6 hours ago, budgerie said:

I think it dashed the hopes of many eligible women out there. Hahaha! Who would have guessed he would tie the knot quite soon after his military service & what more, his wife is someone he had dated for such a long time without the reporters getting wind of it.

I  love how discrete he was and is about his private life. I remember Jang Nara at the time of FTLY mentioned in passing that she doesn't know anything about his private life, so I guess he keeps his professional and private life firmly apart.

I guess you/me are not actress for these reasons. Lol. I did ask a friend long time ago (she was a model), that apart from the look & the shape of being a model, one has to have the guts to change infront of many people. One can have what it takes to be a model but if she can't strip to the minimum infront of people, she can't be a model as most of the time, changing clothes is done backstage.

But just being naked is different than actually kissing and doing an intimate scene. I remember he said that his wife being a dancer was used to such things and she encouraged him to be more open in such scenes...

I thought she did. Not press conf but I think for some photo shoot. I remember seeing her in 1 of the shoots. Or was it the drama preview where KJK & CTH also were present. I thought it was "strange" that she wasn't asked to stand next to JH. Both her & the other actress should stand next to JH right? Afterall this movie was a mess between the ladies & him (hahaha)!

I never saw her in any of the promotions of the movie... So strange...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Ok, so, I said to Gumi: Hyukie mentioned again that he wants to do melo. Melo is romance right? And she said: Yes 

And yes I 100% share the hope that he will unleash his creativity further than acting, he should write and/or direct something that will allow him to express all of that he wishes to. 

When I hear melo I always associate it with Son Ye Jin (she has a lot of melos). Gong Yoo's Goblin is also classified as a melo. And, if I'm not mistaken, Thank You is a melodrama too.

As for doing something other than acting, I'm torn on this. Some people are better with internalizing emotions rather than explaining how to internalize emotions. JH has a tendency to be long winded in his explanations, I'm trying to imagine him as a director... Maybe he can try directing once he's older? For now I want him to immortalize his youthful good looks as much as he can.

:fullofhearts:

14 hours ago, budgerie said:

Without this curtain hair ok - can? Hahaha! I would love for him to be a playboy at first until he meets the girl he likes. A rich playboy this time, he was poor in Robbers.

Maybe I'm wrong - don't bash me for saying this. But I've always had the impression that LDH likes him for real. Has a thing for him that kind of feeling. So maybe this can get pretty uncomfortable for both. Maybe he knows she likes him for real. Maybe it started after Robbers. IDK, I'm just guessing. It's difficult not to like him for real ya after 2 drama + a movie tog. Hahaha! 

Yes without the curtain and facial hair!

13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also, during the filming of Chuno, since JH was already married, everyone were trying to ship her with OJH, the media, the fans, everyone. But she wouldn't stop talking about JH. So much so that OJH's fans were trying to find excuses to explain it away.

Oh. I didn't know about LDH but makes sense (that she'll feel something). I remember reading here that he seemed more comfortable with Honey Lee (who was dating someone at the time) than Oh Yeon Seo (who was single) during SOGC.

He's very caring/attentive in general so I'm guessing it's hard not to feel something if you're in his vicinity. Was it also here that I read that FTLY had a swarm of bees/wasps attacking during the shoot of episode 4 (garden wedding) and everyone ran/covered themselves but JH's first instinct was to protect Jang Nara with his body. Everyone was gushing how heroic it was. No wonder Jang Nara looked smitten in FTLY interviews but she did make it a point to distance herself by calling him her "Hyung."

Speaking of Jang Nara, I finally dropped Voice (at episode 11) and watched the drama special Old Goodbye instead. I guess it's the closest to fantasy that I'd ever see JH in. The concept was interesting but one hour wasn't enough to do the story justice~

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I  love how discrete he was and is about his private life. I remember Jang Nara at the time of FTLY mentioned in passing that she doesn't know anything about his private life, so I guess he keeps his professional and private life firmly apart.

Which is what I admired about him too. Keeping work/family life apart. But again I say, korean reporters are still kinda kind I guess. Had it been the mainland....you know what i mean.

But just being naked is different than actually kissing and doing an intimate scene. I remember he said that his wife being a dancer was used to such things and she encouraged him to be more open in such scenes...

Ya i guess being a dancer they also have to change costumes infront of everybody else. So that's why he said his wife is ok with his intimate scenes with actresses.

I never saw her in any of the promotions of the movie... So strange...

I saw it in either youku or tudou at that time.

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

When I hear melo I always associate it with Son Ye Jin (she has a lot of melos). Gong Yoo's Goblin is also classified as a melo. And, if I'm not mistaken, Thank You is a melodrama too.

Actually initially I was confused too. So if melo is romance to the koreans, I didn't think Thank You was a romance drama.

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

JH has a tendency to be long winded in his explanations, I'm trying to imagine him as a director...

I'm trying to imagine that as well. Imagine him going on & on & on ....the actors/actresses probably would feel bored. Lol. I'm not sure about k culture - but maybe it won't happen because koreans are respectful of their elders or seniors. So even if they're bored, they'll still act attentive. Heehee!

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

Oh. I didn't know about LDH but makes sense (that she'll feel something). I remember reading here that he seemed more comfortable with Honey Lee (who was dating someone at the time) than Oh Yeon Seo (who was single) during SOGC.

I think maybe OYS did feel something for him too when they're filming? I recalled reading an article about her in chinese that she said that she's not popular with female fans but male fans are more open to her style. Having watched her in the talk show with JH, can't remember the exact title of the talk show, she was fidgeting most of the time esp with her hair. Was she nervous being with JH? Hahaha!

I like Honey Lee, not necessary all her drama since I don't really follow but I like her confidence in the way she speaks. She seemed an intelligent person.

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

No wonder Jang Nara looked smitten in FTLY interviews but she did make it a point to distance herself by calling him her "Hyung."

Hahaha ya, at that time, many netizens were speculating they both had something on.

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

watched the drama special Old Goodbye instead. I guess it's the closest to fantasy that I'd ever see JH in. The concept was interesting but one hour wasn't enough to do the story justice~

I like it how JH mentioned in that show that when you look at old photos & see the person who's been with you all these times. Treasure the person....(can't remember the exact words I watched in chinese website). But I feel those were touching.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Last filming?

7 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

As for doing something other than acting, I'm torn on this. Some people are better with internalizing emotions rather than explaining how to internalize emotions. JH has a tendency to be long winded in his explanations, I'm trying to imagine him as a director... Maybe he can try directing once he's older? For now I want him to immortalize his youthful good looks as much as he can.

:fullofhearts:

Yes without the curtain and facial hair!

He's very caring/attentive in general so I'm guessing it's hard not to feel something if you're in his vicinity. Was it also here that I read that FTLY had a swarm of bees/wasps attacking during the shoot of episode 4 (garden wedding) and everyone ran/covered themselves but JH's first instinct was to protect Jang Nara with his body. Everyone was gushing how heroic it was. No wonder Jang Nara looked smitten in FTLY interviews but she did make it a point to distance herself by calling him her "Hyung."

Speaking of Jang Nara, I finally dropped Voice (at episode 11) and watched the drama special Old Goodbye instead. I guess it's the closest to fantasy that I'd ever see JH in. The concept was interesting but one hour wasn't enough to do the story justice~

wow! So manly of him. I found the article you are talking about but in Chinese though. The staff mentioned that it was a pity they didn't take a video of rhe whole incident. Everyone was just too scared.

https://lifehappy168.pixnet.net/blog/post/155015748

• Like 4

wow! So manly of him. I found the article you are talking about but in Chinese though. The staff mentioned that it was a pity they didn't take a video of rhe whole incident. Everyone was just too scared.

https://lifehappy168.pixnet.net/blog/post/155015748

Let me share my 2 cents worth of chinese knowledge. Sorry if it wasn't perfect. The word print were too light, some words my poor eyesight cannot read. It said :

Photo of JH protecting JNR from bees were released. It brought to the attention of many people. JNR expression was afraid or shocked. She wanted to avoid the bees & JH gesture was to protect her. It was end of June & the filming was done in a school, a wedding scene. While they were in the midst of filming, suddenly hundreds of bees swamped the sky, the crew fell on the ground. But JH used his body to protect JNR, winning him cheers from the crew. Because of JH, JNR was not hurt & she was touched by his gesture.  In panic, the crew were unable to shoot a clip of how JH protected JNR.

(That's all).

I like how JH is respectful of women. From what I understand about korean culture, there is gender inequality in SK. Maybe in time to come (future generation) it will not be so much but for JH generation, it still is. And I like the fact that he respect his wife (even though she's not seen but from his interviews, when talking about his wife, he's respectful of her). And he also respects the female co stars that he works with. I've read articles of other actors in another countries, some don't respect their female co stars. Esp if she's a newbie, all the more she's subjected to having to listen to the actor (esp if he's a senior actor & she's a newbie). It's nice to know that JH doesn't use his seniority to put newbie down. Infact, in a chinese article during or after the filming of MF, the mistress of Boo Cheon said that it was JH who helped her to bond with her onscreen son. She said she has no experience with kids & JH using his fatherly experience, guided her how to come down to a kid this age to bond with him. This helped her a lot with her many scenes with her onscreen son as they were able to portray a mother-son relationship like for real.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH donated a cap for the opening of Berry store (what ever that means...)

Berry Store is a donation auction platform that conducts auctions of treasured items and talents donated by celebrities, and the proceeds are donated to charity.

I think they are doing some event with the Korean Filmmakers Association. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Blob 1

On 5/25/2021 at 1:30 AM, Jiyuu said:

Speaking of Jang Nara, I finally dropped Voice (at episode 11) and watched the drama special Old Goodbye instead.

I went back to playing the last episode at least. Story was still predictable and characters were still as bland as before... I wasn't even paying attention to their multiple chase scenes but at the last 15 minutes, when Moo Jin Hyuk goes to the columbarium and tears up a little bit, I looked up from what I was doing and properly watched. It's not his best by any stretch but it's classic JH and I can't resist his magic when the camera closes up on him being reflective and struggling to hold back his sadness. Add the 10 or so seconds of behind the scenes at the end, and I've made my peace with Voice at last.

The end credits stated how the production wished to pay tribute to the victims (that the cases were based upon) and I sighed because if that's the case, show shouldn't have focused too much on the gore but on bringing warmth and layers to the leads and supporting characters.

I can also now conclude that not even the most talented actors can salvage a story with sloppy camerawork and lackluster writing. At least two good elements must be present to neutralize the weakest of the three. 

Okay I'm gonna jump into another safe Hyukkie show to wash off my Voice distaste. I still have My Country and Beautiful Mind waiting, lucky me.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, dramafan33 said:

Here is a fan poll to vote for Jang Hyuk. If you are bored, go ahead and give it a click :P (the rules say you have to vote for three guys) 

https://www.kdramaespana.com/2021/05/23/votaciones-a-oppa-40-mr-oppazo/

Voted! For the other 2 I just chose more obscure ones hehe..

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@Prettysup YES! :wow1:

Let’s get him to the top three 

https://www.kdramaespana.com/2021/05/23/votaciones-a-oppa-40-mr-oppazo/

@Jiyuu Yes, I did love his last scene in Voice and there was one where he listened to the audio of his wife while she was getting killed which I liked too. I also found episode 8 to be entertaining because of his action scenes in that particular episode (during the rest of the drama, they just had him run around pointlessly) but on that ep, while still gratuitous and pointless I guess, I enjoyed the sequences. I remember my first disappointment was Iris 2 and since I had been in such a “Jang Hyuk” high I was shocked at my own reaction. But after that, he has done so many amazing characters and not so amazing ones, you’ll get used to it I hope. 

I hope you enjoy Beautiful Mind and MC. We’ll do a rewatch of MC (Biology and me, for now, and it will be Bangwon focused) Join our “discussions” (gushing) next week :P And after that we may do Beautiful Mind or Robber, depending on our mood. 

• Like 3

For the past 2 week I binge watching Vincenzo and The Uncanny Counter. For Vincenzo it was indeed Kim Hye Won touch through and through. The vibe almost like Money Flower but with more gore and action. The suspense ending, the music also some of location use was the same with MF, like the infamous duck hunting place. She definitely be my favorite PD now. For a woman she indeed talented in directing an action drama.

As for TUC, I now understand how JBG can be JH younger counterpart. His acting made me remember the younger JH a lot. Lots of over the top screaming also ugly crying. lol. Such a pity he's stuck with a scandal that made him lay low now. The boy sure really talented. 

Anyone know if we can suggest a drama on Viu? I think they had only 4 JH drama there and not even his most popular.  FTLY was well love still doesn't include in Viu even they had the Thai version one.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

For the past 2 week I binge watching Vincenzo and The Uncanny Counter. For Vincenzo it was indeed Kim Hye Won touch through and through. The vibe almost like Money Flower but with more gore and action. The suspense ending, the music also some of location use was the same with MF, like the infamous duck hunting place. She definitely be my favorite PD now. For a woman she indeed talented in directing an action drama.

As for TUC, I now understand how JBG can be JH younger counterpart. His acting made me remember the younger JH a lot. Lots of over the top screaming also ugly crying. lol. Such a pity he's stuck with a scandal that made him lay low now. The boy sure really talented. 

Anyone know if we can suggest a drama on Viu? I think they had only 4 JH drama there and not even his most popular.  FTLY was well love still doesn't include in Viu even they had the Thai version one.

VIU used to have Fated to Love, Chuno and beautiful mind. Sadly not there anymore. 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Next week JH will have the bandage on his hand-

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004800041?lfrom=twitter

Translation of article:

In the next ep of National Bang Bang Cook Cook,  actor Jang Hyeok once again revealed his motivation for melodrama and Cha Tae-hyun highly recommends a special character for his friend.

The sports players team Hyun Joo-yeop, Ahn Jung-hwan, and Kim Tae-gyun admired that "the actors are cool behind the scenes," seeing the backs of the actor teams Cha Tae-hyun, Jang Hyeok, and Lee Sang-yeop. The actor's team responded by saying, "The athletic team is also cool," and the atmosphere is warmly colored.

In addition, Jang Hyuk, who has always been serious about melodies, said, “A melodrama in his 40s has different emotions. I want to do such a mellow and dense drama”, revealing his strong desire. As a result, Cha Tae-hyun recommends the character 'Byeon Kang-soe' for his friend, raising questions about the birth of a passionate  mello 'Seo' that surpasses the movie 'Avengers'.

The birth process of Jang Hyeok's 2021 passionate melo movie ‘Iron’, announced by Cha Tae-hyun, will be broadcast at 5:50 pm on May 29th. 

Hahaha! So I guess Hyuk is going to act out a scene.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Do you recognize that fellow singing and laughing? Doesn't he remind you of Lee gun?! :D The more I see of the real JH, the more I realize how similar he is to LG- the sweetness, the kindness, the wackiness and goofiness, how much he cares for others and never seems to take offence... Also- the way he tosses bags and sleeping bags is suspiciously reminiscent of the way LG clears a room... :hwaiting2:The only difference is that JH has plenty of friends and is an introvert while LG is an extrovert...

I completely agree and I think about this every single time I watch Hyukie's appearances in every reality show. I think if that, along with the fact that he is an amazing actor, is what makes Lee Gun such a remarkable character. 

I am ready to watch Chuno for the first time, I should have started already but I am experiencing some hard times on my work and I want to be ok to completely focus on Chuno.

I watched Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo which I found only Ok and not excellent,  I am watching Doom at your service and Yesterday I watched the first episode of My Mister.

I really like the most old kdramas, the recent ones don't get me so much. That's why I love Robber, Thank You, SSOABG so much, I think the narrative of these dramas was different, can't explain. I'll start Chuno this weekend. Oh, and I do hope he getsto do the melo the way he wants to. He still didn't mention the news about the sageuk, right?

Oh, and about JH and LDH, their bed scene in Iris2 is terrible, he is really very uncomfortable :cry:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hyuk in a new TVC for an RPG game.

Cute CFs! I like it when he does comedic CFs.

57 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

I completely agree and I think about this every single time I watch Hyukie's appearances in every reality show. I think if that, along with the fact that he is an amazing actor, is what makes Lee Gun such a remarkable character. 

I am ready to watch Chuno for the first time, I should have started already but I am experiencing some hard times on my work and I want to be ok to completely focus on Chuno.

I also kinda delayed my watch of Chuno, as I heard so many good things about it. There was so much buildup that by the time I watched it, I was very disappointed. JH's performance is indeed iconic, but I hated everything else- the plot and the other performances. It was so bad for me, that I FF through all the scenes without JH... But I also hated Thank you because of the actress... :P

I watched Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo which I found only Ok and not excellent,  I am watching Doom at your service and Yesterday I watched the first episode of My Mister.

I have given up on watching Kdramas without JH. I think he ruined me for them... :hwaiting2:

Oh, and about JH and LDH, their bed scene in Iris2 is terrible, he is really very uncomfortable :cry:

Yeah, but LDH didn't help at all in that scene. She was stiff as a board! Really surprising considering how natural they were in Robbers... I also didn't like LDH in Chuno, but there I blame the director for her performance...

• Like 3