@kohnlee Yes, I think most probably because of Detective Moo. I wonder if this will mean that he might consider Voice 3? Hehe. Just a random thought.

@Prettysup Me too! I want to see him in the Police officer uniform looking so cool and in the tux looking super charming. I hope one is in the early afternoon while the other is at night. 

Are we able to watch this awards ceremony live on any channel? KBS?

• Like 3

Haha news of new project is out!

Actor Jang Hyuk is turning into a real detective. 

According to Sidus HQ on Wednesday, Jang Hyuk has confirmed to appear in MBC's Every1 channel's 'City Police'.

MBC's Every1 channel's "City Police" is part of a series that will follow "Country Police" which is currently airing. It is a reality variety program that shows the lives and sorrows of the difficult lives led by city police. Jang Hyuk becomes a real police officer this time instead of a drama character, and he will jump directly into the scene of a crime.

Jang Hyuk had previously played the role of a detective with animal instincts and cool judgment in the drama "Voice" leaving a strong impression on viewers with restrained action and strong eyes. In his latest drama "Bad Papa," he was the legendary boxing champion, but he also portrayed a wide range of criminal characters in a way that was falsely accused and turned into a realistic detective. 

In addition, Jang Hyuk has the physical strength required by a police officer, as he is proficient in various sports such as jeet kune do, boxing and horse riding. The anticipation of Jang Hyuk appearing as a real life police is thus increased. 

Meanwhile, Jang Hyuk had shown serious and passionate, as well charming apperances through various variety programs such as "Dragon Club," "Carefree Travellers" and "City Fishermen". This has raise curiosity about his new reality program. 

MBC's "City Police" is scheduled to air sometime in January 2019.

1S8CHOE9IN_1.jpg

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S8CHOE9IN

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Haha news of new project is out!

Actor Jang Hyuk is turning into a real detective. 

This makes me so happy! I thought I was gonna wait for months for his new project given he has done his dramas, variety shows and movie continuously. But what happened to Swordsman though?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

This makes me so happy! I thought I was gonna wait for months for his new project given he has done his dramas, variety shows and movie continuously. But what happened to Swordsman though?

Erm I guess we got to wait for that. 

City Police's predecessor 'Country Police' has had 4 seasons, each one lasting about 2 months or so. My guess is Hyukie will appear for one season maybe and then go back to shoot a drama or movie after that.

• Like 3

It was country police followed by sea police or coastal guard. Looking at the cast of the previous season, they are all his friends. Haha!

Korea Coast Guard (2018)

Korea Coast Guard cast, Korea Coast Guard tv show, Korea Coast Guard summary, sea police, Kwak SiYang 2018, Kwak SiYang Korea Coast Guard, Kwak SiYang sea police, Girls Day YuRa Korea Coast Guard, Girls Day sea police

MBC

Information

Title: Korea Coast Guard/Sea police/badagyeongchal/바다경찰

Genre: Variety TV Program

Director: Lee SunWook, Hong JongHan, Kim YoonJung, Kim EunAh, Choi NakKyu, Lee SolI, Cheon SangHyun, No SeungIl

Writer: Kim MinNa, Kim EunJae, Choi YooRi, Jung HaeJi, Lee JiYoung

Network: MBC every1

Runtime: From August 13th

Air Time: Monday 8:30 pm (four episodes)

Language: Korean

Summary

In Busan, entertainers try several jobs that are related to the sea such as maritime security, maritime rescue, marine environment preservation, etc. The show will follow and film them.

film them.

Cast

Kwak SiYang

Korea Coast Guard cast, Korea Coast Guard tv show, Korea Coast Guard summary, sea police, Kwak SiYang 2018, Kwak SiYang Korea Coast Guard, Kwak SiYang sea police, Girls Day YuRa Korea Coast Guard, Girls Day sea police

MBC

Girl’s Day‘s YuRa

MBC

Kim SuRo

MBC

Jo JaeYoon

MBC

Interesting Facts

Here is the official poster.

Source:https://www.kpopmap.com/sea-police-2018-tv-show-cast-summary/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think sea police is only a spin-off of rural police which has 4 seasons. 

Looks like Real Men to me .

Translated  from another article:

The number of crimes per day in Seoul is 1 minute 52 seconds of violence, 1 minute 53 seconds of theft, rape, 25 minutes and 12 seconds of forced eviction, and 9 hours and 20 minutes of murder. Now, entertainers jump directly into the crime scene in Seoul, not in the countryside. They are going to be reborn as real police officers by living together with the lives of police officers in the life of 'City Police.' 

Just hope it is not too tough for him filming it.. it is winter and there is going to be plenty of running around catching real criminals..

• Like 3

Country police broadcast schedule : Mondays night 8:30 pm

Season 1 : July 17, 2017 to October 2, 2017 (12 ep)
Season 2 : November 20, 2017 - January 15, 2018 (9 ep)
Season 3 : April 16, 2018 - June 25, 2018 (10 ep)
Season 4 : October 8, 2018 ~ current (ep.9 on 3 Dec)

And translation of why the PD chose him for this City Police

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

This reminds me of Real Men! 

And I love that variety so much :) 

So is this going to be marine or land? And we are watching season 5? 

Im really curious how it works. Real Detective but is a variety program.

And is this like real men, where this group of celebrity will be together on the show? 

What kind of cop will will he be??? Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

When I saw the news I thought of this pic.  I have a feeling that they will be the members of City Police. haha

Another tough variety show. I prefer to watch him relaxing in the show like Immature Bromance but yeah at least I get to watch his face in January. I should have known already that he doesn't like something easy. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I knew he couldn't go long without a project. I'm actually glad he's doing a variety show although I suspect in the next couple months we'll hear confirmation of a new drama for late spring or so. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Jang Hyuk To Appear in Upcoming MBC Every1 Program “City Police”

Jang-Hyuk.png?resize=600,400&ssl=1

HE IS MAKING A COMEBACK TO THE SMALL SCREEN NEXT YEAR, HOWEVER, THE ACTOR IS NOT STARRING IN A DRAMA.

Jang Hyuk is the first celebrity to be confirmed to take part in MBC Every1’s newest show City Police. This reality variety program is a spin-off of Rural Police which will air its fourth season starting December 10. (Prettysup comment : I think there is a mistake here, it should mean ending its fourth season on December 10). This is a show that allows celebrities to experience police life in the countryside.

Celebrities partner with real-life police officers to perform tasks within the community. The tasks include mandating traffic, solving problems of residents and night patrols, to name a few. The same concept applies to City Police. 

Instead of doing it in a rural area, the show will be held in the city. This will be more challenging as misdemeanors and crimes in the city are far from simple.

PD Lee Soon Ok, the show’s director, finds Jang Hyuk perfect for the program and expresses excitement to cast the actor.  Jang is used to playing roles involving the police – whether as a criminal or a member of the force. In fact, the actor’s last drama for 2018, the recently concluded Bad Papa, had him play the role of a former mixed martial arts champion who later become a detective.

MBC Every1 is a non-free-to-air TV network which is a subsidiary of MBC Plus. This network specializes in entertainment and variety programs.

City Police projects first broadcast in January 2019.

https://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/jang-hyuk-city-police/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

So he is going to mandate traffic ? I Guess this is traffic control, night patrols and solve residents problems such as? Finding lost kittens etc ? 

I think it will definitely be more challenging that those since it is in Seoul and not in the countryside. I would love to see the residents reactions when they see that it is Jang Hyuk who is helping to solve their problems.. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

So he is going to mandate traffic ? I Guess this is traffic control, night patrols and solve residents problems such as? Finding lost kittens etc ? 

That was talking about the currently airing 'Rural Police', not the upcoming 'City Police'.

21 hours ago, nyk said:

When I saw the news I thought of this pic.  I have a feeling that they will be the members of City Police. haha

Talking about this pic, who is the guy next to JH? He looks so familiar but I cannot remember where I saw him.

• Like 2

Finally done with Bad Papa. The ending was so sad but so beautiful. It all made sense. Hyukie's acting was as always amazing. No wonder he won an award for this. The drama deserves it as well. A lot of dialogues and scenes that I loved but I think my fave scene was when he was crying while he was upside down lying on his head inside the ring while his former coach tells him not to give up. Oh well, just have to wait for a month before his next project. :)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I also love the scene where he was all dressed up in the restaurant waiting for his Wife and he spoke to himself - so much emotions and those eye :) 

And surprisingly I love all the matches hahah!

The matches were great. The background songs during the matches hit all the right emotions. I love all the osts. Especially when he takes the blue pill during a match. I think that's the one by Oh Hyuk - Golden goat. My favorite match would be the last one though. Where he sends Min Woo a gesture for them to do boxing instead. Loved that.  

• Like 1