13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

About WOL, I'm with you. I hated the the girl so much I couldn't even stand fast forwarding through it. I just stopped watching.

Hahaha! I didn't stop watching. I just fast forward until it is JH screen time. Love his cute character but because he got so little screen time, I lost interest in the story and I am puzzled why the writer even bother letting him meet up with the vet and doesn't develop their courtship or relationship :crazy:

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I love Robbers more than Tazza too. His character is so interesting. But it's really a matter of personal preference.

Me too. I didn't really quite like Tazza. Could it be because of the drama THANK YOU? He was (in my opinion) perfect there. His role as Dr Min was perfect and the story was well written. I find Tazza and Robbers story not to my liking. Similarly, after watching the perfect Kang Pil Joo and a well written MF story, the story of WOL was such a disappointment for me. The writer should have developed Chil Sung story more, I mean, give him MORE screen time. 

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

My friends watched WOL and fell for his cute gangster character  and started watching his other dramas. :lol:

Oh wow, guess your friends must be mesmerized by him by now. LOL. 

I am never going to recommend FTLY to my friends anymore. After watching, they were so in love with him (which is good) and felt disappointed that he is a married man. :angry:Got me real upset. Can't (these) people respect JH choice of a wife and respect his marital life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! Because he and LDH ended up together in this drama, unlike Chuno and Iris 2. Oh, for me, it was never about JH acting. It was because of the story that I dislike. 

Actually, I like Robbers not just because of them ending up together, but, besides JH's acting, I love the plot- it was quite intricate, touching on different issues, and I really liked the different characters. Loved how they took the time to develop all of them. Even the crazy grandfather :)  

As to LDH, her acting in Robbers was much better than in Chuno.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

While we're waiting for more news about JH, I noticed this post and I wondered if any of you know if this is from BTS footage and what is the source of these pics. 

It is the scene in Ep.1 :)

Although I don't like the plots and storylines for some of his dramas I never skipped. I tolerated watching til the end except WOL that I dislike it so much. I watched only his scenes which only 2-3 minutes per episode. :tears:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, budgerie said:

THANK YOU? He was (in my opinion) perfect there. His role as Dr Min was perfect and the story was well written. I find Tazza and Robbers story not to my liking

I love Thank You! The storyline and acting of all the cast  just kept me invested in the drama. 

8 hours ago, budgerie said:

wow, guess your friends must be mesmerized by him by now. LOL. 

I am never going to recommend FTLY to my friends anymore. After watching, they were so in love with him (which is good) and felt disappointed that he is a married man. :angry:Got me real upset

Hahaha! After I recommended them to watch FTLY next, they fell hard. Found him super handsome and cute. 

5 hours ago, nyk said:

I tolerated watching til the end except WOL that I dislike it so much. I watched only his scenes which only 2-3 minutes per episode

Me too... hope the same thing will not happen in My Country..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Me too... hope the same thing will not happen in My Country..

I hope not too! After such a long wait and if it is going to be like WOL where he has little screen time, I am gonna scream crazy! I have the feeling that (since) he is mentoring younger generation actors, the limelight will be on the younger actors. :confounded:Keep my fingers crossed, hope not. 

Oh, remember in Dragon Bromance while they were eating sandwich, and he made a comment something like when one has aged, you don't get good script or something to that effect. I cannot remember his exact words but maybe it is true that he is doing mentoring roles...

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

About WOL, I'm with you. I hated the the girl so much I couldn't even stand fast forwarding through it. I just stopped watching.

I feel the same with the girl. Is it because of her clothes or hairstyle? Somehow somewhere is not correct....(hahaha)! 

Want to ask you all, how do you feel watching THORN? I feel that the plot is realistic - as in it can happen in real life where a student falls hard for her teacher. But I feel the movie is quite confusing. Until the end, I don't even know if he loved his student :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

that he is doing mentoring roles...

I think he is too young to be doing mentoring roles.. he is leading role quality...:huh: Hopefully it is not true. will be sooooo sad...

4 hours ago, Lovehyukie said:

I’m fan of Jang hyuk, since I watched FTLY.  He is good in Shine or go crazy but the ending a bit disappointed. Anyone knows about what happened with his movie swordsman? Never release eventhough they finished production right?

I have no idea too..Have been waiting for ages.. anyway, welcome to the forum!:)

• Like 2

Here is a recap: I only came to know JH when I watched FTLY recently and I couldn't think of anyone else ever since! Initially, I couldn't pinpoint my perceptions of him in FTLY when I first watched. Probably it was his hairstyle in FTLY and he was not exactly a young looking guy. But something about him attracted my attention, it could be his charisma or great acting skills. Or it could be his looks.

Since then, I read all the posts in this forum from day 1, watched Dragon Bromance and Urban Cops, watched whichever clips of interviews or guests in variety shows subbed in English. Am starting to watch him in Real Men too. I am controlling myself from watching his dramas for now, as I fear I will not be able to stop watching each episode. Hence, I thought watching him in variety shows would be a lighter touch and I get to see his real self.

I am so glad there is a platform here for all of us to express ourselves with like-minded JH fans. Whilst we get so attached to him merely from the computer/TV screen most of the time, how could actors/actresses/colleagues who work with him not go crazy over him? I read somewhere that said JH can switched from reel to real easily during a drama. How could he? 

I know we want to keep seeing more of him, but this also means he has less time for his family. I really wonder how he finds time or energy for his kids?! Here, I find it challenging to manage my time between work, family/kids and myself. And he is a well known celebrity with tight acting schedules, commercials, interviews, boxing, 3 kids and a wife!

• Like 7

@AquariusMY :)I always love reading how people came to know about JH.  His unique acting style,  rather flamboyant Lee Gun way of laughing , unusual hairstyle and the way he cries (that tugs my heartstrings) in FTLY caught my attention at first too. Like what you said, there's  a certain charm in him that is very attractive.  After watching him again in BM, I just had to find out more about him. I was really quite amazed to discover that he is actually super good in action scenes too because he is already brilliant in melodrama ... And the list just goes on and on the more you know about him..

I have always thought this forum is a little quiet but am really appreciative that @Prettysup has been updating the forum with his news without fail. I guess there are fans who lurk quietly and read too.:lol:

48 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Whilst we get so attached to him merely from the computer/TV screen most of the time, how could actors/actresses/colleagues who work with him not go crazy over him? I read somewhere that said JH can switched from reel to real easily during a drama. How could he? 

I guess maybe  the fact that he is married and he switches from real to real quickly keeps his co star from falling for him. 

50 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

know we want to keep seeing more of him, but this also means he has less time for his family. I really wonder how he finds time or energy for his kids?! Here, I find it challenging to manage my time between work, family/kids and myself. And he is a well known celebrity with tight acting schedules, commercials, interviews, boxing, 3 kids and a wife!

Now that he has more time and less filming, he shared at the recent fan meeting at he will wake up early to make toast for his children and fetch them to school. And I have seen someone blogging about spotting him with his little girl at Pororo indoor theme park or playground. He was following her all around and sitting down to play with her at the ball pool :wub:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

You do?! I read comments saying that JH's character was very unlikable. Was that an exaggeration? Do you recommend to watch it?  Of his shows after the army, I have only IRIS2 and Tazza left

Iris-2 was my favourite genre - action + hero injured,  haha.. I love to see my heroes hurt/injured. But that is just my personal view, I guess each to his/her own taste, you can try a few episodes to see if it suits you or not. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

You were wincing about his FTLY hairstyle too..hahaha. 

Haha but I didn't like the story of FTLY so I did not finish the drama, hence I did not have to wince very long. Unlike Iris-2 which I actually watched and rewatched a few times, I had to wince longer lol..

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, Lovehyukie said:

I’m fan of Jang hyuk, since I watched FTLY.  He is good in Shine or go crazy but the ending a bit disappointed. Anyone knows about what happened with his movie swordsman? Never release eventhough they finished production right?

Oh wow your first post on soompi, welcome here!

About the movie Swordsman, the last I heard was it was recording its OST and doing some post-production dubbing job, but not too sure when is it going to be released.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

I know we want to keep seeing more of him, but this also means he has less time for his family. I really wonder how he finds time or energy for his kids?! Here, I find it challenging to manage my time between work, family/kids and myself. And he is a well known celebrity with tight acting schedules, commercials, interviews, boxing, 3 kids and a wife!

Yeah he is a well known workaholic who continuously delivers new projects on a regular basis. I think we as his fans are too spoilt that's why we cannot get used to it when he goes on a hiatus, when the fact that actually there are many other k-stars who rest a few year in between projects!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, budgerie said:

Me too. I didn't really quite like Tazza. Could it be because of the drama THANK YOU? He was (in my opinion) perfect there. His role as Dr Min was perfect and the story was well written. I find Tazza and Robbers story not to my liking. Similarly, after watching the perfect Kang Pil Joo and a well written MF story, the story of WOL was such a disappointment for me. The writer should have developed Chil Sung story more, I mean, give him MORE screen time. 

Yeah i love him in Thank You too, and I don't like Tazza and Robbers too. My favourites are still Chuno, Tree with Deep Roots and Iris-2.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lovehyukie said:

I’m fan of Jang hyuk, since I watched FTLY.  He is good in Shine or go crazy but the ending a bit disappointed.

Hi @Lovehyukiewelcome to this forum! Haha, me too find the ending of SOGC disappointing or incomplete. I actually prefer him to be with the Queen. :lol:

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I guess maybe  the fact that he is married and he switches from real to real quickly keeps his co star from falling for him. 

I think so too. We here are already falling hard for him and we're not even seeing him face to face. What more his female co stars who have to act with him. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Haha but I didn't like the story of FTLY so I did not finish the drama, hence I did not have to wince very long. 

Haha @PrettysupI feel the same but I dare not say it because I know so many of his fans love FTLY. I never have issues with JH acting, but I did find the plot too wishy washy at certain parts and it isn't my fav genre. 

Now that he has more time and less filming, he shared at the recent fan meeting at he will wake up early to make toast for his children and fetch them to school. And I have seen someone blogging about spotting him with his little girl at Pororo indoor theme park or playground. He was following her all around and sitting down to play with her at the ball pool :wub:

Ya (hahaha), so curious to know how his toast would look like. Infact in Dragon Bromance, we already can see he is a very good husband/father. Listen to all his conversation, I don't think he would do anything that would hurt his wife and children. 

• Like 2

spotting him with his little girl at Pororo indoor theme park or playground. He was following her all around and sitting down to play with her at the ball pool :wub:

His princess really change his life. Gave up instant coffee, gave up smoking, watch cartoons so many times (heehee). I think he must dote on her so much. Truly a daddy's girl :wub:girlie will find it difficult to find a boyfriend next time. Daddy is so handsome :D everyone else has no match. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! Because he and LDH ended up together in this drama, unlike Chuno and Iris 2. Oh, for me, it was never about JH acting. It was because of the story that I dislike. 

Haha, maybe you're right...

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

About the movie Swordsman, the last I heard was it was recording its OST and doing some post-production dubbing job, but not too sure when is it going to be released.

Oh good to hear that, at least I see some light...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Iris-2 was my favourite genre - action + hero injured,  haha.. I love to see my heroes hurt/injured

Hahaha! And he always played the injured hero from Chuno till now... and even had 2 consecutive dramas where the female leads have to feed him medicine mouth to mouth ( SOGC and Gaekju) ..Lol:lol: Maybe the writers loved him in such roles too..

Yeah he is a well known workaholic who continuously delivers new projects on a regular basis. I think we as his fans are too spoilt that's why we cannot get used to it when he goes on a hiatus, when the fact that actually there are many other k-stars who rest a few year in between projects!

I agree that we are indeed spoilt..and really not used to him resting for too long. I wonder if he will be taking up any variety shows after urban cops.

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

His princess really change his life. Gave up instant coffee, gave up smoking, watch cartoons so many times (heehee). I think he must dote on her so much. Truly a daddy's girl :wub:girlie will find it difficult to find a boyfriend next time. Daddy is so handsome :D everyone else has no match. 

He definitely dotes on his princess a lot. Haha. Would love to see how he interacts with her ..must be so cute and sweet..

• Like 2