43 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Do you think he will use this image for the eccentric profiler?:lol:

NOoooooooo

30 minutes ago, budgerie said:

So curious to know what he is saying. 

Google translated:

Jang Hyuk, who didn't make it to the stage at the last production presentation, played Lee Bang-won in "My Country," leading the heated response by portraying Jang Hyuk, not anyone.

Jang Hyuk said, "The juniors are very good friends. It's hard for him to prepare and perform, but it's hard to listen to it. He listens, makes choices, chooses rational parts, and acts. I have the pleasure of meeting actors who have good overall and doing good gods," he said, expressing his affection for the younger players.

On his impressions of playing Lee Bang-won again in "My Country" after "The Age of Innocence," Jang said, "I felt regretful about the part that I could express within two hours in the movie. I thought I'd like to do it again someday, and looking at the script here, I thought the width of Lee Bang-won's movement in the story covered here is more diverse ," he said.

"There were a lot of aspects in history about Lee Bang-won and the person walking forward for Lee Bang-won's ambition, but I thought the first half and the second half would be different. The actual record is written by the person who remains, so I think it would be interesting to have this kind of story at that point."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I thought the first half and the second half would be different. The actual record is written by the person who remains, so I think it would be interesting to have this kind of story at that point."

As of tonight, ep 9, is the 2nd half of the drama already right? So I hope we will get to see a more "active" Bang Won who will show the head of a fox and a body of a tiger. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

As of tonight, ep 9, is the 2nd half of the drama already right? So I hope we will get to see a more "active" Bang Won who will show the head of a fox and a body of a tiger. 

Yes today is the start of the second half, so they had this press conference. And we will get the see the First Strife of the Princes soon, the one we saw in ep 1. And since the director has confirmed there is also going to be the Second Strife in this drama, we will get to see how YBW becomes the king. So be it tiger or fox (since it is dramaland anyway), I am happy as long as I get to see a lot of YBW on screen haha...

Some more stuff he said in press conference today:

In particular, Jang Hyuk mentioned Han Suk-kyu about the character. Jang said, "I asked Han Suk-kyu Isn't the role of Sejong burdensome? "Everyone already knew him and had a fixed idea," He replied, "From the moment I put on the costume, I learned that the role was played, and how the person moved depends on what the actor did."

"We watch so many dramas, but we can see different interpretations in that respect," Jang said. I feel burdened but comfortable that if I take any fictional story here, it will be delivered well," he said.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201911011404152510

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

".   

@azureblue7Remember some time ago we talked that if each of us should ever visit SK, we must visit the gymn he goes to...now we have to visit his building too.:blush:

I want to visit the place where it is

most likely to spot him! Haha!

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

NOoooooooo

:joy: It's that scary?  How about the Lee Gun's hair that you dislike?

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Nice

Looks like we won't get to see what we want to see tonight since he is not wounded.. so no dressing of wound..:lol:

I watched 6 flying dragons when it first aired and I loved it very much.Not because of the Lee Bang Won character but because of the storyline and interesting characters like Sambong, Moo Hyul and Lee Bang Ji. Love the BGM and how they introduced each character. I love it so much so that I watch deep rooted tree because of that. Haha! Didnt know Jang Hyuk at that time.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

There's a lot of bad hair at that press conference. I like JH with longer hair but it's too flat. Are they still filming? Long hair doesn't suit the younger guys at all.

I'm cool with JH doing more supporting, roles, depending on the genre. Not rom-coms but sageuks, some thrillers, black comedy, humanastic type of dramas tend to have interesting supporting characters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yes today is the start of the second half, so they had this press conference. And we will get the see the First Strife of the Princes soon, the one we saw in ep 1. And since the director has confirmed there is also going to be the Second Strife in this drama, we will get to see how YBW becomes the king. So be it tiger or fox (since it is dramaland anyway), I am happy as long as I get to see a lot of YBW on screen haha...

Some more stuff he said in press conference today:

In particular, Jang Hyuk mentioned Han Suk-kyu about the character. Jang said, "I asked Han Suk-kyu Isn't the role of Sejong burdensome? "Everyone already knew him and had a fixed idea," He replied, "From the moment I put on the costume, I learned that the role was played, and how the person moved depends on what the actor did."

"We watch so many dramas, but we can see different interpretations in that respect," Jang said. I feel burdened but comfortable that if I take any fictional story here, it will be delivered well," he said.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201911011404152510

I hope we will get to see the Press Conf in full. Actually I feel 16 eps is too short for a saeguk. Barely could cover the story properly.

People said SFD story (historical aspect) is good. With 50 eps, the team got time to bring out each character. I feel MC should at least have 30 eps. That way, Bang Won also has time to build his character. I hope the remaining 8 eps we will see lots of Bang Won from 1st strife to 2nd strife to King. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I want to visit the place where it is

most likely to spot him! Haha!

Than I think you gotta camp outside the gymn. Sure will spot him. :D

Guess SBS is catching on his Bang Won craze.

Ya I'm also wondering why suddenly WOL? 

13 minutes ago, qynn said:

There's a lot of bad hair at that press conference. I like JH with longer hair but it's too flat. 

Can we sack his hairstylist? :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Looks like we won't get to see what we want to see tonight since he is not wounded.. so no dressing of wound..:lol:

Not in episode 9? I hope the drama will "pick up" like more excited. So far it has been rather mild tempo. Except for that episode when he was escaping with the stepmother, I thought it was going to be exciting. :grimace:

• Like 1

:joy: It's that scary?  How about the Lee Gun's hair that you dislike?

That Snape hair? This one is close enough

34 minutes ago, qynn said:

There's a lot of bad hair at that press conference. I like JH with longer hair but it's too flat. Are they still filming? Long hair doesn't suit the younger guys at all.

Yap they are still filming, I think all of them can't wait to snip off those hair haha

21 minutes ago, budgerie said:

People said SFD story (historical aspect) is good. With 50 eps, the team got time to bring out each character. I feel MC should at least have 30 eps. That way, Bang Won also has time to build his character. I hope the remaining 8 eps we will see lots of Bang Won from 1st strife to 2nd strife to King. 

Actually another reason why I was put off from watching SFD (before I knew the actor) was its length, when i saw 50 eps, I gave up.

• LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

That Snape hair? This one is close enough

Yap they are still filming, I think all of them can't wait to snip off those hair haha

Actually another reason why I was put off from watching SFD (before I knew the actor) was its length, when i saw 50 eps, I gave up.

Actually I am wondering, is it intentional or is it JH really got a bad hairstylist? In most of his modern drama, his hair is disappointment :sleepy:

Imagine we fans who don't see him face to face already cannot stand his hair. What more his wife having to wake up to such a hairstyle (hahaha). :sweat_smile:

If JH is the actor, 50 eps also no problem for me. Why didn't they ask him to do that drama in 2016? It would have been great! Oh maybe it clashed with BM...?? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Tonight’s episode was good! I felt that everyone had a fair share of screen time and it was faster moving with more critical scenes. 

Since everyone’s talking about SFD, I actually think the main lead is a pretty great actor. He is quite controversial but acting wise, I’ve seen a few of his shows and he is actually one of the most talented actors of his generation. I didn’t really watch SFD too cos I was put off by the episode count haha. Typically not a fan of sageuks but watching this for JH only. 

So happy they did a press conference today! It’s quite unexpected right? I don’t usually notice dramas doing press conference twice at all??? And it’s cool to hear how all the juniors looked up to him. Se Jong’s story abt acting with JH was cute haha. He clearly has a lot of affection for younger actors too. Sometimes big name actors may be hesitant to be casted with younger or idol actors but JH totally doesn’t, and in fact supports them and let’s them shine. Just like how he did in Money Flower. The director said that he would make sure he didn’t overshadow Bu Cheon when it was Bu Cheon’s turn to shine. I have a feeling he enjoys mentoring on top of acting, and hence the roles he takes on are quite different from the usual big name productions. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Sometimes big name actors may be hesitant to be casted with younger or idol actors but JH totally doesn’t, and in fact supports them and let’s them shine. 

This is what makes JH different from other sunbaenims. He is supportive of his hoobae. As he said in an interview before, when he was a newbie, a senior actor was very harsh in attitude with him and he didn't like it. Hence he said, one day when he becomes a senior, he mustn't treat his junior this way.  

• Like 2

‘My Country’ ep 9 Knetz comments:

1.    I can't believe Kite died in vain after struggling so hard to be alive (+153 -3)

2.    All the leading and supporting actors are so good… If you want to find a loophole, it’ll be that bodyguard of Ihwaru? He only holds a sword, yet he's not talking, he's not fighting. (+86 -7)

3.    Jang Hyuk. He's crazy. He's cool. (+82 -7)

4.    Hurry up tomorrow andᅲᅲᅲᅲ Woo Do Hwan is so cool.... ᅲᅲᅲᅲ (+59 -7)

5.    Jang Hyuk is really good at acting! (+40 -4)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0002820894

1.    Woo Do Hwan is so great today! When he cried when asking if he was still alive, my face was crumpling. (+219 -11)

2.    Jang Hyuk’s acting without lines was so good (+151 -4)

3.    Shouldn't Jang Hyuk be in the main poster? Jang Hyuk, Ahn Nae-sang, Kim Young-chul are the main characters, and the rest seems to be supporting roles. (+111 -20)

4.    Seolhyun, what's wrong with her bodyguard? Yeon ㅜㅜ(+89 -5)

5.    Jang Hyuk's acting is so good, Lee Bang-won is so charming. I hope the tempo can be increased a bit (+71 -4)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000197054

201911020844508010_1_20191102084702633.j

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2