1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I get what you mean. I ranted a lot and now Im drained myself. Im going to keep quiet until the next episode. We need to vent but if a person reaches a point where everything about the show is negative then, well, best thing is to drop it. Its easy to get on “negative” mode, its kinda contagious and truth is there are some things about the drama that I LIKED, I just want more of it (that whole, I felt sorry for you and myself moment, Its so tiny yet, makes the drama for me). Also really really love what JH is doing with his voice and yes his character seems like a “comic” character starting from the aesthetics, I think that is the concept, just like Hwang looks like she comes from The Matrix, but so what? The killer is also OTT, to me it feels intentional and we could tell from

the posters so I don’t mind. But anyway as a JH fan Ive always felt that Im in this dilemma where I want to speak my mind (and I do) but then regret it somewhat because (especially on twitter) people get influenced by others comments and I figure they’ll think “Wow, if even a JH fan is trashing this then it must really suck!” and I kind of don’t want to contribute to the negativity, especially on an ongoing project of his. 

I never really saw what you said as trashing.  People tend to interpret things differently and we can't always win.  I never really like blind faith to an artist either.  That's how I am to my friends/loved ones as well.  I will truthfully give the pros and cons especially when ask.  I think it's just matter of delivery and if we do it from a respectful place.  I think we all here just want to see him have a successful project and to be able to showcase his full potential.

• Like 3

@phoenix24 Yeah I meant specially on twitter I’ve had regrets because I say some silliness and then casual viewers and/or JH ask me, what??? That baaaddd? I won’t start the drama then! And Im like, oh no. Thats why I check myself every once in a while 

Here is the best place to vent because like you said, we come from a place of respect for JH, so we might not like eeeeeverything he does but we always rant with love lol (actual disrespectful hater comments toward him actually hurt and I get on protective mom mode.) 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Yeah I meant specially on twitter I’ve had regrets because I say some silliness and then casual viewers and/or JH ask me, what??? That baaaddd? I won’t start the drama then! And Im like, oh no. Thats why I check myself every once in a while 

Here is the best place to vent because like you said, we come from a place of respect for JH, so we might not like eeeeeverything he does but we always rant with love lol (actual disrespectful hater comments toward him actually hurt and I get on protective mom mode.) 

I don't really hang out on Twitter.  Being human it's hard not to get somewhat affected by comments.  I just remember JH saying he goes more parallel with fans' comments so I don't think he's totally affected.  If so he would of just went for the popular genres/roles. I hope and it seem to me he can take constructive criticism especially when there's logic or something to back it up and that's one of his attractive qualities.  To always improve, being curious, and wanting to learn.  Also, some actors go into directing etc.  If that's ever the case with him, I hope he takes some of suggestions to heart.  As we can all see, fans aren't always forgiving, are smarter, and  notice more details than in the past.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw with regards to the TMWYS, I’m now feeling kinda drained from reading the show’s Soompi forum thread, cos there are quite a number if people criticizing the show and the characters and most things around it that it is quite sad to read! Not sure if you guys feel the same way? Sometimes I really wished there were also a little bit more appreciation for the show and what the casts are doing with their acting and not just the negatives. I guess it’s inevitable because people don’t necessarily view it from a JH lense and I know I’m biased in wanting to see the show at least have some form of success or JH being appreciated for his acting. :(

@The Reel LifeIt's that bad ah, that's causing you to be drained. Haiz! Take a deep breath before you read this - hahaha! It might be a little long. :lol:

I just want to say don't let yourself be affected by what you read in the drama forum. That forum is a drama forum. Not all the people in there are JH fans. Some may be fans of the other actors/actresses or some are just random viewers.

Why do you let yourself be drained of their remarks? It'll not make you feel better & it'll not make them change their perspective of the drama or of JH.

I know you want people to recognise JH & his drama. But if you remove the JH bias lens you're wearing & ask yourself, had the actor not be JH, would you be so drained & would you even want to continue watching this drama? Only you know your truthful answer.

I know you're a die hard JH fan. But whether he gets 1 new fan after this drama or he has 1 million fans after this drama, honestly, it doesn't affect him. He just want to do his work as an actor, deliver his role 100%, whether it is a hit or a failure drama, is beyond his control. Likewise, whether people appreciates JH or not, or like his drama or not, is beyond your control.

To those people who aren't JH fans, this is just a random drama they come across. They just want to rant at the stupidity of the plot or the casts, not particulary attacking JH. But even if anyone attacks JH style of acting, haven't you, me or we ourselves done that before at 1 point or another (we might criticise this actor cannot act or that actress cannot act). 

We can't force people to like JH, we can't force people to like his projects, we can't force people to see things the way we see things. It's unfair to the random viewers if we force them to wear a JH bias lens. To each his own. Everyone has their opinions. Everyone has their own likes.

We don't need to win any argument with them, we don't need to fight our way through with them. If someone fights their way through with you wanting you to like their idol, would you be more pissed or would you automatically switch idol? 心静自然凉 no point getting yourelf drained over a drama of his. There will be many more drama whom people won't see it the way you do or like JH the way you do. 这么办? Get drained every drama? It's not worth it to affect your health this way. Stay calm friend! Enjoy the drama as it is with all the flaws. :lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I get what you mean. I ranted a lot and now Im drained myself. Im going to keep quiet until the next episode. We need to vent but if a person reaches a point where everything about the show is negative then, well, best thing is to drop it. Its easy to get on “negative” mode, its kinda contagious and truth is there are some things about the drama that I LIKED, I just want more of it (that whole, I felt sorry for you and myself moment, Its so tiny yet, makes the drama for me). Also really really love what JH is doing with his voice and yes his character seems like a “comic” character starting from the aesthetics, I think that is the concept, just like Hwang looks like she comes from The Matrix, but so what? The killer is also OTT, to me it feels intentional and we could tell from

the posters so I don’t mind. But anyway as a JH fan Ive always felt that Im in this dilemma where I want to speak my mind (and I do) but then regret it somewhat because (especially on twitter) people get influenced by others comments and I figure they’ll think “Wow, if even a JH fan is trashing this then it must really suck!” and I kind of don’t want to contribute to the negativity, especially on an ongoing project of his. 

Don't get depressed/drained too. Most important is you enjoy the drama, JH enjoys acting the drama. Everything else not important/beyond your control too. Cheer up. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

“Wow, if even a JH fan is trashing this then it must really suck!” and I kind of don’t want to contribute to the negativity, especially on an ongoing project of his. 

Actually may I just say something...hmm...my english may not be that good to express it but I hope you can know what I mean.

I don't know why some people get the idea or thinks that "if I am a so & so fan, I cannot say anything negative". Everything about so & so is good.

I remembered many years ago in another forum, because I said something about the actor & I got trashing. I had critcised his portrayal of the character, as in, I found him unsuitable for a cutie role. But that's my personal opinion. I don't agree that if we are, example : JH fans means we cannot say any negative things about his drama or his role. If we have to only say good things than we become fanatic fans ourselves, that's how I feel.

I guess maybe because I'm neutral. I love JH as my idol for sure but I don't agree with "if I like you, everything about you is good" .  You know what I mean?

• Like 3

@budgerie I agree completely but some people get too influenced by word of mouth and opinions, and sometimes my lose mouth can get interpreted as I’m trashing him and it bugs me. Its not so much that I care what people think of me as a fan, its more like some ppl react this way: If a fan praise their idol they think: “that person is biased, their opinion doesn’t really count”, if a fan says something negative about their idol “Oh wow, if even a fan can’t tolerate this drama, this probably is true its probably really bad”. Something like that

But like you said, ppl’s reactions and drama results are beyond our individual control so, we better relax and enjoy the ride B)

• Like 4

@budgerie I agree completely but some people get too influenced by word of mouth and opinions, and sometimes my lose mouth can get interpreted as I’m trashing him and it bugs me.

I know what you mean. Some people get to his defence as soon as they read something - like what you said, your loose mouth gets misinterpreted.

But we all have to understand that each of us come from different nation. Some of us can express the sentence in a better way, it doesn't sound like trashing, some of us, (like me) can't express a sentence properly at times. So i get misinterpreted as I'm trashing too. Haiz! 

If only people are not too quick to jump to defence mode, the forum is actually a nice place to interact, to make friends, to know how everyone thinks about this drama or that drama or the role JH is playing. It can be enjoyable if people don't be on "guard duty" jumping to his defence the minute we read a sentence that doesn't sound good to our ears. Is good to re read again the sentence without prejudice.

Its not so much that I care what people think of me as a fan, its more like some ppl react this way: If a fan praise their idol they think: “that person is biased, their opinion doesn’t really count”, if a fan says something negative about their idol “Oh wow, if even a fan can’t tolerate this drama, this probably is true its probably really bad”. Something like that

For sure it's like this & I too don't understand why is like this. It's like we have to choose he's good or he's no good.

If I praise JH, my friends also said "I'm bias. I'm his fan so he's best". If I criticise his particular role, they say "I thought he's your idol - I thought you said he's good"...

But like you said, ppl’s reactions and drama results are beyond our individual control so, we better relax and enjoy the ride B)

I think if you tell JH that you're watching this drama but people are trashing you because of your opinions, what do you think he will say to you? Heeheehee...I bet you'll get your ears blocked with his long logic. But yes, just enjoy the drama, relax & rant as usual. Why stop just because of people opinion?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I don't know why some people get the idea or thinks that "if I am a so & so fan, I cannot say anything negative".

I don't support the idea of letting our real lives negatively influenced by dramas or actors but I think dramafan's concern is about being tactful in our interaction with the non-fans. I don't see anything wrong in her way of handling the 'catastrophes'. :D

On the side note I've dropped TMWYS after two eps. I was also skimming Crash Landing Upon You on a friend's suggestion(I want those hours of my life back) so I can't see two bad dramas in a row. I will watch only Hyukie's part later. 

I hope his great performance in My Country would bring better offers for him. I'm sure he got TMWYS's script before MC started airing. 

• Like 5

@fiesty8001 Why can’t I drop JHs dramas? You are smart and I’m cursed! I would at least like to be able to wait until the drama is over and then see if I watch only his parts or the whole thing. That would be ideal! 

Changing the subject a little, this blog post has a good translation of Jang Hyuk’s words about his young co-workers in My Country. I think he is very sweet, especially with Yang Se Jong :wub:

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/12/02/jang-hyuk-chats-about-his-3-junior-co-stars/

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

On the side note I've dropped TMWYS after two eps. I was also skimming Crash Landing Upon You on a friend's suggestion

Is CL good? I'm still contemplating if I should start. Storyline about romance? Btw, how's your NIF getting on? You finished?

Ok I side track too, if any one wants a romance story, try watching 1% of Anything 2016 version. The leads chemistry are real good.

• Like 1

@fiesty8001 Why can’t I drop JHs dramas? You are smart and I’m cursed! I would at least like to be able to wait until the drama is over and then see if I watch only his parts or the whole thing. That would be ideal! 

I must say I don't understand the reaction to the show, as it only started. What we got by now is much better than Voice, as the characters for sure are much better, and better than The guest, so, so far so good! I personally have no problem dropping a JH show. I dropped both Tazza and WOL, but both of them I did on advanced episodes- Tazza I think I dropped on the 17th episode, as I couldn't stand just how stupid and annoying Goni was, not to mention his horrible fake facial hair :) And WOL I dropped by ep 20 I think, as I couldn't stand anymore the way Doo Chil-Seong was being treated and I couldn't take the girl. Voice- as much as I hated it I didn't drop... don't know why :)

Oh, just remembered- I also didn't see the two last episodes of MC, cause as much as I loved Bang won, I couldn't care less about the plot of that show, so I felt seeing the clips that were uploaded online of Bang Won from the last episodes were enough for me...

At any rate guys, it's just a show... An OCN show at that, so there are no surprises here...drop it, watch it, it's fine. As it is, we're watching online, so the ratings are not affected anyway.

Changing the subject a little, this blog post has a good translation of Jang Hyuk’s words about his young co-workers in My Country. I think he is very sweet, especially with Yang Se Jong :wub:

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/12/02/jang-hyuk-chats-about-his-3-junior-co-stars/

My question is- when are we going to see the comments about JH from the young co-workers from My Country? JH has been very supportive of them, but I don't think I've seen one comment from them about JH, besides what they said in the second press conference...

• Like 2

@fiesty8001 Why can’t I drop JHs dramas?

You are in the state of hypnosis !  :w00t:

52 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is CL good? I'm still contemplating if I should start. Storyline about romance? Btw, how's your NIF getting on? You finished?

It's my personal opinion but please don't watch CLOY.  <_<

I'll watch NIF when I'm in complete peace of mind.  I've been watching J-drama Asa Ga Kita to cheer myself up. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Actually I kind of find the girl annoying too, but I can just fast forward haha. And I kind of pity those teachers having to wait for them in the cold mountainous area.

The girl is so 'girly' but I don't find her annoying and her voice was good. I think JH's team had best chemistry and best performance in the show. For me only puzzling thing was the concept of the show itself. 

15 hours ago, dramafan33 said:Also, during the fan meeting I attended, the lady who sat next to me told me she was his english teacher. She spoke really well and kindly translated what was going on for me :) 

I didn't know he had an English teacher. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

He is so generous with his compliments and his comment s about his co stars are always so sincere and spot on. He's really a good Sunbaenim. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 2/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, phoenix24 said:

Yea youtube was first place I looked.  Only saw parts of 1,2, 3, and 8 sub, but not all.  Unless it's listed under something else.

I recall watching it, maybe it’s in Chinese.

Okay I just went to search , it’s indeed in Chinese. 

• Like 2

Jane continues to be great! Translated the Q & A video too! The name Dr. Ahn is mentioned in the silly shampoo question. Is Dr. Ahn the Bang gan? Don't like JH is saying OHJ can't move... makes me less hopeful... And he essentially is saying the OHJ is completely blind. This kinda shows that all of the details weren't hammered before the filming started. Either that Or, that JH is going with OHJ's secret...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3