10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The things I do for JH... @azureblue7I tried watching "Marry me now", and- it's a soap with bad acting. Really bad... I was trying to get through the first episode, but I failed... Are we sure it's the same writer?!

Hahaha!  I'll lower my expectations more then.  But reviews of the drama did mention the story takes time to develop  but the character development and storyline are good.. It's 50 eps..:facepalm:

• LOL 2

6 hours ago, nyk said:

I didn't expect that it would be Saguek! :tears:  Anyway I should be happy that he has a new drama but 2022?? too long huh.

Same! I was really in the mood for something modern and contemporary and tvN hehe But I'm happy if it's confirmed anyway.

Maybe because my English is not so good, from what I understood about Park Gye Won's description, to me he looks like an ancient wise figure so I'm kind of expecting Heavy makeup and characterization...

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk in saeguk! Can't say no coz he always look beautiful in there. lol.

Also, about that Daesang. I don't think he received it young coz most of his peers received it way earlier than him. Can't say a name but sometimes they don't really deserved it. Also, Moon Geun Young I think the youngest ever received the Daesang at 22. When JH got it, I just think it was about damn time. lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Jang Hyuk in saeguk! Can't say no coz he always look beautiful in there. lol.

Also, about that Daesang. I don't think he received it young coz most of his peers received it way earlier than him. Can't say a name but sometimes they don't really deserved it. Also, Moon Geun Young I think the youngest ever received the Daesang at 22. When JH got it, I just think it was about damn time. lol

JH said that he was the youngest to win in KBS. I'm sure there are plenty of people that won, but didn't deserve it, but that is not the case with JH. He most certainly deserved it. This is why I don't understand why CTH said what he said

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Prettysup said:

"Absolute monarch" Lee Joon vs. "Kingmaker" Jang Hyuk will face off in "Red Dansim"

According to a report by Hankyung Dotcom on the 17th May, Lee Joon and Jang Hyuk will  face off in KBS new saguek drama 'Red Dansim'.

Lee Joon will play the role of 'absolute monarch' Lee Tae, who wants to strengthen his power and assassinate those who go against him.

Jang Hyuk will play the role of 'kingmaker' Park Gye-won, who fights against Lee Tae. He wants to create a good monarchy.

Attention is focusing on how popular Lee Joon, who has been recognized for his luxury acting skills, and Jang Hyuk, who boasts an irreplaceable presence, will perform.

"Red Dansim" is a fiction historical drama that begins when Lee Tae, the enemy son-in-law of King Seonjong, who became king after Banjeong, ascended the throne of Joseon. Unlike his father, who was a weak monarch, Lee Tae wants to be an absolute monarch. Park Gye-won won credit from leading a successful rebellion, confronts Lee Tae in his efforts to make the king a "flower of the royal family" 

The drama is slated to be broadcast in the first half of 2022.

01.26370815.1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202105179796H

Actors I like keep signing up for sageuks right and left and I'm so tired of sageuks, especially ones completely centered on politics. Ugh. I love Lee Joon though. He's really talented. I think he would make an excellent partner for JH. 

Lee Joon just started filming a drama for tvN and with Covid restrictions, tvN dramas have been taking anywhere from 6-8 months to film. IF this news is true, October would probably be the earliest this could start filming, which means it likely wouldn't air until later in the first half of 2022. 

Speaking of sageuks, is anyone here watching Bossam: Steal the Fate? I'm not really a sageuk fan but this one is really good. Jung Il-woo plays the male lead and is doing a great job, but I could have seen JH in the role. 

The things I do for JH... @azureblue7I tried watching "Marry me now", and- it's a soap with bad acting. Really bad... I was trying to get through the first episode, but I failed... Are we sure it's the same writer?!

Marry Me Now is a typical KBS weekender, which means a soap. They have a pretty specific kind of format. If it's the same writer, you can't really tell how good or bad they are from it. JMO from having watched tons of KBS weekenders. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Same! I was really in the mood for something modern and contemporary and tvN hehe But I'm happy if it's confirmed anyway.

Maybe because my English is not so good, from what I understood about Park Gye Won's description, to me he looks like an ancient wise figure so I'm kind of expecting Heavy makeup and characterization...

He could be anything at this point but, Im thinking he might be in the military if he got prestige from successfully leading a revolt or rebellion (?) but he also could be a scholar but I’d prefer military (cause uniforms) 

@qynn Im already expecting chemistry between Lee Joon and JH. Both can be so intense! 

From what I could tell (and not gonna lie, I also asked Gumi lol) these characters all seem fictional. The advantage in that case is the characters won’t have to be tied to history and can go in any direction. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

No mention of filming of Bang Bang Cook Cook. Is next week the last ep?

I think they filmed at least two additional episodes- one in which JH had a bandage or something on his hand, and I thought I saw another post- one of the makeup people was posting pics and vids, right? Also, it's possible that they will simply replace JH like they did the swimmer and continue if the show is doing well

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

He could be anything at this point but, Im thinking he might be in the military if he got prestige from successfully leading a revolt or rebellion (?) but he also could be a scholar but I’d prefer military (cause uniforms) 

@qynn Im already expecting chemistry between Lee Joon and JH. Both can be so intense! 

From what I could tell (and not gonna lie, I also asked Gumi lol) these characters all seem fictional. The advantage in that case is the characters won’t have to be tied to history and can go in any direction. 

Yeah I think he will be some military general or something. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Prettysup said:

No, he is not the King. He is someone (general maybe?) that opposes the bad King.

Hope it's not so boring with many scenes of all the Court Officials discussing politics. :confounded:

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

A fan on twitter mentioned his role sounds like Kang Pil Joo. :love:

Pil Joo wearing costumes now...haha! I don't mind, if he's given lots of screen time. If he'll be some sort of a General, he'll definitely have a wife. Let's hope we have some scenes of him with his wife so that it isn't so boring just looking at all the court officials.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Hope it's not so boring with many scenes of all the Court Officials discussing politics. :confounded:

Pil Joo wearing costumes now...haha! I don't mind, if he's given lots of screen time. If he'll be some sort of a General, he'll definitely have a wife. Let's hope we have some scenes of him with his wife so that it isn't so boring just looking at all the court officials.

I won't put my hopes too high on the wife part haha:P

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh, I hope not a wife! Established relationships are usually boring in shows, like in Bad papa. I want passion! So I hope whoever JH's character will be, general or not, I hope he will fall in love during the show... God, anything that will prevent the show from being all politics! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

No mention of filming of Bang Bang Cook Cook. Is next week the last ep?

Oh maybe 

2 hours ago, Ding77 said:

I won't put my hopes too high on the wife part haha:P

Haha true, luckily I am not interested in the romance aspect  anyway unlike many of u here 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

From the gym today... Notice JH is not using his left hand. According to the caption that Jane wrote, his left hand is injured- 

Did he get hurt while preparing for new killer role ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

No wonder he was wearing the wrist brace on his left hand in this picture 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COHu3LogMlT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Looking at the date, the picture is from 26 of April. In the picture after that from May 4th I don't see a brace, so hopefully it's getting better. 

Great that you found the pic- this shows that there are at least two more episodes for the cooking show...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Don't know if this is real, but this post suggests that JH's new show is planned to be aired on 4/4 next year... So plenty of time for JH to grow out his hair :) 

I'm happy that the drama will be released but I'm also sad that it'll be almost a year's wait...:blush::dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1