23 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk drew attention earlier by starring as a supporting role in "My Country." This is because he has starred as the lead in a number of works. But Jang said, "I don't think many of you know that, actually I've done a lot of 'and Jang-hyuk.' This is not the first time," he laughed. He added, "It does not matter whether it is a lead or supporting role, I wanted to try this character, and it was important how I could play it" he explained.

I didn’t know he has done a lot of “and Jang Hyuk” credits. I think he is trying to emphasize here that he’s not always done just main roles because people seem to be very surprised he is willing to take on supporting roles. Glad to hear that he doesn’t hold on to the notion of being a lead too tightly (I say glad because one day he won’t, and for a lot of actors that can be a damaging hit to their ego but he seems to not be bothered too much by it as long as he is interested in the character) but still... lead roles only please for now, Hyukie, for your fans hahahahaha! :lol:

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha sorry I can’t help, grasp of Korean language not good enough. I’m not sure too why it was only half subtitled but the good thing is that JH’s part was in front!

which episode of family outing was this, do you recall? I’ve not seen him in family outing yet, I wanna catch up on it. The Happy Together episode with the gaekju cast I’ve seen, that was a very fun and hilarious episode even with the rest of the cast!

Oh you should look for the old stuff! I’ll try to see if I find it. He was twice on Family Outing, the second time was the best and he was with with his Dragon brothers, Cha Tae Hyun and KJK. I love it when they were trying to wake him

up in the morning and he just couldn’t. He loos so adorable swaying his head from

side to side trying to wake up. But the first time there was a hilarious incident where he got kind of mad lolol, it was epic. My friend Gumi says that her dad used to tell the “bad joke” that JH told in the show (which led to him getting mad when people didn’t laugh) and that there’s people who don’t really know JHs dramas (since not everyone watches dramas) but everyone knows this moment :D 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I didn’t know he has done a lot of “and Jang Hyuk” credits. I think he is trying to emphasize here that he’s not always done just main roles because people seem to be very surprised he is willing to take on supporting roles. Glad to hear that he doesn’t hold on to the notion of being a lead too tightly (I say glad because one day he won’t, and for a lot of actors that can be a damaging hit to their ego but he seems to not be bothered too much by it as long as he is interested in the character) but still... lead roles only please for now, Hyukie, for your fans hahahahaha! :lol:

I suppose he is referring to his supporting roles in movies, mostly? Maybe 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

He has shown a bit of a “short fuse” in Family Outing and Happy Together too, when he was teased, but then after getting a little mad, he kinda laughs it off, awwww. I think he is cute even when he gets mad (I guess I’m in love lolol) 

It's also cute how he repents or upset when he was with making pancakes.

• LOL 3

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The show is called HWASIN: CONTROLLER OF THE HEART. It was an odd show- I think their whole point was talking about rumors relating to their guests. The episode I'm talking about is episode 15. azureblue7 recently posted clips from another episode he appeared in, ep 25, but that episode I didn't find

Many thanks! I've watched it before in chinese website, no wonder it didn't ring a bell with me Controller of the Heart. Lol. This was around 2013, because is the Iris hairstyle.

My 2 cents worth on this programme/interview : either it is the subtitle or he really spoke those words, I don't know because I can't read korean. But if I based on the subtitles, he did give people the impression that he prefers to be working than going home. Even in all his interviews now, he mentions about how he feels more comfortable at work than at home.

For someone who isn't a fan of JH but just a reader of his interview articles, the first thing comes to mind is he doesn't have a happy marriage. That's why he's choosing work more than going home. He prefers to be outside in the field.

But for us fans who knows his inner thoughts as he had spoken, he wants to do more roles before age catches up with him and his range becomes narrower. However, because he hardly speaks about his personal life (except for DB which he spoke alot), he does give people the impression that he doesn't like to be home.

Going into the Hwasin interview again, when he said that "I love home" "I love my family" one can see he does feel offended. It isn't the 1st time he's been teased or rumoured about a divorce. In TVN taxi programme 2012, the fat lady host who teased him about his wife not being fat, she also asked him about rumour surrounding him of his divorce. He addressed the issue by saying (in chinese subtitle), 没有离婚,我们过的很好,不会离婚的。In short, no divorce, we're well together, won't divorce.

This interview should be around 2013 (I based on the hairstyle) and now is 2019. He didn't have a daughter yet at that time. It seemed like he changed significantly after having his daughter. And obviously no divorce otherwise how to have a daughter? He gave up smoking for his daughter. He gave up instant coffee for his daughter. And probably he goes home more often ever since he got a daughter. (Kudos to Mrs Jung, she gave birth to her at age 41, that's a big risk).

I may be wrong but I kinda feel that when his boys were much younger, pre schoolers, he couldn't handle them. He said it before he had a difficult time parenting them when his wife weren't at home once. So him being at the field most of the time, might be his way of escaping from his fatherly duties (hahaha) as they were too handful for him. This is a very common problem with men who aren't hands on with their children from birth due to their work schedule. Literally you don't know their routine, you don't know what is their schedule, etc. But now, that boys are 12 and 11 korean age, is a new game altogether. Father and sons could do boys chat, boys activities together. He will start to enjoy fatherhood more now as compared to previously. As for little princess, ah, she's the baby in the house. He surely dotes on her crazy. Generally, he probably goes home more often now than before.

And I honestly hope he will go home more often, spend time with his boys, as they approach teenage. It's not true that as what he said, when children become teenagers, they treasure their friends more. To a certain degree yes, they prefer to hang out with their friends because of the common topics among them but if a teenager has a strong parent-child bonding, the relationship can be even closer than it was before as father-sons could speak maturely, so to speak, have decent 1-1 conversation like friends. I always believe that Mothers raised boys, Fathers raised men.

There's also another episode which I watched in chinese website, the one which @Biology Lessonmentioned, didn't have english subtitle, you try Taxi TV. In that episode, he spoke about conceiving before marriage (which seems like a taboo in SK). He spoke about he couldn't make it for his wife's 2nd delivery and he felt bad about it.

I'm glad he was very open in DB and how he spoke about his wife dearly as well as his children. It probably is the one and only we will hear him speak about his family because he was surrounded by people he's comfortable with. He should do more such variety.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

He has shown a bit of a “short fuse” in Family Outing and Happy Together too, when he was teased, but then after getting a little mad, he kinda laughs it off, awwww. I think he is cute even when he gets mad (I guess I’m in love lolol)

He also did show some discomfort when they teased him alot in DB. At the Thai restaurant when he said "enough already, I'm already a father of 3".

To me, no doubt is for entertainment, but we shouldn't overdo it. He's still a human. None of us like to be told of the "mistakes of our youth" on TV. A small fraction just for laughs is fine but not harping on it and I felt the other guys who teased had gone overboard. We can be the best of buddies but respect is a line we shouldn't cross the boundary. You don't like your "things" to be spilled to the public, than don't spill mine to the public too. 

Being the JH that we know, even though he's upset, he is quick to quell his temper. It is an outing that they had all waited 20 years for, probably no more such outing in the future, so is best to enjoy it for as long as it lasted. It's not easy to get everyone together, even more difficult in the future as everyone (except KJK) have family, have children. This is like a dream came true for JH as he had said he wanted to do a 1 time project with his friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

which episode of family outing was this, do you recall? I’ve not seen him in family outing yet, I wanna catch up on it. The Happy Together episode with the gaekju cast I’ve seen, that was a very fun and hilarious episode even with the rest of the cast!

I preferred the old format of the show which was like more casual. The one which was posted in this forum before, they sprayed water on him. That format was more fun.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Oh you should look for the old stuff!

It's kinda difficult to find old stuff now. I used to watch all these in youku but these days when I searched for it again, the loading takes forever. Either that or the show is removed.

There was 1 interview I had wanted to share here but I couldn't find it anymore in youku. It was done right after FTLY. They interviewed him about how he felt about filming FTLY and the interviewer probably was discreet enough not to ask directly his relationship with his female co actress, but he addressed that in a very straight forward professional way. That should put all the crazy fangirling shippers shipping to rest.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, budgerie said:

He also did show some discomfort when they teased him alot in DB. At the Thai restaurant when he said "enough already, I'm already a father of 3".

To me, no doubt is for entertainment, but we shouldn't overdo it. He's still a human. None of us like to be told of the "mistakes of our youth" on TV. A small fraction just for laughs is fine but not harping on it and I felt the other guys who teased had gone overboard. We can be the best of buddies but respect is a line we shouldn't cross the boundary. You don't like your "things" to be spilled to the public, than don't spill mine to the public too. 

Being the JH that we know, even though he's upset, he is quick to quell his temper. It is an outing that they had all waited 20 years for, probably no more such outing in the future, so is best to enjoy it for as long as it lasted. It's not easy to get everyone together, even more difficult in the future as everyone (except KJK) have family, have children. This is like a dream came true for JH as he had said he wanted to do a 1 time project with his friends.

I remember in Wok of Love vlive he did say he can't stand people with no common sense.  Like you should know how to act and which lines not to cross-basic manner ordeal.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I remember in Wok of Love vlive he did say he can't stand people with no common sense.  Like you should know how to act and which lines not to cross-basic manner ordeal.

I think I remembered watching this. Is it the 3 of them in a room and answering questions while eating? I agree, basic manners must be observed but unfortunately, sometimes the ones who crossed that boundary are the people closest to us. Familiarity breeds contempt. Out of the 5 dragon bros, I think I like HKI next (JH is #1, HKI #2). He hardly teased JH. He's more on the quiet side and respectful of JH actually.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I think I remembered watching this. Is it the 3 of them in a room and answering questions while eating? I agree, basic manners must be observed but unfortunately, sometimes the ones who crossed that boundary are the people closest to us. Familiarity breeds contempt. Out of the 5 dragon bros, I think I like HKI next (JH is #1, HKI #2). He hardly teased JH. He's more on the quiet side and respectful of JH actually.

Yes, that's the one.  Although, sometime it's hard to tell in variety especially korean variety.  Like in running man some people think they're too rough, but they all love each other.  Kwang Soo is suppose to be the worse but behind the scenes everyone say he's very polite and reserve.  I feel like if they feel like they went overboard, then would apologize in bts.  I remember early episode of running man with JH.  The one where he was doing modeling jeans etc.  I really feel KJK was trying to make him feel better about jeans and was even cheering for JH even though he was on other team.  Maybe he felt he can handle more now because he's done a lot more variety since.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Going into the Hwasin interview again, when he said that "I love home" "I love my family" one can see he does feel offended.

Yes I saw that. When his section ended, he felt that there was no clear conclusion and people may still misunderstand him and believe the rumors. He made it a point to make the statement “I really love my home” so that it was plain and clear and no one could twist his words. 

I agree with you that the way he talks about his love for his work can very very easily make people misunderstand him that he doesn’t enjoy spending time at home. Even when reading that article, if I had no context of JH I would think that he is a workaholic and that he should actually spend more time with his family. But we know what we read and even what we hear from him is not depicted correctly. Actually I think it would be beneficial for him to phrase things abit differently sometimes haha. But actually the misunderstandings are largely also exacerbated by the fact that he doesn’t talk much about his wife and kids, because he is absolutely protective and private about them. And hence people misunderstand. If he had talked about them equally as much as his work, then I think people wouldn’t, but then we know how principled he is and he doesn’t let these rumors get to him, so as long as he has a blissful family life, he owes no explanation to anyone. 

I was also trying to put myself in the wife’s shoes. If I had a husband who’s constantly out on the field working and I hardly get to see him or spend much time with him, and then when he has no work he still goes to office, will I be frustrated? Maybeeee. But then he’s sooooo handsome (HAHA), he’s utterly loyal, he keeps his distance and doesn’t get into rumors with other actresses, he keeps his word and is very dependable, he is loving and doting to the family, he loves and protects the family at all costs and doesn’t let anyone sway him, he has such strong life principles, so even if he works a lot, I won’t have a problem :tounge_xd: in fact, I’ll be super happy for him that he has such good work ethics and that he has his passion as a career, not someone who dreads going to work. So yea if only there’s another JH equivalent out there hahahaha...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Yes, that's the one.  Although, sometime it's hard to tell in variety especially korean variety.  Like in running man some people think they're too rough, but they all love each other.  Kwang Soo is suppose to be the worse but behind the scenes everyone say he's very polite and reserve.  I feel like if they feel like they went overboard, then would apologize in bts.  I remember early episode of running man with JH.  The one where he was doing modeling jeans etc.  I really feel KJK was trying to make him feel better about jeans and was even cheering for JH even though he was on other team.  Maybe he felt he can handle more now because he's done a lot more variety since.

For me, rough in playing (to win the game) is still acceptable. But words, once come out from the mouth, cannot be repaired in some cases. Of course am sure the dragon bros love each other. That's no doubt.

We all noticed that JH is very careful with his words. He doesn't speak carelessly about another celebrity.

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes I saw that. When his section ended, he felt that there was no clear conclusion and people may still misunderstand him and believe the rumors. He made it a point to make the statement “I really love my home” so that it was plain and clear and no one could twist his words. 

Thankfully he did that. Not sure if it repaired any misconception from the others but at least the words came out from his mouth that he loves his home, he loves his family. 

I agree with you that the way he talks about his love for his work can very very easily make people misunderstand him that he doesn’t enjoy spending time at home. Even when reading that article, if I had no context of JH I would think that he is a workaholic and that he should actually spend more time with his family. But we know what we read and even what we hear from him is not depicted correctly. Actually I think it would be beneficial for him to phrase things abit differently sometimes haha. But actually the misunderstandings are largely also exacerbated by the fact that he doesn’t talk much about his wife and kids, because he is absolutely protective and private about them. And hence people misunderstand. If he had talked about them equally as much as his work, then I think people wouldn’t, but then we know how principled he is and he doesn’t let these rumors get to him, so as long as he has a blissful family life, he owes no explanation to anyone. 

He is a man of few words when it comes to his private life. For instance, in TVN Taxi 2017, he said his wife doesn't watch his drama, full stop. It was after some probing, he revealed she's too tired caring for 2 boys. If he wasn't probed, he probably wouldn't say it was because wife was tired looking after 2 boys.

So for the audience, our 1st thought is what kind of a wife she is that she doesn't watch his drama? This alone is enough to make people think that the husband/wife relationship is on a sour note. I've even read netizens comments that wife is going to die of jealousy seeing him kiss another woman or be intimate with another woman.

Really, I can only shake my head reading this. If she takes him kissing and intimacy with another woman to heart, she would not have been his girlfriend in the 1st place because he was already an actor when they dated. She would have known his job scope and considered carefully before jumping into the courtship wagon with him. In their courtship days, he already had kissed many actresses and be intimate with many too.

So yes, I think is because he hardly want to speak about his private life which caused people to wonder, to speculate, to misunderstand and to think he is divorced. As for the rephrasing of the sentence, it could really be the subtitles. :D

That's why it was nice to watch DB. He spoke alot about his family and gave his insights also. 

I was also trying to put myself in the wife’s shoes. If I had a husband who’s constantly out on the field working and I hardly get to see him or spend much time with him, and then when he has no work he still goes to office, will I be frustrated? Maybeeee. But then he’s sooooo handsome (HAHA), he’s utterly loyal, he keeps his distance and doesn’t get into rumors with other actresses, he keeps his word and is very dependable, he is loving and doting to the family, he loves and protects the family at all costs and doesn’t let anyone sway him, he has such strong life principles, so even if he works a lot, I won’t have a problem :tounge_xd: in fact, I’ll be super happy for him that he has such good work ethics and that he has his passion as a career, not someone who dreads going to work. So yea if only there’s another JH equivalent out there hahahaha...

The more I know about him, the more I respect and admired his wife. As a wife/mother myself, I know how difficult it is for her to be the sole caregiver of the children. Sometimes I even feel sorry for her. For all her sacrifices, no one even knew how JH wife looks like except in those blurr wedding photos.

The fact that she chose to stay when he had the scandal showed how much she loves him. It isn't easy as the uncertainties ahead were too overwhelming. Plus he didn't make it any easier for her, he left the choice of "to stay" or "to leave" to her. If she stayed, let's get married. If she left, he wouldn't blame her. Of course it wasn't easy for him too. He wanted so much for her to stay but he felt he couldn't ask her too because of the uncertainties ahead. So he left the choice to her. Those times weren't only the most difficult times for him but for her as well.  

But good thing she did. Her loyalty taught him what is "true love" and what is "loyalty in a relationship". Hence, today he is loyal to his family, he keeps his distance with other women, keeping his words to his wife on doing recycle, dependable (he said he wants to be the man his wife can depend on), and loving and doting on his family. It has been said that in the industry, JH is known for doting on his wife. So yea, if there is another JH equivalent, I hope you will stretch out your hands and grab him quickly. Hahaha! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, budgerie said:

He is a man of few words when it comes to his private life. For instance, in TVN Taxi 2017, he said his wife doesn't watch his drama, full stop. It was after some probing, he revealed she's too tired caring for 2 boys. If he wasn't probed, he probably wouldn't say it was because wife was tired looking after 2 boys.

So for the audience, our 1st thought is what kind of a wife she is that she doesn't watch his drama? This alone is enough to make people think that the husband/wife relationship is on a sour note. I've even read netizens comments that wife is going to die of jealousy seeing him kiss another woman or be intimate with another woman.

tbh it is still not clear whether she will watch his drama when she has time (after taking care of kids or the days when she's not tired) or never watches at all. I used to be curious about this and since I never get an answer so I gave up. Also the shows like this often have very bad editing. I notice they cut out some words and the hosts often interfered when he's talking. Like his words can never be expressed smoothly enough. And this can lead to misunderstandings. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Can we get a pulse check in this forum on how we feel about his hair/look :D:sweatingbullets:

At least it is not the long straight flat look! I think it's not bad haha. 

Btw can you guys comment in the drama thread? :( I think I am going to get scolded by the mods soon if I keep posting there by myself.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

16 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

At least it is not the long straight flat look! I think it's not bad haha. 

Btw can you guys comment in the drama thread? :( I think I am going to get scolded by the mods soon if I keep posting there by myself.

I dunno how I feel haha. It’s... abit curly? Still looks ahjumma to me hahahahaha but I have accepted the fact that JH doesn’t want to give me a Prince Charming hairstyle. The only closest one was Pil Joo. Hahahha. I think he just wants to look as close to his character as possible, so if he is eccentric then his hairstyle will also be eccentric :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for reminding us LOL! Ok will comment in the thread. I’m just thinking what kind of things I will comment there cos I don’t want it to end up being a JH admiration thread and then that’d be weird too! But yes I think I can cook up some discussion topics about all the cast and the show in general. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1