@Biology Lesson I blame Sidus entirely for the Eve drama. They sent him to China as a cash cow instead of consolidating his career in Korea. Absolute greedy morons, basically. I think JH has much more control of his career now in comparison to at that time. 

I remember hearing or reading that there were plans (not sure if his or the agency) for him to go to a temple or something like that to get formally trained in martial arts but I don’t remember why the plans changed and/or when that was. It would’ve probably changed the direction of his career but I wonder if we would’ve lost Lee Gun, Lee Young Oh, Piljoo etc 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Coming soon

159898290_1927774664064853_8010691476767

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Since this came up again, it should be true right? Pleaseeeee..

I am quite sure he has signed up for something, just that the filming schedule got delayed.

He is not the picky type hehe..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I blame Sidus entirely for the Eve drama. They sent him to China as a cash cow instead of consolidating his career in Korea. Absolute greedy morons, basically. I think JH has much more control of his career now in comparison to at that time. 

Exactly! That Eve drama was a misfit & that hairstyle he had in the Eve drama!! Worse than curtain hairstyle! 

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I remember hearing or reading that there were plans (not sure if his or the agency) for him to go to a temple or something like that to get formally trained in martial arts but I don’t remember why the plans changed and/or when that was. It would’ve probably changed the direction of his career but I wonder if we would’ve lost Lee Gun, Lee Young Oh, Piljoo etc 

Yes, was it Wudang Mountains in China?? And for 5 years!! Luckily he didn't go or I won't get to see Pil Joo...sob sob!!

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Hopefully but at the same time, as soon as a drama is announced Ill start obsessing about who is the writer? Who is the PD? Why how what when who? Etc 

At the rate that we're missing him, any drama also can right? At most we just FF. But please no another WOL.

But actually, the FL lead (her screen character or her acting) annoyed me terribly in WOL. If changed to another actress maybe it won't be so bad??

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Exactly! That Eve drama was a misfit & that hairstyle he had in the Eve drama!! Worse than curtain hairstyle! 

Ugh! That horrible hair style! Can't imagine why JH agreed to that...

Yes, was it Wudang Mountains in China?? And for 5 years!! Luckily he didn't go or I won't get to see Pil Joo...sob sob!!

Also, JH has proven he didn't need to do that. Considering even martial arts fans are impressed with JH's skills in The Swordsman, I think JH got skilled enough. And you have the addition of his own input that makes the fight scenes unique, so you have something no other actor can copy.

At the rate that we're missing him, any drama also can right? At most we just FF. But please no another WOL.

Considering the reaction to The swordsman, I don't want another drama- I think JH should do another action movie, preferable a grittier sequel to The Swordsman.

But if he does another drama- please be it a drama for one of the streaming services... 

But actually, the FL lead (her screen character or her acting) annoyed me terribly in WOL. If changed to another actress maybe it won't be so bad??

I think the writing made her extra annoying, and the fact that JH's character love for her was never justified, made me hate her even more. But I agree- the actress didn't help here at all... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the writing made her extra annoying, and the fact that JH's character love for her was never justified, made me hate her even more. But I agree- the actress didn't help here at all... 

The writing, her acting + her screen character & her HAIR !!! :confounded:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

The writing, her acting + her screen character & her HAIR !!! :confounded:

WOL was a complete waste of JH's time. I wish that instead of that show, he'd have taken advantage of Lee Mi Suk's availability and done a show with her being his love interest, and not his mother, of all things... So idiotic!

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

WOL was a complete waste of JH's time. I wish that instead of that show, he'd have taken advantage of Lee Mi Suk's availability and done a show with her being his love interest, and not his mother, of all things... So idiotic!

Is it me or you also feel it that LMS acting in WOL was bland....

I wish JH will stop appearing in drama that - sorry how should I phrase it? Like for instance, WOL, play 2nd to the ML & in MC, play 2nd to the 2 young chaps. Can he stop being a mentor??

Ok, don't blast me. I'm selfish. I want my Pil Joo back. Not Ji Sung please. Hahaha!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I know! Way to kill our Piljoo - Mal Ran buzz with her playing his mother, ugh! :expressionless:

Exactly! They were amazing together in MF. I wish to see her unleashed with JH... :D

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is it me or you also feel it that LMS acting in WOL was bland....

I thought casting her as the mother was a horrible choice, incomprehensible, as she had another role in the show, and they didn't even explain why she's appearing in two roles in the show. The makeup was so distracting, that it made the scenes that she was in feel fake, and ruined their emotional effect. It should have been an actual elderly actress- Sumi could have been great, come to think about it!

As to her acting- can't say cause the makeup was too distracting for me, but I actually think that JH's perfomance in WOL was one of the worst that I've seen him do. He said that he felt lost, and it felt like he was. So even if she was bland, I can't blame her. But I've seen LMS in one other show- Jealousy Incarnate (horrible show... ), and I wasn't impressed with her acting there. I don't know if she ever was allowed to really act like she was in MF...

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I wish JH will stop appearing in drama that - sorry how should I phrase it? Like for instance, WOL, play 2nd to the ML & in MC, play 2nd to the 2 young chaps. Can he stop being a mentor??

Ok, don't blast me. I'm selfish. I want my Pil Joo back. Not Ji Sung please. Hahaha!

Oh, I won't blast you! :) I agree with you. In WOL I understand that he was indeed asked to support the male lead, but in MC he simply wanted to play BW again. 

I just want him to be allowed to do roles that challange him with a good story

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Nice!! But they photoshopped his hairy legs..

Girlie (hairless) legs & his boobs looked weird, like cardboard.

15 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Another one, what his hairstyle will be. :loolz:

@dramafan33I'm not the only one obsessed with hair! Hahaha!

• LOL 2

Looks like the broadcast of JH's new variety show will be postponed to April 10th... I saw this post from Zoi, and in the translation it suggests that this might be connected to bullying allegations against one of the sport's guys, the tall guy from Veteran Giant... We're talking about things he might have done in school when he was young...

https://www.mbn.co.kr/vod/programMain/862

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, azureblue7 said:

Nice!! But they photoshopped his hairy legs..

They even erased the moles on his neck  :(

I honestly don't like the post production for this Spring/Summer photoshoot at all. Too sloppy, it doesn't seem like it's done by a professional. 

On 3/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, azureblue7 said:

I finally finished subbing sumi's Lodge.. :crazymad:

This last part about Kiseop's story is so sad..:dissapointed_relieved:

You did an amazing job with these subs. Thanks to you we can understand such important things that they said. :heart:

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, janghaesoo said:

They even erased the moles on his neck  :(

I honestly don't like the post production for this Spring/Summer photoshoot at all. Too sloppy, it doesn't seem like it's done by a professional. 

I agree. I actually think the whole execution of the photo shoot was badly done. Seeing JH stand on a fence is very strange... why would anyone do that?! Usually their photoshoots simulate an extreme sports situation or just being in the elements, so seeing him just stand in a garden is also strange. As to the post production- in some of the pics it looks like Ki Sup used his filter on the pics... <_<

1 hour ago, janghaesoo said:

You did an amazing job with these subs. Thanks to you we can understand such important things that they said. :heart:

I Join the sentiment  here! @azureblue7 thank you so much for making the effort and translating these interviews!!! :heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Love 1