JH is asking hard hitting questions about the smurfs- why are they not wearing tops while they are wearing hats?!:omg:

Asides from being hilarious, it's interesting cause these are the kinds of questions I had when I was little, wondering about silly things that don't make sense in cartoons and shows, things that now I just accept and move on. It's amazing that JH was able to maintain that way to thinking... :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/COU3JWTp4H7/

Edit: Jane has posted a more detailed translation... JH is so serious- About everything! Actually I've heard a little bit about what JH is talking about here. It's actually quite interesting...

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVDlYqJw3w/

• LOL 3

@Biology Lesson When he did that travel show in California, he wondered if the seals from there would “speak the same language” as the seals from Korea. And he said, that it would be great  if only humans were like them (speak the same language, everything would be so simple) That was the first time it struck me that he has these pure thoughts like a child or a “pot head” :joy: Furthermore, the interviewer seemed amused and enchanted by this (from what I recall), it was a more traditional travel show and not aimed to be “a comedy” so he’d let him ramble on. In fact, that trip was all about JH making observations, wondering and rambling about everything he saw. It was really cute and I wish the show was still out there with eng subs. Sadly I haven’t found it (Viki had it years ago) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson When he did that travel show in California, he wondered if the seals from there would “speak the same language” as the seals from Korea. And he said, that it would be great  if only humans were like them (speak the same language, everything would be so simple) That was the first time it struck me that he has these pure thoughts like a child or a “pot head” :joy: Furthermore, the interviewer seemed amused and enchanted by this (from what I recall), it was a more traditional travel show and not aimed to be “a comedy” so he’d let him ramble on. In fact, that trip was all about JH making observations, wondering and rambling about everything he saw. It was really cute and I wish the show was still out there with eng subs. Sadly I haven’t found it (Viki had it years ago) 

I don't even understand how his mind works! He seems to be enchanted by everything and anything, and can find meaning and fascination in things that I will dismiss as mundane. You mentioned pot head, and I know that many "artistic" people actually smoke pot all the time, to "get the creative juices flowing", as they term it. Looks like JH is naturally like that :) I remember his acting teacher said that he didn't think JH would ever make it as an actor since he didn't seem to be making progress, but then he said that he realized that it wasn't that he wasn't making any progress, it was that he was taking a different path that even the acting teacher couldn't understand...

What he said about Smurfette is actually fascinating, and on Jane's post people are actually having a discussion on what JH said:

rostandknows

Her purpose was simply to be The Female. BUT, that left her many sides of a personality to show, not like the other more one-dimensional ones. That shows the error male-writers make in throwing in Female characters JUST to say they have one. Ugh! He's got me doing it!!
56m
    • @rostandknows Its actually what Hyuk says though. She was one of the main and more “developed” characters precisely because she had an “identity crisis”. Gargamel created her to “disrupt” The Smurfs little “male only” world and that she did, but in turn she became the most interesting Smurf too. It must’ve been intentional otherwise they wouldn’t have made her such a center of attention in the show (I went to the same Smurf College as Hyuk lol)
      39m

How JH goes in depth with the "Smurfette" character is interesting, and love it that he doesn't just dismiss her as a children character! This also explains how he manages to develop characters that are so foreign to his character. He seems to be fascinated by people and fictional characters, and the fact that he likes almost everyone, I guess, stems from his ability to see their characters in a slightly different way...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't even understand how his mind works! He seems to be enchanted by everything and anything, and can find meaning and fascination in things that I will dismiss as mundane. You mentioned pot head, and I know that many "artistic" people actually smoke pot all the time, to "get the creative juices flowing", as they term it. Looks like JH is naturally like that :) I remember his acting teacher said that he didn't think JH would ever make it as an actor since he didn't seem to be making progress, but then he said that he realized that it wasn't that he wasn't making any progress, it was that he was taking a different path that even the acting teacher couldn't understand...

What he said about Smurfette is actually fascinating, and on Jane's post people are actually having a discussion on what JH said:

rostandknows

Her purpose was simply to be The Female. BUT, that left her many sides of a personality to show, not like the other more one-dimensional ones. That shows the error male-writers make in throwing in Female characters JUST to say they have one. Ugh! He's got me doing it!!
56m
    • @rostandknows Its actually what Hyuk says though. She was one of the main and more “developed” characters precisely because she had an “identity crisis”. Gargamel created her to “disrupt” The Smurfs little “male only” world and that she did, but in turn she became the most interesting Smurf too. It must’ve been intentional otherwise they wouldn’t have made her such a center of attention in the show (I went to the same Smurf College as Hyuk lol)
      39m

How JH goes in depth with the "Smurfette" character is interesting, and love it that he doesn't just dismiss her as a children character! This also explains how he manages to develop characters that are so foreign to his character. He seems to be fascinated by people and fictional characters, and the fact that he likes almost everyone, I guess, stems from his ability to see their characters in a slightly different way...

He is always curious and always thinking which is really good for someone his age - must stimulate the mind more in order to stay active not just physically but mentally as well :) 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes. I saw it on Running Man. The ears will start moving wildly if they lie. Hyuk will be cute wearing them..Lol.

Haha yea that's good, no pain compare to the other one and like you said cute.  Korean shows are really into games.  What game would you all like to see Jang Hyuk do on variety shows?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha yea that's good, no pain compare to the other one and like you said cute.  Korean shows are really into games.  What game would you all like to see Jang Hyuk do on variety shows?

I'm kinda confused about the game with the ears- when were they supposed to move? Cause when JH played, he didn't say anything and they moved. The footballer was essentially insulting him, and the ears moved slightly. So do they move when he's getting angry or if he is planning to lie? Cause, again, he didn't say anything...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I want to be on RM to promote his new movie. Any game is fine. Just like his interaction with Yoo Jaesuk. So funny.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm kinda confused about the game with the ears- when were they supposed to move? Cause when JH played, he didn't say anything and they moved. The footballer was essentially insulting him, and the ears moved slightly. So do they move when he's getting angry or if he is planning to lie? Cause, again, he didn't say anything...

The fluffy ears can detect the users' brain activity, and generates a matching expression; the ears perk up when they concentrate or flop down when users enter a relaxed state of mind. So it shows he is  affected when Ahn mentioned his martial arts and hair..:joy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

The fluffy ears can detect the users' brain activity, and generates a matching expression; the ears perk up when they concentrate or flop down when users enter a relaxed state of mind. So it shows he is  affected when Ahn mentioned his martial arts and hair..:joy:

Oh... so it's more like being affected by being insulted... What did the footballer say after? he was very animated

I wonder why JH didn't say anything. When they played the truth game with the shocking device on Yacht Expedition, he was very cutting. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh... so it's more like being affected by being insulted... What did the footballer say after? he was very animated

I wonder why JH didn't say anything. When they played the truth game with the shocking device on Yacht Expedition, he was very cutting. 

He told Hyuk, you know it's a joke right? 

Maybe he sees him as a Hyung, he doesn't want to be cutting just to demo a game. 

• Like 2

Have anyone watched Vincenzo? Kim Hee-won (aka Money Flower's director) directs this drama.

After knowing it's her work I love this drama even more. It is such a cool drama. reminds me of Money Flower the way she directed it. I just hope JH works with her again.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nyk said:

Have anyone watched Vincenzo? Kim Hee-won (aka Money Flower's director) directs this drama.

After knowing it's her work I love this drama even more. It is such a cool drama. reminds me of Money Flower the way she directed it. I just hope JH works with her again.

Yes, I'm watching it now.  The last ep ending was a bit off for me, but it's the few dramas I'm watching now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yes, I'm watching it now.  The last ep ending was a bit off for me, but it's the few dramas I'm watching now.

agree with you about the last ep ending 

the ways they shot the scenes for example; shooting from the back while Vincenzo is walking with slow motion or zooming in to his face and eyes... this is the thing I want when I watch JH's drama lol 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nyk said:

On my watch list coz SJK is my bae too. Lol. Plus KHW as director.

• Like 2