On 5/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, budgerie said:

I am not sure if this (news) is accurate but is what I saw when I googled chinese website. It said 新海 will be out in 2022. Swordman & My Country in 2019.

I have thought 新海 is not gonna be out anymore.  It'll be so good it its true.  When this was filming a few years back, I was so looking forward to it.  

Really miss him in dramaland.  Waiting for him to appear on the screen again, and even more for a role where he is the central lead again.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, budgerie said:

@nykIKR..me too! Tbh, I was quite pissed when they laughed at his "loyalty" remark. He was wanting to say more. It may not mean anything to the others who had not gone through a major scandal but to JH, that "loyalty" meant so much to him. For this, I salute his wife & ship them together forever. 

Although I enjoyed watching the Dragon Club programme, enjoyed their friendship/bromance, but after I watched it countless times, there were some scenes I found that their teasing of JH had gone overboard & from his expression, he was uncomfortable although he kept quiet. Out of the remaining 4, I like Hong Kyung In. He doesn't talk/tease much. I like the way he gazes at JH warmly. Both of them acted in the drama Robbers. 

I thought I was the only one who felt like that. I actually find it hard to rewatch the show, due to the way the guys except from Hong Kyung In treated him. At times it felt like they were going out of their way to single him out and mock him. For instance, about his face getting red due to falling asleep in the sun. It felt like they were making way too big of a deal out of it, and just wouldn't let the matter go, especially in front of those older ladies and the young girl. Not to mention mocking him for speaking slowly, and even calling him names. I wonder why they were like that with him...

I wondered about how much he was willing to take from them and about how loyal he is to them. Could it be because of how they supported him during the military scandal? I do know that there used to be a sixth member to the club that was ousted after he came out against JH during the scandal...

59 minutes ago, ביולוגיה שיעור said:

I thought I was the only one who felt like that. I actually find it hard to rewatch the show, due to the way the guys except from Hong Kyung In treated him. At times it felt like they were going out of their way to single him out and mock him. For instance, about his face getting red due to falling asleep in the sun. It felt like they were making way too big of a deal out of it, and just wouldn't let the matter go, especially in front of those older ladies and the young girl. Not to mention mocking him for speaking slowly, and even calling him names. I wonder why they were like that with him...

I wondered about how much he was willing to take from them and about how loyal he is to them. Could it be because of how they supported him during the military scandal? I do know that there used to be a sixth member to the club that was ousted after he came out against JH during the scandal...

It is alright. He is too cute when he gets upset. That's why they tease him. His friends are not bully.

The sixth member came out against seventh member of Dragon Club not against JH.

I guess he will fit one more work in his schedule this year. Won't he? I'm not too enthusiastic about his upcoming drama due to the writer and I don't like he has to relegate to playing supporting roles. He is too young for that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ביולוגיה שיעור said:

I think much of the teasing in the show was edited for entertainment  purposes. Not to worry too much over it.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Wow! Fan Signing event at Lotte Department store in 25 May 2019. 

Yeah finally will see new pics of him 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

It is alright. He is too cute when he gets upset. That's why they tease him. His friends are not bully.

I guess he will fit one more work in his schedule this year. Won't he? I'm not too enthusiastic about his upcoming drama due to the writer and I don't like he has to relegate to playing supporting roles. He is too young for that. 

Wow haven’t seen u for a long time. If ‘My country’ is broadcasting in Sep, then I think it will be hard for him to do a live

drama coz they will clash. So my guess is his next protect will be a movie. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

But that's the thing- he didn't get upset, except for once, and that led to additional mocking.  I'm aware that every group of guys has their own dynamics, but this to me got a bit much, though it's very clear that at the end of the day they love JH. 

Oh, so they were seven initially? I read that one of them made a statement condemning those that tried to get out of military service... so what happened to the sixth and seventh members?

• Like 1

I agree with @Prettysupand @fiesty8001 that much of the teasing was purely to make the show more entertaining.  I remember CTH and KJK mentioned during the press conference interview that they were a little stressed about how to make their dragon club show more entertaining for viewers. Since both of them were veteran variety show hosts, that was probably  their roles to play. The rest can be themselves. I agree sometimes the teasing can be a little overboard but I can still tell their friendship is very strong. And maybe that is why JH always agree to show up on Running Man or Radio Star even though he knows that he may be asked to do embarrassing things. Haha!  He is really such a great friend to have!

• Like 3

(Just my personal opinion). Of course their friendship is still strong despite the teasing. True friends don't break off easily but of course there might be times when each don't see eye-to-eye which is common in any kind of friendship/relationship. (I'm sure we ourselves have similar experiences). 

There were 2 incidents I found disturbing. At the Thai Restaurant (after surfing), CTH teased him about using the plaster without removing the plastic wrap. And his reply was..."enough enough already, I'm already a father of 3". Another incident, during the BBQ, when they teased him endlessly about his red face, he said something like... "if it's amusement to you, go ahead"...I can't remember his exact words in the subtitle. 

To me, these are words of displeasure. As much as we can be friends for eternity, but we still have to have mutual respect & not go overboard with teasing to the extend the person being teased becomes uncomfortable.

Another incident I found disturbing (although not related to JH). JK commented that HKM dated many celebrities. My 1st thought was "oh no, his wife is going to watch this". We can be best of friends forever but there are still things that can be said, some things better left unsaid. Of course we all know that JK slipped of tongue...but sometimes slipped of tongue can get another person into trouble.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

(Just my personal opinion). Of course their friendship is still strong despite the teasing. True friends don't break off easily but of course there might be times when each don't see eye-to-eye which is common in any kind of friendship/relationship. (I'm sure we ourselves have similar experiences). 

There were 2 incidents I found disturbing. At the Thai Restaurant (after surfing), CTH teased him about using the plaster without removing the plastic wrap. And his reply was..."enough enough already, I'm already a father of 3". Another incident, during the BBQ, when they teased him endlessly about his red face, he said something like... "if it's amusement to you, go ahead"...I can't remember his exact words in the subtitle. 

To me, these are words of displeasure. As much as we can be friends for eternity, but we still have to have mutual respect & not go overboard with teasing to the extend the person being teased becomes uncomfortable.

Another incident I found disturbing (although not related to JH). JK commented that HKM dated many celebrities. My 1st thought was "oh no, his wife is going to watch this". We can be best of friends forever but there are still things that can be said, some things better left unsaid. Of course we all know that JK slipped of tongue...but sometimes slipped of tongue can get another person into trouble.  

I agree with what you said. Even though we know they are friends, and they genuinely seem to love each other, obviously within the group the relationships are different depending on the person involved. And some are kinder than others.

From what I saw, even though they are friends, they are not that close, at least not by what I would define as close- they said they were to JH's house only once after he was married, they hardly met each other's wives and it seems they don't know each other's kids. Also, on that Moms show, JH said he never met any of Kim Jong Kook's girlfriends and it was also obvious he was never to his home. I think they themselves said they mainly meet in public functions. From what I saw, JH will do everything for any of them- he said in his last appearance in "Running men" that they always have each other's back- he did several cameos in Cha Tae Hyun shows, though never a regular role, and appears wherever Kim Jong Kook asks his to appear. But I'm not sure they know each other that well- they said that JH was a surprise to them on the show

5 hours ago, ביולוגיה שיעור said:

obviously within the group the relationships are different depending on the person involved. And some are kinder than others.

From what I saw, even though they are friends, they are not that close, at least not by what I would define as close- they said they were to JH's house only once after he was married, they hardly met each other's wives and it seems they don't know each other's kids.

I guess like all friendships, the way one views and values the friendship may not be the same as another.  I am not sure about the rest of the members but CTH definitely knows JH's wife and kids well. During  CTH's  Win Win episode where JH was invited as a guest, he mentioned about JH and his wife coming to his house and they would have a chat together.  JH's wife knows CTH and his wife well. KHM also mentioned during one of the Chuno's interview that whenever JH and CTH are together, they would talk endlessly about their kids.:) I guess even though they might be not be nice to each other all the time (maybe personalities matter here too) they, especially JH, still treasure their friendships with one another.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ביולוגיה שיעור said:

I agree with what you said. Even though we know they are friends, and they genuinely seem to love each other, obviously within the group the relationships are different depending on the person involved. And some are kinder than others.

From what I saw, even though they are friends, they are not that close, at least not by what I would define as close- they said they were to JH's house only once after he was married, they hardly met each other's wives and it seems they don't know each other's kids. Also, on that Moms show, JH said he never met any of Kim Jong Kook's girlfriends and it was also obvious he was never to his home. I think they themselves said they mainly meet in public functions. From what I saw, JH will do everything for any of them- he said in his last appearance in "Running men" that they always have each other's back- he did several cameos in Cha Tae Hyun shows, though never a regular role, and appears wherever Kim Jong Kook asks his to appear. But I'm not sure they know each other that well- they said that JH was a surprise to them on the show

I agree with @azureblue7 that JH/CTH family know each other. JH complained in WIN WIN programme that his wife compared him with CTH because CTH is good with babysitting while JH is not as good. JH protest that while he is good with housekeeping, CTH is not as good. But for both wives, babysitting is more important than housekeeping :expressionless:1x JH even pretended to be asleep (in CTH house) while they all were chatting about children/babysitting. Later CTH told his wife, next time JH no need to come already. :blush: CTH also mentioned that when HKM looked at how both CTH/JH are living now, HKM doesn't want to get married. LOL...

JH wife knew all the 4 of them. CTH/HKM were the Master of Ceremony for their wedding. KJK sang the "Star Wind Sunshine & Love" song. Don't know if HKI was there - nothing mentioned. At HKM wedding, the Dragon Bros performed. And also during their bromance trip, whose wife was it that bought those pyjamas? For sure the wives knew the existence of their 20 years long friendship. But as they all have their own career & family, meeting each other on  a regular basis is not as easy. As JH said during the BBQ, sometimes 3-4 of them gather but very difficult to get all 5 together due to work schedule. 

As for them being surprised at JH, perhaps his character did change from 20 years ago. While they were waiting for that train ride in the park (with that girl), KJK commented that JH hardly spoke 20 years ago. But now, JH is pretty chatty. So maybe they find this a huge change in him. But the 1 thing that never changed in him, as HKI mentioned, JH is bad at telling lies, he's pure. :wub: this was said during the breakfast session before JH/CTH rode the scooter to buy ice pop for the girl.

I'm very sure their friendship is still strong despite the teasing. Their friendship is like, we don't have to see each other regularly but we'll be there for each other should the need arise. As in any friendship, there's bound to be differences sometimes & even displeasure but putting all those aside, the friendship is still strong. Especially for JH, he treasures people....and things.

(Sorry if I've bored you all with my long chats. I really enjoyed chatting with you all, while waiting for his new work to be out. All of you are so nice here. I've seen threads where people scold each other just because of differing opinions. Thank you for welcoming me here).  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I agree with @azureblue7 that JH/CTH family know each other. JH complained in WIN WIN programme that his wife compared him with CTH because CTH is good with babysitting while JH is not as good. JH protest that while he is good with housekeeping, CTH is not as good. But for both wives, babysitting is more important than housekeeping :expressionless:1x JH even pretended to be asleep (in CTH house) while they all were chatting about children/babysitting. Later CTH told his wife, next time JH no need to come already. :blush: CTH also mentioned that when HKM looked at how both CTH/JH are living now, HKM doesn't want to get married. LOL...

JH wife knew all the 4 of them. CTH/HKM were the Master of Ceremony for their wedding. KJK sang the "Star Wind Sunshine & Love" song. Don't know if HKI was there - nothing mentioned. At HKM wedding, the Dragon Bros performed. And also during their bromance trip, whose wife was it that bought those pyjamas? For sure the wives knew the existence of their 20 years long friendship. But as they all have their own career & family, meeting each other on  a regular basis is not as easy. As JH said during the BBQ, sometimes 3-4 of them gather but very difficult to get all 5 together due to work schedule. 

As for them being surprised at JH, perhaps his character did change from 20 years ago. While they were waiting for that train ride in the park (with that girl), KJK commented that JH hardly spoke 20 years ago. But now, JH is pretty chatty. So maybe they find this a huge change in him. But the 1 thing that never changed in him, as HKI mentioned, JH is bad at telling lies, he's pure. :wub: this was said during the breakfast session before JH/CTH rode the scooter to buy ice pop for the girl.

I'm very sure their friendship is still strong despite the teasing. Their friendship is like, we don't have to see each other regularly but we'll be there for each other should the need arise. As in any friendship, there's bound to be differences sometimes & even displeasure but putting all those aside, the friendship is still strong. Especially for JH, he treasures people....and things.

(Sorry if I've bored you all with my long chats. I really enjoyed chatting with you all, while waiting for his new work to be out. All of you are so nice here. I've seen threads where people scold each other just because of differing opinions. Thank you for welcoming me here).  

:) all the interviews you mentioned don't have English subs, so I didn't know all those details. Good to know. And you are not boring at all! Please share more, as I'm a new fan, and, as most of the interviews are without subs, my understanding is partial at best. :) 

What I did see was the mom show in which LH said he never met any of HKM's girl friends and that he was shocked by HKM's room at his parents' house, which to me indicates he's never been there.

So it seems of the 5, CTH is the closest to JH?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ביולוגיה שיעור said:

:) all the interviews you mentioned don't have English subs, so I didn't know all those details. Good to know. And you are not boring at all! Please share more, as I'm a new fan, and, as most of the interviews are without subs, my understanding is partial at best. :) 

What I did see was the mom show in which LH said he never met any of HKM's girl friends and that he was shocked by HKM's room at his parents' house, which to me indicates he's never been there.

So it seems of the 5, CTH is the closest to JH?  

If you can do chinese, you can check out his (previous) interviews at youku, tudou, iqiyi or bilibili (I apologise I do not know how to post the interviews here).

IDK who's closest to JH but CTH/JH have common ground as both have 3 (school-going) children. JH youngest kid already attends Kindergarten,Hong Kyung Min daughter was 16 months old during the programme, Hong Kyung In has no kid at that time & KJK isn't married. 

In Mom's Diary, JH mentioned he never met any of JK's girlfriends - I'm not surprised. As a celebrity, you don't want to walk around openly with a girl unless she's someone you want to tie the knot with. Infact when JH announced his wedding/arrival of 1st baby, many were shocked/surprised that he even had a girlfriend & already for 6 years long! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

If you can do chinese, you can check out his (previous) interviews at youku, tudou, iqiyi or bilibili (I apologise I do not know how to post the interviews here).

.No, I also can't read Chinese... so any additional information you can share from those interviews will be welcomed :) 

• Like 1

If anyone can do chinese, youku has a short video of his wedding. Type 张赫婚礼. Not a close up version but can still see. It's pretty touching to see the bride's father walk his daughter down the aisle towards JH & also to see both Mothers walk together towards the 4 tier cake.  :blush:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, budgerie said:

I am not sure if this (news) is accurate but is what I saw when I googled chinese website. It said 新海 will be out in 2022.  

Do u have the link to the website you found this info ??

A Fantasy Cast: Korean Actors We Can Imagine As Avengers Characters

“Avengers: Endgame” has been dominating the box office all over the world. With most of the characters from the Marvel world coming together, the “Avengers” series is always so much fun to watch. Not to mention, you have some stellar actors and actresses playing the Marvel characters, which makes it that much more enjoyable. If you’re like me and you’re super into Marvel as well as K-dramas, you’ve imagined various actors and actresses in the Korean entertainment industry playing these superheroes.

Here’s a look at some of the main characters from the series and some Korean actors and actresses that I could imagine playing them!

Iron Man

Iron Man is the billionaire who uses his intelligence to invent some crazy gadgets to fight evil throughout the series. In the films, he’s super witty and brings a lot of humor into the crazy bunch, which makes for a lot of comic relief in rather distressing situations. There are a lot of Korean actors to imagine playing this character, but the two that’d be absolutely perfect for the role are Ha Jung Woo and Jang Hyuk.

These two actors have so much charisma and charm that they would be the perfect as Tony Stark! Plus they both look really good in suits.

jang-hyuk.jpg

Continue reading here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321179wpp/a-fantasy-cast-korean-actors-we-can-imagine-as-avengers-characters

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, budgerie said:

@PrettysupSorry...i don't know how to post link...You google, type in 韩国张赫作品 & you'll be in the page. Than you scroll down to 张赫 Hyuk Jang 的全部作品. A total of 59 作品.

Ok i found it, it is from Douban website, and New Sea is now listed as 2022. Hmmm I don't really think they have planned anything that is 3 years ahead at this point of time, typical China dramas only confirm release dates less than a month before the actual date. But let's hope at least they are doing something about it, coz last that I heard, post-production for this drama had not even been carried out yet. 

And what in the world is "Izzy Got The Frizzies" ??

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9854804/

https://movie.douban.com/celebrity/1037420/movies?sortby=time&format=pic

• Like 2