23 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Just finished reading this account of Japan fan meeting blog in detail. The fan says his hair now is similar to this one, I think it's not bad!

https://blog.naver.com/janghyuk_forever

1576714474772.jpeg?type=w773

And a sneak peek of Jap fan club pic which is so exclusive 

20191220185011a98.jpg

Woah the hair in the second pic is pretty long! Reminds me abit of the wrap up party pics. It’s so exclusive huh? They can’t even show his whole look? 

And where/when was the first picture taken? I surprisingly love him with brown wavy hair in that pic! So so handsome. Like a Japanese singer hahah

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Just finished reading this account of Japan fan meeting blog in detail. The fan says his hair now is similar to this one, I think it's not bad!

https://blog.naver.com/janghyuk_forever

And a sneak peek of Jap fan club pic which is so exclusive 

20191220185011a98.jpg

If it is like the pic taken of him singing, I think his image will be similar for the OCN drama too.

That sneak peek is making me soooo curious!  Guess the more exclusive, the more curious people will be.

I love this fan toon!! Can you spot his drama characters on the cake?So adorable!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Woah the hair in the second pic is pretty long! Reminds me abit of the wrap up party pics. It’s so exclusive huh? They can’t even show his whole look? 

And where/when was the first picture taken? I surprisingly love him with brown wavy hair in that pic! So so handsome. Like a Japanese singer hahah

The first pic was taken during his fan meeting in Japan in 2010. That's the only occasion which he sings haha..

Oh and I wanted to scold SidusHQ again, couldn't they have used a new pic for his birthday post yesterday?

• LOL 3

6 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I think I have questions that pop up while I was watching a drama, interview, etc. but isn't apparent to me now that this was asked.  I also worry that since there are so many interviews etc not subtitle that he might of answered it already.  Here are a few from recent topics.

1.  How would you like to spend time with your fans at an ideal fan meeting?  How much of what's organize depend on your fans or outside source? (hihi this give us insight to singing etc that was hot discussion)

2. It seems like you enjoy travel.  What place left a great impression on you and that you often return to?  What new place do you still want to explore?

3. Do you ever get fantasy scripts genre?  (vampire, god/demon/ghost, fairy tales-ancient time)  Or was there ever one you saw and thought I could of done that role or it would be interesting to try?

I love your questions! Especially #2 and #3 

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson Ok I didn’t understand you about PJ then. So your issue was more with the drama itself. I guess I assumed that PJs life was so focused on that family that other things would be a distraction. I “filled in blanks” without effort. It possibly happens when you can relate to certain characters or aspects, I suppose. A friend of mine told me a long time ago that she didn’t find Ddolbock realistic because he didn’t seem to have a life, no friends, no interests outside of turning himself into an assassin for revenge. I guess the two sidekicks he had didn’t count for her. I guess its a valid point of view. I just don’t see why its unrealistic. Plenty of people in this world are lonely like that, many times due to their own “minds” and being handsome or pretty will make no difference if you are “closed” to make real connections. Again, I understand the concept of not wanting to fill blanks due to what you consider “bad writing” but I can’t relate in the sense that what I saw was enough development. More so for PJ than Ddolbock actually (I have my issues with DB after a recent rewatch but the drama explicitly stressed how empty and purposeless life DB became without revenge so, showing other interests would’ve defeated the purpose but...anyway) I liked those little details that gave us a vague idea of who Piljoo would’ve been without revenge, the birdwatching PJ, Photographer PJ and even those letters he wrote pretending to be Bucheon, which revealed his own feelings and sensitivity. About having a sex life, it would’ve complicated things? (not saying they could’ve have made it work) but personally since “I” did perceive sexual tension between PJ and MR and kinda thought he was teasing her and provoking her, other “women” in his life would’ve felt like a waste of screentime. I guess I also saw his “sexless” existence as part of the “tragedy” of his life. I mean him having “no life” was to me what made him so sad. To what extend he gave up on life, literally for this “revenge”. Another factor is, I did feel his grandpa was cunning enough to be an important enemy to beat, adding to the fact that PJ had mixed feelings about him and the whole family, he wasn’t even 100% sure who ordered his mother’s death, was it Grandpa or MR? There were also the suspicions about what and who caused his father’s death (but thats where plot didn’t persuade you and its fine, you probably needed something more intricate which a brain like mine can’t even compute, tbh, Im a simple person when it comes to plots, and I also never expect much from a soap in that sense) 

Anyway, we may never agree on anything but thanks for letting me ramble on and figure out my own thoughts. I know that much of my appreciation is subjective. I might be naturally drawn to loner characters and when I engage too much with a character, maybe my brain turns off the part that cares about plot  and other things (why couldn’t I do that with his character in Voice? Hmmm another mistery) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I for one would love to see him play a prime minister/president, or a playboy too, or a gifted but troubled musician/poet. 

But ironically, I actually really want him to play a commoner the most. Just a simple man, working hard with a simple love story. Something that is about everyday life struggles but hopeful and heartwarming. 

Someone mentioned earlier that he has a very beautiful speaking voice. I really wish he did a role where he just spoke his normal gentle, quiet and casual-paced tone without any shouts or growls or intentional voice inflections. I think this is part of the reason why some people (I’ve read comments frm general international community) feel that he can be abit over the top. I don’t think that’s his intention at all, but it’s just that sometimes the roles he take are quite dramatic, and JH is also the type to fully “own” a character, so maybe it could be seen as such. But his latest roles recently have definitely seen a shift from the past. :)

I totally agree with you here! I wish him to play a normal guy and use his own voice! Jang Hyuk said before that if he wasn’t an actor he would’ve liked to be a teacher, so he can come home every day, he could play a sweet soft spoken teacher. It would be almost like “alternate life Jang Hyuk” awww. Now that would be different! And it would show a broader audience that he is also good at natural acting and playing common guys (I feel he showed that in Bad Papa, the movie Maybe, etc but not many people watched those) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm still kinda hopeful about this role just because of the things the lead actress said, that it will be more a psychological thriller. I really don't want this show to have the same structure as "The guest" and "Voice". That will bore me so... I was bored while both those shows. I would love it if it was rather a thriller like the movie "Sea of Love" or "child 44". However, the truth is, other than FTLY, BM and Robbers, I haven't seen love stories handled very well to my taste in Kdramas in general, even in shows that are defined as rom coms or melo. It always starts out nicely, but then it is dragged out strangely because of the asexuality of kdramas. Very rarely did I see a good depiction of growing sexual tension between the two character in Kdramas, as usually the women are depicted like children from that aspect. 

Ooooh, what kind of character would I like to see next from JH?... I really don't like vampire stories, so what would I like? Forbidden love is always great, so maybe play a protector that falls in love with the woman he's supposed to protect? Something like a good "Bodyguard"? In a historical show maybe a simple soldier that falls in love with noble women? 

Since JH is so good at analyzing the psychology of his characters, I would love to see him portray complex characters like a soldier that suffers from PTSD or from an injury. A parent that lost a child- that I know JH will portray beautifully and sensitively. We saw a glimpse of that in FTLY.

Another character I would love to see JH play is a police captain similar to the real captain in "Urban cops". Someone who is smart, calm, respected and extremely intense and committed. No screaming for this character, only commanding respect by his sheer presence and charisma... The best thing would be to see that guy fall in love :)

Ohhh I like all your scenarios here! Id like that smart captain of yours to be whipped by his woman lolol, him being very commanding with everyone but his woman or wife is his boss in the house teehee

Also, Ive been wanting for JH to play a beta male, not always be the alpha, it would allow him to expand his range even further

The interview where he explained how he calms the mood among his friends was in “Healing Camp” 

• Like 4

I’m so glad JH no longer has to answer the question like “who/what is your ideal type”. In the (ridiculous) event he gets those, he can just say his wife. Haha. I actually feel like I get a sense where interviewers are not allowed to ask him questions about his wife specifically. How they met, generic family questions are probably still ok but I rarely hear any questions abt that and it’s probably in the list of areas where the territory cannot be treaded. I know some artists place those conditions.

Hahaha yes - my ideal type is my wife! Anyone would be so stupid still to ask such question??

As far as I read, in 2011 when he was in Msia promoting Midas, he disallowed personal questions. In 2015 in Taiwan, he also disallowed personal questions. That was the time when baby girl was just born and he was in Taiwan filming Inside Outside.

I rmbr JH saying that it’s not so much the profession of the character that matters to him. But rather the personality and the growth of that character. He could play doctors again and again but it is the persona behind the profession that he is excited to portray. But seems like he hasn’t fulfilled his dream of playing the role of a ruling king yet haha. 

I for one would love to see him play a prime minister/president, or a playboy too, or a gifted but troubled musician/poet. 

But ironically, I actually really want him to play a commoner the most. Just a simple man, working hard with a simple love story. Something that is about everyday life struggles but hopeful and heartwarming. 

I do want him to play an emperor/king but a bad one. A king who is a warrior as well but a womaniser king. A king who is suspicious of his subjects. Typically, a bad king. OR

A rich playboy who found out 1 day that he had a son born out of wedlock with 1 of his many women, and he tries to be a good father by wanting to get custody of his son. In the process, fell in love with the boy's mother but she doesn't accept him and refused to give up her son.

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Very rarely did I see a good depiction of growing sexual tension between the two character in Kdramas, as usually the women are depicted like children from that aspect. 

I don't know if it's the writing or the culture? That if the genre is thriller, it is strictly thriller with nothing in between?? But if it's just strictly thriller it can be boring and heavy. A little romance will be nice.

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ooooh, what kind of character would I like to see next from JH?... I really don't like vampire stories, so what would I like? Forbidden love is always great, so maybe play a protector that falls in love with the woman he's supposed to protect? Something like a good "Bodyguard"? In a historical show maybe a simple soldier that falls in love with noble women? 

The "forbidden love" I can think of is Pil Joo. He did love MH but he can't love her further. Something like a "tortured" love would be nice too (for me), like he married her because he wants to revenge on her for what her father did to his family but she doesn't know. (I feel like I am a script writer now). Lol.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ohhh I like all your scenarios here! Id like that smart captain of yours to be whipped by his woman lolol, him being very commanding with everyone but his woman or wife is his boss in the house teehee

But please god, if we get that captain, let the love interest not be the usual goofy, quirky, unreasonable "little girl", whose only redeeming quality is her being pretty and cute. Every rom com seems to have that same character and I can't stand it! I want his love interest to be a woman. A grown up woman. And also, please let there be passion in it too! The love interest could be suspect, to inject the "forbidden love" aspect into the story... :)

45 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Also, Ive been wanting for JH to play a beta male, not always be the alpha, it would allow him to expand his range even further

Didn't he play the beta male in "Windswept"? can't think of a beta male character that is attractive...  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I do want him to play an emperor/king but a bad one. A king who is a warrior as well but a womaniser king. A king who is suspicious of his subjects. Typically, a bad king. OR

A rich playboy who found out 1 day that he had a son born out of wedlock with 1 of his many women, and he tries to be a good father by wanting to get custody of his son. In the process, fell in love with the boy's mother but she doesn't accept him and refused to give up her son.

That's very specific :D My only objection to JH playing a king in the clothes and the hat that the king always wears. Too distracting :) Thought in MC JH did show that he can circumvent dress codes when he wants to, with his robe constantly being undone... :) Also, wouldn't playing a king mean that he would mostly be inside the palace, and for sure there will be no fight scenes? I don't like that idea...

I would love seeing JH playing a father to young children. That would be be so cute! There is a movie with Al Pacino called "Author! Author!" in which this play writer needs to deal with his children and step children while needing to write a play. I remember that movie to be delightfully chaotic and funny. I think something like that could be nice for JH.

Look at this- it's hilarious and sweet :)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But please god, if we get that captain, let the love interest not be the usual goofy, quirky, unreasonable "little girl", whose only redeeming quality is her being pretty and cute. Every rom com seems to have that same character and I can't stand it! I want his love interest to be a woman. A grown up woman. And also, please let there be passion in it too! The love interest could be suspect, to inject the "forbidden love" aspect into the story... :)

Didn't he play the beta male in "Windswept"? can't think of a beta male character that is attractive...  

A beta can be sweet, sensitive, soft, shy, not many people associate him with softness, thats what I mean, he could explore that. He was whipped in Bad Papa already (so no thats not what I want lol)  I meant whipped in a sweet way not a sad pathetic way :( 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's very specific :D My only objection to JH playing a king in the clothes and the hat that the king always wears. Too distracting :) Thought in MC JH did show that he can circumvent dress codes when he wants to, with his robe constantly being undone... :) Also, wouldn't playing a king mean that he would mostly be inside the palace, and for sure there will be no fight scenes? I don't like that idea...

I would love seeing JH playing a father to young children. That would be be so cute! There is a movie with Al Pacino called "Author! Author!" in which this play writer needs to deal with his children and step children while needing to write a play. I remember that movie to be delightfully chaotic and funny. I think something like that could be nice for JH.

Look at this- it's hilarious and sweet :)

For a King, if its during pre-Joseon era, any of those kingdoms would have prettier clothes and jewelry, than Joseon era. And even If he plays a “ruthless” king, especially in a long drama, JH will always try to explore his humanity. I feel he’ll never play a cartoonish villain. Especially recently he said he prefers characters with “compassion” (which imo probably was a mistranslation of humanity) In movies he might be more willing to go for soulless individuals but in a drama, writing would have to be extremely compelling for such a character not to become tiresome

love this other idea of yours for a character (Author, author) :) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But please god, if we get that captain, let the love interest not be the usual goofy, quirky, unreasonable "little girl", whose only redeeming quality is her being pretty and cute. Every rom com seems to have that same character and I can't stand it! I want his love interest to be a woman. A grown up woman. And also, please let there be passion in it too!

Yes yes, can't stand the girl being a spoilt girl and the man have to coax her all the time to make her happy. No I hate this type of story too!

I'm not familiar with Korea emperor history but in C drama, there are emperors who are warriors too and they go to war. I like that when he wears the armor gear. But to add some spice, inside the palace when not going for war, can also be a womaniser. Afterall king/emperor have many wives/concubines. Mainly I want to see JH playing such character, esp a womaniser. :DHow he's interpreting such a role.

This would be nice too. Give us a glimpse of him in real fatherhood. Surely he will bring his experience from home. Make life a little tougher for him. The child could be an autistic child and JH plays his/her father. :joy:(There are still so many roles I want him to play).

An army officer who goes to war and because of war, got separated with his wife/children. Many years later, thought they are dead so he remarried. Later he discovered they didn't die. Hahaha, so makjang right? I just prefer complicated storylines instead of the straight "and they live happily ever after" storyline.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this fan toon!! Can you spot his drama characters on the cake?So adorable!

This is very cute! I just can’t tell which is the little Hyukie behind the strawberry, I thought it was Chulmin but I think he is by his ear :P

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This is very cute! I just can’t tell which is the little Hyukie behind the strawberry, I thought it was Chulmin but I think he is by his ear :P

Maybe the one behind the strawberry is his role in Thank You? Which is PJ btw? The far right one? And who’s the one on top of his head next to LYO? 

Btw just wanted to get you guys thoughts of what Hyukie said in his latest fan meeting. I think there were some parts where it was abit hard for me to understand clearly but I guess the gist of it was that he feels that he’s been charging forward too much (always looking ahead only) and now he wants to take a step back and be more present with people and also reminisce the past more? He wants to make more effort in catching up with friends and investing in friendship gestures that he didn’t use to do in the past isit? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I can't tell that little Hyukie and the one behind LYO. But I think you are right, It could be Chulmin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw just wanted to get you guys thoughts of what Hyukie said in his latest fan meeting. I think there were some parts where it was abit hard for me to understand clearly but I guess the gist of it was that he feels that he’s been charging forward too much (always looking ahead only) and now he wants to take a step back and be more present with people and also reminisce the past more? He wants to make more effort in catching up with friends and investing in friendship gestures that he didn’t use to do in the past isit? 

Yeah something like that, to do more planning instead of just working hard etc. I think the fans there also may not understand his views totally so they just do their own interpretation of his words. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1