21 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Glad he reflected on his rash act ..

I was amazed by how self aware he is! He knows exactly who he is, what are his strengths and weaknesses... I have to say watching this episode made me even more impressed with him, but also by how kind he is. His friend saying that JH worries about him even more than his own parents... calling Minho away from the fire after Minho spent 10 min in the furnace room and telling him to take care, while JH himself spent half an hour lighting that fire while breathing all that smoke. It was such a small moment, but tells so much about JH...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I was amazed by how self aware he is! He knows exactly who he is, what are his strengths and weaknesses... I have to say watching this episode made me even more impressed with him, but also by how kind he is. His friend saying that JH worries about him even more than his own parents... calling Minho away from the fire after Minho spent 10 min in the furnace room and telling him to take care, while JH himself spent half an hour lighting that fire while breathing all that smoke. It was such a small moment, but tells so much about JH...

I noticed that too. He also asked the rest to clap for Park gun, the guy who dug their first food, kudzu. Maybe  a small gesture but I think it made that him feel good.  He has really high empathy. And noticed he didn't eat any persimmons at all despite being hungry too. He must be starving after doing so much work. He only ate one after his friend offered it to him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ahhh Im falling more for him :please:

About him being a little weird (in the most adorkable way) maybe that’s why he likes the song “I’m a creep! I’m a weirdoooo” so much ( but he is not a creep just a weirdo lol) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Ahhh Im falling more for him 

That's exactly how I felt while I watched the episode :) I didn't even know that it's possible, but apparently it is...

JH is such a prominent presence in the episode (he even did the voice over in the beginning, if I'm not mistaken), and it's not like he's trying to draw attention to himself. He just does stuff that needs to be done.

I think here we finally see how he really is at work and why people that know him love him so much. He's so at ease, so calm, a natural leader, but not overbearing. Gently funny and not above admitting it when he's wrong. Will do everything for the people around him.. 

And his relationship with his friend is so sweet! They take care of each, while being able to tease. It's like his friend is his man Friday, while JH takes care of him too. JH told him to go tell Minho come out of the furnace room... 

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

About him being a little weird (in the most adorkable way) maybe that’s why he likes the song “I’m a creep! I’m a weirdoooo” so much ( but he is not a creep just a weirdo lol) 

You might be right :D How did we get so lucky?!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

calling Minho away from the fire after Minho spent 10 min in the furnace room and telling him to take care, while JH himself spent half an hour lighting that fire while breathing all that smoke. It was such a small moment, but tells so much about JH...

Actually, I think since he spent the 30 mins and been through it, probably more reason why he worries for Minho even more.  I think he suffer himself hence he said "go save Minho" and not like switch spots or simply relieve him of his duty etc.  Just like JH said if he start something he has to finish it or else he feels like he failed and that's why he stay over.  Although I'm sure either way he would of been sweet and caring to everyone.

I also think he would of been more comfortable eating if they had brought food back and the whole group was eating at same time, but since he doesn't know what they've gather so far and some people haven't ate yet it turns more into serious and responsibility feel.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Actually, I think since he spent the 30 mins and been through it, probably more reason why he worries for Minho even more.  I think he suffer himself hence he said "go save Minho" and not like switch spots or simply relieve him of his duty etc.  Just like JH said if he start something he has to finish it or else he feels like he failed and that's why he stay over.  Although I'm sure either way he would of been sweet and caring to everyone.

Oh, I didn't mean he told his friend to switch with Minho, but to make him come out of that room. Still, seems like what JH demands of himself, he wants to spare others from, and I find that amazing. The fact remains that he was aware enough of Minho's whereabout to notice the amount of time he was in the furnace room, even with all the people around, and this is something many of his costars commented about- about how he will give them medicine when they fell ill, about how he would send a wetsuit before they are about to do a scene falling into water, or simply giving candy to an exhausted costar....

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I also think he would of been more comfortable eating if they had brought food back and the whole group was eating at same time, but since he doesn't know what they've gather so far and some people haven't ate yet it turns more into serious and responsibility feel.

You are probably right...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I didn't mean he told his friend to switch with Minho, but to make him come out of that room. Still, seems like what JH demands of himself, he wants to spare others from, and I find that amazing. The fact remains that he was aware enough of Minho's whereabout to notice the amount of time he was in the furnace room, even with all the people around, and this is something many of his costars commented about- about how he will give them medicine when they fell ill, about how he would send a wetsuit before they are about to do a scene falling into water, or simply giving candy to an exhausted costar....

You are probably right...

Yea, I knew what you meant, but just adding on to it.  I agree he's observant or "aware" as already mentioned since he's not trying so hard to gain attention etc., I think this also allows him to observe more where variety show stands.  In general, like you mentioned of his demand of himself and since he's a sweet guy that's why I said he would of been caring/attentive regardless.

How is it even when they say he's getting revenge back in the next episode or to help his friend get rid of laziness that he still sounds so nice.?!?  Heaven knows he could look and sound intimidating, but the choice of words he uses and the way he laughs as he convinces other person to do the right thing is just too adorable.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I was amazed by how self aware he is! He knows exactly who he is, what are his strengths and weaknesses...

Actually all of us know our strengths & weaknesses. It's only that most of us choose to ignore our weaknesses or try to hide it to the people around us. For him, he acknowledged his weakness & this itself is a virtue not many of us possessed. Plus also he's very caring towards others. Remember the Director in MF said he helped Boo Cheon in his role...?? Other people would have want to compete with between PJ & Boo Cheon for the highest award but JH didn't go for that. He helped BC to get into the role & I must say, the actor who did BC really acted very well in MF. I've watched him in other drama but not fantastic.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea, I knew what you meant, but just adding on to it.  I agree he's observant or "aware" as already mentioned since he's not trying so hard to gain attention etc., I think this also allows him to observe more where variety show stands.  In general, like you mentioned of his demand of himself and since he's a sweet guy that's why I said he would of been caring/attentive regardless.

How is it even when they say he's getting revenge back in the next episode or to help his friend get rid of laziness that he still sounds so nice.?!?  Heaven knows he could look and sound intimidating, but the choice of words he uses and the way he laughs as he convinces other person to do the right thing is just too adorable.

I don't think he is getting revenge. Most probably edited to make the whole thing funny. He's too cute.

Love his witty retaliation when his close friends tease him. He is funnier when he is with his close friends probably because he knows they won't get offended. When he's with someone new, he's more quiet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I don't think he is getting revenge. Most probably edited to make the whole thing funny. He's too cute.

Love his witty retaliation when his close friends tease him. He is funnier when he is with his close friends probably because he knows they won't get offended. When he's with someone new, he's more quiet. 

I agree. This is why I was a bit disappointed in Yacht Expedition- JH was mostly quiet in this show, and if he spoke, the show edited it out, just saying that he was chattering <_< But because he didn't know the guys, he was mostly uncomfortable. Add to that the fact that they were younger than him, so even after he became more comfortable, he still didn't really speak freely. Here, even in the boat ride to the island you see how different he is with his friend.

Their boat ride itself was so entertaining, while the boat ride of the younger guys was so awkward... I have to say- the Korean's obsession with age and seniority is really foreign to me! To see the guy that was 15 years in the special forces be so deferential to the other guys just because they had seniority on him in the entertainment world is so odd!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

haha yea I totally agree that's why I said when they say or call it revenge.  It's cute because he doesn't seem to get mad or even if he's to actually get a bit annoy he can always respond with a smile or laugh about it.

@Biology Lesson yea Korean seniority is strange to me too even though we have that in Vietnamese culture, but they take it to a whole new level.

• Like 3