. 
 

Oh, for sure I watched scrubs! Loved that show, except for the last seasons...

8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Anyway, Jang Hyuk is hot! Just saying this to keep this “on topic” :D

 

He is, isn't he?... I saw this picture recently, and, I have to say, I love this look with the rings on his fingers! Such a hot look! Always makes me wonder who is the real JH...

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I haven’t been able to get hooked on anything myself! Im currently watching clips of House MD that keep popping up for me and The Big Bang Theory on YT (Ive never watched the full show and Im looking for it now) 

 

*sigh* I miss Jang Hyuk 

 

Hihi I watched a lot, but sometime not sure what to recommend after reading the comments.  I actually prefer House over scrubs, but Scrubs actually closer to real life in hospitals.  I often wonder how JH would take on such a character as House.  It's a pretty unique character have some comedy and the antihero wounded ml type which is probably what drew me to the show in the first place.   

 

Big Bang I have also come to love, but it wasn't always the case.  My bro can't stand it because he think Sheldon is too obnoxious and inconsiderate.  For me, I think some shows takes time if you can get pass a certain episode it gets better.  Some show I watch only for certain parts.  It's hard to find an all around good show.

 

Born Again just came out.  Is anyone going to give that a try or did already?

 

And yes can't wait for new JH drama hopefully he won't pick to uglify himself

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@phoenix24 I remember when House was the “it” show, I refused to watch it because he was such a jerk! He infuriated me for real! I just couldn’t stand him but, I don’t know when or how I caved and I ended just loving the show. He is an richard simmons, but now I laugh at his antics (knowing that he is not as evil as I initially thought) 

 

Despite the shows being completely different in tone, Scrubs had their “Dr House” in Dr Cox, remember? i ended up loving the character too.

 

I thought LYO was kind of like “House” at first, he had the coldness and the wit, but then he turned into much less of a “savage”. 
 

I’m on a roll watching Big Bang Theory’s best scenes and yes Sheldon is quite a jerk but awww he has sweet moments too and they all make me laugh (although all annoy me at times too) except for Amy. I’m a big fan of Amy lol But I still don’t want to pay money to watch the full episodes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

@budgerie recommended to me, but I have a suspicion she was actually trying to punk me <_<, because this show has the most annoying FL protagonist I've ever seen! More annoying than any of the women in the Kdramas that I've seen! Oh my god!... :confounded: 

So, as I've said,  really good dramas are very rare... :D

I'm laughing at the way you described me but let me explain...:DIn any drama, there's bound to have flaws in the script. JH drama included. However, some audience can accept the flaws. Some cannot. That's why watching a drama is very individual taste. The reason I asked you to watch is because I seriously needed a companion to rant at the script. It's one of those occasion where I want to ask the scriptwriter, if she's love deprived in her own personal life!! :triumph:

 

Frankly, if you can get past the annoying FL, you'll see that it's very real life this drama. The reason why I "like" it is because it's so real life. The FL in BM was annoying as well initially but we got past that. In this drama, the FL is indeed annoying but in actual life, I won't call it annoying. She's in her mid 30s, successful career but finds it difficult to find a boyfriend. Why I say real life is because if we look around our circle of friends, we might come across 1 of our friend in a similar situation. Her personality makes it difficult for her to have a boyfriend. All of us have personality that is annoying to others but we ourselves don't feel that it's annoying.

 

The ML in this drama is such a sweet guy, caring, understanding, accommodating, mild tempered. His only flaws, the residue of his past relationship still haunts him. Again if we look at our circle of friends, we may find 1 of our friend in a similar situation, unable to walk out of the past hurts thus closing his door or her door to future love.

 

However, due to the contract marriage, they lived together under 1 roof with different bedrooms. From the initial despising each other to friendship to having feelings for each other. Their having feelings for each other is not those head over heels in love with you type but is the gradual acceptance of each other's flaws, doing things for each other, esp the FL changed quite significantly. She would wait for him to come home, she would make dessert for him, etc. He feels uneasy when he's home & she's not. He'll phone her to ask where is she so that he can pick her up. He prepares supper for her. In real life, we would do things for the people we like, without being asked to do.

 

The frustration comes when both are aware of their desire for each other but he's afraid to take it on to the next level. And this is what I want to rant about. :triumph::DPersonally I'm ok with drama like this instead of the I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME romance type.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Nope it's just Korean(and I guess now also Chinese) actor thing. These actresses don't have sensibility to dress properly for formal events or for winters. I've seen So Ji Sub offering his handkerchief to 11 years Kim Soo Ahn whose coordinator dressed her in a short frock. Poor girl had hard time saving her modesty.

 

Once a popular Indian actress wore a cringy mini dress in a children's show and half of the show she was trying to pull her dress down and other half of the show she was trying to pull her gaping neckline up.:crazy:

I feel the same too! Actresses need to know if they have to sit infront of the audience - please wear something longer that can cover up. I mean, when we sit, sometimes our legs opened up a little if we are not conscious. Haiz! :phew:

 

12 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I've watched some popular costume/fantasy dramas like Scarlet Heart, 3 Worlds 3 Lives 10 miles of Peach Blossoms, Empress in the Palace, Age of Phoenixes, Red Sorghum etc. But I've not finished many of these dramas(due to lack of time or intrest). 

Modern C dramas don't look too attractive to me. Are costume/fantasy dramas more popular in China? It seems like they don't spend enough money on modern dramas.:sweatingbullets:  Although the production quality of many new C dramas(I guess mainly non-modern) is top notch.

I think quality and popularity of C dramas would surpass K dramas in upcoming years.

I've watched SH, 3W3L, Empress in the Palace.

It looked like C drama historical is more liked by the audience. Because it's history? Most of the time, apart from the fiction ones, most are real history. But even the fiction ones are top notch. 

I personally like historical drama more than modern. Am watching an old drama which I've watched before, The 3 Kingdoms which is 95 episodes. It takes a lot of patience.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Despite the shows being completely different in tone, Scrubs had their “Dr House” in Dr Cox, remember? i ended up loving the character too.

 

I thought LYO was kind of like “House” at first, he had the coldness and the wit, but then he turned into much less of a “savage”. 
 

I’m on a roll watching Big Bang Theory’s best scenes and yes Sheldon is quite a jerk but awww he has sweet moments too and they all make me laugh (although all annoy me at times too) except for Amy. I’m a big fan of Amy lol But I still don’t want to pay money to watch the full episodes. 

hihi I never watch that much of scrubs to find out.  I think the part that I caught a glimpse of wasn't my type of humor, but like you sometime I do go back to watch certain shows/dramas and find an appreciation for it.

 

Oh yea I love Amy she's intelligent and nice.  I haven't really kept up with the latest episodes, but was nice when I caught glimpse of it on the plane.  I think for me Sheldon doesn't have evil intent in that jerk sense.  He's just really honest, his train of thought is different and he does care for people so that's why it's forgivable/acceptable for me.  Probably, why I can accept JH's characters too.  I think that's why sometime it's nice to have that mix of different personalities to balance each other out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Ya, he washed Poong's hair for him, slept on the same bed with him...haha

hihi that's why I laugh at late night e news thing when JH said he doesn't like men and save Junho from staring into fl's eyes.  However they both look more shy to each other.

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I'm laughing at the way you described me but let me explain...:DIn any drama, there's bound to have flaws in the script. JH drama included. However, some audience can accept the flaws. Some cannot. That's why watching a drama is very individual taste. The reason I asked you to watch is because I seriously needed a companion to rant at the script. It's one of those occasion where I want to ask the scriptwriter, if she's love deprived in her own personal life!! :triumph:

Frankly, if you can get past the annoying FL, you'll see that it's very real life this drama. The reason why I "like" it is because it's so real life. The FL in BM was annoying as well initially but we got past that. In this drama, the FL is indeed annoying but in actual life, I won't call it annoying. She's in her mid 30s, successful career but finds it difficult to find a boyfriend. Why I say real life is because if we look around our circle of friends, we might come across 1 of our friend in a similar situation. Her personality makes it difficult for her to have a boyfriend. All of us have personality that is annoying to others but we ourselves don't feel that it's annoying.

I'm sorry but I can't! I physically can't watch this show! I tried. Believe me I tried. From episode 1 I said to myself "There must be a reason @budgerie wanted me to watch this show! Surely she knows my main peeve in Kdramas is the annoying fl protagonist! It must get better!" But it didn't! It got worse!:crazy:

This woman was rude from the get go, ungrateful and unreasonable. The girl from BM was no where near as annoying as this one. I would compare her more to the woman from WOL, but even she was better! And I didn't finish watching WOL... If I met this woman in real life, I would have probably avoided her as much as possible. And if I was forced to be in her vicinity, I would have probably snapped at her. At no point did this woman act reasonably! Her behavior during that dinner was horrifying, and her tendency to leave whenever the guy told her the truth, was even more annoying! The only satisfying moment in the show was when he let her out of his car mid way! This is why by episode 3 I started to think that maybe you were playing a prank on me... :lol: So I stopped watching!

So I'm sorry- but I can't! I seriously can't! :fearful:

 

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

The ML in this drama is such a sweet guy, caring, understanding, accommodating, mild tempered. His only flaws, the residue of his past relationship still haunts him. Again if we look at our circle of friends, we may find 1 of our friend in a similar situation, unable to walk out of the past hurts thus closing his door or her door to future love.

 

However, due to the contract marriage, they lived together under 1 roof with different bedrooms. From the initial despising each other to friendship to having feelings for each other. Their having feelings for each other is not those head over heels in love with you type but is the gradual acceptance of each other's flaws, doing things for each other, esp the FL changed quite significantly. She would wait for him to come home, she would make dessert for him, etc. He feels uneasy when he's home & she's not. He'll phone her to ask where is she so that he can pick her up. He prepares supper for her. In real life, we would do things for the people we like, without being asked to do.

 

The frustration comes when both are aware of their desire for each other but he's afraid to take it on to the next level. And this is what I want to rant about. :triumph::DPersonally I'm ok with drama like this instead of the I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME romance type.

I'm sorry, to me this sounds horrible :lol: I know you don't like FTLY that much, but to me that is my favorite JH show, so I think this is where we differ. I can't stand people being unreasonable. I can't take that. Maybe someone else in the thread will join you in watching this show... Biyane! 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Healer is a good show, after you can get past like 2 episodes. The first 2 were boring. I liked Park Min Young in it. But I felt the 2nd male lead was better of an actor. And he’s playing with Lee Bo Young in a new Melo romance drama now. Why can’t directors pick JH for those melo roles?? :cold_sweat: sigh...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

@corey Since you like the topic of kisses, I stumbled upon this clip of Coffee Prince. This is the first kdrama I watched and I remembered some actual interesting kisses and fun encounters in it (the girl looks like a boy but thats part of the point as its one of those where the boy spends half of the drama thinking she is a guy) Anyway to see the kiss, go towards the end, minute 5:22 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

hihi that's why I laugh at late night e news thing when JH said he doesn't like men and save Junho from staring into fl's eyes.  However they both look more shy to each other.

Well , JunHo commented that JH is very manly and handsome..haha

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@corey Since you like the topic of kisses, I stumbled upon this clip of Coffee Prince. This is the first kdrama I watched and I remembered some actual interesting kisses and fun encounters in it (the girl looks like a boy but thats part of the point as its one of those where the boy spends half of the drama thinking she is a guy) Anyway to see the kiss, go towards the end, minute 5:22 

 

Coffee Prince was fun and Yoon Eun Hye is a good kisser. Unfortunately her career has tanked while Gong Yoo is still on the top.

 

I want to see JH in such drama for a change. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Coffee Prince was fun and Yoon Eun Hye is a good kisser. Unfortunately her career has tanked while Gong Yoo is still on the top.

 

I want to see JH in such drama for a change. 

 

 

K-Netz not really a forgiving type for female actress. YEH scandal kind of big and total letdown of her career. She indeed a good actress even I'm not really enjoying Coffee Prince. I like her richard simmons role in underrated K-Drama My Fair Lady with Yoon Sang Hyun. Gong Yoo also have a lukewarm career after Big but he indeed bounce back with Goblin and Train To Busan. And this just in

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395626wpp/gong-yoo-in-talks-to-star-in-new-dystopian-sci-fi-drama-along-with-bae-doona

 

Raise hand who hope that JH picking something like this for a change?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - current variety 'National Bang Bang Cook Cook', upcoming movie 'Tomb of the River’
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..