28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This would blow my mind, but I’ve always “felt” BW is a bit “unhinged” so it could totally work. It’s those tiny moments when he practically curses and mocks his father (especially lately, with tears in his eyes and a half smirk, I’m like is this the pain and sadness his father still cause him or is he kookoo? His gestures become such a perfect combination of pain and anger and hate, it’s chilling)  I’m going to cry a little if this is the twist, but it would be so interesting. “The guilt is unbearable”, “regret is for the weak”...all of these phrases come to mind and wow

Don't know if I'd call him kookoo :) It's was just a very bloody time, and killing so many people at the service of someone you trusted and loved who later betrayed you, must leave a mark on a person. It's clear that BW was a very loyal and loving son, to both his dad and mother. This is what actual historical accounts show. And it's also clear he did some horrible stuff for his dad, so the killing of his mentor for his dad wouldn't be out of the ordinary. And then his dad betrayed him, so his regret for everything he did might be ten fold now, but also will make him less trusting of everyone. In which case he might become even more ruthless. 

This, again, makes me wish MC focused on BW instead of on the useless three... JH's take on him is fascinating, and I'm sure that if he was allowed to show the actual evolution of BW, instead of giving us the random BW scenes that we got, this show could have been magnificent. Instead, it was like we got glimpses of a much better show whenever JH was on in a rather average show.

Also, did you notice that JH said that BW was known as the " monarch of desire and Blood"? Where the hell was the desire in this show?! Now, I don't expect scenes like in Empire of lust, but maybe show BW with a woman once in a while?!

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson My “unhinged” feeling is only a feeling, but I don’t mean it because of his “actions”, its because of some tiny expressions he makes at times. If I can find the exact moment I refer to I’ll post it.  But thats just me seeing things. I agree with everything you’ve said so far. About desire, its probably a mistranslation of greed or ambition? The desire is what I feel whenever he flicks that fan :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

:) Not me... It's just that the show left so many things unclear about BW in the beginning, that anything could be said about him

I'm also afraid that king might sabotage Bang Won by telling Hwi that it was BW who killed Hwi's father. Aiya, we could be director ourselves already with so many speculations and possibilities to the plot. 

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

This would blow my mind, but I’ve always “felt” BW is a bit “unhinged” so it could totally work. It’s those tiny moments when he practically curses and mocks his father (especially lately, with tears in his eyes and a half smirk, I’m like is this the pain and sadness his father still cause him or is he kookoo? His gestures become such a perfect combination of pain and anger and hate, it’s chilling)  I’m going to cry a little if this is the twist, but it would be so interesting. “The guilt is unbearable”, “regret is for the weak”...all of these phrases come to mind and wow

I feel Bang Won felt deeply betrayed by his father. It could be in those years, his father might have given BW a "false" hope. Like if you help me win the battles....I will recognise your efforts and it could be that BW might have mistakenly thought he was going to be crowned the CP. He was very loyal to his father until then. When all the battles were fought and when he found out that he not only didn't be crowned the CP, he was also being used by his father for his father's glory sake. Thus the deep resentment towards his father.

59 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

This, again, makes me wish MC focused on BW instead of on the useless three... JH's take on him is fascinating, and I'm sure that if he was allowed to show the actual evolution of BW, instead of giving us the random BW scenes that we got, this show could have been magnificent. Instead, it was like we got glimpses of a much better show whenever JH was on in a rather average show.

Also, did you notice that JH said that BW was known as the " monarch of desire and Blood"? Where the hell was the desire in this show?! Now, I don't expect scenes like in Empire of lust, but maybe show BW with a woman once in a while?!

Lol...you still didn't get over the 3 of them ya...!! But me too wished that this story is about Bang Won. It would have been more interesting I supposed. I really did find the love between Hwi and HJ so awkward. HJ role seems redundant to me. Not anything significant, what does Illwaru do? 

Bang Won seemed more like a eunuch here to me. Didn't see him desire any woman (unlike the real Bang Won). I really thought initially that we were going to see Bang Won and HJ develop some feelings to each other. I seem to find BW and HJ looked more suited than HJ and Hwi. But perhaps the desire that JH mentioned is his desire for kingship, not women. Talking about BW in EOL, I actually like him there too. Blame it on the plot and everything else but I enjoyed his portrayal there. 

Will get to see episode 15 tomorrow morning (hopefully). Please all the subtitles (english and chinese) please come out. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh, you understand korean language

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Thank youuuuuu for telling us a bit about the preview. I would love to know more! (But, in case you actually can translate some more, maybe  hide it as a “spoiler” because I know some of our friends prefer to avoid even the previews :sweatingbullets:

I also wished I knew more Korean language but it’s limited to beginners and basic vocabulary. I’m learning but it’s taking a long time so I can’t translate more LOL. 

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm... but what if the king reveals that who killed Hwi's father was actually BW? It could be a lie from the king to turn Hwi against BW or the truth, which might explain the special treatment that BW gave him being out of guilt. That might give Hwi enough reason to turn against him...And maybe be the twist JH spoke about

This could be possible too but NOOOOOOO I hope not. He saw Seo Geom as his father figure and mentor, why would he kill him just nonono! And his conversation with Nam Jeon previously implied that NJ had a hand in SG’s death, so let’s hope that was it. But you guys are right in the sense that until today, SG’s death is still a mystery, so... who knows?

if indeed BW killed SG, then it probably pained his heart to do so but SG’s death was long before his tumultuous relationship with the King right? So hopefully not. 

Maybe the twist isn’t even a huge twist at all, maybe it’s just Sun Ho and Hwi surviving and mending their rship, or maybe Hwi took the bullet (in this case arrow/sword) for Sun Ho and died in his place when someone wanted to kill Sun Ho. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I also wished I knew more Korean language but it’s limited to beginners and basic vocabulary. I’m learning but it’s taking a long time so I can’t translate more LOL. 

IKR. It's taking too long. I've got all the alphabets mixed up! I'm stucked at the vocab because I cannot remember. :sleepy:

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

This could be possible too but NOOOOOOO I hope not. He saw Seo Geom as his father figure and mentor, why would he kill him just nonono! And his conversation with Nam Jeon previously implied that NJ had a hand in SG’s death, so let’s hope that was it. But you guys are right in the sense that until today, SG’s death is still a mystery, so... who knows?

Actually we know Bang Won killed under his father's instructions but we've not seen him kill. It was told to us. Only saw him slashed NJ that's all. Could this be the "twist" that it was not shown to us who Bang Won killed so the actual killer may not be Bang Won?

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Maybe the twist isn’t even a huge twist at all, maybe it’s just Sun Ho and Hwi surviving and mending their rship, or maybe Hwi took the bullet (in this case arrow/sword) for Sun Ho and died in his place when someone wanted to kill Sun Ho. 

Or maybe the twist is just the 2 men reconcile instead of being enemies! LOL. We shall see. 

• Like 1

So, am finally watching ep. 13 (yeah, I know, I'm a bit late... ) and I noticed how prominently JH was displaying the fan that was gifted to him by his artist friend in the scene in which he had Hwi's friend burn his slave papers. Even while he was walking away that fan was in full display! :)He's such a nice guy! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:
  Hide contents

Oops I thinkkkkk one of our predictions of the twist is correct... :blink::unsure::tears: LOL sokay at least we know it’s fiction, don’t have to get overly caught up. 

Spoiler above: read some comments on Naver. 

*sigh. predict it from the beginning. coz history already told how BW is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, budgerie said:

What is happening again? Dramacool hasn't got episode 15. So I watched chinese website but no subtitle! Watched without knowing what they're saying.

I'm so done with the 2 boys. I hope netizens blast the writer.   

From spoilers I saw it sounds like it was a Seonho - Hwi teenage angst fest (boring) 

Netflix will stream eps 15 and 16 on the 26th and 27th 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

From spoilers I saw it sounds like it was a Seonho - Hwi teenage angst fest (boring) 

Netflix will stream eps 15 and 16 on the 26th and 27th 

Thanks! 

Maybe I checked too early. Dramacool has episode 15 now but without english subtitle. I'm watching chinese now (got subtitle).  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Spoilers will be so appreciated! But hide them especially for our prettysup lolol

But how do I hide them the spoilers? Don't know how to do ah...scratch head. Now you know how bad I am at such stuff. :expressionless:u tell me what to press? 

Sigh! Finished watching. When can I rant about this episode? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

But how do I hide them the spoilers? Don't know how to do ah...scratch head. Now you know how bad I am at such stuff. :expressionless:u tell me what to press? 

Theres an eye button on the top right of the box when you are typing your comment. Click on that. 

21 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thanks! 

Maybe I checked too early. Dramacool has episode 15 now but without english subtitle. I'm watching chinese now (got subtitle).  

Juji tv website? 

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Shut up guyssss I’m so scared of “the twist” I’m shaking! Literally! Bangwooooonnnnn! Lol 

All the spoilers I see are from Seonho-Hwi fans! Im going crazy here! Where are Bangwon fans? 

Lol quick watch it without subs!! Do you want spoilers from us or you want to wait for Netflix? All your Bang Won fans are here in this forum lol :lol:

• Like 4

I've watched ep 15 with Chinese subs..

Haha actually you guys do not have to hide spoilers here as long you discuss stuffs after they have been aired on Korean TV, but since the English subs are coming out so late again, I shall put a big spoiler alert tag here just in case.

‘My Country’ ep 15 Knetz comments (SPOILER ALERT)

1.    Hwi, Seon-ho, I love you more than Hee-jae. Please live comfortably. (+215 -20)
2.    The cruelty of the lonely Lee Bang-won. Jang Hyuk’s eyes and words are just Lee Bang-won himself (+163 -4)
3.    It’s sad Lee Bang-won has to play the villain because of Lee Seong-gye. Jang Hyuk’s acting is so convincing. (+150 -5)
4.    Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan) is more diehard than John McLean (Bruce Willis), and I think that line “It’s hard to die” is an ad-lib of the actor laughing at himself. (+105 -7)
5.    I'm so sorry that tomorrow is the last episode (+71 -6)
6.    Thank you for doing this for Jang Hyuk! (+39 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500595

1.    The loneliness of Lee Bang-won who has to survive in the game of the fittest, is convinced by Jang Hyuk's performance. (+193 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk Lee Bang-won .. Thank you for doing this ᅲᅲᅲᅲ(+119 -4)
3.    Hwi, it’s so sad you have to take care of others and not yourself, you are too nice (+82 -4)
4.    Actor Yang Se-jong is so cool. I'm always moved by the acting. (+89 -14)
5.    Actor Se-jong fighting! (+56 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000207444

1.    I've been preparing a long time towards the finishing line. I wonder why Bang-won and Seo Hwi’s relationship turned out this way, but I believe the misunderstanding will clear up in the last episode. (+51 -1)
2.    The director, the sound and the actors were perfect, but it’s a drama ruined by the writer, I shall not believe any more dramas by this writer. (+38 -5)
3.    Yang Se-jong is so cool. He has such a good relationship with Bang-won, but it's not going to go wrong, is it? (+30 -8)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003238797

1.    Applause for Jang Hyuk's acting power, which showed a Lee Bang-won like a reincarnation.. I'm sorry for the writer, but I hope you'll finish well. (+46 -1)
2.    Strictly speaking, it was Lee Seong gye.. Bang-won was covered in blood for him (+43 -1)
3.    Hwi has a good relationship with Bang-won, but where is the twist today? I watch Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul with admiration in each episode. (+34 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000778776

1.    I started to watch this drama because of Yang Se-jong and Woo Do-hwan, but I got mesmerized by Jang Hyuk, Jang Hyuk really chewed it up.(+198 -6)
2.    Jang Hyuk ssi, you are so cool lying back or riding on the horse. Whether it's an action scene or an acting with eyes, you’re so handsome everytime.♡ (+104 -0)
3.    By Jang Hyuk, for Jang Hyuk, is Jang Hyuk! Jang Hyuk is chewing everything. (+72 -3)
4.    t's a 16-part historical drama, so it's over today. Jang Hyuk, please do another saguek. Thank you everyone for all your hard work. We're going to do our last broadcast today. Hwi and Seon-ho, I think one of them is going to die (+60 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003500615

201911230755328247570_20191123075621_01_

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2