2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I tried translating this, and I get mostly gibrish that doesn't make sense- did the person say something about a JH having a beard? Also, at the end- did she say that JH changed clothes midway and that his legs are too thin?! I'm so confused. Also, I saw another description and for some reason we get less account of the event and more account of feelings... I wish someone will post in English... :tears:

I relied on the iG translation and my very limited knowledge of japanese too..haha. But you are right,  most are accounts of feelings and less on events. 

• Like 1

This fan is soo cute and funny! If the translation is accurate, I think she tried to smell his scent by trying to inhale a deep breath from her nose without making too much noise when she was shaking his hand. But she said she couldn't pick up the gentle fragrance from Hyuk her friends mentioned..she said she will train her sense of smell the next time.:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Korean fan's account of the party.

Looks like singing is toughest for him.

cr. owner

Finally an account of what happened and not just what people felt... 

I wish people asked him more about YBW, and not just about his appearance- I'd love it if people would ask what happened in that scene in the forest and why was it cut. Also how involved he was in the script, since they gave him what he wanted in terms of character development...

Also- if singing is difficult for him, why must he sing? Do all actors in such events sing?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also- if singing is difficult for him, why must he sing? Do all actors in such events sing?

Ya.. I wonder why too. Maybe all such events require them to sing to show their romantic side? Wonder if he feel better performing his actions scenes ? Haha! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Ya.. I wonder why too. Maybe all such events require them to sing to show their romantic side? Wonder if he feel better performing his actions scenes ? Haha! 

I think so too. But I would prefer to see him do his action scenes over singing anytime. Haha. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

A more detailed blog in korean and english about the birthday event.

Part one

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=janghyuk_forever&logNo=221741857231&proxyReferer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FAW7b70YqVa%3Famp%3D1

Thank you! I just read it. He is so cute and thoughtful hehe. Can’t wait to read the second part!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

A more detailed blog in korean and english about the birthday event.

I wished those lucky enough to be there would ask more concrete questions about the drama - the forest scene, instead of focusing about his look. We all know he looks good no matter what. And I think JH would also prefer if his fans concentrate on his acting than his looks.

But signing all 600 cards is very thoughtful of him. He's aware of his fans love for him, as in, it isn't easy to book a reservation to get to his function. Not to mention the cost of having to book accommodation and air ticket too.

I would love to try his lemon tea, even if it is full of sugar :sweatingbullets: probably his wife and children had already drank lots of lemon tea as he perfected his lemon tea making. :phew:

Seriously, why must the event be inclusive of singing? As one ages, his vocal chord changes. Singing may eventually be a challenge to him if not now. Skip the singing and play more games or more interaction with fans.

• Like 4

I think we are overreacting about the singing. Him saying its a pain its only a joke probably. He can’t sing but he always has done it in events like these and in some shows. I honestly don’t even think it bothers him. He did it in the fan meeting I attended and it looked to me like he was having fun. He sang about three songs that time. I also think all actors do this kind of thing on those events. 

Btw how do we know what kind of questions the fans asked? I haven’t read any detailed account of the questions and answers but I figure it might not be too different to what he has already said in interviews. Remember, these events are supposed to be fun and lighthearted not meant to be super deep and serious. In fact, Jang Hyuk is already too famous for treating every subject too seriously and talking too much, so he probably is careful to mix things up in order not to bore people. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I wished those lucky enough to be there would ask more concrete questions about the drama - the forest scene, instead of focusing about his look. We all know he looks good no matter what. And I think JH would also prefer if his fans concentrate on his acting than his looks.

But signing all 600 cards is very thoughtful of him. He's aware of his fans love for him, as in, it isn't easy to book a reservation to get to his function. Not to mention the cost of having to book accommodation and air ticket too.

I would love to try his lemon tea, even if it is full of sugar :sweatingbullets: probably his wife and children had already drank lots of lemon tea as he perfected his lemon tea making. :phew:

Seriously, why must the event be inclusive of singing? As one ages, his vocal chord changes. Singing may eventually be a challenge to him if not now. Skip the singing and play more games or more interaction with fans.

I agree. I think when it comes to JH, wouldn't it be better to have him talk about his roles and process than have him act as an entertainer or comedian that is hosting a party? What is the point of having him make lemon tea, as cute as that may be?! 

One thing about interviews is that JH is rarely allowed to give full answers, mostly because, yeah, it might take too long :), but wouldn't that be the real JH experience? 

His thought process is so fascinating and the way he builds a character is so unique that I'd love to see him do what sometimes is done in conventions- just him on the stage, taking questions from the audience. No singing, no dancing, no lemon tea... Though I do wonder how he'd react if in the next fan meeting he'd be told he doesn't have to sing ... I wonder if he'd be insulted, thinking "what, am I that bad that even my fans don't want to hear me sing..." :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. I think when it comes to JH, wouldn't it be better to have him talk about his roles and process than have him act as an entertainer or comedian that is hosting a party? What is the point of having him make lemon tea, as cute as that may be?! 

One thing about interviews is that JH is rarely allowed to give full answers, mostly because, yeah, it might take too long :), but wouldn't that be the real JH experience? 

His thought process is so fascinating and the way he builds a character is so unique that I'd love to see him do what sometimes is done in conventions- just him on the stage, taking questions from the audience. No singing, no dancing, no lemon tea... Though I do wonder how he'd react if in the next fan meeting he'd be told he doesn't have to sing ... I wonder if he'd be insulted, thinking "what, am I that bad that even my fans don't want to hear me sing..." :) 

But he already talks way too much and very slowly. When is the translator going to breathe?

I know this is just opinions and we can say whatever, even overanalyze events many of us won’t ever attend lol! But anyway, my two cents, many of those japanese fans have been following him for decades, they probably do prefer the hand shaking moments, contests, getting prizes, getting to perform a scene with him rather than have him ramble on forever

It is possible he did reveal interesting bits about the dramas he works on but I haven’t read detailed accounts so who knows? I know someone who was there and she told me and some friends that in more recent events fans are asked to not take pictures and Im thinking they are probably asked not to reveal too much about these events since they are supposed to be kind of “exclusive”. I think the tickets are not cheap so the whole deal being exclusive might be some sort of “perk” (my guess) 

Another funny thing my friend told us is that, once again, one of the “rules” they emphasized is “do not touch his butt” :D and that there was a manager walking behind him as he visited each table, he looked like he was literally protecting Hyukie’s toosh lololol! I wonder if people broke this rule in the past that they are so adamant about this :lol:

I think fan meetings are great but in order to have an actual dialogue with him, a visit to the filming site (with those support coffee truck event) or wrap up drama events are the best, thats when my friend Gumi has had a chance to talk to him and gotten the best info from him and/or his managers. 

• Like 4