4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Do you guys know this YouTube channel? The Swoon? Seems like it's associated with Netflix, reporting on their Korean shows. They have posted My country clips, including an interview with the leads where they commented on clips from the show, and I noticed not a single clip contains JH. 

Yes..I have seen the clips. That was for the 1st 2 eps where LBW did not really have many scenes.   But judging from the recent buzz about LBW, I'm sure JTBC will soon release more interviews with him! Let's be hopeful!:glasses:

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

New stills for tonight, so suitable for Halloween yesterday lol

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201911010803391910

So these images say he wasn't wounded?! or is he running around wounded? The blood on his clothes is a little lower considering where he was hit...

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes..I have seen the clips. That was for the 1st 2 eps where LBW did not really have many scenes.   But judging from the recent buzz about LBW, I'm sure JTBC will soon release more interviews with him! Let's be hopeful!:glasses:

the clip that was uploaded yesterday was from ep 7 i think... but I will hold on to hope that the production will wake up... This show is so frustrating! I hope JH will never again take a supporting role...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So these images say he wasn't wounded?! or is he running around wounded? The blood on his clothes is a little lower considering where he was hit...

the clip that was uploaded yesterday was from ep 7 i think... but I will hold on to hope that the production will wake up... This show is so frustrating! I hope JH will never again take a supporting role...

You will get your answers tonight.

And I think JH will continue to take on supporting roles in future, so you got to start managing your expectations if you wish to continue to be his fan haha.. He has said that it is his wish to continuously work in this line for a long period of time, and you cannot expect to be a lead forever especially after you reach a certain age. I applaud his decision to take on supporting roles in order to pursue his passion, not many people are willing to do this.

And even if Netflix / Swoon is not promoting him much on the international channel, u can see that JTBC is promoting him quite a lot at Korea side. He is in most of the stills and BTS released nowadays, and I counted the number of HD pics they released after each episode for the last 2 weeks, JH's pics actually have a higher count than the other 3 leads. :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes, if it hurts during coldness then it’s rheumatism. Poor JH. My heart hurts too :tears:

For his sake, I really hope he reduces action scenes in the future that may result in him injuring himself more. It’s good that his role in the new OCN drama is moving away from an action character. I don’t mind him playing a handsome strategist or handsome chaebol or handsome lawyer or handsome artistic person etc etc. :P

@azureblue7@The Reel LifeI think it is because of those old injuries that hasn't healed properly acting up when the weather is colder. Not exactly pain but is more 酸痛  (soreness). Arthrities or rhumatism (although I don't know what is the difference) could be caused by cold weather or by overdoing certain activities and I think, in his case, he over exercised. Apparently a person can have arthrities or rhumatism as early as in the 30s or 40s. :blink:

Me too hope that he will not do too many roles that requires physical action scenes. It is true that he is still very agile for his age but it is not good if he is with lots of "not properly healed" injuries. It will cause him more problems and aches in older age.  

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I noticed not a single clip contains JH. Still. I mean, they just posted a clip, and no JH. Not even in a clip with the leads... Yes, I know JH is doing a supporting character, but considering the public reaction to his character, they should start using him in the promotion, no? I mean, I'm constantly seeing tweets of people saying they are just watching the show for JH, and the show runners don't think he can be used to promote the show?! such idiocy! So, the reality right now is that we will not see a single interview with JH about My Country?! 

I said this in my earlier post - the minute JH was not at the Press Conf, I already feel they only just want to promote the leads and full stop. JH won't auto dismiss himself from work (Press Conf included) if he is needed there. He isn't such a irresponsible person. If he can be there to boost morale and gain support for the drama and for his hoobae (his juniors), why would he not be there? Isn't it obvious he is not needed? But like what @azureblue7said, let's be hopeful. With all the buzz going on about YBW, hopefully we can get to see 1 interview of Bang Won. 

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Definitely he is wounded but not wounded at the deadly organs...not his heart. I thought I saw the preview he was wounded at the heart area but this bloodstain looked like at the centre. Bang Won is used to being injured. He won't die easily before ascending the throne. Bang Won died at age 55 so still some good many years to go. :sweat_smile:

(Ok, I side track a little - I thought I should learn some korean so that I can understand what he is saying in the case if without translation. It is so difficult for a start). The alphabets alone is killing :sleepy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

And I think JH will continue to take on supporting roles in future, so you got to start managing your expectations if you wish to continue to be his fan haha.. 

This I agree. JH himself is not concerned about whether it is lead or supporting. He is only concerned if he likes that character and wants to play that character. It is fans who are not willing to see him take the back seat in the car and let others be the driver. :rolleyes:

Did anyone watch 6 flying dragons? I didn't but I was curious about the hype about the drama and about Yi Bang Won there so I read a little. Bang Won there is 10 years younger than Bang Won here in real age.

• Like 1

And I think JH will continue to take on supporting roles in future, so you got to start managing your expectations if you wish to continue to be his fan haha.. He has said that it is his wish to continuously work in this line for a long period of time, and you cannot expect to be a lead forever especially after you reach a certain age. I applaud his decision to take on supporting roles in order to pursue his passion, not many people are willing to do this.

Even if I'm a fan of JH, that doesn't mean I'm a mindless follower. Generally speaking, I don't watch kdramas JH is not a lead of. Even though I'm a fan of his, I didn't watch WOL till the end cause I couldn't stand the lead actress, and his character's futile obsession with her was damn annoying. The same goes to My County- I tried to watch one complete episode, not just JH's parts, and I hated it! so I'm now back to watching only his parts. And that is the case for most of the people on this forum. But that is not the way to watch a show. It's clear to me, that had JH not been in the show, I wouldn't have watched it at all.

When JH is the lead, he brings a certain influence to the entire show, not just his role, that makes it worth watching. We've seen many costars who talk about how amazing JH is as the leader of a production, not just a lead. We know that as the leader he will change the script. will challenge the director when needed and take care of all the actors and crew members. And that is what I want to watch.

In the BTS of My Country, it's clear he is very careful not to take over. He's not behaving like he usually does in the shows he leads, as he's not very vocal in the scenes that don't center around him, probably out of respect to the leads, but for me, the show suffers due to that. So I guess, I won't be managing my expectations...

I hope you guys are wrong and he won't be taking more supporting roles, because those shows I will probably not watch completely, unless he is their director.

A short article about JH, now about the pictures that were recently released... 

https://www.hancinema.net/jang-hyuk-displays-manliness-with-open-shirt-135128.html

Jang Hyuk Displays Manliness With Open Shirt

Jang Hyuk portrayed manliness in a photo shoot.

Sidus HQ released pictures of Jang Hyuk on the 25th.

Jang Hyuk has his shirt unbuttoned and is laying on the sofa with a distant look in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Jang Hyuk is playing Lee Bang-won in the jTBC drama "My Country: The New Age".

"My Country: The New Age" is directed by Kim Jin-won-I, written by Chae Seung-dae, and features Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, Seolhyun, Jang Hyuk, Kim Young-chul, Ahn Nae-sang. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/10/04~Now airing, Fri, Sat 22:50 on jTBC.

photo1117685.jpg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

And that is the case for most of the people on this forum.

We've seen many costars who talk about how amazing JH is as the leader of a production, not just a lead. We know that as the leader he will change the script. will challenge the director when needed and take care of all the actors and crew members. And that is what I want to watch.

but for me, the show suffers due to that. So I guess, I won't be managing my expectations...

I hope you guys are wrong and he won't be taking more supporting roles, because those shows I will probably not watch completely, unless he is their director.

I don't try to watch other actors' all of projects  because I don't have too much free time in my hands or simply becasue script is not good(....WOL...):rolleyes:

I don't think JH can change the script(what about his many poorly written dramas should we also  blame him for spoiling them:sweatingbullets:) or challenge the director. I don't know where did you get such idea. Every project is colloborative effort of so many people both behind and in front of the camera. We can't belittle effort of any entity. What an audio engineer can do a costume designer can't do. What a cameraman can do a scriptwriter can't do. All of these people are essential part of the team. Although focus is mostly on the actors the real king of every movie/drama is the director, the queen is scriptwriter and lead actor(s) is chief of army.lols 

I think only thing the lead actors can do is to provide their input on the basis of their experience(that too only when asked for, all of directors/scriptwriters are not too kind in this regard:wacko:), play their part well and help in creating overall positive environment on the set.

I agree with @Prettysup that JH will keep accepting supporting roles. Like I've said eariler that I prefer supporting roles of movies but since he has no movie career  so I don't mind impactful supporting roles like Lee Bang Won.

But a big no to Wok of Love.:vicx:

I would rather see him playing good supporting role for long time instead of not working at all or working in IRIS2.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

This I agree. JH himself is not concerned about whether it is lead or supporting. He is only concerned if he likes that character and wants to play that character. It is fans who are not willing to see him take the back seat in the car and let others be the driver. :rolleyes:

Did anyone watch 6 flying dragons? I didn't but I was curious about the hype about the drama and about Yi Bang Won there so I read a little. Bang Won there is 10 years younger than Bang Won here in real age.

Well those fans can choose to watch or not watch the shows which he plays supporting role, but that's not gonna stop him for choosing the projects he likes.

I had the intention SFD initially, but I got put off by the actor playing YBW coz I don't really like him haha.. And actually I tried to learn Korean before too, in order to watch K-dramas, but I gave up.

17 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I would rather see him playing good supporting role for long time instead of not working at all or working in IRIS2.

Exactly, so many ppl were against him playing YBW in My Country initially but look at the hype he's generating now. As long as it is a good role, I can accept him playing a supporting character. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't try to watch other actors' all of projects  because I don't have too much free time in my hands or simply becasue script is not good(....WOL...):rolleyes:

I don't think JH can change the script(what about his many poorly written dramas should we also  blame him for spoiling them:sweatingbullets:) or challenge the director. I don't know where did you get such idea.

There has been several times he changed the script, that I know of- In Chuno, he changed the script to modify the way his character spoke, he also added the scene at the end. In Bad Papa the wife says an exact quote of what JH's wife said to him when he went to the army. I know that FTLY he was allowed to improvise and clearly also in WOL. Obviously he doesn't change the entire script, but he does modify elements in it, which makes those shows so much better than they would have been. For sure he did that also in My country- My guess the scene of YBW shooting an imaginary arrow is JH idea, as it so reminiscent of the similar scene at the end of Chuno. 

As to challenging the director- JH himself said that he had arguments on the set of Voice, also he said that he would object to taking off his shirt (or his pants) if he felt it was redundant. There is an interview in which they talked about how in Chuno JH would assert himself to the director, especially when it came to his action scenes, that he ended up choreographing himself. JH said that before he signs on to a project, he first brings his set of demands to the director.  

• Like 1

Well those fans can choose to watch or not watch the shows which he plays supporting role, but that's not gonna stop him for choosing the projects he likes.

I had the intention SFD initially, but I got put off by the actor playing YBW coz I don't really like him haha.. And actually I tried to learn Korean before too, in order to watch K-dramas, but I gave up.

Exactly, so many ppl were against him playing YBW in My Country initially but look at the hype he's generating now. As long as it is a good role, I can accept him playing a supporting character. 

Whether it is lead role or supporting role, it is all very subjective and to each individual taste/liking. Generally I think fans grumble about him taking supporting role  is only because we want to see more of him on screen. Not because supporting role isn't good, with the exception of WOL. It truly is no good. 

As fans, lets respect JH decision and support his work. If he himself doesn't mind the status of lead or supporting, all the more we shouldn't mind it too. What is important is he likes the character and wants to play it. But I agree that the script of MC is not watchable without JH. This again, is the script problem, got nothing to do with lead or supporting.  

He said in an interview that he wants to act till he is 70. We should count ourselves lucky that we will still get to see him on screen for a long while more. :expressionless:However, let's give it to him that after being an actor for more than 20 years and having been a lead in many projects, he could be tired and fatigue and once awhile just want to take a "stroll" instead of "running" His next project is a lead role. 

In the fan meeting some months back, he said he cut down filming so that he could spend time with his family. I feel this is the right thing to do. We do not know JH personally. What we do know is either through interviews or articles. We do not know what arrangements he has made with Sidus regarding his future career path. Neither do we know what arrangements he made with his wife regarding their family.

It could be in the earlier years he had to work from projects to projects for the sake of building up his career and reputation (after the scandal) and also for making ends meet. Now that he is a rich man, his wife might want him to cut down running from projects to projects but to spend time with the family. And since he is someone who cannot stop work due to his acting passion, he may just take a supporting role and more supporting role as age advances. As what he said, acting without having the burden of being a "captain".   

@azureblue7Remember some time ago we talked that if each of us should ever visit SK, we must visit the gymn he goes to...now we have to visit his building too.:blush:

I feel that in MC, JH remains low profile because he isn't the lead and he wants to give his juniors a chance to shine. I am positive that he runs his own scene (self direct) and is given the freedom how he wants to project Bang Won to the audience. I believe he is given the freedom. From BTS that we saw, Director-nim seem to be a nice person to Bang Won. 

So there is a press conference today! But the hair.................................

You are waiting for him to cut his hair right? Oh this press conference hair is ........................:sweat: so after all the buzz about Bang Won, finally we are getting a press conference with JH in it. 

Ya I went to check out who is the actor at SFD and I didn't like his face. Haiz...JH has spoilt me. I tend to compare every face with JH.

Now I can understand why JH made so many word mistakes at DB. And he is a korean. It is so difficult to learn. I am almost giving up too.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

There has been several times he changed the script, that I know of- In Chuno, he changed the script to modify the way his character spoke, he also added the scene at the end. In Bad Papa the wife says an exact quote of what JH's wife said to him when he went to the army. I know that FTLY he was allowed to improvise and clearly also in WOL. Obviously he doesn't change the entire script, but he does modify elements in it, which makes those shows so much better than they would have been. For sure he did that also in My country- My guess the scene of YBW shooting an imaginary arrow is JH idea, as it so reminiscent of the similar scene at the end of Chuno. 

As to challenging the director- JH himself said that he had arguments on the set of Voice, also he said that he would object to taking off his shirt (or his pants) if he felt it was redundant. There is an interview in which they talked about how in Chuno JH would assert himself to the director, especially when it came to his action scenes, that he ended up choreographing himself. JH said that before he signs on to a project, he first brings his set of demands to the director.  

I think it also depends on who is the Director. Is a give and take. Sometimes Director gives in, sometimes he gives in. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Do you think he will use this image for the eccentric profiler?:lol:

IMG-20191101-170736-529.jpg

cr. JTBC

Quite possible. You just imagine, if he looks at you like that, no smile, just stare at you, looks like some molester looking for his prey. :unsure: 

So curious to know what he is saying. 

I hope the drama tonight is more "urgent". So far Bang Won had been quite mild. Want to see Bang Won in action, confronting all the people. 

• Like 1