1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 Doesn’t the guy sound a little like the character in “The way of the househusband”? :P I hope our former assassin is badass and adorable (and beautiful)

Exactly! The role almost sounds like it's based on the manga, only probably the movie will be much more violent :) 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! I was thinking about that too!  Can totally imagine Hyuk in that role too.

Those pictures... Our sweet soft kitty- he's more than perfect for that role! 

I’m thinking of rewatching either Beautiful Mind or My Country or Robber but this time I want to do something with the rewatch. Like gifs or recaps or both. Something to give me a motivation to post on Stuck on Hyuk, our neglected little blog. 

I tried watching a show that someone mentioned online, Beethoven virus, and I just couldn't care long enough to finish the first episode! And my immediate thought was- I should just watch BM or Robbers... What are you thinking about for the rewatch? I'll join. Even for MC, but only for the JH parts... :P

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson Yes, my MC watch would be a Bangwon focused watch :yum: I think we can start with that one, it will be a super quick watch! I’ll work on the first post on the weekend. Not sure how many “scenes” I’d get to watch on one weekend but I could create a guide to watching Bangwon on MC like, which ep he appeared on, how many scenes he had, something like that. I think I should include scenes where they talk about him too. That would be super helpful in the future, YES, its decided. Im starting with MC. Let’s do this! 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Yes, my MC watch would be a Bangwon focused watch :yum: I think we can start with that one, it will be a super quick watch! I’ll work on the first post on the weekend. Not sure how many “scenes” I’d get to watch on one weekend but I could create a guide to watching Bangwon on MC like, which ep he appeared on, how many scenes he had, something like that. I think I should include scenes where they talk about him too. That would be super helpful in the future, YES, its decided. Im starting with MC. Let’s do this! 

I'm in!

In the mean time, LSY posted this post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPG9Nvil7-X/

Looks like he is saying goodbye to the cooking show as the filming ended, but as to his caption- is cryptic writing something that is taught in Korean schools? :DI thought it was just the synopsis of shows and movies that are unclear and vague, but looks like it's just the way Korean express themselves... Very flowery... Why can't he just say "Filming done, had fun with my cast mates"?! :blink:

I think this is a really nice farewell to his cast mates, but I really can't be sure... Too poetic for me :P

The translation of the caption:

"#My Growth Drama
It is very important that my face in a comfortable entertainment show that is different from the work I live under the name of someone other than Lee Sang-yeop contains the years and worries I have been living at the time intact.
Time with my acting masters in my life.
Time with the legends who took charge of my last dawn and weekend.
The time that taught me that I was a fool"

• Like 3

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think the " laying on his wife's a$$: in Japanese means she wears the pants in the family. So the killer  is a hen-pecked husband. Hahaha!  This is going to be comical and yet a cool role. I love that! 

Maybe is his way of disguise  so that people won't suspect that he's a killer. Infront of everyone else he's a henpecked husband but in reality, he's a ruthless killer. Wait, is this a movie or drama? Drama will be good....he can explore his henpecked husband role to the fullest. Lol.

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Even for MC, but only for the JH parts... :P

Is there a link just for BW scenes? Hoping hoping there is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

A clip from the next episode :) How can JH be so soft and sweet?! But notice something- JH is not moving his left hand. keeping it down all the time... I guess it's already injured here

Haha! He's so cute. I think he picked up the wrong item since he lost the rock , Paper, scissor game. He should be picking up the bowl to cover his head..lol

And yes I saw how he held his left arm close to his body. Wonder how he is going to do chopping with one hand. Hope he  recovers soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! He's so cute. I think he picked up the wrong item since he lost the rock , Paper, scissor game. He should be picking up the bowl to cover his head..lol

And yes I saw how he held his left arm close to his body. Wonder how he is going to do chopping with one hand. Hope he  recovers soon.

The basketball player is really aggressive and really physical, but even he stopped and asked before he hit JH on his head

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

The basketball player is really aggressive and really physical, but even he stopped and asked before he hit JH on his head

I think he would hit harder if it was someone else. He looks intimidating  but it wasn't a hard knock. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he would hit harder if it was someone else. He looks intimidating  but it wasn't a hard knock. 

Yeah, he was gentle at the end. For him :) 

Jane translated the clip- indeed JH shouldn't have gone for the hammer when he lost :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yeah, he was gentle at the end. For him :) 

Jane translated the clip- indeed JH shouldn't have gone for the hammer when he lost :) 

The Moo Jin-Hyuk's instinct kicking in. Grab a weapon and hit first.

• LOL 2

I'm currently halfway-through with Voice and I'm getting headaches from the camerawork. JH's character is pretty straightforward (which shouldn't be a problem, I enjoyed his equally straightforward character in The Flu) but there's something so unappealing with how they handled the show that I can't fangirl over him like I usually do. 

I generally like detective dramas even if I can see some plot-twists ahead. And for Tell Me What You Saw, it wasn't perfect but I enjoyed seeing him there.

But I just can't believe I'm not enjoying Voice at all. I expected my worst JH series "spot" for some other show (where the story isn't my cup of tea) but now it seems like Voice gets it. I'm not enjoying the show overall and JH's character.:Furious:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

46 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I'm currently halfway-through with Voice and I'm getting headaches from the camerawork. JH's character is pretty straightforward (which shouldn't be a problem, I enjoyed his equally straightforward character in The Flu) but there's something so unappealing with how they handled the show that I can't fangirl over him like I usually do. 

I with you. I'm baffled as to why so many people love Voice, and especially love JH's character. I thought it was a horrible character, mostly stupid, that showed absolutely no growth. A complete waste of JH's talent and time! (which is why I'm glad he didn't continue to do the second season...). Besides not liking his character, I also hated the show itself- I thought the super-hearing gimmick of the FL was stupid in the extreme, as a computer program and a good sound technician could have done a far better job than she did- I couldn't stand her complete uselessness while JH's character was being attacked and kidnapped... <_< the main arc could have been resolved in two episodes, so they stretched it over the entire show by making the two main characters horrible detectives and generally speaking, idiots. 

I generally like detective dramas even if I can see some plot-twists ahead. And for Tell Me What You Saw, it wasn't perfect but I enjoyed seeing him there.

I also agree, that even though TMWYS didn't live up to my expectations, it was still much better than Voice. I actually think OHJ is a fantastic character! 

But I just can't believe I'm not enjoying Voice at all. I expected my worst JH series "spot" for some other show (where the story isn't my cup of tea) but now it seems like Voice gets it. I'm not enjoying the show overall and JH's character.

My three most disliked shows of JH is Voice, WOL and Tazza. While I did manage to finish Voice (while yelling abuse at the TV), both WOL and Tazaa I dropped in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Jiyuu @Biology Lesson I agree with both of you. However, I tolerate WOL mainly because I thought JH was cute in it but no cuteness in Voice. Iris 2 is also bad (although JHs character was simply boring, not irritating) and The Merchant (in this case, the character was irritating in a different way) So, aside from bad writing, I guess my “biggest” issue, is when JHs character is annoying, dumb and/or unsexy :P (shallow me) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 5/20/2021 at 8:13 PM, dramafan33 said:

I’m thinking of rewatching either Beautiful Mind or My Country or Robber but this time I want to do something with the rewatch. Like gifs or recaps or both. Something to give me a motivation to post on Stuck on Hyuk, our neglected little blog. 

Let me know which show you decide on. I'll join you. I thought A Beautiful Mind will be the Editor's Choice watch on KFG's site but it isn't, so...

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

My three most disliked shows of JH is Voice, WOL and Tazza. While I did manage to finish Voice (while yelling abuse at the TV), both WOL and Tazaa I dropped in the middle.

I saw people elsewhere gushing about Voice and thought it can't be bad even if here on our thread it isn't on anyone's list. Now I see why. And Moo Jin Hyuk had those moments where he was shouting the end of his sentences (without the need to) which I really disliked.

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I tolerate WOL mainly because I thought JH was cute in it but no cuteness in Voice. Iris 2 is also bad (although JHs character was simply boring, not irritating) and The Merchant (in this case, the character was irritating in a different way) So, aside from bad writing, I guess my “biggest” issue, is when JHs character is annoying, dumb and/or unsexy :P (shallow me) 

I checked out the first episode of WOL, I'm not sure yet if the story is something I'll like but he is indeed cute in it. Before Voice, I never thought I would encounter a character of JH that doesn't grip me at all. He's played unlikeable characters before but my eyes were always, always glued on him. 

Moo Jin Hyuk shouldn't be unlikeable but I can't see any reason to care for him either. He's not as pretty here (shallow me also) as usual too. His clothes and hair and role are the same in Urban Cops but I LOVED Urban Cops! 

I'm seriously considering dropping this. I'm pretty sure it's the first JH drama that I considered to voluntarily stop watching (I struggled with some of his other dramas but I've always planned to continue watching them again). This one, not at all. Voice really caught me by surprise.

:brokenheart:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

Let me know which show you decide on. I'll join you. I thought A Beautiful Mind will be the Editor's Choice watch on KFG's site but it isn't, so...

I saw people elsewhere gushing about Voice and thought it can't be bad even if here on our thread it isn't on anyone's list. Now I see why. And Moo Jin Hyuk had those moments where he was shouting the end of his sentences (without the need to) which I really disliked.

I checked out the first episode of WOL, I'm not sure yet if the story is something I'll like but he is indeed cute in it. Before Voice, I never thought I would encounter a character of JH that doesn't grip me at all. He's played unlikeable characters before but my eyes were always, always glued on him. 

The reason I dropped WOL was the FL. I just couldn't stand her! And the fact that JH's character was so unjustifiably in love with her made the show unbearable to me! In addition, this is the first show that I actually thought JH's acting was bad! I admit he had iffy moments in SOGC, but I never saw him being so bad! Even in Voice, where I disliked him character, but I can't blame his acting for it. The interesting thing is that JH later said that he felt lost during the filming of the WOL as the director didn't give him any direction besides telling him to be himself. So, I guess this explains his acting in the show. I will say that the only good thing about the show was the bromance between the lead and JH's character. 

Moo Jin Hyuk shouldn't be unlikeable but I can't see any reason to care for him either. He's not as pretty here (shallow me also) as usual too. His clothes and hair and role are the same in Urban Cops but I LOVED Urban Cops! 

I'm seriously considering dropping this. I'm pretty sure it's the first JH drama that I considered to voluntarily stop watching (I struggled with some of his other dramas but I've always planned to continue watching them again). This one, not at all. Voice really caught me by surprise.

Well, these things happen... :) Actually, I think JH is unique in the number of projects that are actually good! I think it's quite rare for any actor to have so many good projects and roles. So I forgive the occasional miss... :D

• Like 3