8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

YBW is currently 21 years old. He had his first wife 6 years ago when he was 15 years old, and they already had 2 children by 1388, the current year in ep 4. So they just didnt depict her character in this drama, not that he is without a woman at this point of time.

Oh, so in the drama, YBW already is a married man. It is quite hard to visualise he got married at 15 (which is normal at that era). So if YBW is 21 years old in the drama as of now, how old would the girl be? No wonder there isn't any love line with YBW in the drama since he is married. I am thinking maybe as time goes he likes her but she likes 1 of the lead guy. Haiz... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, so in the drama, YBW already is a married man. It is quite hard to visualise he got married at 15 (which is normal at that era). So if YBW is 21 years old in the drama as of now, how old would the girl be? No wonder there isn't any love line with YBW in the drama since he is married. I am thinking maybe as time goes he likes her but she likes 1 of the lead guy. Haiz... 

I dunno how old is the lead girl, but obviously she is in a relationship with the lead guy, and a triangle relationship with the second lead guy. I don't understand why do ppl think that she will have a relationship with YBW? YBW does not need to join this mess, haha

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I dunno how old is the lead girl, but obviously she is in a relationship with the lead guy, and a triangle relationship with the second lead guy. I don't understand why do ppl think that she will have a relationship with YBW? Haha

For most of his drama, either he died or he didn't get the girl. It is frustrating for me. I don't want to see YBW lonely but since he is already married in the drama, ok at least he got a girl. :blush:I am beginning to like her tho. She is doing a good job (acting) so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

For most of his drama, either he died or he didn't get the girl. It is frustrating for me. I don't want to see YBW lonely but since he is already married in the drama, ok at least he got a girl. :blush:I am beginning to like her tho. She is doing a good job (acting) so far. 

Looks like you are a rom-com fan. But let's not force it, if the character he plays has no love-line planned, then pls dont create any imaginary ships for him haha... According to history, YBW will have 18 wives/consorts/concubines, so I think that is more than enough lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I dunno how old is the lead girl, but obviously she is in a relationship with the lead guy, and a triangle relationship with the second lead guy. I don't understand why do ppl think that she will have a relationship with YBW? YBW does not need to join this mess, haha

Well, this is a kdrama, and considering there are three guys (I include JH in the mains) and one girl, it's not unreasonable to think the show will push towards him having feeling developing towards the main girl. I don't think there will be a relationship between them, as she obviously loves the lead. What I am saying is that I think the show is driving towards YBW developing feelings for her as she is so courageous and assertive in her interactions with him and he wan't put off by that but actually spent the time to be interested in who she is. Also remember- in the original character map that was released, YBW had a brown line connecting him to her, which was later removed. Maybe that was a spoiler :) 

As was mentioned here, even though YBW may be married (he did say something about saving his family in episode 3, maybe he meant wife and children), it means nothing in terms of possible involvement with other women. I think it was mentioned that he was the king with the most concubines? So it's not unreasonable to expect to see him in the show with another woman or more. But, again, this is a kdrama, so who knows how loyal they will be to reality in that respect.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Not to mention that the fight scene really disappointed me as it had too many cuts and strange positioning of the camera.

I find the fight scene super disappointing too.. I thought it was so rushed and poorly edited... and I prefer his hair tied up when he was fighting..haha. Not sure why his hair became a mess when he was there while his subordinate's hair was still neat( not doing his job?)  The best scenes IMO would be the 2 below.. the way he deliver his lines and his subtle change of expression.. 

cr
 owner
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Why do I find him so attractive when he was talking to his father. The scene where he lets the sword down with a sound and stand up. He looked so handsome

His charisma just explodes in that scene! 

@Prettysup @budgerie Franking speaking I would prefer him to have much more interactions with the 2 male leads than the girl. But if the writer plans to hint a possible relationship between YBW and the female lead, I'm fine as long as he gets more screen time pleaseeeee...  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I find the fight scene super disappointing too.. I thought it was so rushed and poorly edited... and I prefer his hair tied up when he was fighting..haha. Not sure why his hair became a mess when he was there while his subordinate's hair was still neat( not doing his job?)  The best scenes IMO would be the 2 below.. the way he deliver his lines and his subtle change of expression.. 

Yeah i was surprised when the scene cut to the forest suddenly with his hair down and the queen already injured, thot i had missed something. I was even imagining how his knot got loosened during the fight, but they didnt show it at all.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah i was surprised when the scene cut to the forest suddenly with his hair down and the queen already injured, thot i had missed something. I was even imagining how his knot got loosened during the fight, but they didnt show it at all.

I was expecting more during their road trip there, more sarcasm in  the verbal exchanges with his step mother , more opportunities to see his action moves and yes, how his hair.got into that state... but none... 

And SidusHQ is indeed doing a poor job in helping to release his BTS pics..  Do you know they release the BTS pics for a supporting actor in My Country? But not him yet? Why...? :tears:

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=26255026&memberNo=28456565

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I was expecting more during their road trip there, more sarcasm in  the verbal exchanges with his step mother , more opportunities to see his action moves and yes, how his hair.got into that state... but none... 

And SidusHQ is indeed doing a poor job in helping to release his BTS pics..  Do you know they release the BTS pics for a supporting actor in My Country? But not him yet? Why...? :tears:

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=26255026&memberNo=28456565

OMG this guy is from Sidus too? Really terrible, this Sidus! They better do their job next week.

• LOL 1

After a bit of research I discovered that after having 2 daughters, YBW actually had 3 sons consecutively with his first consort , but all of them died soon after birth. Then he had another daughter, before having another 3 sons, 1 daughter and 1 son with this first wife.

I wonder if the early deaths of his 3 sons had to do with political strifes? Perhaps thats the reason why he became so ruthless.

• Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

The whole thing was very strange- It seems like the queen didn't even go on the road with him at all, only with the girl, and then they were attacked. The girl looked like initially she managed to defend them, as she was holding a bloody sword, and only when all was lost, YBW appeared to defend them, so I guess he followed them. Maybe he was in the middle of "something" :)explaining his hair being down, before going on the trip, but then he was informed that the queen already left? this might also explain why the queen called him "rambunctious" after he saved her... but then asking him who sent him?! It's like the previous scene of them talking in episode 3 didn't even occur!  it's obvious we're missing several scenes here- and maybe even there was a reshoot in which the plot was changes and then they mixed the plots. very badly done. They're lucky JH was so impressive, he managed to distract from this obvious mess.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like you are a rom-com fan. 

Not exactly too. FTLY is rom-com but I didn't like the plot completely. I only like JH :yum:I don't like wishy washy plot and the later part of FTLY was so wishy washy (for example re create Macau scene) that I literally got bored. Really got bored. I only finished the drama because of wanting to see JH.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

According to history, YBW will have 18 wives/consorts/concubines, so I think that is more than enough lol

Am I bad to wish that they show him having 18 women in the drama? I mean we don't have to go into details about his women except for the bedrooms he will go in. It will be interesting to watch JH expressing his love in different ways. Surely he loves the 18 women differently. :sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I find the fight scene super disappointing too.. I thought it was so rushed and poorly edited... and I prefer his hair tied up when he was fighting..haha. Not sure why his hair became a mess when he was there while his subordinate's hair was still neat( not doing his job?)  

Yes I thought so too. When they set out on the journey, he was bun up. Suddenly it became loose and untidy. It must have been quite a fight. But all we get to see is some slashing thats all. And a quick one too considering YBW skill in sword. 

Do you know they release the BTS pics for a supporting actor in My Country? But not him yet? Why...? :tears:

I guess Sidus wants to promote the younger actor since JH needs no promoting. But it is always fun to watch JH bts. He laughs alot bts. 

JH at the wedding celebration of his buddy today 

Is it Choi Ki Seob? His bride is beautiful from side view. Actually I do wonder, good friends of JH get married, would Jang Hyuk wife also be invited? Surely she also will know people like CTH or HKM or HKI and many more JH good friends. So I wonder if she will also attend their wedding. 

Why I suddenly find him weird wearing a suit and tie. I prefer the untidy looking YBW (now). 

54 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The whole thing was very strange- It seems like the queen didn't even go on the road with him at all, only with the girl, and then they were attacked. The girl looked like initially she managed to defend them, as she was holding a bloody sword, and only when all was lost, YBW appeared to defend them. 

I also felt the same. Because if YBW had been with them all along, surely there was no need for the girl to even draw her sword. YBW would have finished all of them by himself. The girl had a blood sword and the stepmother was injured...big question mark here? Where was YBW when the attack happened? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Oh no JH has spoiled one more wedding ceremony.  :yum:

Maybe it's cultural thing but I find it extremely strange that in Korea they don't invite families of the friends in celebrity weddings. Not only this guests even don't care to dress well.

Haha! Why did you say he spoil it? For looking too handsome in suit?:joy:

39 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Oh no JH has spoiled one more wedding ceremony.  :yum:

Maybe it's cultural thing but I find it extremely strange that in Korea they don't invite families of the friends in celebrity weddings. Not only this guests even don't care to dress well.

What you mean by spoilt 1 more wedding?????

Oh really - didn't know that it's a culture not inviting families of celebrity. Maybe the celebrity themselves don't want to have the "hoo har" of shielding their families from media/reporters/cameraman. For sure JH would ensure his wife and children are not photographed. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Closer look at him.. so handsome. New drama please!

I know there were a lot of comments about this straight long hair at the boxing gym that day (me included hahaha) BUT it’s either the suit or he styled his hair abit or I’m just utterly biased but he still looks SUPER HOT with this long mane of glory at his friend’s wedding!! I guess he can do no wrong, his face is just too handsome haha. Love this look on him!

Though... would anyone complain if he sported a tied up neat/disheveled pony tail? :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2